AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can we just agree that moderators are terrible?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asked to be a mod a couple of times.
No thanks.
I appreciate the offer, but I’m here for enjoyment, not a job.
If someone is being an asshole in chat, I will speak up.
Others usually follow my lead and the problems extricate themselves. 😉

I had recently been assigned to be moderator for a model who does rather innocent shows and my reaction was "Okay NOW What the F*^*%ck do I do now?"
Did I miss the "moderator intro training class?"

Sure I pay attention and get the idea of what the mod does but to actually have the responsibility placed on my shoulders was a shock.

I was honored to be sure and there was no way I would have turned down her offer, but I was in shock!!
Thank god her room was not deluged with hundreds of viewers and it was a good room to be a neophyte moderator.
But I was so nervous about being "protective" I couldn't enjoy her show anymore, because I was paying attention to being "hall monitor!"

I'd much rather be a generous viewer. I can still be protective; I just don't have the power to silence or block.

Cam sites aren't just all about wanking. There are those of us who enjoy the online socializing as well. That's why I spend longer in the more lively rooms with nice interactive models and mods, or the rooms of less busy models who actually like to make small talk via PM. And yes, I do tip for their time and/or join their fan club.
I agree. I'm a chronic insomniac. I first started going to mfc then to chaturbate more for the socialization. Finding an active room with a social model and a fun group of regular fans will get my tokens every time.

Reactions: InannahQoH
I find nothing more annoying than a member who's been given moderator privileges on Chaturbate. Everything they do is just idiotic. Like when I tip a model and the moderator thanks me, I'm like dude, why are you thanking me? Do you have stock invested in her success? No? Then don't thank me jackass. And even if you do, I'm tipping her not you. So don't thank me. It's very rare to find someone who's actually good at being a moderator. Usually it's just guys who REALLY want to be moderators. Some of them form these groups where they go and try to convince a new model to make one of them a moderator. They'll say yeah, so and so is a really good moderator. You can't go wrong with him. So she makes him a moderator and then over the next week she makes all of his buddies moderators. And before you know it's just a wall of red chat, tip gifs and people answering questions they don't have any business answering. I saw a guy become a moderator on a girl's first day and then start answering questions for her like he's known her longer than 5 seconds. It's just sooo annoying. And then there are the tip gifs... Like that's really effective at inspiring people to tip. I can say with absolute certainty I have never once seen a tip gif and thought to myself, "well, I'm convinced." It's simply another form of public masturbation only less appealing. Why would you ever give someone who craves power, any amount of power whatsoever? Blows my mind. A good moderator should be helpful. The best moderators know when to shut up for a while. But for most of them, that's a completely foreign concept. Ok... rant concluded.
Yes after 4 years I’m never having a mod again. Like as ‘helpful’ as they are they are not thinking about my show like I am.

depends on the situation . i really need mods , i moslty dance far of pc , i cant sit there to kick all day idiots , i need mods to help me, since i got over 1000 users usual. guess in a room with few users u dont need mods . But, i pick mods only after i know them and they know things about me, what i do and don't, what i like or not, so they know how to make the page going .. i got a problem with mods on stripchat, also need there for same reasons mostly to kick you have milk bb idiots and the rude fuckers, but on strip cant find a guy to mod my style, usual i mod and unmod them, couldnt find till now in 6 months a good mod there ,,
WoW, I guess some people abuse their power as Mod's, but the Broadcaster has the ability to get rid of "Dead Weight". I've been a Mod before and and number 1 is what the Broadcaster wants. I make Gif's, not one's already on site. Banners, signs, well anything Broadcaster wants, Camera covers for start of show, Breaktime, and end of show. I am not there to look at model, certainly not to talk sexy to her (She is already busy enough) I just like designing things and making sure no one is being really nasty. Not all are bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: anabeauty37
Hi

I have been a monitor and moderator for a year or more of a model (in addition to being a monitor of other models and an administrative part of several studies) and I understand what the author of the post says, in my opinion I do not thank the users I let them the model does it, few times I have related to the users and only when they have wanted, I never put gifs of that because that only contaminates the chat, yes that silence and I give ban to users who specifically bother the model, I respond many times for her for all the users that must be attended to, but I also make a criticism (and this type of user is normal and I do not accuse anyone here that it is) that by having the color name or giving 5 or 10 tokens they are already created the owners, come asking without having given, that even try to ridicule the models, and I am ZERO TOLERANCE to that type of people, each one what they deserve

Reactions: jekster
I frequent a couple of rooms (European models) where there are a regular rotation of mods (chosen by the model). In both cases they get along well with the model and most of the users. I chat to one of them via PM when he's not too busy and interact with them in the public chat. They help stimulate conversation and do the grunt work so the model can focus on performing and tending to PMs. They add a fun vibe whereas many rooms just feel dead and empty with the model practically begging for people to interact and tip. I enjoy the added social aspect of these rooms.

Same, Except I seem to get drawn to Colombian, or East European room's

Will drag these over from another thread from yesterday, As the anti moderator, and telling models what to do.. is annoying me.

I was in the room of a model I hadn't seen in a while. I knew her from a different account. I tipped about 1,500 tokens, but I noticed there were few other tips. The 4 mods didn't tip at all.

So lots of viewers in the room, not paying, probably hundreds. And you feel the need to complain about the 4 users(or alts) the model decided to make a moderator?
Why? the model can do what she/he wants to do in their room. And if you don't like how a model runs their room, the simple solution is, don't go there.

Not really sure how you think you have the right to complain about what a model does with their room.

The next time I saw her online, I stayed anonymous. She only took in 11 tokens during the whole show.

So you complain about others not paying, and you camped her whole show without paying yourself?

The model has never done anything annoying in her whole life, yet I found myself very annoyed.

Thought the model annoyed you, by appointing 4 moderators..

If Chaturbate required every mod to tip at least 25 tokens per show, deadbeat mods wouldn't be quite so annoying.

You seem to forget the moderators didn't put themselves there..
And if you don't like what the model is doing in their room, the two main options are ...
Put up with it cause its not your business, Or leave and don't goto the room again.

Why would a model need three or four mods?

The model I'm mainly visiting at the moment... Has about 4 mods, Due to.

1. English being their secondary language, So using translators can miss or skew things sometimes.
2. They are on Chaturbate, which can be a bit spammy at times.
3. They are new, Less than 2 weeks, so still settling.
4. Being new, and thus some smaller room sizes (100-200), they don't like switching grey's off,
100% of the spam and mutes ive seen in the past ~2 weeks, have all been grey's.
So switching grey's off will basically eliminate the need for moderators IMO. But she doesn't want to.
5. Being new she's keen to get started. So she's streaming 8 hours a day, most days.
One mod helping cant cover that for her, so sometimes theirs 0-4 online. ETC.
6. She gets spammed with a lot of "Cum see me here .. at .. whatever . com"
That could use getting a "Mute user for 6 hours" clicked on them.

+
A model can easily.
1. Run several computers / laptop's.. And have one or two logged into alt's set to mod.
So they can ban from several computers/laptops etc.
2. Could have a sister/boyfriend/whatever, helping her get started, set to mod, and banning some spam for her.
3. Could have mods from a couple of languages for help, since translators are slow and not always reliable.
4. Could have a mod, that handles a competition/event etc once a week for her. Or etc..

But basically what a model does in their room... is up to them.
If viewers don't like what a model does.. they can click the leave button.

The model I'm mainly visiting at the moment... Has about 4 mods, Due to.

1. English being their secondary language, So using translators can miss or skew things sometimes.
2. They are on Chaturbate, which can be a bit spammy at times.
3. They are new, Less than 2 weeks, so still settling.
4. Being new, and thus some smaller room sizes (100-200), they don't like switching grey's off,
100% of the spam and mutes ive seen in the past ~2 weeks, have all been grey's.
So switching grey's off will basically eliminate the need for moderators IMO. But she doesn't want to.
5. Being new she's keen to get started. So she's streaming 8 hours a day, most days.
One mod helping cant cover that for her, so sometimes theirs 0-4 online. ETC.
6. She gets spammed with a lot of "Cum see me here .. at .. whatever . com"
That could use getting a "Mute user for 6 hours" clicked on them.

+
A model can easily.
1. Run several computers / laptop's.. And have one or two logged into alt's set to mod.
So they can ban from several computers/laptops etc.
2. Could have a sister/boyfriend/whatever, helping her get started, set to mod, and banning some spam for her.
3. Could have mods from a couple of languages for help, since translators are slow and not always reliable.
4. Could have a mod, that handles a competition/event etc once a week for her. Or etc..
You quoted me before this list. Nothing here really justifies a model needing three or four mods, especially at the same time, in a room of less than one hundred.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
>>You quoted me before this list. Nothing here really justifies a model needing three or four mods, especially at the same time, in a room of less than one hundred.

Hello Curious, Yes I was replying to you for that bit.

> In a room of less than one hundred.

I did state 100-200, but for a better example, today the room took an hour from launch to hit ~160+ and peaked at about 220
So for 6/8 hours it was between 160-220 and for 2x 30 min breaks the room dropped to around 80 while she was afk.

But how many is in the room is irrelevant anyway, I think today 3 users in the 8 hours got 6h muted for what they wrote, for being crude grey's.
The other ~250 that were 6h muted, were bots spamming.

> needing three or four mods, especially at the same time

There's no control over when mods are in the room, The model isn't going to kick a mod for entering her room with "Sorry there's already 1 mod in the room you aren't allowed to enter"
And with her streaming 8 hours a day, it takes about 4 mods to cover that sufficiently.

Today for example with the 4 mods it ended up about
1 hour with no mods
5 hours with 1 mod
1 hour with 2 mods
1 hour with 3 mods

I hadn't actually thought about it before, but if someone is appointed as a moderator by a model, does that status stick until the model removes it, even if she doesn't broadcast for a few days, or the moderator doesn't visit for a while?
I don't visit a lot of models with regular moderators and only three spring to mind, one of which has more mods than the other two combined and a fraction of the visitors of either.

I hadn't actually thought about it before, but if someone is appointed as a moderator by a model, does that status stick until the model removes it, even if she doesn't broadcast for a few days, or the moderator doesn't visit for a while?
I don't visit a lot of models with regular moderators and only three spring to mind, one of which has more mods than the other two combined and a fraction of the visitors of either.

On Chaturbate the model sets a time on the mod permissions. A day, 2, 3, a week, ETC When issuing it.
So its kind of up to the model.

PS
If this model set grey's to cant type, she wouldn't really need any mods at all.
Or if she worked on filters for the bot spam, she could probably reduce the 250/8 hours to something manageable as well.

But at the moment, she likes the vibe from having the grey's (most of the time)
It helps prevent the channel being too quiet for a new model.
But, it opens it to bot spam which needs mod's to hit often.

Maybe some models can handle the bot's themselves, but this model barely uses the keyboard.
People type to her, she voices back. And she's often dancing around or having her hands full.
Or oil/cream everywhere, or is busy cumming, or ETC

+ after 10 days of streaming shes on 7500 followers with ~160-200 in the room most times.
And is getting a recent tip-rate and purples in her room.
So, it seems to be working ok for her.

Also, I've only just noticed that the dude who started the thread appeared to have a gripe with a particular mod and was eventually banned from the forum.
At the end of the day, there are some worthy mods and the OP was just an over reaction, perhaps.

Also, I've only just noticed that the dude who started the thread appeared to have a gripe with a particular mod and was eventually banned from the forum.
At the end of the day, there are some worthy mods and the OP was just an over reaction, perhaps.

OP yeah probably, But I was catching up on learning and reading this forums a lot over this weekend.
And there was a lot of anti mod posts from a lot of people.
But most were from Nov 2020 so I didn't bother replying to them, and just replied to the Yesterday one's.

Even if someone did have a gripe with a particular moderator.. there is a Quit Room button for that.
The moderator might be the model's sister or R/L friend, or the model''s alt account, or Etc ETc
But whatever... The mods are there, and doing what the models want.
Cause the model put them there, and the model would/could remove them if they weren't doing what the model wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.