AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CamSense: For Models - Analytics, Financial Health, Mental Health, & Community Awareness

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2018
Hi everyone!
I've recently picked up a project I had started some years ago. The overarching goals here are to offer cam models with an application that provides a set of tools that:
  • improve your financial visibility
  • financial goal tracking: per-time period, per-broadcast
  • illuminate client and site spending patterns over time (day, week, month)
  • manage client information and view spending history
  • view client retention and engagement behavior over time
  • view broadcast trends over time
  • manage your time-in-broadcast better through data analysis
  • help you track your mental health before and after each broadcast
  • offer monthly planning
  • interact with the broadcast - model and clients in realtime (providing new app/bot capabilities with historical client data)
  • offer dynamic cam profiles; no need to keep updating your profile with fan clubs/high tippers. images will be dynamically generated
The best way I can illustrate the above is with a few screenshots of the current prototype.

If you find the screenshots and project intriguing, please read through all the features in this Google spreadsheet before commenting.

With this post, I'm hoping to gauge interest in this application from the ACF community and obtain feedback from models. Particularly:
  1. What features might you find most important to your success?
  2. How do you currently determine whether your broadcast or day was productive and successful?
    1. How do you currently compare various broadcasts?
  3. How do you feel you understand your financial standing in any given month (for full-time models)?
    1. Is it consistent and easy?
    2. Can you plan and save for long-term goals?
  4. What ways can we improve mental health and awareness for this community? I'd love the opportunity to understand how this job affects your well-being and how you currently approach finding stability, happiness, balance, etc.
    1. Is there a way we can track this to identify trends and triggers to improve the sites and conduct of it's users?
  5. Any other thoughts you'd like to share, I'm very eager to listen.
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.47.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.48.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 3.30.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 2.05.33 AM.png

I have already proven the technology to work with Chaturbate, however, this really is platform agnostic and can likely work with building out additional integrations to MFC, CamSoda, StripChat etc.

Eventually, I plan for the application to offer:
  • predictive and prescriptive suggestions based on realtime data
  • provide an evolving site-wide "user reputation" based upon how they conduct themselves in public chat (potential for private chat as well)
    • messages from users will process through a form of semantic analysis that can hopefully categorize traits such as aggressiveness, vulgarity, thoughtfulness, caring, admiration, etc etc
    • how that may be used is TBD

Good afternoon ACF!

I wanted to post a status update with this project and provide more details about CamSense:

Today CS has reached a milestone! The project is now operational - in the sense that it is automatically listening and consuming Chaturbate room data:
  • broadcasts (when it started, finished)
  • client (user) sessions (when they joined, left)
  • tips (tip amount, the date and time, the user who tipped)
  • messages are not currently being recorded
As a model, you don't have to do anything at all. CS will monitor and join your room as a normal Chaturbate user. Since all tips are public (in the chat) it just records this information. Over time, you will have a history of all client activity available to you!

For the time being, CS will only listen to models who meet the criteria:
  • Chaturbate considers you to have an HD camera setup* (Please note - CamSense does not view, record, or have anything to do with your cam.)
  • You are a model registered as female AND
  • Either you are listed as a "new model" OR have at least 13,000 followers
  • You are in a public room (private, password, hidden, group shows are not currently supported)
This criteria is not final and will eventually be open to all models; this is just to start testing, working out bugs, and I can start building the application against real data.

Blocking CamSense
For those not wishing to participate, I promise to provide you a way to opt-out of CS completely, but until I build out a way to do this cleanly, you can simply BAN the Chaturbate user account "CamSense". If you see this user enter your room - you can ban the account and it will disconnect like any normal user. If this is your position, I would love to hear feedback from you. This is designed to be a service for and by the cam community.

What This Means
The great news is now I can focus on building you usable features like:
  • New in-broadcast games! Since CS knows all client history, this opens up a world of possibilities that current Chaturbate app/bots cannot do.
  • Informational metrics like seen in the screenshots in the original post
  • Goals: financial goal-tracking & reporting per-broadcast, per-month etc (the original CamSense bot would just notify you periodically of your hourly earnings) See: ACF Post
I would really LOVE to hear from anyone interested in learning more about this project.

Reactions: Mila_
@yetieater I think it will eventually be opened to males too by the sounds of the above post, but for now, as it starts out it's just doing specific criteria.

This criteria is not final and will eventually be open to all models; this is just to start testing, working out bugs, and I can start building the application against real data.

I am not a model but I am liking the look and sound of it. I hope it gets finished and released.
My only questions are regarding the pricing for the Pro + Rockstar versions? I mean, will you be wanting to target/help any and all models so this means ones who are not earning as much as the top models? I hope you can/will find a good, reasonable balance for the pricing. Also, will the pricing be monthly, quarterly, annually, or all 3 options? How will you accept payment?

I can't edit my above post so I will double post.

How long does it take for the bot to go into a model's room? Someone I follow has been online for 58 minutes so far and no "CamSense" user has crawled the room. She has 1080p (HD) cam with 18,888 followers.
Is it specific age groups it also targets? She is in the 30 - 50 category.

I sincerely appreciate the responses. You can see the prototype at https://camsense.io/ but be aware, it's just using mock data to render the front-end visual of the application. What you see are just possibilities and ideas of what it might or could look like. The majority of actual work that's been completed is behind-the-scenes - to process and store the data in a scalable and cost-effective solution. In fact that's something I want to touch upon as it's relevant to some of your questions @Brett M.

Firstly, just to just clarify @yetieater, the application and I personally have absolutely no bias to gender, identity, or sexual preference - it will be open equally to all people. The constraints I put in place were done in haste - but also just gave me a starting point. Just to paint a picture: within less than 24 hours, I was pulling in over 15 billion bytes of data (15GB) from monitoring 3209 models that fit the criteria. Most of this data was just ignored by the application and tossed away (think of every single message you see in the chat on Chaturbate). I attempted to predict the amount of data I would see and estimate costs to the project ahead of time, but really you just don't know for sure until it starts coming together.

Brett to address your questions:

Q) Will you be wanting to target/help any and all models so this means ones who are not earning as much as the top models?
A) The mission is to help all models. This cannot be emphasized enough. As of now, this is a side passion-project of mine. I've been kicking around this idea for years now and finally deciding to see it though. This is not designed in mind, for any specific socioeconomic quintile. I want it to be beneficial, useful, and to a degree, community-driven - although that will likely take time, trust, influence, and governance that is just not available, nor deserved at the moment. I envision the final product to be mindful of and accommodating to the diversity in disparate backgrounds of people that makeup the cam industry. How that relates to cost is yet to be determined, but I have many thoughts and opinions towards this.

One basic but more progressive idea I've considered is: since the application can have a sense of how much you are pulling from any cam site/account you associate it with (e.g. I associate or "link" my CamSense account with my Chaturbate, StripChat, and ManyVid profile), there's a chance we may be able to implement a dynamic system that provides room for those below an "income threshold" before asking them to consider upgrading to a paid account. In my mind though, there will always be a free version.

Q) I hope you can/will find a good, reasonable balance for the pricing.
A) I strongly believe this to be possible. One of the benefits to the underlying technology I've chosen to work with is that I can fully break down the costs to every single aspect of the application. I can empirically show you, for example: when I run the database queries to:
  • store a client's tip
  • store a new broadcast record
  • calculate my monthly earning's summary
  • view my broadcast statistics
  • etc etc etc
Every single database read and write can be measured in the amount of processing power (or request units) and thus, associated to $USD. This has helped me shape the overall database design to make things as cheap and cost effective I can; reducing redundancy where possible. e.g. instead of storing everything, just store and index what's necessary. To be more succinct and less technical, we can show users of the app, how much it takes to run - broken down by-feature so everything is as transparent as possible. Imagine logging into a cam site and just being able to see or understand the costs involved into hosting & operating an application like that and how it affects the commissions per-token.

Q) Will the pricing be monthly, quarterly, annually, or all 3 options? How will you accept payment?
A) TBD. It will likely be free for a considerable amount of time before any Pro or "Rockstar" option is offered. Primarily because I believe that some of the real opportunities here would only come after months of data gathering for each model.

Q) How long does it take for the bot to go into a model's room? Someone I follow has been online for 58 minutes so far and no "CamSense" user has crawled the room....
A) This question is so loaded given the events of this week ... I will ramble on in detail below. The "cam-account status monitor" is probably the most consistently changing aspect to the backend that I've been working on as of recent.

To be brief, you've not seen the CamSense user enter your friend's room in the last two days, most likely, because Chaturbate has banned that user account completely.

Yes, I woke up one morning to find this out. As this project is still in its infancy, I've known this was a possibility that might and would likely occur. I've worked to design the monitoring system to be as respectful as possible to their servers - meaning don't keep checking every second to see if a model is online. And it certainly didn't start out as a mature "respectful" system, but it's been a gradual learning process of understanding how their servers react to CS' queries. For instance, in a given span of time - say 1 minute, how many requests to see if a model is online can I send before they start limiting me?

I'm well aware reps from CB are on these forums and may even be aware of this thread. There are other applications which monitor Chaturbate. e.g. cbhours, chaturbate100, Siren. Most of these applications get around CB through use of proxy servers to mask their behavior. In my initial attempts to build CS, I've attempted to build this openly - at least in the sense that I've listed the CamSense CB user account name here to make models aware of the account so they can choose to ban it if they so desire.

As far as I know, since no one from CB has reached out to me, their devops team more likely just saw that the CamSense user was listening to hundreds of rooms concurrently and just decided, "nope". Again this was somewhat expected, although emotionally draining and disappointing this week. I don't like the idea of hiding the app through proxies and fake accounts.

Instead, I would love to see a strategic partnership grow out of this, by inviting the industry into the problem-space and working with them to develop solutions with their consent and/or support - whilst being mindful that the data they sit on is in-part critical to their intellectual property, but also may be very useful to models and is currently not being offered to them in any manner. However, it's just far too early to even think about that given I don't have a working prototype to show for.

All that being said, this is continuing on as a work in progress and I remain uncertain how best to handle the current issue at hand. Until then, you likely won't see a "CamSense" user any longer.

Firstly, just to just clarify @yetieater, the application and I personally have absolutely no bias to gender, identity, or sexual preference - it will be open equally to all people.
Good :angelic:
The constraints I put in place were done in haste - but also just gave me a starting point. Just to paint a picture: within less than 24 hours, I was pulling in over 15 billion bytes of data (15GB) from monitoring 3209 models that fit the criteria. Most of this data was just ignored by the application and tossed away (think of every single message you see in the chat on Chaturbate). I attempted to predict the amount of data I would see and estimate costs to the project ahead of time, but really you just don't know for sure until it starts coming together.
I read you - while I personally haven't launched any web-scale projects, I appreciate the work that goes into them, and have some understanding of the costs of doing business in the space. 15GB within 24 hours from 3209 models = 0.0001947647242 GB / model hour ~= 0.195 MB / model hour. Assuming a model broadcasts 160 hours in a month, you're looking at 0.03116235587 GB / model month, which strikes me as fairly reasonable.

One basic but more progressive idea I've considered is: since the application can have a sense of how much you are pulling from any cam site/account you associate it with (e.g. I associate or "link" my CamSense account with my Chaturbate, StripChat, and ManyVid profile), there's a chance we may be able to implement a dynamic system that provides room for those below an "income threshold" before asking them to consider upgrading to a paid account. In my mind though, there will always be a free version.
This sounds equitable. You could go further by indexing against a measure like the poverty line for a particular model's country of residence (it's something I think about often...)

To be more succinct and less technical, we can show users of the app, how much it takes to run - broken down by-feature so everything is as transparent as possible. Imagine logging into a cam site and just being able to see or understand the costs involved into hosting & operating an application like that and how it affects the commissions per-token.
👏

For instance, in a given span of time - say 1 minute, how many requests to see if a model is online can I send before they start limiting me?
I take this to mean API documentation is sparse!

... the data they sit on is in-part critical to their intellectual property, but also may be very useful to models and is currently not being offered to them in any manner
Of the platforms I've broadcasted to, the only real data that's passed back to models is tipping history, and it's sometimes difficult to retrieve. CB has done well to implement a data export feature, something @cbhours turned me on to recently after I was encountering some difficulty using their Best Tippers script against my copypasta'd tipping history.

@camsense, I'm excited you've been building this... I've long envisioned building out a suite of tools to help glean more insights from the constant deluge of data that comes at every broadcaster who's experiencing some modicum of what we might call success, but resisted the idea of investing more time into further developing my programming chops until establishing at least a subsistence level of income.

You've picked out a good niche, and, done right, anyone who's been paying attention to the writing on the wall would kick the tires on your project if given the opportunity. As you look to recruit your first 100 users, please consider including me within that group.

Reactions: camsense
@camsense I think one useful thing for the daily broadcast section is to be able to add tags for that day like for example lets say you want to compare how well you do wearing your favorite blue dress vs t-shirt&jeans then you can do like a comparison search between the 2 tags to get an idea of how they compare over time.

Absolutely fantastic responses thank you.
I am not someone who knows anything about all this so my initial thought was - regarding the bot being banned - can't you let CB know about the account, your "project" and what it's for, and they can hopefully add it to a whitelist and allow it? But then I thought, if you're eventually making money from it, CB - and other sites who allow you to do this with their permission - may want a cut.

Maybe we could ask @punker barbie to see if it can be done and allowed without taking anything from you/models.

Reactions: camsense
This sounds equitable. You could go further by indexing against a measure like the poverty line for a particular model's country of residence (it's something I think about often...)

@camsense, I'm excited you've been building this... I've long envisioned building out a suite of tools to help glean more insights from the constant deluge of data that comes at every broadcaster who's experiencing some modicum of what we might call success, but resisted the idea of investing more time into further developing my programming chops until establishing at least a subsistence level of income.

You've picked out a good niche, and, done right, anyone who's been paying attention to the writing on the wall would kick the tires on your project if given the opportunity. As you look to recruit your first 100 users, please consider including me within that group.
Your response means a lot to me, so thank you for taking the time to write. In the past four years, I've personally noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of cam models coming from regions of the world widely categorized by the international community as developing economies. I don't have any data to back this up; just my own observations - and most likely this has been going on far longer than four years in certain geographic regions.

I truly appreciate and respect the opportunities that this industry has the potential to provide for; a source of income pegged to the USD can change lives for some. However, in my opinion, there exists a remarkable amount of unknown affects that are not at the industry forefront. The profession is very unique in that it demands the most vulnerability from women and men to perform their job, while the consumer maintains a near-absolute amount of privacy. This dichotomy is one of the driving catalysts for me to understand the data and provide solutions to help the industry maintain a healthy, safe, and positive experience for all those involved - but more specifically the models.

To me personally, this means:
  1. Provide macro and micro financial tools to help models understand their productivity, monthly outlook, improve efficiency and planning. I imagine it's incredibly difficult for models who rely on this full-time to accurately budget their expenses. There obviously is a percentage of successful models that may only just benefit from CamSense from an organizational sense - rather than improving their financial targets. The job offers no baseline salary, workers comp, disability, 401k or pension; no union (not that I'm proposing such things). Let me be clear that I'm not advocating for any of these things (I haven't given any much thought truthfully).
    CamSense is not about providing these institutional services, but at minimum, I believe we can help models educate themselves: even as simple as offering a clear lens as to where they stand financially at any given moment. And perhaps with some humility, maybe we can help them improve their situation even further to achieve personal short-term / long-term goals.
  2. The societal effects of camming for hours and days on-end are largely un-explored. Mental health, personal privacy and security, cyberbullying or stalking ... sit down with educators and social workers to discuss these subjects and they will unload an overwhelming amount of professional exhaustion in dealing with situations stemming from Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram etc. Now we're adding sexuality into this environment. I've known cam models to dedicate an incredible amount of time off-cam to continued interaction with their clients. There are costs to this that are not visible in a cam site. Not being a public health professional, I'm limited in my understanding how to approach this subject, but I believe we can collectively ask the right questions, and if there's any way technology can assist in providing expanded services to better understand and help models cope with these issues, I am 100% enthusiastically wanting to help.

I take this to mean API documentation is sparse!
Yep ... the only documentation CB provides is for writing bots/apps. However, those are extremely limited and transient in nature. Bots/apps cannot interface with any kind of I/O ... so:
  1. no sending out http requests to other websites from within a bot or app
  2. no reading/writing or storing to a database
Thus, to create CamSense, it's been a good amount of work in reverse engineering the CB client javascript so CS can act as a normal user in the chat. This provides far more powerful features than what their apps/bots are capable of.

@camsense I think one useful thing for the daily broadcast section is to be able to add tags for that day like for example lets say you want to compare how well you do wearing your favorite blue dress vs t-shirt&jeans then you can do like a comparison search between the 2 tags to get an idea of how they compare over time.

Totally with you on this and want to provide such a feature. It would be interesting to find correlations in outfits and other metadata that models could use to describe each broadcast with. 🔥
With Chaturbate specifically, it will auto-populate tags for things like what bots you're running.

Absolutely fantastic responses thank you.
I am not someone who knows anything about all this so my initial thought was - regarding the bot being banned - can't you let CB know about the account, your "project" and what it's for, and they can hopefully add it to a whitelist and allow it? But then I thought, if you're eventually making money from it, CB - and other sites who allow you to do this with their permission - may want a cut.

Maybe we could ask @punker barbie to see if it can be done and allowed without taking anything from you/models.

I want to tread this area delicately and prudently. CamSense is in this early stage that it's still more of a prototype going through ideation than a marketable product. Quite frankly, I've really only mentioned this project to one model; to listen to their first-hand experience and feedback on these ideas. I've no idea whether any of what's on that spreadsheet above, in this forum post, and in my head is coherent enough to understand well. LOL I've been so focused on enjoying the technical side of things that I haven't spent well enough time learning how to effectively communicate these ideas to the models I wish to serve. I figured that would come in time as I continue to build out a prototype that can offer visuals to better articulate the proposed features.

But to address your point: I would reiterate my message from a previous post in that, the last thing I want to build, is some service that's hiding behind ever-changing ip addresses and proxies and is seen as a threat to cam sites. I want to work with the sites. I want to build this project openly. I have not felt it was the correct time to yet approach sites like Chaturbate until this became more a reality. Starting with actually forming and registering a legal business entity around it.

Monetization of CamSense is hardly at the forefront of my thinking at this time, but was obviously seen as a necessity at some point down the road to help cover operational costs. Cam sites will likely be protective of their data and want legally defensible usage policies. Strategic partnerships would provide this avenue. I would hardly think the feature-set of CS would be seen as anything competitive to their bottom line, but there may be some features that they would likely want crossed off as no-go areas.

Brett, I've considered reaching out to their exec team to establish a formal relationship and gauge their interest. I'm sure they already deal with an overwhelming amount of automated systems spamming their APIs, recording cam videos, and doing other destructive things. I don't want CS to be seen in this light whatsoever. But this project is hardly off the ground, so reaching out to them seemed too early. Perhaps not.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotYou
Just wondering if this is still something in the works or not? Really hope it is, I still believe it'd be amazing for models.

Just wondering if this is still something in the works or not? Really hope it is, I still believe it'd be amazing for models.

Hey there @Brett M! Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, I've just been preoccupied with some other things this past month and progress has taken a hit. I've considered open sourcing it to the community so other developers can help build it, though I'm sure how much interest there would be in it. I'm flying to Culebra tomorrow and will spend a month there. Such a tiny island with businesses still closed, so that should give me plenty of time to kick back and enjoy working on this again.

Reactions: NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.