AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can someone please explain to me why I am not making any money?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2015
Twitter Username
@LilyBlueBBW
Streamate Username
LilyBluBBW
Chaturbate Username
bigpussy690
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/425557/BBWchubbyLisbyIsley/
Hi

I know that this question is probably asked 1,501 times a day on various forums but can some kind soul out there please tell me why am I not making any money?

I was on SM last night and I made maybe $8 dollars in 3 fucking hours. I had tons of people coming into my room. I had at least 3 freeloaders who I threatened to send to the netherworld.

I had a guy who wanted to have a whole conversation about buttsniffing but didn't want to slide them duckets out in the process.

Ladies, what am I doing wrong here?

I am trying not to blame it on race and be one of THOSE people, although I do sometimes really think that I am targeted due to being dark skinned. Its hard to break out of a victim mentality especially during the #BLM era.

It can't be the weight. I am not a skinny minnie but I am also not shamu or a future 600 lb life contestant. I am in the 220's....although it might be 231 lb right now. I am going to have to check the scale later for confirmation.

I am not one of those stereotypical black camgirls that leaves her panties on top of the camera. I will have you know that my panties are in a hamper right behind my laptop. I keep a nice clean camspace.

Granted....my background is a giantic white bare bedroom wall but the camspace is still clean. Okay maybe I don't have the fluffy pillows or a CM/Garcia type tech space going on around me but its a clean camspace.

I am not mean at all. I am really friendly. I am open to most requests. I am only mean to people who come in my room if they act really stupid or arrogant or racist.

I try to fluff up my hair. I put on cheap but really nice lingerie. I do the bare minimum with makeup because well I don't know how to do makeup. You see its best to keep the makeup simple because if I don't, I will end up looking like a damn clown. I take baths before I get on cam cause I don't want to be dirty. I am considering investing in a nice peach body scrub from Bath and Body Works once the mall reopens, not sure if that will make a difference tho.

I am just so fucking frustrated because I do want to cam and I do want to make a business out of this but where is the money at? The last few nights on cam have been terrible.

I have went out and brought lingerie and a selfie stick and stockings and fishnets and baby powder. I almost went yesterday and brought more underwear. OMG I brought a freaking black sherpa blanket and I look like a black chubby bear sleeping on the damn thing. The damn thing is really furry and quite comfy but I digress. If I am putting in the money, why am I not getting a return on my investment?

Is it just a really bad season to cam? Is there actually a market out there for women who look like me? I don't want to fail at this and I want to get it right.

Bless anyone out there who is nice enough to read my rant. I am going to go on cam last on but I just needed to let off some steam. Hell, I am not going to stop camming until I get every cent back that I have put into this. Plus I want another furry blanket.

The fact is no one could really know what you are doing wrong without spending significant time watching you, or you giving us a detailed explanation on how you run your show. I don't think you should focus on how you may be doing something wrong, and more on finding what is the right thing that will attract customers. It might require you to try new things, a new schedule or even new platforms. I know for myself I never made too much money from public tips but at one point I could expect to make a decent amount from pvt shows and video sales while I was online. As there is a lot of variability in camming it might also just require patience and consistency.

I wonder how long, and and what platforms have you been camming for?

I have this a lot - sometimes I sit for a few hours and get just a few dollars, my online time it is often "fishing" - maybe a few hours quiet and then a couple of members make my day.
I have been on this site for a very long time, and I remember the time when I could not stand it, went offline and sobbed because I was ashamed and hurt and I could not understand the reason why I didn’t earn money - I changed the background, clothes, music, I was looking the reason in itself.
Sometimes the work is just amazing - there are many members, many different and interesting private parties, and sometimes I sit and talk to myself, because there is no one with whom. It happens. We need to wait.
Over time, you will have permanent members who will help you financially and mentally. Now I happily go online and I know that they are sitting there and I know that it will be fun.

Be patient, try to create comfort and good mood for yourself - this is important. Anxiety is very noticeable from the outside and does not work as a plus for us. I sincerely wish you good luck and lots and lots of gold!

It's hard to say from just one night. Streamate can be a fickle beast sometimes, as can most sites. Check your stream, or ask someone to check for you while you're live, because viewers often don't tell us if our feed is glitching, they just click on to the next room. Streamate is either smooth sailing or glitch city.

I wasn't a fan of SM personally. I tried other sites and found my fave two are stripchat and MFC. I make the most on those two platforms. Takes a bit to ramp up if you're new because a toooon of new models signed up with the whole covid crap shutting down workplaces. Stripchat used to average 2000 models online at any given time and now it's 4000+. Takes more tokens to hit top spots but that means there's lots of traffic and money to be made. I'd suggest branching out and trying other sites to find one you like best. The new tag you'd get boosts your room a bit too in the beginning.

I recommend making a free video on Streamate. My sales shot up the very day it was posted. It's a 2 minute "teaser" that showed off my angles and body but no nudity. I found out men really like my voice so I did a voiceover on the video. What have people said is your best feature? Do you have videos? Even if they are for sale it can really help your exposure. (posting new videos every day/week will keep bringing people to you!) Encourage everyone who tips or goes private to leave a review/tags/stars for a free video. Send a message every day or week to ALL previous clients. Getting the Lovense Lush increased my sales as well. I also splitcam with Skyprivate and Niteflirt Skype lines and if it is slow on one site, usually I can get some shows on a different site. Going online at the same time everyday is very helpful. Encourage everyone to add you to their favorites. Utilize the pre-written message feature with information about your show. Do you have your profile filled out? I listed EVERY fetish/acronym that I do and it increased people finding me. You may want to switch up your persona and try domination if you are vanilla and vice-versa. Find the top models with your similar attributes and see how they attract people. Are they bouncy and giggle? Dominant? Reserved? Emulate the successful models and you will learn what works and doesn't work for you.

edit to add: I read EVERY possible post on here and other forums about Streamate. I probably spent several days reading all of the posts and learning while I was logged in to SM and it was slow. It will change your business immensely!

From a member's perspective, there's a number of things that gets me into a room. Everything from the picture on the main page, to what I might see in a preview, what's on their profile (yes, I'm on who reads at least a majority of it), as well as personality and how the models acts once I get in there.

You mentioned a clean room. While I do visit a couple of models with bare walls, etc. I actually prefer a well laid out cam room. Not filled with a bunch of stuff like sex toys, etc laying around or how some models have a lot of collectables. Just something nice, clean, comfortable and inviting. If there's something I can relate to, I'll typically ask in a tip note about it or somehow engage with the model.

If you have time, do a search on the forum for what draws members into a room and you'll get a number of responses. There might be something that you hadn't thought of that helps you out.

Some things that keep me into a room:

- Being cheerful, like she's enjoying herself
- Interacting with the members. Replying to messages in public chat.
- Talking in PM is ok, but not as much so she's constantly typing.
- Moving around, dancing, teasing, etc.
- I like it if a model remembers me. What I like, etc.
- A tipmenu (whiteboard/topicmenu,etc). So I don't have to ask all the time how much for this, how much for that.
- The things on the menu that I like and for reasonable prices. If I see a boobflash for 200 tokens, I'm pretty much out of there. Like 'you're out of my league'.
- Taking sufficient time for an action. Like when tipping for a boobflash, she taking her time to show them, coming close to the camera, etc.
- Misc. stuff: Sexy clothes, nice looking room.

I know this will sound bad but this is the cam reality. Not everyone is making money as a cam girl or not everyone is making lots of money guess thats why from 100k models registers on a site only 4000 are still on .. I dont know how is on streamate but on chaturbate first 2. 3,4 pages r making money, then only with luck girls are making some money on the rest of the pages .. Its not just you is like 60% of the models who not making lots of money i think .. Girls who are not making enough on a site use to broadcast o 3. 4 sites same time, 10$ there 15 there and this way end of the day they got something .. Wish u good luck, u need to try every day at least 6 hours same hours always to see if works or not ..and u need to try more sites till u find one that is good for you ..

I know this will sound bad but this is the cam reality. Not everyone is making money as a cam girl or not everyone is making lots of money guess thats why from 100k models registers on a site only 4000 are still on .. I dont know how is on streamate but on chaturbate first 2. 3,4 pages r making money, then only with luck girls are making some money on the rest of the pages .. Its not just you is like 60% of the models who not making lots of money i think .. Girls who are not making enough on a site use to broadcast o 3. 4 sites same time, 10$ there 15 there and this way end of the day they got something .. Wish u good luck, u need to try every day at least 6 hours same hours always to see if works or not ..and u need to try more sites till u find one that is good for you ..

While it is true that not everyone will make it as a cam model, it is not true that you have to be on the first few pages. The difference is that those models will tend to earn more of their money through privates in comparison. The vast majority of viewers don't contribute a significant amount to any models earnings anyways, most of the time it's just a handful of tippers, so it not necessary to have the large audience that those on the first few pages do.

While it is true that not everyone will make it as a cam model, it is not true that you have to be on the first few pages. The difference is that those models will tend to earn more of their money through privates in comparison. The vast majority of viewers don't contribute a significant amount to any models earnings anyways, most of the time it's just a handful of tippers, so it not necessary to have the large audience that those on the first few pages do.
I have 2 best friends that couldnt make it, i tried to help them and not working, they went to 3 studious, tried home and nothing, 2- 10 dolars all night on.. couldnt have traffic in the room and either tippers .. so i think think is hard for lots of models to make a busness from this .. One of them worked in studio 10 h a day for 600$ her part a month ,she just left the studio now after 1 y and looking for a normal job .. i still think and know that for lots models just not working..

Reactions: mike_aussie
I second everyone who’s suggested trying out other platforms and other timings. honestly it can make all the difference!!
Before i was verified on CB, i started on IsMyGirl. nothing. less than nothing during the shows.

Then i began camming on cb and things picked up! I tried playing around with Cam4 but it was awful for me. Just an endless bunch of freeloaders.

so maybe SM isn’t for you? There are so many other platforms that you can test out simultaneously and find what works for you!

————————————-////—————-
you mentioned feeling targeted because of your colour? i just saw a model on the front page, first row of cb. She was blue. Every last inch of her was blue. Colour doesn’t matter except to those of us who think so!

Personally. I’ve grown up in a household where my parents have constantly warned me about how my colour and nationality are a disadvantage etc etc etc and all i can say is that this kind of thinking does only harm and no good

stop identifying with the victim mentality! As “cheesy” as it sounds, there are customers who are looking for exactly what YOU have to offer! so go and find them! maybe theyre waiting for you on mfc or cb or stripchat or camsoda or something else!

I would like to mention that Streamate has a very different hustle than token sites! So some of the advice in this thread (while well-meaning :h:) may not be applicable or effective for you right now.

That being said, I’ve been on Streamate a year and a half now and have had a high ranking for the majority of that time, so I’ve learned a lot about what gets guys on Streamate to spend!

Honestly, they don’t tend to care so much about a decorated background and fancy lingerie. That’s more important on token sites. I cam in casual clothing in front of a blank wall, and it works well for me! Of course, it’s different for everyone so there’s no harm in experimenting with outfits and decor. But I doubt that keeping a simple backdrop is a huge issue.

The main things with Streamate are stream quality and equipment. Of course, not everyone can have an expensive laptop, camera and lighting set up right away. But on Streamate it makes a huge difference, so it’s worth prioritizing if you can! Even if you can’t afford to up your equipment, making sure your lighting and camera settings are optimized can make a world of difference in terms of image quality. There’s some good threads on this forum about lighting. Internet speed is also very important on Streamate, so it’s worth troubleshooting to make sure your connection is good enough to broadcast in HD without lag.

Attitude is also huge on Streamate. I’ve noticed that clients are very quick to flee if they sense that you’re stressed or disinterested. For me, I find that my income drops off when my mood does, and doing things like taking quick breaks to center myself/get caffeinated/dance around can do a lot to get me hyped back up and earning again. Paying 100% of my attention to the room is crucial for me.

All that being said, Streamate is slow right now. I’m typically in row 1 or 2, and my paid percentage and earnings are down 15-20% rec. There are times when traffic is so low that my room is empty. And slow times affect newer models and models with lower ranking the hardest, so it’s definitely a hard time to try and build up on Streamate right now. Which is not to say you shouldn’t try! But I wouldn’t take it too personally :h: It’s worth switching up your hustle and seeing what works for you, but some of the slowness may just be inevitable right now. I suspect things will start to pick up more as things get colder and people are cooped up at home more and seeking company!

Anyway, I hope none of this came off as too over-explainy! I haven’t seen your room so I don’t know what your hustle is like. These are just some of my very general ideas that would apply to anyone on Streamate ☺️

I'm only making a small amount on CB each month (almost 4 months in) but I'm making a tiny bit more each month. I can only do it part-time because of my offline work and only being able to cam late night/early morning, so it is an uphill battle to get noticed.

My biggest advice would be to keep tweaking things like your outfits, lighting, backdrop, bio, bots/apps/tip menu pricing (not sure if other sites than CB have them) and see what users respond to.

Also make sure you are in a good headspace before you start camming each time. If you aren't feeling it many users in your room will pick up on it.

Reactions: NotYou
I'm only making a small amount on CB each month (almost 4 months in) but I'm making a tiny bit more each month. I can only do it part-time because of my offline work and only being able to cam late night/early morning, so it is an uphill battle to get noticed.

My biggest advice would be to keep tweaking things like your outfits, lighting, backdrop, bio, bots/apps/tip menu pricing (not sure if other sites than CB have them) and see what users respond to.

Also make sure you are in a good headspace before you start camming each time. If you aren't feeling it many users in your room will pick up on it.

Definitely do this. Bots can be very useful and fun and handy.
I see lots of models who have been camming for years, still using the exact same bots. Either because they like them or because they are too worried/nervous/scared about trying others - what there is available, if it has much editing (lack of English or "time" to edit). Different models have different outcomes and popularity with different bots, so try to experiment with them rather than doing what so many do and shrugging them off.

Reactions: mike_aussie

I would like to mention that Streamate has a very different hustle than token sites! So some of the advice in this thread (while well-meaning :h:) may not be applicable or effective for you right now.

That being said, I’ve been on Streamate a year and a half now and have had a high ranking for the majority of that time, so I’ve learned a lot about what gets guys on Streamate to spend!

Honestly, they don’t tend to care so much about a decorated background and fancy lingerie. That’s more important on token sites. I cam in casual clothing in front of a blank wall, and it works well for me! Of course, it’s different for everyone so there’s no harm in experimenting with outfits and decor. But I doubt that keeping a simple backdrop is a huge issue.

The main things with Streamate are stream quality and equipment. Of course, not everyone can have an expensive laptop, camera and lighting set up right away. But on Streamate it makes a huge difference, so it’s worth prioritizing if you can! Even if you can’t afford to up your equipment, making sure your lighting and camera settings are optimized can make a world of difference in terms of image quality. There’s some good threads on this forum about lighting. Internet speed is also very important on Streamate, so it’s worth troubleshooting to make sure your connection is good enough to broadcast in HD without lag.

Attitude is also huge on Streamate. I’ve noticed that clients are very quick to flee if they sense that you’re stressed or disinterested. For me, I find that my income drops off when my mood does, and doing things like taking quick breaks to center myself/get caffeinated/dance around can do a lot to get me hyped back up and earning again. Paying 100% of my attention to the room is crucial for me.

All that being said, Streamate is slow right now. I’m typically in row 1 or 2, and my paid percentage and earnings are down 15-20% rec. There are times when traffic is so low that my room is empty. And slow times affect newer models and models with lower ranking the hardest, so it’s definitely a hard time to try and build up on Streamate right now. Which is not to say you shouldn’t try! But I wouldn’t take it too personally :h: It’s worth switching up your hustle and seeing what works for you, but some of the slowness may just be inevitable right now. I suspect things will start to pick up more as things get colder and people are cooped up at home more and seeking company!

Anyway, I hope none of this came off as too over-explainy! I haven’t seen your room so I don’t know what your hustle is like. These are just some of my very general ideas that would apply to anyone on Streamate ☺️
I'm glad someone said this. Streamate is a specific beast and you're getting a lot of advice for token sites that doesn't apply in the slightest to Streamate. Using bots or token goals is irrelevant since none of that is used on SM. Things are slow right now, so don't let it get you down too much. Just do your hours (sticking to a schedule helps a lot on SM) and wait for them to come to you. Keep yourself looking interested (however you may find it easiest) and wait it out. Don't tease/dance for free, don't chat too long for free, don't do SHIT for free. Keep any conversations directed at a paid session or a GOLD tip for whatever you offer. When times get tough and things are slow, I just put in more hours and try to catch more fish. If you're being seen it will only help you in the long run. Guys will add you as a favorite and if they don't spend today, they may spend tomorrow. Keep your head held high and stay confident. You've got this! It only takes a few good spenders a day to reach your goal, so hang in there!

I'm glad someone said this. Streamate is a specific beast and you're getting a lot of advice for token sites that doesn't apply in the slightest to Streamate. Using bots or token goals is irrelevant since none of that is used on SM. Things are slow right now, so don't let it get you down too much. Just do your hours (sticking to a schedule helps a lot on SM) and wait for them to come to you. Keep yourself looking interested (however you may find it easiest) and wait it out. Don't tease/dance for free, don't chat too long for free, don't do SHIT for free. Keep any conversations directed at a paid session or a GOLD tip for whatever you offer. When times get tough and things are slow, I just put in more hours and try to catch more fish. If you're being seen it will only help you in the long run. Guys will add you as a favorite and if they don't spend today, they may spend tomorrow. Keep your head held high and stay confident. You've got this! It only takes a few good spenders a day to reach your goal, so hang in there!

I want to re-iterate the nothing for free point. It helps get the freeloaders to leave rather than continuing to waste your time. A lot of models find that, unlike token site viewers, SM viewers tend to leave if we're having a conversation - they think they'll be interrupting us by taking us private. Because of this, wasting time chatting with a freeloader is not only annoying, it can lose you money. Any freeloader-y questions I get, like what's your favorite position, I respond to with "I'd love to discuss that in private!" I give a lot of yes/no answers, followed up with a "Let's go private so I can give you all the details". Having responses well-planned and somewhat rehearsed in your camming voice (if it's different from your normal voice) helps them roll off the tongue. And don't feel bad about kicking or banning freeloaders if they're persistent - they bring down our mood and our room vibe, which isn't productive.

It's also common to require a tip to do as much as stand up, since we get asked a million times a shift and very few of those people are going to pay. It may sound mean or bitchy, but if we stand up for everyone who asks, we'll be doing it way too much, and won't be able to actually focus on the customers who want to enjoy their time with us. I can't speak for anyone else, but if I want to constantly stand up and sit back down, I'll go to a Catholic mass, at least then I get to look at pretty stained glass while I'm doing calisthenics!

I want to re-iterate the nothing for free point. It helps get the freeloaders to leave rather than continuing to waste your time. A lot of models find that, unlike token site viewers, SM viewers tend to leave if we're having a conversation - they think they'll be interrupting us by taking us private. Because of this, wasting time chatting with a freeloader is not only annoying, it can lose you money. Any freeloader-y questions I get, like what's your favorite position, I respond to with "I'd love to discuss that in private!" I give a lot of yes/no answers, followed up with a "Let's go private so I can give you all the details". Having responses well-planned and somewhat rehearsed in your camming voice (if it's different from your normal voice) helps them roll off the tongue. And don't feel bad about kicking or banning freeloaders if they're persistent - they bring down our mood and our room vibe, which isn't productive.

It's also common to require a tip to do as much as stand up, since we get asked a million times a shift and very few of those people are going to pay. It may sound mean or bitchy, but if we stand up for everyone who asks, we'll be doing it way too much, and won't be able to actually focus on the customers who want to enjoy their time with us. I can't speak for anyone else, but if I want to constantly stand up and sit back down, I'll go to a Catholic mass, at least then I get to look at pretty stained glass while I'm doing calisthenics!

Not everyone on token sites are freeloaders, and will respect the boundaries of models. I have no problems tipping a model during conversations. Even if it's a room topic/conversation, I'll periodically send a tip with a hidden tip note saying something additional or beyond the conversation that only want her to know. Or, doing some dirty talk I'll do it in hidden tip notes. It's more out of respect for her time, or in the case of dirty talk, her skills and playfulness on top of time. I know there's others who do similar. But, it's unfortunate that it's not more common.

Not everyone on token sites are freeloaders, and will respect the boundaries of models. I have no problems tipping a model during conversations. Even if it's a room topic/conversation, I'll periodically send a tip with a hidden tip note saying something additional or beyond the conversation that only want her to know. Or, doing some dirty talk I'll do it in hidden tip notes. It's more out of respect for her time, or in the case of dirty talk, her skills and playfulness on top of time. I know there's others who do similar. But, it's unfortunate that it's not more common.

I personally don't like the term freeloader nor do I use it, but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of viewers on token sites do not tip at all during any given cam session. Yes models know that people tip, but it doesn't change the fact that that term describes the majority (even though the quoted post made no such implication) and doesn't need to be pointed out.

I don’t think Saffron meant that token site members are freeloaders. Rather, that there’s less benefit to carrying on conversations for free on Streamate. On token sites, having conversations with people who don’t pay CAN be beneficial, as it keeps the room lively and active. While on Streamate, having an active chat is not necessarily beneficial, as generally you’re looking to make one on one connections rather than engage the whole room. (With the exception of Gold Shows!) On Streamate I won’t even let someone tip me to have carry a conversation in free chat, as the tips won’t make up for how much I could be making per minute in a show.

I never said that they were. Token site viewers expect to join a conversation and participate in the room, but private site viewers expect to take the models private pretty quickly, and if we're tied up talking to a freeloader, the paying customer just leaves instead of "interrupting".

I never said that they were. Token site viewers expect to join a conversation and participate in the room, but private site viewers expect to take the models private pretty quickly, and if we're tied up talking to a freeloader, the paying customer just leaves instead of "interrupting".

Yep, understood. And I was basing it off your use of "nothing for free", which translated somewhat poorly into "freeloaders". There is definitely a difference between MFC/CB and SM. The few times I was on SM, it had much more of a hustle vibe to it than I'm used to on MFC. My post wasn't so much to contradict yours, as it was to point out to the OP that while there are a number of non-tipping members on token sites, there are those who do tip as well.

Kind of a roundabout way of saying "Don't be afraid to try token sites because of hearing some people saying no one tips" in a poorly worded way.

I'm kinda in the same boat except that I'm on MFC. It's been slow for me lately. That said, every minute you're on is a minute you're exposed and getting yourself out there and I think that helps Future You even if it doesn't help Current You. So don't discount the hours you're putting in. Try to remember that the economy sucks right now for lots of people in order to make it easier to be nicer to freeloaders or those who might be stuck at home quarantined but new to the world of paid sex work rather than their typical free pornhub stuff. Still, maintain boundaries and keep directions to the Netherworld handy if a slight re-education doesn't do the trick. 😂 Last, keep tweaking things and playing around with times, room decor, lighting, etc. For instance, I have a very expensive cam room I've invested in but I ALWAYS make more money in my bathroom because of the natural lighting so i am the queen of shower shows and do them several times a week LOL. Maybe get some fairy lights for your bare wall. Make it a nice hang out.

Reactions: eva6969
Okay,brace yourself, because this is about to be an essay lol… I’m a a Black, dark-skinned BBW camgirl too, so I can COMPLETELY EMPATHIZE with you. Some of what I am about to say is general and some of it is very specific to some of the hurdles I’ve had to overcome as a Black BBW model.

Everything you are thinking that may be a challenge has SOME validity. I have had somewhat of a paradigm shift with my mindset on this and I am making changes accordingly. Learn to see the OPPORTUNITY in every CHALLENGE.

With COVID-19 everyone is having a more difficult time than pre COVID-19… It’s the reality. Like the saying goes, “When the White man catches a cold, we catch pneumonia”. That means we have to go a lot harder.

Be glad that you are already accustomed to working from home and see that as an advantage to girls who are trying this out thinking this will be a quick come-up. We know this ain’t easy money!

This advice is not platform specific, but I do feel that the more platforms you are on the better. If you are a niche model, then I feel that being on more than one platform is a MUST to secure the bag.

I used to do really well on SM, but not this year. I am hoping that will change in a month, because I had returned to camming November of last year and did very well, but again pre-COVID19.

This summer and fall I have done much better on MFC than SM comparatively. Push those Skype shows too on your social media if you use social media to promote yourself. Do not depend on one platform. Really us as Black girls can’t, especially if you are double niched (Black and BBW).

I do not feel that there is as much of an opportunity to build community with the members on SM. I’m not sure if that’s me or something I’m doing wrong or if that’s just the culture of the platform.

Considering this, I would make sure that your visuals are A-1, top notch as much as you can. Watch other girls and see what they are doing right and try to think of how you can apply that to your presentation. Not copy what exactly they are doing, but what about them inspires you.

Be willing to invest in a better aesthetic. You can do this without breaking the bank. Be so good at what you do that they can't overlook you.

I upgraded my background lighting and it really sets the mood to my shows. I already have a professional ring light.

You addressed the racial issue. Yes, that is one of MANY factors due to implicit bias. I’ve never seen the data to confirm this, but I am pretty sure that the MAJORITY of traffic to cam sites are white male. Yes, other races of men visit cam sites, but not like white men do. You have to consider that as you are catering to your audience.

Black men visit cam sites too, but I think it is more trend for Black men to go to actual strip clubs than cam sites. Strip clubs are highly celebrated in Black culture with hip hop and so forth, so take that into consideration.

The majority of my high paying guys that I’ve had in the four years I’ve cammed off and on have been white men. You should consider this and ask yourself if you are catering to that audience to the best of your ability or could you be doing more.

If you are playing music, what type of music are you playing? Would it appeal to a diverse age range? Does your audience listen to your type of music or would they be put off by it? Volume?

I usually have Sade, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, 80’s music playing softly in the background. If I play rap/hip hop it Is usually a slower paced music and at a volume I can bare

Another thing, as a Black cam girl is to make sure you are bubbly and smiling, Practice just smiling. I would also make sure you are smiling/grinning in your profile pics if you are going to show your face. A lot of times we as Black women have a tendency (remember I’m a Black woman) to have resting bitchface. I’m in the process of updating my own pics.

I feel that due to some stereotypes Black women have to appear to be less intimidating and more inviting and accessible. VERY FEMININE… You can still be dominating, but just be mindful of how it reads on the other side of the screen. Again your white male viewers might be put off by it until they actually get to know you.

If guys are looking for dominant types, let them find you. Many viewers already assume that Black women are dominant anyways, so they will find you if that’s what they are looking for. Rarely, do they expect us to be submissive.

If you’re not a bubbly person fake it to a certain a degree or just think about what makes you happy. Find your happy place mentally lol. I’ve done this within the last few weeks and m earnings have improved.

Back to aesthetic, I was once a freelance makeup artist and since I came from that world I thought I could wear every kind of eyeshadow color and hair color like I do IRL. That doesn’t work well on cam for us. Invest in long length wigs that are of good quality. Long hair has always been associated with femininity like it or not, so we have to play the game.

Think “girl next door”, but your version of that. I used to think I had to look like a stripper lol! Be sexy, but make it look effortless.

I would advise wearing makeup if your skintone isn’t smooth, uneven, ungroomed brows, and so forth. Lashes also look great on cam for us—not overly dramatic. Think bedroom eyes.

You know as a Black woman that Beauty Supply Stores are a GODSEND! Most of the stuff I’m talking about you can get there at a very reasonable price.

Some things that other races can get away with makes us appear to be unkempt and unpolished. If makeup is a challenge, then I would watch several natural makeup for women of color tutorial on Youtube until you perfect your technique with a neutral eye and a smokey eye. The no-makeup makeup look is popular.

Don’t worry about the rainbow eyeshadow stuff, because guys don’t like it really unless they are into goth chicks, Suicide Girls, that type of vibe.

Whatever your look is be consistent with it.

One thing that I am getting away from is trying to look like a BBW Victoria Secret model with a bunch of snaps and fasteners. That can be a pain on Streamate, especially when you only have so much time to redress between private shows.

Less is more. Many days I just wear a long sexy, see thru blouse with nothing by panties underneath maybe. Again effortless…

Wear stuff on cam that is easier to get in and out of, but cute, comfy and sexy.
Think sexy loungewear. Fashion Nova has a lot of great stuff like this. I also intent do more clothed teasers with outfits that can easily be unzipped that I can flash my breasts, my ass and so forth.

Most of what I have talked about is aesthetic, because it is one of the variables that you can easily control.

Make sure you are promoting yourself and have some content if that’s your thing. I didn’t create content like that for years, because I don’t want to be easily identified and prefer to keep somewhat of a low profile. Just me, I have my reasons.

However, now no face content or strategically hiding your face is more accepted than what it used to be, so it is a something that I’m definitely looking into.

Having actually studied marketing in school, if you already have social media pages for your work and you have no hesitancy about putting yourself out there PROMOTE YOURSELF! I would be tagging and keywording my shit up lol! Don’t sleep on Reddit and Discord either. I’ve been on them recently and while I haven’t started really promoting there yet I can definitely see great potential for promoting on those platforms.

I’m taking pics and planning on some teaser vids to put out there to generate a lil buzz. It can all be referred back to your SM page, but again don’t depend solely on SM.

Create the mood for success. I start playing my music before my show even starts. As I’m getting ready. Making sure my toys are closeby, charged and ready to go. Baby oil and bottled water.

I hope that’s helpful and gives you some things to think about. As a Black BBW model, I’m not rolling in dough, but I do well for myself as someone that only does this part time. Feel free to hit me up any time!

Again turn your challenges into opportunities and thrive!

Hi

I know that this question is probably asked 1,501 times a day on various forums but can some kind soul out there please tell me why am I not making any money?

I was on SM last night and I made maybe $8 dollars in 3 fucking hours. I had tons of people coming into my room. I had at least 3 freeloaders who I threatened to send to the netherworld.

I had a guy who wanted to have a whole conversation about buttsniffing but didn't want to slide them duckets out in the process.

Ladies, what am I doing wrong here?

I am trying not to blame it on race and be one of THOSE people, although I do sometimes really think that I am targeted due to being dark skinned. Its hard to break out of a victim mentality especially during the #BLM era.

It can't be the weight. I am not a skinny minnie but I am also not shamu or a future 600 lb life contestant. I am in the 220's....although it might be 231 lb right now. I am going to have to check the scale later for confirmation.

I am not one of those stereotypical black camgirls that leaves her panties on top of the camera. I will have you know that my panties are in a hamper right behind my laptop. I keep a nice clean camspace.

Granted....my background is a giantic white bare bedroom wall but the camspace is still clean. Okay maybe I don't have the fluffy pillows or a CM/Garcia type tech space going on around me but its a clean camspace.

I am not mean at all. I am really friendly. I am open to most requests. I am only mean to people who come in my room if they act really stupid or arrogant or racist.

I try to fluff up my hair. I put on cheap but really nice lingerie. I do the bare minimum with makeup because well I don't know how to do makeup. You see its best to keep the makeup simple because if I don't, I will end up looking like a damn clown. I take baths before I get on cam cause I don't want to be dirty. I am considering investing in a nice peach body scrub from Bath and Body Works once the mall reopens, not sure if that will make a difference tho.

I am just so fucking frustrated because I do want to cam and I do want to make a business out of this but where is the money at? The last few nights on cam have been terrible.

I have went out and brought lingerie and a selfie stick and stockings and fishnets and baby powder. I almost went yesterday and brought more underwear. OMG I brought a freaking black sherpa blanket and I look like a black chubby bear sleeping on the damn thing. The damn thing is really furry and quite comfy but I digress. If I am putting in the money, why am I not getting a return on my investment?

Is it just a really bad season to cam? Is there actually a market out there for women who look like me? I don't want to fail at this and I want to get it right.

Bless anyone out there who is nice enough to read my rant. I am going to go on cam last on but I just needed to let off some steam. Hell, I am not going to stop camming until I get every cent back that I have put into this. Plus I want another furry blanket.
I'm glad this forum doesn't attack people for venting. This industry can take a real toll on a cammodel, due to exactly this thing. The best advice I can give you is to keep pushing. My best friend is a BBW on StripChat, and although her room tends to be quite dead, staying persistent is the best thing you can do. The worst thing you can do is give up!

Camming is really tough. For so many women of all races, weight, locations you name it. So just know you really are not alone. We are a big wide ocean of women and it’s becoming more competitive as time goes on.

There are many very successful black women, killing it in the industry. And many bbw women killing it in the industry
Cam site of choice makes a big difference, I’ve had sites that haven’t worked out well for me at all but then switched to other sites and nailed it.

I always encourage models not to restrict themselves to one site or one role in the industry. Explore all the options until you find your success point. That could be camming, clip making, phone sex (Niteflirt), sexting or fan club route. You may be great with girlfriend vibes or Femdom vibes.

I'm glad this forum doesn't attack people for venting. This industry can take a real toll on a cammodel, due to exactly this thing. The best advice I can give you is to keep pushing. My best friend is a BBW on StripChat, and although her room tends to be quite dead, staying persistent is the best thing you can do. The worst thing you can do is give up!
Right. Her concerns are very valid. Oftentimes, some issues like race are danced around or "splained", which is why I felt the need to address it since I feel I'm qualified to speak on it and be very honest. As Black cam girls, we have specific issues that we deal with due to race not just in this space, but offline as well. It is a lot more challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.