AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming in college

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanthaGrant

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 8, 2015
Hey there,

I'm really not sure if this is an appropriate place to post a thread like this or not but I noticed when I searched through threads theres a real lack of one pertaining to cam models who both work as cam models while enrolled in college. Perhaps this topic might be more suitable for the models only section but I still have yet to gain access to that so thought I'd just start a thread.

I'm wondering if any of you have been camming while in college courses and how you managed/ or are managing currently. I'm fairly new to the cam world but I love the overall atmosphere of it all so far. My goals for camming don't stop at the financial aspect of it because I really do find it a fun past time and a great way to meet some awesome people. But that being said I do need to make rent as well lol.

So far the biggest hurdle I'm trying to overcoming is having the time to make content to sell. Ideally I'd like to get a few videos and photo sets up for sale but I'm finding it so hard to find the time between housework, classes, volunteering, and getting on cam in general. I also feel content adds to games and activities in the room that might have more participants if they were a possibility to win.

I'm not looking for anyone to spoon feed me or baby me in this. I realized going in this would be tough and a great deal of work. I'm just wondering what everyone else's stories are and how you all managed camming and course work.

Thanks for any responses, they are appreciated :nod:

A lot of us are actually in school.

The only answer I can really tell you that worked and is working for me is sacrificing sleep. I've spent the last 3 years messing around with my schedule and nothing has really worked except just having to put my big lady panties on and staying up much later than I normally would. I get one day of the week that is designated for catching up (Friday) and I just sleep for like 14 hours. Oh and I also had to stop volunteering, or at least volunteer/go into the lab only once a week. I had to really prioritize my schedule and unfortunately for me sleep was at the bottom of the list.

Whatever works for you works for you. Good luck in adjusting and happy camming!

I agree with Luxy that you really have to prioritize. Obviously your financial situation will dictate if camming is most important, but if not, you can kind of choose: are you camming so that you can work less hours than a normal job and have more time for school? Or is camming and making money your goal/priority? (This sounds kind of biased - it's not meant to, haha, whatever you prefer is obviously fine.)

Personally school is my very top priority, volunteering/regular work is second to that. Camming is last, not because I don't love it, but because I am spending a fuckton of time and money to be in school for a reason. I don't want camming to take over my life to the point that it affects my studies. My post-grad aspirations involve the kind of work that requires experience and good grades. If I wanted to make a career out of camming, though, camming would be my top priority, at which point I'd probably put my studies on hold or do less courses per semester.

Like Luxy said it can be really hard to balance! Personally I find it really useful to set up a rigorous schedule for yourself. Determine your camming days, post it on your profile/Twitter, make sure people know exactly when they can find you and when they can't. And then schedule your studies around that time. If possible I try to schedule my work time after class, so for example if my classes were M-W-F 10am-3pm I'd work M-W-F 6pm-10pm. That way if you have assignments due, you aren't camming the night before class, lol. But really I think it just takes a lot of organization!

Really though I do think defining your priority is important. For me personally when I prioritize one, the other is typically getting less, so figuring out where you want to focus that effort is best and then work around it to make sure you're not just kind of treading water in both areas, you know? That might just be me, haha. The girls who rock both their academics & their camlife blow my mind with awesomeness, I'm just not able to do both haha so it works well for me to pick the area I want to put the most time/effort.

It's encouraging to know I'm not the only person struggling with this feat. Luckily I'll be finishing up and getting my associates by summer then I'm thinking about taking a break.

My next goal is to get my cam stuff going to save up money to go back to school to get a BS in computer engineering. It's a pretty rigorous program so I'm not sure I'd make it while camming a lot lol.

At least my last quarter I have really easy classes and possibly ones that'll benefit camming. Some photography classes, PE, and Engish lol. Thanks for both your replies!:shame:

Reactions: Gen
Hey Samantha... You're not alone, I'm currently enrolled in a university as a freshman and I started camming because of the cost of school itself. I'm pretty new as well and I'm still working through a few things. I would suggest that you just do you best to put time aside for everything, I know that's pretty generic but it's how you find what works for you. For me, I would say that camming would be easiest done in the morning just because I've got plenty of time before class and everyone overseas is up and excited to see me. Like the others have said, just make sure that you don't let your work takeover your education.

Reactions: SamanthaGrant
Hola!

I am in school at the moment as well. I will be taking a break this upcoming semester but it is still a juggle at this moment. I totally feel you about trying to make both work. I actually missed an assignment the other day because I got so excited about my night of camming....Haha good thing I have been really good about my grades so didn't do that much damage.

Honestly though I made an extensive weekly planner with my set time for classes and camming. I even put in blocks of time for getting ready. If you do this try to factor in a good amount of extra time AND Good sleeping times. Sleep is sooooo important to your health. It is totally doable though. I usually allot out 4 hours for camming because that is what I can do for the moment. Also I tried to keep them around the same time during the day throughout the week.

Hope this helps : ).

We have great feedback here!
I'm enrolled full time. I am still finding balance.
The things that help me most are to-do lists and my academic planner. I prioritize by labeling each item with urgent, later, and delegate. I also keep my awesome pink planner in my laptop case.
My regulars notice when i'm away for a while. That make me feel loved when I'm back, which is lovely.

Reactions: SamanthaGrant
Thanks for all the awesome replies! Seems like I just need to start working on my time management. Planning on getting a lot of content recorded and done over winter break lol. Feel like once I get some videos and photosets out of the way I'll feel better :)

• Hugs
Reactions: HoneyPott
Status
Not open for further replies.