AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming background

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2020
I'll be camming from my bedroom, and while I can buy new and cute sheets and throw pillows, what do I do to make plain white walls look nicer? I half considered painting them or getting a wallpaper or something but that'd be a hassle so it's more of a last resort. Any ideas?

I'll be camming from my bedroom, and while I can buy new and cute sheets and throw pillows, what do I do to make plain white walls look nicer? I half considered painting them or getting a wallpaper or something but that'd be a hassle so it's more of a last resort. Any ideas?
when i started camming I had bare walls full of holes and no money. I bought nice sheets and stapled them up. It will make you look a bit like a studio model, but you can a couple touches like string lights (careful w your camera settings with these) or a plant or some cute posters. You can also buy professional backdrops, or hang something like a beaded curtain etc

I just own the plain white wall. I'm not someone who decorates normally, as I am clueless when it comes to decorating. More often than not, I'm camming at a desk with my bed or dresser in view behind me, so I figure that counts as background visual interest.

Use your own personality, but I like artwork (e.g. paintings on canvas)

I think having white walls gives you the opportunity to be really creative and white walls are best for lighting too! Make the walls however you want. It allows you to create the kind of atmosphere you want to emulate and sets the mood.

If you want your room be dainty and flirty: perhaps string lights, maybe some sheer curtains, pink paintings of flowers, ect
If you want to room to be mysterious and sensual: dark framing curtains, black and white artwork.

I also think that keeping any art decor in line with your what colors you have for your sheets and pillows is also a great way to make your room very cohesive.

Sorry - my sister was an interior designer and I am an artist so we geek about these things all the time!

I am yet to purchase something like this, but I also get a little bored of my background. I rotate prints, and change furniture around. As well as that, I am thinking of giving backdrops a try. It looks like the backdrops themselves can run as low as around $15- $20, and a stand would only be about $50. Maybe someone who has tried these might chime in though, because without having personal experience of them I don't wanna recommend them, or anything, (in case they have some kind of major drawback that I am not aware of). So I'm throwing it out there as a possible idea, but not saying that I know they are good from experience or anything.

If you search photo backdrops on amazon, you will see what I am talking about.

ETA; just saw a 3ft by 5ft one for only $7. They have all kinds of designs, backgrounds and colors, it's pretty cool...

I am yet to purchase something like this, but I also get a little bored of my background. I rotate prints, and change furniture around. As well as that, I am thinking of giving backdrops a try. It looks like the backdrops themselves can run as low as around $15- $20, and a stand would only be about $50. Maybe someone who has tried these might chime in though, because without having personal experience of them I don't wanna recommend them, or anything, (in case they have some kind of major drawback that I am not aware of). So I'm throwing it out there as a possible idea, but not saying that I know they are good from experience or anything.

If you search photo backdrops on amazon, you will see what I am talking about.

ETA; just saw a 3ft by 5ft one for only $7. They have all kinds of designs, backgrounds and colors, it's pretty cool...

I have 5 of the eBay backgrounds, they're perfect for filming content or photo sets.
I haven't used them for live camming though, I've only cammed on a bed as I have pots.
One of the backdrops showed up about half the advertised size but they refunded it.
The main issue with the backdrops is that they stop at the floor.
Also it's quite hard to get the creases out of them.

You can get tapestries on amazon from $10-20 depending on size. they're usually thin cloth and lightweight so you can hang them on your wall. I have a couple, I added grommets to hang them and it's super easy to change them out if I want something different. I think the fairy/string lights behind/around them looks good too

I use a duvet and get different covers for it, bookcase from Ikea for like $30 filled with books from the thrift store (that I'll actually read) and some potted plants from yard sales or Ikea. I have fairy lights having and I rotate paintings I find from yard sales, HomeGoods or thrifting. Only expensive things I use are my cam equipment and computer. I like it because if I take away the toys and lights, it looks like a normal bedroom.

when i first started, i was too poor for curtains so i had a sheet over my window with an old tapestry from my college dorm room to jazz it up. i still have a plain white wall too. i don't want to ever paint my white walls. most colored walls will absorb light. white walls reflect light and help your picture be illuminated.

i was raised to never buy full price or the ghost of my frugal grandfather will haunt me. i second thrifting/homegoods/tjmax/marshalls/bells/stienmart/tuesdaymornings/valuecity/gaberielbrothers and even walmart. (basically any discounted department store) all my items were bought second hand, at discounted rates. if your area has a specific trash days where garbage will pick up larger items like furniture, drive around. where i grew up that was basically monthly christmas. i know garage sales aren't in many right now because of the pandemic, but estate sales are still a thing. check out you local paper to see listings of state sales. the people running the estate sales job is to sale as much as possible. last days, they are more likely to go lower on items if you haggle. i bought my old corner couch at one for $85

pier one is currently going out of business. so if you have one near you hit them up to get some boujee shit for 50% off. their online store is closed.

i don't see this as much, but i used to see a lot of models who would have a divider as their background and cam from their chair. so if you don't want others seeing your background this is an option too.

colored light bulbs are also a good way to help jaz up your background. i change my colors all the time. you can get changing lights or just one color. lowes have a great selection for affordable lights

It's funny because years ago when I still lived in my parents' house and had a bedroom with beautiful pink walls and floral decor, I had some MFC member come in my room (while I'm in the middle of a flash) and start bitching about how my room looks like a kids room or a daycare center. This dude was really BUTTHURT about my walls. Haha! I said that I find it very hard to believe that a heterosexual male would care so much about something like that while a woman is busy shaking her tits and ass in his face. But I digress.....

But I have plain white walls now where I rent, and I just have a big ROCKY poster leaning against the wall. :)

This dude was really BUTTHURT about my walls. Haha! I said that I find it very hard to believe that a heterosexual male would care so much about something like that while a woman is busy shaking her tits and ass in his face. But I digress.....

I'm cracking up. I was doing a cum show the other day and a guy came in and said something about it being odd that I can get off in such a bland and boring room. Like........ WHAT??? :giggle: You have all of this in your face, and you're staring behind at my white ass walls?? Seriously??

I recently bought photo string lights so I can hang cute pics from them and stuff since I offer to mail polaroids to certain club members. I figured it'll spice my background up without too much interference. ☺

I wish I had plain white walls 😭 I have ugly wallpaper that cannot be removed or painted... I ended up getting a giant tapestry from society6 dramatically changed the vibe for the better, and all I had to do was hang it up with push pins. It has a pastel kind of anime cityscape on it, and I feel so fun and cute in front of it! Not the cheapest option, but I am really happy with it. I want to get more at some point so I can change up the vibe from time to time.

Reactions: englishmuffins
I got a society6 tapestry too and highly recommend it. I imagine I'll get more so I can rotate them out. I'll lurk on the society6 website and oftentimes around holidays they offer discounts as low as 30%-40% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.