AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camversity

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goneDude1

Deactivated Account
Sep 10, 2011
Been watching this on twitter etc etc for a while now and as it's due to launch this month I wonder if someone connected to the site could explain something to me.

https://camversity.zendesk.com/hc/e...-Camversity-Materia-Entertainment-legitimate-

Why is the owner of Materia Entertainment LLC using a UK based company to register a U.S. trademark application for Camversity ?

The owner of Materia Entertainment LLC is also a director of this UK company which currently has accumulated £375 / $475 in fines for non compliance with annual tax returns.

The UK company is probably a partner. One of the listed officers has a Romanian name, could be a model. The address probably belongs to a holding company or something. I wouldn't read anything into that. Lots of adult companies have overseas registrations. Besides, on the internet, you never know where anyone is based.

As for the fine: that's peanuts. They probably filed a little late or something.

They seem to be pulling in a few popular models. Might be worth checking out, for however long the site is around.

The UK company is probably a partner. One of the listed officers has a Romanian name, could be a model. The address probably belongs to a holding company or something. I wouldn't read anything into that. Lots of adult companies have overseas registrations. Besides, on the internet, you never know where anyone is based.

100% incorrect, the UK company is basically just a name and is not trading anywhere on the globe and is certainly not legally partnered to Materia Entertainment LLC. Yes the CEO since Dec 2015 of Materia is a director of the UK company, also the former CEO of Materia is a director of the UK company.

As for the fine: that's peanuts. They probably filed a little late or something.

The fine may be peanuts but the point is as a company Non compliance is a serious criminal matter.

They seem to be pulling in a few popular models. Might be worth checking out, for however long the site is around.

It was due to go live this week but now appears they will only start beta testing in the new year.

My point you seem to have missed is, if you Materia Entertainment LLC are the owner of the Camversity brand
( As Camversity has no filling records anywhere you have to assume so )
why would you not put your U.S. trademark application through your company in the US. Why use a non trading UK company ?

What is cammiversity exactly? I've seen models tweeting about it, but a google search pulled up nothing informative for me, the site I found is very vague in the actual description.

Camversity is being promoted all the over place by "Top" models from myfreecams as a site by models for models.

Agreed, if you try to find anything more concrete than selfies of models wearing camversity merchandise you are out of luck

• Funny!
Reactions: MojitosJourney
Status
Not open for further replies.