AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming Default Pic Poll

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What kind of default pic most attracts you to click on a model?

• Mostly a face shot

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Full body picture

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Ass!

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Tits!

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Nudity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A smile

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Something silly

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Random pic not of the model

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about default pics, I just click on all rooms

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Other (please elaborate in comments)

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted mostly face shot.

Honestly, i much much MUCH rather look at cam previews as oppose to avatars. The cam preview gives the actual and most honest look of how the model appears on cam, rather than an avatar that's possibly photoshop'd or taken under different lighting. Sometimes people look strangely different in a picture; or the model may have changed her hair style, lost or gained weight, etc since the picture was taken. It also gives me a sense of whether i'll be watching the model in good versus poor room lighting, or clear versus pixelated/hazy resolution. From that point, i decide whether it's worth it to even drop in the model's room.

I voted face too, but was almost wanting to vote "silly." But silly can be attractive or not, depending. I took a screen shot of the top four rows while not logged in, and honestly, what catches my eye the most is a totally diverse thing. I think it depends on the model. Here's a graphic aid. :)

Attachments

• Top Four Rows.jpg
    Top Four Rows.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 576
mutantdonut said:

Honestly, i much much MUCH rather look at cam previews as oppose to avatars. The cam preview gives the actual and most honest look of how the model appears on cam, rather than an avatar that's possibly photoshop'd or taken under different lighting. Sometimes people look strangely different in a picture; or the model may have changed her hair style, lost or gained weight, etc since the picture was taken. It also gives me a sense of whether i'll be watching the model in good versus poor room lighting, or clear versus pixelated/hazy resolution. From that point, i decide whether it's worth it to even drop in the model's room.
I agree, but that's not the poll. Maybe ask, which sort of avatar would you most want to hover your cursor over to see the preview?

Nordling said:
mutantdonut said:

I agree, but that's not the poll. Maybe ask, which sort of avatar would you most want to hover your cursor over to see the preview?

I understand that's not the poll, but since Megan's intent is to help her fellow models with useful info, i figured there's relevance in how others might peruse camsites when searching new models.

mutantdonut said:
Nordling said:
mutantdonut said:

I understand that's not the poll, but since Megan's intent is to help her fellow models with useful info, i figured there's relevance in how others might peruse camsites when searching new models.
Oh, maybe we should break out and discuss which type of model name, hair color, room lighting....

Sorry. sarcasm.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Nordling said:
mutantdonut said:
Nordling said:
mutantdonut said:

Oh, maybe we should break out and discuss which type of model name, hair color, room lighting....

Sorry. sarcasm.
Didn't mean to thank! You're being a bit harsh, which is so unlike you. You feeling okay? I mean, his post didn't really answer the question, but it was relevant to the topic.

PlayboyMegan said:
Nordling said:
mutantdonut said:
Nordling said:
mutantdonut said:

Sorry. sarcasm.
Didn't mean to thank! You're being a bit harsh, which is so unlike you. You feeling okay? I mean, his post didn't really answer the question, but it was relevant to the topic.
You're right. I do apologize. Both to mutantdonut and you. One of my rare cranky moods.

Went with face too, my criteria for camgirls I like to watch are basically:

- has pretty face
- makes me laugh

So I'm usually looking for an image that conveys that. I'm with donut in that I like it to be at least representative of what I'm going to see on cam. Doesn't need to be the exact same lighting or even recent, just not something very different. In another thread I likened the wrong way to go about this to the happy-go-lucky DVD cover of Return to Oz, a decidedly dark movie that was presented in the store as something resembling the original. Good exames of this would be NataliaGrey and SexySteph. Natalia's is an older picture, but it's still undeniably her and a good indicator to what you get to see in her room. Steph recently changed hers to her avatar here, which I think perfectly captures both her being, like, really really pretty ( :oops: ) as well as the silly vibe that makes her room so much fun.

I don't really have a preference over an inviting smile or something sillier, whichever you feel works best for you and your shows.

Leon_Omega said:
WSteph recently changed hers to her avatar here, which I think perfectly captures both her being, like, really really pretty ( :oops: ) as well as the silly vibe that makes her room so much fun.

Awww!!! Leon! :) :oops:

Reactions: Leon_Omega
I've always notice a little bump in traffic on days I change my MFC avatar no matter what kind of pic it is. Kind of like "who's this again?" traffic. I also try to coordinate it with any new content if I have something available. I think it can help generate interest in what else might be new among people who have you as a friend and notice the change.

I chose silly but I prefer it be a silly face / bust shot that shows some personality.

I went into Sophia's room over 2 years ago because of her pink wig and dildo on her head in her avatar.

I love this thread! Thank you Megan!
I've been thinking about this the past couple of days and I can't figure out what type of image would be best. I'm thinking I should maybe change my avatar into one I'm actually smiling. (Ive been getting a lot of 'are you a domme? you look to cheerful to be a domme' type of messages)

If anyone feels like getting me some feedback on my avatar? that would be great! (I would like to use a latex shot because that sort of sets me apart from the crowd, but maybe more friendly/colourful?)

edit;
I want want to add that from a marketing perspective it's wise to use a photo where you look into the camera, making eye-contact (just look at a magazine stand and 90% of the cover models are looking straight at you)

Attachments

• 4edccd62cc535-_FLO0184a copy.jpg
    4edccd62cc535-_FLO0184a copy.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 468
I voted "I don't care", because I use the preview image or moments in the Lounge to decide rather than an avatar.

SexyStephXS said:
Leon_Omega said:
WSteph recently changed hers to her avatar here, which I think perfectly captures both her being, like, really really pretty ( :oops: ) as well as the silly vibe that makes her room so much fun.

Awww!!! Leon! :) :oops:

Look, I can't help this perv-lust-crush thing I have for you, allright? :oops:

Like, seriously, I find myself sometimes cursing the fact I have gainful and steady employment just because it makes me miss your shows more often than not...

But I digress, I neglected to mention that it is purely a preference for me. A picture of a particularly pleasant posterior (or a pleasingly perky pair of pboobs) is of course not a dealbreaker. But given the choice, I'm more likely to check out the face.

I prefer full body shots that also include a picture of the model's face (thus why my SM avatar is what it is; link is in my sig if anyone's interested.) That way not only do I know that I'm attracted to her face, but also her body type. There's been more than once that I've clicked on a nice face shot only to find out she has a body type that just doesn't turn me on. Not a good surprise from a member's standpoint. :(

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
I use cam previews, but I think having an accurate picture is most important. Before I discovered cam previews I kept going into rooms only to discover the model looked nothing like her avatar.

Rin said:
I just changed mine to this because of this thread. I used to use the same picture I have on ACF, but decided it probably wasn't such a great idea :shifty:

This one is a tad different, but also slightly more sexy. Thoughts?
Vast improvement. I am always encouraging models to save the silly face stuff for rare moments and put a more professional/sexy/pretty impression out there.

Rin said:
I just changed mine to this because of this thread. I used to use the same picture I have on ACF, but decided it probably wasn't such a great idea :shifty:

And your main profile pic with short hair ... yowza! :oops:

Fay_Galore said:
I love this thread! Thank you Megan!
I've been thinking about this the past couple of days and I can't figure out what type of image would be best. I'm thinking I should maybe change my avatar into one I'm actually smiling. (Ive been getting a lot of 'are you a domme? you look to cheerful to be a domme' type of messages)

If anyone feels like getting me some feedback on my avatar? that would be great! (I would like to use a latex shot because that sort of sets me apart from the crowd, but maybe more friendly/colourful?)

edit;
I want want to add that from a marketing perspective it's wise to use a photo where you look into the camera, making eye-contact (just look at a magazine stand and 90% of the cover models are looking straight at you)

file.php

Fay, your outfit... :shock:

Are you from the future?

Rin said:

My thoughts like this, rawr!

*adds Rin to "the list"*

Reactions: Karli_Killcam
I voted face shot because I want to associate the name with a face, so the default pic sort of serves as a picture ID. At least with MFC's avatar sizes, a picture that includes more of the body would make the face too small to be easily recognizable. Also, considering that MFC can put stuff on the top edge (status, eg. "In Private") and corners (Miss MFC crown, HD, Menu, preview icon), there's really not a lot of space for a good face shot.

I mostly like face shots, myself. I think the exception would be girls with little waists and big boobs. Because when you see a face and massive cleavage you might think "BBW" when the girl is not at all. In that case, I'd go with torso up to show the body type.

Status
Not open for further replies.