AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

camgirls with anxiety?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never realised that so many other models suffered from anxiety. Somedays it takes all my energy just to go to a friends house and as for shopping - Hubble does that. But on cam I can come across as really confident and if I Dont know what to say I just start to put a show on and the compliments soon start to flow - gevingerd me a confidence boost. Even us older ladies can learn

This thread makes me feel so much more confident with my desire to try my hand at camming. I have bipolar disorder and anxiety, and it's so hard to force yourself up and out of the house to go to work some days. The idea of camming is so fantastic to me, because I'd be my own boss. I'd make my own schedule, my own hours, I'd in control of every aspect of the work, and if I need a mental health day, I wouldn't answerable to anybody. I don't have to worry about losing my job because I'm completely incapable of working sometimes, for no physical reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
Oh yes I do indeed have anxiety! I even get panicy when I am going to something I am excited for. Overwhelmingly I have had struggled with years of depression and anxiety due to my body issues.
Making myself go out to more things made me realize that people enjoy my company. I love the feeling of making others laugh, feel at ease, so on and so forth.

I'll be honest, one of the things that draw me to starting this cam journey is that I live at the ass-end of town, I don't own a car, and most of the job listings here are for truck drivers- but aside from that, my desire to communicate, explore my sexuality, and support myself in what I consider an empowering way is what draws me to camming, regardless of my anxiety.

Reactions: Lil_Bambi
Wow... this is probably breaking some kind of etiquette but I love this thread. I typed in anxiety because I've got issues with it myself and wondered how ya'all handle it. This is awesome.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen
I have terrible depression and anxiety, among other problems that prevent me from working a "normal" job. So working from home is my best bet. My social anxiety is usually bad when I can hear/see others, so being on cam isn't as bad after my first few times, but it spikes again when I do c2c arrangements hence why I don't want to do them often (also the terrible lag lol). It's kind of forcing me to socialize, which is something I hardly ever do. I myself try to leave my house as little as possible, so I generally don't get much interaction offline at all.

I've noticed this too a lot will post about their mental issues and anxiety. I think it adds to their relatablity honestly and its honest. I also noticed a few who are empaths and things of that nature. I know Leeannstar is a physical medium and empath and I was in a private with her and she asked me about the woman in my house . Well after describing her and saying some other things no one in hell would know she was talking about my grandmother who died 4 months ago which blew me away . I'm into that and it seems a lot of creative women do have anxiety or have something about them. One girl said camming helped her a lot and now she isn't depressed and it changed her life so that's great

I just had a long ass conversation with one of my best friends about this yesterday.

I worked in a call center for 3.5 years. I was depressed and cutting and all over the place. I didn't get the chance to build up a following before quitting, but I just couldn't take it anymore. One silly thing I mentioned was I havent cut myself or harmed myself, aside from punching a wall so I didn't punch someone else, because camming is very revealing and I couldn't risk the anxiety of people questioning "Why is your arm/leg/etc bandaged up?". If my new medication knocks me out for a day, I dont have to call off "Sorry, I can't make it in today cause I'm drugged off my goddamn ass". I dont have anxiety from other people picking up my slack, per say, I just have to manage my time better.

I still need help because I didn't get that transition. I didn't get that following before quitting. But the ability to cam has probably saved me from dying. Sure, I had a break down that landed me in a hospital for a week, but I still would have missed work from a "normal" job, and it probably would have had a greater impact on a 9-5 job. With cam, I just had regulars checking my local news to make sure I didn't die.

It is SO much easier knowing that if someone ticks me off I can boot them, versus having to sit there in person and not punch them in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.