AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camgirl Protips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

After reading Evvie's very well written post providing advice for new models [ https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14554 ]

I wanted to further the advice-giving from both a Camgirl [and sometimes Members'] perspective, i.e. What works for Camgirls and what is effective wrt appealing to Members.

This isn't meant to be condescending in any way, it's just simple tips and advice to help out any Camgirl with a number of related topics/issues.

I've posted two already to gain some feedback on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/booyah_27/status/598015932024365056
http://twitter.com/booyah_27/status/598016256596451328

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are, good, bad, whatever. I'm not a Camgirl, so feel free to say 'Shut up Boo, You're not a Camgirl, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.'

That being said, how could I improve it? Should I make more?

The intent is to keep it open to ideas from (mainly) Camgirls, but also Members, so long as the tips/advice are positive and truly helpful/useful.

Let me know what you think! What advice would you give to new or veteran Models?

What makes you feel like you're qualified to give advice/tips to camgirls?

I feel like if you want to help a camgirl who is having a difficult time or struggling in some way, you would serve them far better by directing them to this forum and the Cam Girl Wiki. We have a wealth of information here about pretty much every camgirl topic under the sun (many of which you wont be able to view, but models will once they're verified) and they can ask questions of actual camgirls and get advice from people who do this job successfully. Hell, we have an awesome group of members too, so girls can also ask them questions for their perspective on things.

I don't think it is very cool of you to come and look through our forum and ask us for what advice we would give camgirls, so that you can turn around and tweet them as "Booyah's Tips". You might also find that camgirls feel some amount of disdain in general for people who are NOT camgirls telling them how to do their jobs. The "member giving advice and tips to the new model" thing is kind of like a trope in our community, at this point, and is not looked at in a favorable light. I think there are ways this can be done appropriately, but that is pretty rare.

You have lovely graphic design skills, I think that your graphics look quite nice! Perhaps if you feel like helpful graphics of some kind are something you want to share, you should use them to talk about things that you can speak with authority on instead of someone else's job? You have some posts from the members perspective, purely, perhaps that would be more appropriate? If someone came into ANY other job and advertised tips on how to do it better as someone who isn't in that profession, that would seem strange. "Hey lawyers! I'm not a lawyer but here are some tips on how to be a lawyer!" It's really no different in this case. You might be able to say "Hey! Here is what I would really like to see in a lawyer! I would hire a lawyer who did XYZ!" and that would be totally cool, because you are actually speaking from your own point of view. The other way is inappropriate.

Very well said, and this addressed some of my own concerns. Another reason why I love this community.

Just had an urge to create, wanted to try something new. I am inclined to agree with Kaylee, she laid everything out clearly and in a big picture sort of way, so thank you for that.

I will argue that the branding of 'Booyah's ____" is simply to claim ownership of the design and effort put into it. Had I used someone's idea or advice they would have been credited in some way.

But alas, I will discontinue the idea. And I appreciate & thank you for your input.

I think that you have the potential to create some beautiful things! If you can figure out how you can do it from your own point of view maybe you can make something really special! :)

Thanks for asking about this and good luck with future projects!

@DollParts, thank you! I was worried I would come across as being negative (not my intention) and your post definitely made me feel better about it!

Late to the party but just vouching for Boo here...

Booyah has been making graphics like this regarding camroom etiquette for a while and I still refer back to them pretty regularly when communicating points to patrons of my room; they are very well-informed, thought out, concise, professional and direct from a veteran member perspective. There are actually quite a few versions of these graphics floating around and being retweeted that have his name cropped out. As a fellow designer, I find that pretty humbling but also very insulting given the work that went into a project that's solely intended to help make the community a better place. Credit where credit is due, right? If someone snagged one of our graphics, as models, and shooped out our name/watermarks, we would be pretty damn upset... and that's usually paid work...

Despite retracting your decision, Boo, I highly encourage making more infographics about the camming world. You have a very strong eye for design and extensive experience with proper cam etiquette, I really do see these graphics as a lot more visually inviting and to-the-point than the blandness of a wiki or a forum. (No offense, forum, but we get a little wordy and side-tracked...) Wikis and forums are great for large amounts of information, graphics are *perfect* for quick bullet-points.

It should not be diminished that most cam models do like to get feedback on how to improve their customers' experience. Having professional-grade graphics from a member's perspective circulate around Twitter might actually have a pretty strong and very accessible impact on how other members or newer/struggling models view and shape the ever evolving cam-world. I would, however, emphasize that you are a veteran member and that *that* is the perspective you are sharing.

As Kaylee said, if you commit to dropping this venture, please continue making graphics. You have an excellent eye for design and it would be a pity for it to not be used for *some* good.

Personally, I don't mind tips from a member that are well thought out and actually help me make money. You are going to get haters regardless of what you do. I wouldn't stop doing your tips, the ones that are there are pretty useful. If a camgirl has a problem with your tips all she has to do is ban you. I have followed and retweeted because as a camgirl, I like what you are doing.

Reactions: booyah_27
Ohh so you're making advice graphics! I'll play!

To both members and models: don't waste your time on that dude/model you don't get on with. You're likely missing out on someone else you actually groove with. Fap time is valuable.

DeezNA said:
(No offense, forum, but we get a little wordy...)

Hehe, this made me giggle because Deez is one of the most verbose users on here! Glad you're back, Deez!!

Tip: if you (model) are selling/have sold something, don't use it to constantly beg for tips. The people have already tipped for the item, so they don't need to be heckled into tipping more. For example: if you sell Snapchat at X amount for X time period, don't say things like, "Tip me to keep the snaps coming!" or "Offline tip here: website.com" too often. Every 3rd picture does NOT need to be an advertisement, and is a definite turn-off. Many members stop buying said item because it feels like they're purchasing ad space.

Thank you Deez, as always you raise some very valid points.

I don't want to step on any toes, I don't want to offend anyone nor impose my thoughts on how Camgirls do their thing, but based on a few comments posted here and an influx of DMs from Camgirls insisting I continue the idea, I'm torn.

Kaylee raised a good point, which was acknowledged by Deez, which is- yes, I am a veteran of the Camming community, but if you don't know me/know of me, I can easily come across as a pompous know-it-all whose opinions are ineffectual or meaningless without knowing my personal history or experience within the community.

My goal is not to dictate, but to aid, enlighten, inform, and moreso, keep the floor open to ideas (which some of you have already provided, which I thank you you for).

I'm trying to think of ways to re-approach the idea, maybe remove the 'Booyah's ___' branding and create prototypes/mockups of various ideas and post them here for discussion/modification before releasing to the public?

Honestly, I think what's really causing the main issue is the "promo" part. Boo, you are by far the most generous and proactive person I have encountered in the community as far as promotion goes, but unfortunately (as I'm sure you know) the community is utterly saturated by "promoters" who latch onto any keywords they can find and just spam retweets with reference links to gain revenue. It's shady, fucked up and it gives anyone who is actually trying to do a good deed a bad name.

I shit you not, I was approached by a "BBW Girls Promoter" the other day. I'm a male and I am clinically underweight. ... :?

I wish I had more insight on how to remove that stigma and re-brand in a way that could really help boost the great things you are doing/have done for models and the community, but maybe a discussion could spark from this? :think:

I agree with the over-saturation of promoters inherent to the community...

I have in fact written up a lengthy description of my do's/don'ts as a promoter, and how that makes me unique or stand out from the rest, but have yet to revise it to a concise/digestible format.

But as you said there will always be a stigma associated with 'promoters' ...many of which simply leech off RTs or use the likeness/images of Camgirls (mostly without permission) for financial gain, for followers, etc.

Tip: If you have a horrible day (especially if you're new), don't take a huge break from camming just to feel sorry for yourself. Every model has bad days at some point in her career and as tempting as it is to take a break, it will only bite you in the ass when you come back on cam and all your regs have forgotten about you and moved on.

VeronicaChaos said:
Ohh so you're making advice graphics! I'll play!

To both members and models: don't waste your time on that dude/model you don't get on with. You're likely missing out on someone else you actually groove with. Fap time is valuable.

someone needs to write an economics journal article about that

"Fap Time Opportunity Cost: a Value-Maximizing Spending Approach"

LOL

(In Victorian times (Victorian as in the queen not the Purveyor of Chaos) 'spending' was the usual term for orgasming)

Status
Not open for further replies.