AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this forum - but have had something of a camscore triumph as of late. I signed up for MFC, then took a break for a couple months and lost both my new model status and the small pack of regulars I had almost cultivated. Then I decided to come back (which was an awesome decision) but realized my cam score had dropped to ~500. Anyway, I've been working my ass off for the past week or so and it's up to 752! I know that's not much - but I'm super proud of dragging it up! It's a slow, arduous process, but I'm going to make this work dammit.

MFC camscore is about the most inaccurate rating system i hear of

It does not reward the girls who work longer , harder and earn more money for MFC

it just rewards those that get on and get off and get fast tokens, thats it

I have finished top 100 in missfreecams for 11 of last 12 months and top 20 1 time.

my friend also works here and she has finished only 1 time in the top 100 and no times in the top 20 in last year

her camscore is over 19,000 and mine is under 10,000 lol

MFC is the only business in the world that doesnt reward its top earners , whatever ! fuck it , maybe i will start working 20 minutes a day and get a camscore of 40,000

as has been said before, there are multiple ways to define who MFC's top earners are. As far as MFC is concerned they probably prefer girls who earn tokens faster...it costs them less in bandwidth. tour reward for working more than your friend is more money. if you really think you could do as well as girls with higher cam scores I'd love to see you try. Anyways based on your finishes in the top 100, your cam score seems just about right...

I am curious, if the admins are so concerned about band width costs, why don't they impose some kind of minimum cam score rule? How many tokens per hour does a model with a 100 cam score pull in? Is it enough to cover her band width usage?

Presumably a model with a super low cam score doesn't really have anyone watching her so wouldn't be using much bandwidth. It's lie a twist on the old question: If an MFC model is on cam, and there's no one in her room to see her, is she really on cam?

lurkylurk said:
I am curious, if the admins are so concerned about band width costs, why don't they impose some kind of minimum cam score rule? How many tokens per hour does a model with a 100 cam score pull in? Is it enough to cover her band width usage?
Considering that many days you start hitting below-1000 models on the first page, it is possible that the simple quantity of low-camscore models pull in a pretty nice amount of money.

Tokens per hours is what makes camscore. There are low camscore models (like myself) that still make decent money, it just takes longer to do it.

Charging a model bandwidth costs would not only hurt models, it would hurt MFC. Studios would move their girls to other sites and models that were making less than a thousand a month would probably leave in favor of a site that didn't work this way.

MissSummers said:
My camscore has just plummeted in the month I've been camming. I do it nearly every night, as it's my only source of income right now. I never have more than 10 premiums in my room at a time, so the farther my camscore drops, the less money I'm able to make. The less money I make, the more my camscore drops. It's just a fabulous cycle that I'm caught in. I think my score is 277 today. Seriously.

It's very frustrating, and to be told "Oh, just don't worry about it" is probably the least helpful thing I could hear from this company, so I'm glad the rest of you models are just as peeved as I am.

Do you think there's any hope for me, though? I don't want to be top model anything, I just want to make enough money for bills, and a camscore of maybe 2-3000. I have a decent set of regulars, but they're regular blokes who don't have very deep pockets. There are times when I'm fairly certain I'm screwed, at least on MFC, but it's the best site I've seen out there...so I don't want to have to work somewhere else. Sadface.

I know you posted this like almost a month ago now... and I hope that things have picked up for you, but I just wanted to offer a suggestion. You said you're on most every night. I would (as a new-ish model myself [about 2 months on MFC now]) recommend trying a different time of day. I have a much harder time pulling people into my room at night (generally). Also, I think I read somewhere in this thread that if you just log off for a bit if you're not doing well tip-wise that can help too. I try to stay on for about 1-1.5 hours before deciding whether or not it is worth it to stay on. Since I started paying attention to that my camscore has gone up, but it seems to have leveled off over the past month between 1400-1500.

AmberCutie said:
T
However, one of the biggest and most important reasons for me to maintain a good camscore is that being visible to new people is key.

Are there any stats on how many people sort by camescore and how many people sort by # of people in the room?

I always sort by # in the room as it seems like a more reliable way to find rooms with interesting stuff/people than camscore which gets so heavily gamed/cheated.

Keltaric said:
AmberCutie said:
T
However, one of the biggest and most important reasons for me to maintain a good camscore is that being visible to new people is key.

Are there any stats on how many people sort by camescore and how many people sort by # of people in the room?

I always sort by # in the room as it seems like a more reliable way to find rooms with interesting stuff/people than camscore which gets so heavily gamed/cheated.

I don't want to make you sound like a freeloader because I don't know you. I'm sure there are tippers who order the models this way but, it seems as though most of the people that do this are only looking for girls that are masturbating in public to get a show for free. :twocents-02cents:

lovecat said:
Keltaric said:
AmberCutie said:
T

I don't want to make you sound like a freeloader because I don't know you. I'm sure there are tippers who order the models this way but, it seems as though most of the people that do this are only looking for girls that are masturbating in public to get a show for free. :twocents-02cents:
Yeah, the only time I look at the MostPopRoom list is when I'm looking for something exciting to watch, with little to no intent of tipping. I would suggest sorting by this makes it easier to find exciting shows to freeload on...

Not saying Kelt is a freeloader, but many who do this might be.

No way to tell how many people sort which way, but by camscore is the default for NEW users. Unless you manually go in and change the settings, you'll see highest camscores first.

I usually get on cam around 11pm and stay well past midnight. When looking at my token stats, I was reminded that the one hour before midnight is counted as a day alone. I have an inkling that this is making my cam score drop. Could this be possible?
Please give me any insight into this, I just started and my cam score was 800 I jumped to over 1300 in a few more days but now I'm down to 1100?? I have been making around the same average every night. :(

Token Stats Example:

7/14/2012 11pm-12am 500 tokens
7/15/2012 12am-4am 2,000 tokens

Barely18 said:
I usually get on cam around 11pm and stay well past midnight. When looking at my token stats, I was reminded that the one hour before midnight is counted as a day alone. I have an inkling that this is making my cam score drop. Could this be possible?
Please give me any insight into this, I just started and my cam score was 800 I jumped to over 1300 in a few more days but now I'm down to 1100?? I have been making around the same average every night. :(

Token Stats Example:

7/14/2012 11pm-12am 500 tokens
7/15/2012 12am-4am 2,000 tokens

If you regularly make 2500 tok in 5 hours then you are averaging 500 tok per hour and your camscore seems to be just about in the right range. As you will read in the rest of this thread you may have had a higher average day fall off your 60 days or other models site wide made higher averages than normal.

AmberCutie said:
lovecat said:
Keltaric said:
AmberCutie said:
T

Yeah, the only time I look at the MostPopRoom list is when I'm looking for something exciting to watch, with little to no intent of tipping. I would suggest sorting by this makes it easier to find exciting shows to freeload on...

Not saying Kelt is a freeloader, but many who do this might be. (...)

Off topic, but it bothers me so much that guests can see the Most Popular Rooms list.
I mean, why make it even easier for them to freeload than it already is? Why can't the Most Popular Rooms list be a feature for premiums only? I don't want to know how many guests get on MFC every day and the first thing they do is check that list to find a free public cum show to freeload on within seconds. It's mega easy.

On the other hand, the groups list is only displayed for premiums. If it appeared for guests/basics as well, maybe some of them would ask themselves, 'Wow, that girl has 30/50/100 people in her group show? I wonder what's going on in that group, maybe I should become a premium... Hey I'm just going to become a premium right now.'

I think having the groups list show up for guests/basics would be an additional incentive to get them to upgrade to premium status - while showing them the Most Popular Rooms list makes it easier for them to freeload and easier to stick with the decision of staying a guest/basic until the end of time.

IMO the Most Popular Rooms list should be displayed to premiums only, and the groups list should be displayed to everyone.

If you regularly make 2500 tok in 5 hours then you are averaging 500 tok per hour and your camscore seems to be just about in the right range. As you will read in the rest of this thread you may have had a higher average day fall off your 60 days or other models site wide made higher averages than normal.

Well, that's confusing me as well. I have only been camming for a week now. Why is my cam score changing if I technically have no 60 day average?

Barely18 said:

Well, that's confusing me as well. I have only been camming for a week now. Why is my cam score changing if I technically have no 60 day average?

i don't pretend to understand the mysteries of camscore....but appreciation for it seems inversely proportional to how much thought you give it.
6d163442-1642-4325-b11b-b368277c1405.jpg

Reactions: LadyLuna
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
lovecat said:
Keltaric said:
AmberCutie said:
T

Not saying Kelt is a freeloader, but many who do this might be. (...)

Off topic, but it bothers me so much that guests can see the Most Popular Rooms list.
I mean, why make it even easier for them to freeload than it already is? Why can't the Most Popular Rooms list be a feature for premiums only? I don't want to know how many guests get on MFC every day and the first thing they do is check that list to find a free public cum show to freeload on within seconds. It's mega easy.

On the other hand, the groups list is only displayed for premiums. If it appeared for guests/basics as well, maybe some of them would ask themselves, 'Wow, that girl has 30/50/100 people in her group show? I wonder what's going on in that group, maybe I should become a premium... Hey I'm just going to become a premium right now.'

I think having the groups list show up for guests/basics would be an additional incentive to get them to upgrade to premium status - while showing them the Most Popular Rooms list makes it easier for them to freeload and easier to stick with the decision of staying a guest/basic until the end of time.

IMO the Most Popular Rooms list should be displayed to premiums only, and the groups list should be displayed to everyone.

I don't want to come across as being too disagreeable, but I do want to share some relevant insight.

Guests, and basics are all potential members. If the initial kindling spark of 'oh, free sex shows on MFC!' don't exist, then it's much more difficult to get any traffic through the site at all. The interest in the site originate from the fact that, as men with high sex-drives, we like watching shows - which involves in its strictest sense, freeloading.

As for Group show listings - it might be a good idea, but it's a bit of a gambit. In my experience, I know that in some games where premium-content is pushed too much, the site gains a negative reputation for trying to oversell the product.

The MFC Camscore by TROLLENSTEIN.
------------------------------------------------------

Assuming it isn't Magical Pixies that pluck the numbers out of the air (it could well be), first we need to work out what metrics the algorithm "probably" uses in the calculations for rendering a Camscore rating that can't be "gamed" easily.

Simple Metrics:

TIMEONCAM = The time the model spend on cam in Public/Group/Private burning MFC bandwidth.
TOKENTOTAL = Total token count per session.

Which would give us :

TOKENTOTAL
----------------- = CAMSCORE
TIMEONCAM

So, if is WAS just those metrics it would present them with 2 basic problems. First problem is, obviously, any model could game the system to produce an outrageously high Camscore with simply getting people to dump a lot of tokens in 5mins and log off. Second problem, for MFC, would be that the resulting Camscore wouldn't reflect their best money earners, thus reducing their net profit. Example, new members joining MFC, "Sort by Camscore" is default, so they'd only see the "dump 'n run" models with inflated Camscores giving them a bad overall MFC experience thus MFC losing a potential member, thus losing money, and MFC don't want that.

So, to those basic metrics let's add some more:

TOKENRATE = Rate at which Tokens are earned in PUBLIC. (How often are public tips generated? Is it higher than Group/Private/True rate? More tips per hour = more net profit for MFC. )
OFFLINETIPTOTAL = Very VERY important to MFC (No bandwidth costs = pure profit)
PRIVATE/GROUPONCAM* = Time spent in Private/Group. (Private/Group/TruePrivate are fixed rate variables. Lower Bandwidth costs for MFC = More net profit.)
ROOMSIZE** = How many people in a room. (More people = More MFC Bandwidth costs.)

So, even if we add just those 4 new metrics we can now generate a substantial more accurate Camscore. Example :

( TOKENTOTAL + TOKENRATE + OFFLINETIPTOTAL + PRIVATE/GROUPONCAM ) - ROOMSIZE = CAMROOMSCORE

... and then ...

CAMROOMSCORE / TIMEONCAM = CAMSCORE

So just by using those few metrics I'd get a pretty decent idea of who is earning me (MFC) the most money, and therefore who's camscore should be greater than X's. Obviously, this is all guesswork as nobody but the coder of the Camscore algorithm would be able to tell you exactly how it's calculated, but I think it's a good start. One thing I'd point out is MFC are in this to make money, you are helping THEM make money, if you are making THEM good money the resulting Camscore helps you out by being listed higher, which in turn gets you more eyes-on your room, which in turn helps MFC make more money from these new people, which helps boost your camscore, which helps MFC... you get the point. Or, it could indeed be Magical Pixies that pluck numbers out of the air. I'll stop rambling here, and ask if anyone has any input to add please do.

* - Group is 10 tokens per min = 600 tokens per viewer in Group/per hour. (EG : 3 people in the group is 1800 per hour, but how many groups last for 1 hour?)
- Private is 60 tokens per min = 3600 tokens per hour (+ any voyeurs, I'd assume those voyeur tokens would be added to Public token count.).
- TruePrivate is 80 tokens per minute = 4800 tokens per hour. (Least bandwidth, highest token/per hour = MFC love).

** - I've had a few people say they don't think the amount of people in a room doesn't influence camscore, but I think it would be a very important metric for them to use (I would). For example, say there is 2000 people viewing my cam, that's A LOT of bandwidth for MFC to burn (even more for HD streams). Remember, it's not YOUR bandwidth that's being used for all those people to watch your cam, your bandwidth is only used to send the video stream to the MFC server, which then encodes and sends the stream out to all the viewers. And while bandwidth is very cheap, it isn't free. So would MFC be making sure they're making enough money off the tokens being earned in the room to cover it? I know I would. So that's why I included it.

any model could game the system to produce an outrageously high Camscore with simply getting people to dump a lot of tokens in 5mins and log off. Second problem, for MFC, would be that the resulting Camscore wouldn't reflect their best money earners, thus reducing their net profit

This is known to happen all the time with many models.

This issue has been discussed a great deal over the course of this thread. It is considered that yes, MFC does reward their highest earners per hour over highest earners overall.

Evvie said:
any model could game the system to produce an outrageously high Camscore with simply getting people to dump a lot of tokens in 5mins and log off. Second problem, for MFC, would be that the resulting Camscore wouldn't reflect their best money earners, thus reducing their net profit

This is known to happen all the time with many models.

This issue has been discussed a great deal over the course of this thread. It is considered that yes, MFC does reward their highest earners per hour over highest earners overall.
Yeah... your example shows exactly what happens. Girls game the system completely to get crazy high camscores, but when you go in their room, you can tell they didn't earn it the usual way.

Trollenstein I appreciate your dedication and effort in putting this together and trying to figure it out, but a couple of us who have been camming on MFC for some years and have kept stats have figured out the basics of it, and it has been discussed/exampled for the other models of ACF.

It really does just come down to tokens/time online compared to the average of all models earning on the site over 60 days. Some of us have done the math, month after month, and it comes out within a few digits of exact.

I understand the desire and excitement to try and figure out the algorithm, but honestly it really does seem to be as simple as I stated it above.

Reactions: TROLLENSTEIN
Hi, thanks for the replies. I was trying to start a discussion on what other metrics MFC might use to form the entire Camscore calculation (the other bits that make up the "few digits" differences) is what I was interested in discussing. I've no idea what in my post suggested the algorithm isn't broken and open to abuse? Everyone knows this, I wouldn't bother repeating it. :think:

TROLLENSTEIN said:
Hi, thanks for the replies. I was trying to start a discussion on what other metrics MFC might use to form the entire Camscore calculation (the other bits that make up the "few digits" differences) is what I was interested in discussing. I've no idea what in my post suggested the algorithm isn't broken and open to abuse? Everyone knows this, I wouldn't bother repeating it. :think:
Ah, perhaps I was confused then? It seemed like you post was "this is probably how MFC does it" instead of "this is a better alternative".

However, your new camscore algorithm is identical to the current one except that it includes room size. Current camscores are determined by online tips, offline tips, and what is made in group and public shows. The only way in which it would be different is that those results are curved based on how many people are in the room. The only real difference I can see is if you decide to weight those categories differently (ie, offline tips count twice as much towards camscore) but I can only see that as being hugely frustrating for many models.

I see also that you have total camroomscore minus roomsize. This is to penalize models who have large room sizes? It seems like hurting models who attract the most customers is not a good thing - those members will be on MFC regardless. You're still paying to stream to their computers. Also, this would encourage models to artificially inflate their camscore. They log on, they're the only one online (no one to hurt their camscore), tip themselves 10k tokens, and log off.

TROLLENSTEIN said:
I've no idea what in my post suggested the algorithm isn't broken and open to abuse? Everyone knows this, I wouldn't bother repeating it. :think:
This line in your reply totally confuses me, lol.

As to the other part, yeah I suppose the mystery is why my math would bring me to camscore of 11320.031 when my profile page says 11320.21 or some negligible difference like that. But I just think that is a result of the profile page with the camscore updating maybe every 4 hours or so, and the average on the site changing every moment of the day while girls are earning tokens. Those of us who have learned how to calculate our stats and verify our camscore would all probably agree that it's a small detail like that, not another large factor in the algorithm itself (like room size, or pvt tokens weighing heavier than public tokens, etc.)

I hope you don't think that I'm trying to attack you or your post, I am very excited that you've signed up here, so my apologies for your introduction being in such a controversial (couldn't think of better word) thread and getting debated immediately. But I am betting you can imagine how many times we have people on the other side of the webcam try and tell us they know how this or that works when we are probably a bit more "in the know."

I do also hope you enjoy the forum now that you're here, and mosey around and share some fun insight in other posts too! :hello2:

Evvie said:
I see also that you have total camroomscore minus roomsize. This is to penalize models who have large room sizes? It seems like hurting models who attract the most customers is not a good thing - those members will be on MFC regardless. You're still paying to stream to their computers. Also, this would encourage models to artificially inflate their camscore. They log on, they're the only one online (no one to hurt their camscore), tip themselves 10k tokens, and log off.

Hi, sorry if that reply sounded "cunty" in any way! The CAMROOMSCORE is the sum of adding the positive up (ones that earn tokens) minus the ones that would cost me money (bandwidth), not a penalty on models, just a - on my profits from the room (not CAMROOMSCORE - ROOMSIZE) :)

AmberCutie said:
This line in your reply totally confuses me, lol.

It confuses me reading it back now :?

AmberCutie said:
As to the other part, yeah I suppose the mystery is why my math would bring me to camscore of 11320.031 when my profile page says 11320.21 or some negligible difference like that. But I just think that is a result of the profile page with the camscore updating maybe every 4 hours or so, and the average on the site changing every moment of the day while girls are earning tokens. Those of us who have learned how to calculate our stats and verify our camscore would all probably agree that it's a small detail like that, not another large factor in the algorithm itself (like room size, or pvt tokens weighing heavier than public tokens, etc.)

That makes perfect sense, I maybe over thinking it. It just seems incredible to me that MFC leave it as this "mystical" thing that they seem very reluctant to help models understand.

AmberCutie said:
I hope you don't think that I'm trying to attack you or your post, I am very excited that you've signed up here, so my apologies for your introduction being in such a controversial (couldn't think of better word) thread and getting debated immediately. But I am betting you can imagine how many times we have people on the other side of the webcam try and tell us they know how this or that works when we are probably a bit more "in the know."

Never thought attacked for a second, was happy to get the replies.

AmberCutie said:
I do also hope you enjoy the forum now that you're here, and mosey around and share some fun insight in other posts too! :hello2:

Glad to be here. :hello2:

Gosh!!!! I just want to squish both of yer cute faces for being so super sweet and cute!!!! :shifty:
... sorry... I'll back away now... heh

Reactions: AmberCutie
Now that I am no longer on MFC can tell you all what I have noticed:
- Rating 1 star has little affect on camscore. Reward points of voting user have no affect on weight of any profile vote.
- It is a 60 day rolling average.
- Tokens earnt per hour, and competition for tokens while on is the main component of camscore.
- The clock runs down on camscore. Large reward points of members may make a difference to the speed of the clock. Away time counts, better to log off if away for long periods.
- Some models seem to have a deal on camscore. Unsure if this is true or not.
- Activity within profile and room are rumoured to be involved in score.
- Getting camscore from a low to an average position takes fewer tokens than from an average to a high position.

Camscores around 6000 are about the best you can do without massive support in larger tips. 2000 to 4000 camscores are where most good/ skilled models start. Under 700 camscore as a user I always suspected there was something wrong in visiting this model.

Maniac said:
- Rating 1 star has little affect on camscore. Reward points of voting user have no affect on weight of any profile vote.
- Tokens earnt per hour, and competition for tokens while on is the main component of camscore.
- The clock runs down on camscore. Large reward points of members may make a difference to the speed of the clock. Away time counts, better to log off if away for long periods.
- Getting camscore from a low to an average position takes fewer tokens than from an average to a high position.

Camscores around 6000 are about the best you can do without massive support in larger tips. 2000 to 4000 camscores are where most good/ skilled models start. Under 700 camscore as a user I always suspected there was something wrong in visiting this model.
The rest of your post is obvious and most of us already knew all that, but the part in bold is just... Wow. :? Don't you think it's up to each member to decide if a model is 'good' or not? Tastes differ. Making the most tokens in the shortest amount of time does not automatically mean you're a 'good model', per se. Camscore is about the money a model makes. Whether a certain model is 'good', or attractive, or appealing, or likeable in someone's eyes, has next to nothing to do with the money she makes.

I'm not trying to offend you or anything, I just think it's very... brave to say good models always have a camscore over 2000. I know many incredibly entertaining, funny, cute and hot girls with camscores from 600 to 2000 who are just unlucky or were it at a certain point, so they have a lower camscore than they 'should'. They are good models in my opinion.

LilyMarie said:
Maniac said:

The rest of your post is obvious and most of us already knew all that, but the part in bold is just... Wow. :? Don't you think it's up to each member to decide if a model is 'good' or not? Tastes differ. Making the most tokens in the shortest amount of time does not automatically mean you're a 'good model', per se. Camscore is about the money a model makes. Whether a certain model is 'good', or attractive, or appealing, or likeable in someone's eyes, has next to nothing to do with the money she makes.

Sorry didn't mean to imply anything is wrong with the model herself, or imply anything about the tastes of those visiting. I only meant that in visiting I would expect the model to be doing something to turn off her room in some way. Usually this is only poor communication.

Reactions: LilyMarie
Status
Not open for further replies.