AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can a vampire still be a vegetarian?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2016
I'm amazed my crew discussed this question for an hour tonight. Since the vampire is only drinking the blood and not actually eating and assuming the vampire isn't killing the victim wouldn't it be the same as drink milk? or is biting still count as eating meat?

I can't be the only old fucker around here that remembers Bunnnicula... I read most of the stories when I was in grade school in the early '80s

My mom was pretty controlling of what we got to watch as kids. Anything even remotely horror-related was not going to pass. Bunnicula would never have been allowed. I do remember Count Duckula from a few years later. He always craved ketchup, which makes him a vegetarian.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Reactions: Shutterbuck
Okay, I will take a shot at this question. Frankly, there are two different theories on how vampires can be vegetarians but their sources come from radically different trains of thought.First theory comes from Munich Manual of Demonic magic and the Red Dragon grimoires; which states that man can drain animal and plant of spiritual energy. However, the Heptameron talks about sucking the life out vegetables and plants such as roses for nourishment. So, you can literally drain plants and vegetables. Second theory comes from author Stephanie Meyer and her lack of knowledge of vampirism. She developed her literary vampire characters to survive on animal blood because they did not want to kill humans. So, they survived on animal blood to control their hunger. Thus, making vampires look less monstrous and more humane. Two different theories from radical different places. I hope this helps:cat:

I'm amazed my crew discussed this question for an hour tonight. Since the vampire is only drinking the blood and not actually eating and assuming the vampire isn't killing the victim wouldn't it be the same as drink milk? or is biting still count as eating meat?

My mom was pretty controlling of what we got to watch as kids. Anything even remotely horror-related was not going to pass. Bunnicula would never have been allowed. I do remember Count Duckula from a few years later. He always craved ketchup, which makes him a vegetarian.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Then was Duckula truly a vampire? Can a vampire be a vampire without feasting on it's victim's blood? To vampire or not to vampire, that is the question. Seems to me Duckula is actually a fowl with mental health issues (in this case, bi-polar) and Count Duckula is one of the multiple personalities that poor duck suffers from. He's a bi-polar vegetarian with a ketchup complex...I'm sure Freud would also diagnose him with an Oedipus Complex as well.

My best friend is a vegetarian and she claims eating humans would be ok as a vegetarian, as no poor animals are killed for it and there are too many humans anyway, so drinking human blood would be ok too.
:angelic:

• Wat?!
Reactions: Sevrin
And then there's Marceline, the Vampire Queen. She feeds on the color red.

I think the whole thing is avoiding the causing of suffering through our diets.

I would say vampires biting unwilling victims would cause suffering, so my vote is no its not okay

Some vegetarians will eat dairy products because the animals aren't killed for their milk.

In any movie or comic I've ever seen when a vampire bites a person it doesn't die but it is turned into a vampire as well which is undead but also not as alive as it once was. So on that little theory I would say yes technically it could be a vegetarian as the human it bites doesn't fully die but it's also not properly a vegetarian as the human is a little bit dead.

Best option for the vegetarian vampire: Umbilical blood (specifically from their own birth before becoming a vampire) could be grown from the stem cells. It is an animal product where no animal is harmed. The OP was correct, even regular vampires are far more vegetarian than say a dairy consumer (young bulls are killed to produce milk).

I remember going out once with some guys who were friends of friends but I barely knew

We sat down with our drinks at the pub then one of them goes "who would win in a fight, a ninja or a pirate?" which they then discussed in depth for a good 30 minutes

I knew straight away when the question was asked these were not my people and I made a mistake coming for a drink with them...

This thread reminds me of that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.