AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can someone out there please explain to me what I am doing wrong?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2015
Twitter Username
@LilyBlueBBW
Streamate Username
LilyBluBBW
Chaturbate Username
bigpussy690
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/425557/BBWchubbyLisbyIsley/
Hi

I hope that everyone on here is having a good morning or a good evening(depending on where you are). I literally need a little bit of advice here.

I literally decided to come back to camming this last month(because my 9 to 5 aspects are bleak AF). I am able to clear around $100 a week on SM but I can't get past $100 a week and I am really struggling.

I honestly don't know what I am doing wrong. I am friendly, warm, and welcoming to everyone who comes in my room. I try to cam at least 2 hours a day. I don't have a dirty workspace at all, in fact my clothes bins are behind my laptop. I entertain all requests as long as they are not stupid and break the site's rules. I am not just one of those camgirls that will put on an alien suit or dress like a geisha girl. I am not going to dance for 4 hours straight unless I am getting paid to do it. I am not going to shoot a whole melon out of my asshole in order to keep someone in my room. Maybe me not doing those things is creating a boring atmosphere, i dunno at this point.

Sometimes I think that being a dark skinned black woman keeps me from making money but then someone comes in and compliments my skin tone or offers to send me money offline.....and then that kills that theory.

Sometimes I think I am not making money because I am fat and then someone comes along and dispels that theory.

I have my prices as high as SM will let me at 4.99 and at 5.99 respectively and I am not sure if that is a problem. I refuse to lower my prices because SM only pays 35 percent and I actually would like to make enough money camming at some point to be able to function properly. My stupid ass cousin(who literally is the poster child for damn fools everywhere) thinks that I should lower my prices, depending on the day.

I honestly have no clue what I am doing wrong. I was on SM for 3 hours tonight and made 8 fucking dollars. Oh and then I had a guy come in and literally ask to see my ass and got mad when I told him that I don't do freebies. I also reported that cheap fuck to SM for basically being a cheap fuck.

I really need to figure out exactly what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. Can someone give me some advice or some pointers? Is there a kind soul out there who can tell me what the fuck I can do to fix this mess? Because I am literally losing my mind!

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. Your prices are fine, your attitude of not doing anything free to try and get them to spend works for a lot of models on SM - I wouldn't bother reporting a guy for asking for a freebie, it's not against the rules to be cheeky, just kick or block and forget about them. The offering you offline money should for sure be reported though.

Streamate for me took a long time to build up and if your computer can handle it I would suggest adding a second or even third site, if nothing else you'll have extra guys coming in and saying hi so the time will pass more quickly. If you can manage more than 2 hours a day give that a go, SM used to favour models working 90+ hours a month and although they don't specifically say it any more it's for sure beneficial to build up your hours. Even if a guy doesn't have a show the first time he logs on and sees you, you've got more chance of being on faves lists if you're logged on.

Good luck, hope the $$ start rolling in for you!

i dont know, shooting melons out of asshole might be a game-changer. i admit in 15+ years i havent seen this yet

there is no doing right or wrong,ugly or fat. different users will have different tastes and needs. if they go to your room they think that you are what they need.
most users dont know what they want to see (70-80%). some big tippers (minimum 1000 EUR worth of tokens/daily/model) go for 1-2-3 hour long privates and dont even need nudity
it is you that must find out what turns them on what they desire and make them pay for more
but on a greater scale is mostly luck. cam sites are designed to maximise their income not yours
is somehow like it is with singers, some singers not necessarily good, get known and get promoted and keep earning more and more money. while others, new singers even if they might be better, perform for tips in the street
presuming you have infinite time you will make a lot of money. whales will find you, your rating will get better and you make even more money
the more you stream the more chances you have

also cam industry is not what it was when it started, its not even what it was before the pandemic, the number of new models grew so much
and now because of the war will grow even more. for models from third world countries (no offence) and from people that live there 100/EUR week is a lot of money.

there are so many models online at any given time. most stream on many platforms at once.
like you can open 1000 tabs of full naked models, and then see which one you like the most
they dont feel the need to tip for something that is already free

assuming 0 luck
the newer you are the harder you must work. you need to get know, aka earn more tokens. you will have to tease more and be more naked
when you are top you can afford to stay dressed and act only on tip menu

if you want to make money you need to invest time and have nerves of steel

i might be wrong but i know i am right

source: i train/trained models for some studios

i am 34 and i help women explore their pleasure limits
Whatever you do, don't believe that this dude knows what he's talking about. He knows as much about camming as he knows about "helping women explore their pleasure limits.
I'm an actual sex worker.

Whatever you do, don't believe that this dude knows what he's talking about. He knows as much about camming as he knows about "helping women explore their pleasure limits.

I'm an actual sex worker.
so what is wrong if i like some BDSM (no funny stuff) off the table is not everyone's piece of bread.
is not even a part job anymore, i do it only by referrals from friends.
if you are doing ok (minimum 2000-3000 EUR/moth/camsite )it doesn't mean new models arent struggling. Many of them dont stand for a month.
It is a pity that a lot get into this because they cant get better jobs or are not told the whole picture.
I don't need anyone's validation or approval. Is how i see things.
I also wrote that i might be wrong, so i guess only time will tell

You aren't doing anything wrong. Sometimes it is just like this, and you have to power through. I went through a stage where I was making nothing, and it really upset me, but I have worked hard on trying to remain positive. it is hard, but you will come out the other end. Promise x

• Hugs
Reactions: LilyBlueBBW
Hi

I hope that everyone on here is having a good morning or a good evening(depending on where you are). I literally need a little bit of advice here.

I literally decided to come back to camming this last month(because my 9 to 5 aspects are bleak AF). I am able to clear around $100 a week on SM but I can't get past $100 a week and I am really struggling.

I honestly don't know what I am doing wrong. I am friendly, warm, and welcoming to everyone who comes in my room. I try to cam at least 2 hours a day. I don't have a dirty workspace at all, in fact my clothes bins are behind my laptop. I entertain all requests as long as they are not stupid and break the site's rules. I am not just one of those camgirls that will put on an alien suit or dress like a geisha girl. I am not going to dance for 4 hours straight unless I am getting paid to do it. I am not going to shoot a whole melon out of my asshole in order to keep someone in my room. Maybe me not doing those things is creating a boring atmosphere, i dunno at this point.

Sometimes I think that being a dark skinned black woman keeps me from making money but then someone comes in and compliments my skin tone or offers to send me money offline.....and then that kills that theory.

Sometimes I think I am not making money because I am fat and then someone comes along and dispels that theory.

I have my prices as high as SM will let me at 4.99 and at 5.99 respectively and I am not sure if that is a problem. I refuse to lower my prices because SM only pays 35 percent and I actually would like to make enough money camming at some point to be able to function properly. My stupid ass cousin(who literally is the poster child for damn fools everywhere) thinks that I should lower my prices, depending on the day.

I honestly have no clue what I am doing wrong. I was on SM for 3 hours tonight and made 8 fucking dollars. Oh and then I had a guy come in and literally ask to see my ass and got mad when I told him that I don't do freebies. I also reported that cheap fuck to SM for basically being a cheap fuck.

I really need to figure out exactly what I am doing wrong and how to fix it. Can someone give me some advice or some pointers? Is there a kind soul out there who can tell me what the fuck I can do to fix this mess? Because I am literally losing my mind!
Hey! Feel free to DM me. :)

• Hugs
Camming is always about inventing new stuff and trying something you typically won't do. I can't say you did something wrong, and you shouldn't think about yourself so as well. As more and more time you will spend live, the more you will start to understand that sometimes the week or day can be lame, and it's not up to you.

It sounds trite but stay confident and positive even when it's hard to do so. It really makes a difference in how customers view you.
What was your experience like when you cammed before?

It sounds trite but stay confident and positive even when it's hard to do so. It really makes a difference in how customers view you.
What was your experience like when you cammed before?
I hate to admit it but I have just never been truly consistent with camming. I will usually cam for about 2 weeks and somebody will either make a racist comment or I will see that I am not making the money that I need and I will just stop doing it. I am kind of one of those people that gets easily discouraged and I am trying to get out of that mindset.

This time around is actually kind of better in a sense. I have had almost no one try to call me the N word, which is really beautiful. I have guys who want to meet me offline, which is NEVER going to happen. I keep having guys get on SM and either complain about my prices or try to pay me to talk with them offline, which also is NEVER going to happen.

I am still friendly and nice like last time. I am still happy to entertain any requests, as long as the customer pays for it and it doesn't break the site's rules. I just refuse to do anything for free and I think that pisses a lot of guys off but at the end of the day, this is a business and its my business. I run my room like a mcdonalds. Just like you can't go to mcdonalds and ask for freebies, you can't do the same thing in my room.

I do have regulars but they only come around every few days. I am not trying to be the most successful black camgirl in human history, although that would be nice. I just want to pay my bills and be able to function properly.

My dilemma is very simply....what can I do or change about myself or my environment that at least makes most of the people who come in my room possibly want to spend money on me? Because I ain't bleaching my skin and I am not dressing up like a geisha girl or an alien. Oh and once again, I am NOT shooting a melon out of my ass.

I will take any advice or tips from you beautiful ladies at this point because I am desperate to fix my room.

Have you tried making content to put up for sale on your camsite? I’m not sure how SM is with video sales, but I know on MFC having content is a great way to supplement your streaming income.

It’s also a great way to make passive income if you also upload to clip sites like ManyVids and Clips4Sale.

I see you mentioned not having consistency, and that can definitely put a damper on your ability to build a fanbase. But I understand why the comments you've received would make that really challenging. No one should show up to work daily and have to expect that some asshole is going to come harass them. It's really fucked. Like @Marceline mentioned, content/clip platforms can be a great way to build your earnings and fanbase, and (depending on which you choose) I would think there is less room for random abuse from anonymous users that way. If you are open to PSO/texting, NiteFlirt is great for that as well as selling content! I really love the platform, they have been one of my faves for years at this point. SextPanther is another option, though I have heard of them denying performers who do not have a big existing following, so idk.

As for continuing on SM, I would write to support and ask them to up your rate options. Even as a "new" (no consistent recent streaming) performer, I would say raise those rates!

Edit to add: And regarding what you might be doing wrong, even without seeing you stream, I am certain that you are not doing anything particularly wrong on stream. What you wrote makes it clear that you have a great grasp on the basics. I really hope that expanding to other platforms helps! SM can be really tough at first, and any one platform as your main income makes it that much more stressful.

I think it is harder for some women but with some consistency and more hours; I think you can get your client based built up. Maybe try one other site too. You may make more there; I know I make a lot more on other sites versus the one you are on. I think it is good to put your main focus on one but if it is slow one day; maybe try a new one and utilize the new girl status. Maybe work more hours. I never made much until I started 8 hour shifts then after a few weeks I was able to only have to work 3 hours daily to reach my goals. If I feel like my week was slower; I try spicing it up a bit. Moving my cam into a different area or something to make it look like a new location. Maybe work on investing in better equipment and selling lots of videos at the same time. I hope it helps!

• Hugs
Im having the same issues. Im older and thinking my age is a problem. I think my internet connection is the biggest reason Im struggling. I have men come in and tell me how beautiful I am and say I wish your video quality was better. I run SC, CB, and MFC on a tethered connection. At first I did great on MFC but now I am not.

Status
Not open for further replies.