AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camscore ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoomer said:
I think the only thing cam score means is you're highly likely to see a free show. Without having to pay.

This is exactly what I've been trying to keep in mind all month. I was almost at 4k last month and now I'm just under 3k. It's hard to not worry about cam scores but I keep telling myself that at least I'm not over-stepping my own personal limits just to keep up with "the joneses". Anything goes is the attitude lately in a lot of public rooms and I do think that if you aren't a model that has everyday butt fun in public it does affect your score. I'm making the same amount of money that I was when my score was higher and I'm still having as much fun as I've always had, the only two things that matter for me, so I'm trying not to focus on the issue anymore and just let whatever happens, happen!

Yeah, I think members judge girls pretty harshly by camscore. Then again, I get a lot of people asking me what a camscore even is, where to see it, and why I care about it. I guess it comes down to member's browsing style and overall knowledge of how the site works. A lot of people change how the models are sorted or browse by clicking "Next" model. Doing it that way makes the camscore less significant.

I'm at a point of having to choose between tokens and camscore right now. My camscore has been going up pretty fast and I don't want to ruin that by camping out in my camroom for hours and hours this week. On the other hand, I'm trying to save money for a new computer and a kitty :)D) so I'd like to beef up my next check as much as I can. I'd also like more of chance to get to know some of the newer guys frequenting my room. Sometimes during a countdown or a game things are too hectic to really get into a good conversation.

The fact that camscores are effected like this discourages hard work (well, sort of) and conversation. Pretty much sends the message that if tips aren't rolling in like crazy then it's not worth your time. I think that's sad.

I'm making the same amount of money that I was when my score was higher and I'm still having as much fun as I've always had, the only two things that matter for me, so I'm trying not to focus on the issue anymore and just let whatever happens, happen!

I try to remind myself of that as well when I get overly worried about my score. If you're making a living and having fun then does it REALLY matter? *shrug*

LadyBakes said:
I try to remind myself of that as well when I get overly worried about my score. If you're making a living and having fun then does it REALLY matter? *shrug*

This is it. Whenever I think about my camscore I have to realize a) It's really not that bad, I'm not in any position to complain!!! b) If I am enjoying my time and making money why am I upset about a silly number that changes daily? ESPECIALLYYY when I know I can't get online every day.

These thoughts are grounding. Plus who cares. Not like I can put "Top Camscore EVAR" on a real job application or in my art portfolio LOL.

LacieLaPlante said:
Not like I can put "Top Camscore EVAR" on a real job application or in my art portfolio LOL.

ahaha, very true! Though I wonder what they'd say if you did.

My camscore went down to around 700 because I was trying to stay on for longer hours to make the max amount of tokens. It was a catch 22 - the longer I stayed on without making enough tokens, the more my camscore dropped, and fewer people came in my room...and the ones who did assumed that I wasn't worth their tokens. So I started only getting on for an hour or two, and only when there weren't a lot of other girls online. I finally got my score back up, and as soon as I got it over 1000, the difference was like night and day. People are way more talkative now, and it doesn't take me 3 hours to do a 200 token countdown to naked. I'm still not doing great, but I'm always trying to improve. I'm not looking to be in top 20, but I'd like to make my time on MFC fun and worthwhile. I know I'm not unattractive or terrible at being a MFC model and I want my score to reflect the quality of camwhoring that people can expect in my room. :lol:

I try not to focus too much on the camscore, it's just a number, doesn't determine my worth, etc. But in order to find those who are willing to tip, you gotta be at least somewhat visible. There's definitely some psychology playing into it - a lot of guys do judge a model's worth based on her camscore. It sucks, but you pretty much have to work with the system if you want to be successful, in my opinion.

I've had a camscore ranging from 1,000 to 11,000 in the time I've worked on MFC. Most months my rate of tokens per time has remained the same, except in months like April or August where I was gunning hard for Top 20. For the past two months I've been trying to get my camscore up to 5000. I started at about 4600. I am now at 3900. I am still solidly getting the same tokens per time rate I've always gotten, I've just been working more than I did in say December or January. I don't understand and am very frustrated >_> F.M.L.

I'm trying to get my camscore lower at the moment, coz I think my camscore is too good for me, even though it's only around 700 haha. But I'm like the most boringest person ever, most the time no one talks to me so I sit there watching TV and ignoring the room coz they ignore me. I'd prefer a score under 100, coz that would reflect the crapiness of my room more. :-D At 700 people might actually think they'll see something good or exciting hahaha. At least at under 100 they can go in and be like 'oooh I'm not suprised she's so low, she's crap ahhh got to get out *leaves*'
So basically I'm guessing I'll have to try and be more crap than usual to lower the score, is that even possible? Haha.
(If anyone has trouble sleeping and doesn't mind having nightmares, I recomend coming to my room to help you nod off. :thumbleft:)

Ive seen posts on Twitter today that Violet420 and TJHeart camscores have dropped dramatically. Violets dropped 7k last night, so its not just you Asha.

Sia Green said:
Ive seen posts on Twitter today that Violet420 and TJHeart camscores have dropped dramatically. Violets dropped 7k last night, so its not just you Asha.
Not sure this is true, after reading this I had to go take a look at Violet420 MFC profile and her score is 9200ish. Im pretty sure that is petty close to what it has always been but maybe I am wrong...OR maybe there was a glitch last night after the MFC FAIL-a-thon :dance: No matter what Violets score is I think she is an awesome cute little ball of energy! I love her voice and catch myself listening to her while I go about cleaning my house.

Heres the actual tweet:

MissViolet420 Violet 420
OMFG my cam score went down from 14,000 to 9800 Wtf happened lastnight??

So it was more like 4k points over night I guess.

TJ said hers went down 7k in 2 weeks recently though:

TJHEARTxoxo TJ Heart
@
@MissViolet420 lol mine went down 7000 points in 2 weeks lol the thing is nuts.

Sia Green said:
Heres the actual tweet:

MissViolet420 Violet 420
OMFG my cam score went down from 14,000 to 9800 Wtf happened lastnight??

So it was more like 4k points over night I guess.

I think you will find the drop is due to her big February (#3 Miss MFC) dropping off. Camscores appear to be calculated over a 60 day span.

So I know about the 60 day calculation theory, but how does it work? I started on March 4th and my first scary 40 minutes on cam I made 500 tokens. Does that mean on May 4th my cam score is going to drop because I only made 500 tokens 60 days ago? So effin confusing. Someone please explain this to me in as few words as possible? Its making my brain hurt. Also, wth is my camscore based on now since I wasnt even on MFC 60 days ago? :oops:

Ok, I have to bump this because surely as much as the "60 day average" is thrown around to explain everything away, someone must have an idea on how to answer my question. Right? :?

Sia, only 60 days are taken into consideration when calculating cam scores. This means that if you made a huge amount of tokens/hour 59 days ago, tomorrow that will fall off and your cam score might drop. It also means if you did poorly when you first started, that those poor days will fall off and your cam score will go up. Basically anything older than 60 days is disregarded. And if you haven't worked 60 days yet, then only the days you have worked are taken into consideration.

Oh perfect! That makes much more sense! Thank you Ella :)

Yesterday I got a large offline tip and made pretty good money in the 2 hours I spent on MFC. I thought maybe all that would push my camscore back across the 1000 threshold. Today, I woke up and it is down 100 points! Back under 900. :(. I officially do NOT understand the concept.

Edit: I figured it out. My best day on MFC ever was March 3rd. It just fell off the 60 days. Le sigh. Hehe.

I have my account from one month or so.. in the first week my cam score was almost 1500 , but after that week i couldn`t work almost 10 days, and when i started to go online again, my room was always around 40 people (not more than 60) but at least 15 premium members... i am always dancing, smiling, wearing sexy lingerie... but it doesn`t work anymore for me.. i don`t know what to do.. My cam score now is 841, and if i am going online i will have just a few people in my room,no tippers... :( i don`t know what to do anymore... i am so frustrated... i`ve tried to play games, but nothing works... what can i do? :think: :icon-cry: i am afraid to go online because my camscore will go lower than it is.. :( help me girlsssss... give me an advice...

Maybe because i have small boobies? lol ahahha :) :-D

JickyJuly said:
What happens if a model stays logged out for 60 days? Would your camscore reset at 1000? :think:

Nope :lol:

I doubt it's a hard and fast 60 day thing, maybe it's an average of last 30 sessions, or is 60 days but maintains at least the last 5-10 days? Reason is by example, Arianne. She left in September, but logs in every few months. Her camscore hasn't changed afaik, remaining at ~4600.
When she came back in August she had 15k or so...it dropped to 4.5k over the few sessions she had on during that month.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/arianne

Of course, I have very incomplete info - she may have gotten offline tips even now, or someone may actually know the timeline of the formula and know it's 60 days for sure :D

oh well me as an asian model, i barely make it to get a high camscore.. as they say we started as 1000 and we wont be able to make it on homepage unless we get into 2000 camscore.... now i have 2 camscore asian and at the homepage, my problems is that i get too few people in room havinga camscore of 1035 in homepage and 4800 on asian..

Your camscore will only change if you get offline tips.

Offline tips generally raise your camscore, but will make it go down if the 1st of the 60 days involved was a really good one.

Oh I'm liking the graphs, but don't like how true my score is dropping rapidly grr!! :angry4:
Can someone explain the 60 day rule though? Is it what I made on day 60 I need to do higher tonight? I haven't been trying for top 20 since February so my token intake is just an average right now.
Like I just tweeted, MFC needs to release the cam score code or get rid of it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.