AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can i mute my microphone on Stripchat?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2021
Wanted to know if there's a way to mute my microphone so that viewers cannot eavesdrop on my chitchat every once in a while

Hi. It doesn't necessarily say that it's against the rules, but it says "When online, it's highly advisable that the model has the microphone turned on and communicates with their visitors. It’s important to make sure that the microphone is enabled and unmuted in order to keep a good StripScore."

Are you talking about talking on the phone? If you don't mind me making the suggestion...if you have to talk on the phone, I'd recommend saying "I'll be right back, you guys!" and ending the stream before accepting (or making) the phone call. And then when your conversation has ended, restart your stream. With maybe the exception of voyeur cam streams (Where the model isn't interacting at all with guys in the room), members usually consider it a turn-off to see cam models on their phone while live. It's been discussed on this forum, and it's something that both members and models agree that we just shouldn't do while live.

Not to mention...even with muting the mic, I don't think I could ever be comfortable with being on the phone while live on cam because of the possibility of saying something personal that members shouldn't hear. You could slip up and accidentally blurt out your real name, number, or address or something.

Stripchat says that if you're away from your cam for longer than 2 minutes, they want you to end the stream. So if you go the "Walk away from the cam to answer/make a quick phone call" route, I think you should say (and type into the chat) "BRB, guys!" and make it back in under 2 minutes. If the call was from, say, my grandmom (who has a tendency to keep me on the phone for like 30 minutes...), I absolutely wouldn't be able to walk out of the room briefly...I'd have to end the stream and come back later. 😂

Reactions: JessicaXOXOXO
Upvote 0
Thanks alot @yummybrownfox ... i was just curious if stripchat as a platform has a way to mute your mic whenever you want. I am aware that CB has that but I have struggled to find that on SC

I haven't used Stripchat's regular web broadcaster in a long time, so I don't know. The last time I cammed on that site I was using OBS, and I know that with OBS there's an option to mute your mic.

Upvote 0
Wanted to know if there's a way to mute my microphone

That's correct; Stripchat does not provide an option to block the microphone during broadcasts (moreover, a disabled microphone can negatively affect your StripScore).

However, if you need to mute the mic during the webrtc broadcast, then you can do this:
1. install some kind of additional splitter;
2. select this splitter as the sound source instead of your working microphone;
3. go online :)

Upvote 0
Just a user here, so I do not know the actual mechanics of it, but I have seen many models mute their audio on occasion if they need to. (As @yummybrownfox siad, usually when needing to take a phone call or as I alluded to in another very different thread, when talking -- briefly -- to fellow models in a studio who needed something)

So it is definitely possible, I just cannot tell you how, sorry. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
If a model broadcasts using OBS, it's possible to mute mic it in a few clicks (for example, using Hotkeys).

My advice above is only for those who go online through a browser (WebRTC)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Just a user here, so I do not know the actual mechanics of it, but I have seen many models mute their audio on occasion if they need to. (As @yummybrownfox siad, usually when needing to take a phone call or as I alluded to in another very different thread, when talking -- briefly -- to fellow models in a studio who needed something)

So it is definitely possible, I just cannot tell you how, sorry. 🤷‍♂️

They were probably using the OBS software, and that's how they were able to.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Yes that is exactly right @yummybrownfox. It was in their TOS for models to always have audio on but they modified the model TOS/guidelines to being highly suggested to have your audio on. I purposefully use a separate microphone that has a visible mute button for this purpose (Logitech BCC cam.)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.