AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can Models See Where Members Are?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Is there some feature on CB that lets a model there see what room you are in? One of the reasons I now stay away from MFC as a regular is because every time I go on the site I start to get PMs from people who want my money. It creates really uncomfortable situations. Twice now I have had models on CB figure out what room I am in and then send me nasty e-mails asking why I am not with them, usually while I am still in the other room. I found that really unusual that anyone on CB would know what random room I am visiting. Is there some feature that supports a model finding me in real-time?

• Wat?!
Reactions: rstanton
One of the reasons I now stay away from MFC as a regular is because every time I go on the site I start to get PMs from people who want my money.

Set PM's to friends-only, yo.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Useful-Title
Upvote 0
Set PM's to friends-only, yo.

The models who do this with me friended me (and vice versa) but I should probably do this anyway because there will be cases where it helps.

If I set PMs to friends only, and I initiate a PM to someone who is not my friend, can she respond back? But models that I visit will not be able to PM me until I initiate to them?

Upvote 0
If I set PMs to friends only, and I initiate a PM to someone who is not my friend, can she respond back?

No clue. I don't really interact with people not on my friendslist.

The models who do this with me friended me (and vice versa)

I'd un-friend them, but that's me.

Reactions: JoleneBrody and Gen
Upvote 0
Is there some feature on CB that lets a model there see what room you are in? One of the reasons I now stay away from MFC as a regular is because every time I go on the site I start to get PMs from people who want my money. It creates really uncomfortable situations. Twice now I have had models on CB figure out what room I am in and then send me nasty e-mails asking why I am not with them, usually while I am still in the other room. I found that really unusual that anyone on CB would know what random room I am visiting. Is there some feature that supports a model finding me in real-time?

They're probable ghosting other room with an alt.
Just tell them what they're doing is not appropriate.

Upvote 0
They're probable ghosting other room with an alt.
Just tell them what they're doing is not appropriate.

Well for purposes of the main question, I wanted to know how she knew where to find me on CB. I don't believe she entered a random model's room and found me there.

Upvote 0
Well for purposes of the main question, I wanted to know how she knew where to find me on CB. I don't believe she entered a random model's room and found me there.
Did she say what room you were in, or only that she knew you were online and NOT in her room? It sounds like she made an assumption.

Upvote 0
The models who do this with me friended me (and vice versa) but I should probably do this anyway because there will be cases where it helps.

If I set PMs to friends only, and I initiate a PM to someone who is not my friend, can she respond back? But models that I visit will not be able to PM me until I initiate to them?
On MFC if you have it set to friends only, even if you initiate the PM, they can not respond unless they are on your friends list.

Upvote 0
To confirm chaturbate has no such feature.
You're not the only tipper, one shouldn't assume their the only model a member watches. Plus being cyber stalked is never a fun feeling.

Upvote 0
Agreed, I don't know of any feature like that on CB.

But, I've occasionally googled usernames of reaaaally gross people I've banned to see if they're worth reporting to CB (like to see if other models have blacklisted them on Twitter for example, so they're a "repeat offender") and sometimes I've instead seen stuff like "[memberusername] is the HT of the month!" posts on CB profiles and social media.

I've not used it for that purpose, but it's possible she googles your username to see if other models have mentioned you on social media/their profiles?
Would be super creepy (and pretty unlikely) but possible. That's the only thing I can think of 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0
Did she say what room you were in, or only that she knew you were online and NOT in her room? It sounds like she made an assumption.

No no, she was describing back to me exactly what I said and her interpretation of what that meant. She was quite upset. It was a serious dose of drama.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
On MFC if you have it set to friends only, even if you initiate the PM, they can not respond unless they are on your friends list.

So that would spoil the feature for me. I want to meet new models and interact with them without having to friend them. For me the conversation is the most important part of the activity.

Upvote 0
To confirm chaturbate has no such feature.
You're not the only tipper, one shouldn't assume their the only model a member watches.

Right, but she was a friend, and my logical brain wants to make sense of everything. She actually blocked me over it, even though we had no relationship, no promises, nothing really except e-mail exchanges. I hate being locked out from someone when the whole interaction makes no sense.

Upvote 0
So that would spoil the feature for me. I want to meet new models and interact with them without having to friend them. For me the conversation is the most important part of the activity.

You can still do it. Set it so that only friends and bookmarked models can PM you. Then, when you find a room you want to visit, bookmark that model and enter the room. This way, if she wants to PM you, she can. If you decide to continue, move her to friends. If not, remove her from bookmarks and you won't have to deal with her anymore.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Fatquack
Upvote 0
Right, but she was a friend, and my logical brain wants to make sense of everything. She actually blocked me over it, even though we had no relationship, no promises, nothing really except e-mail exchanges. I hate being locked out from someone when the whole interaction makes no sense.

Might I suggest:

71fqhyzBU7L.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.