AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Can't go onto chaturbate when connected to VPN. Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2014
I currently use Private Internet Access as my VPN. I got it a couple of weeks ago. For some reason, I was never able to go onto certain sites with it, like MyFreeCams, but it didn't matter to me because I didn't really use MyFreeCams. I used Chaturbate, so I didn't bother to look up the problem. All of a sudden, I was unable to get onto chaturbate when connected to my VPN. (this happened tonight) I changed my server location from a place outside of America to a place in America, but no cigar. (By the way, I have Windows 8)

On PIA's website, it says :"I connected to the VPN, but I still can't access some websites. What do I do?"

And then it says "If this is the case, you may need to set your DNS servers. Please change your DNS servers to 209.222.18.222 and 209.222.18.218. Changing your DNS is very easy and a simple search on Google will give you proper instructions on how to do this"

Then, I followed the tutorial on this site: http://www.plus.net/support/software/dn ... ws-8.shtml . For some reason, it still didn't work.

Please, how can I remedy this problem, and what is wrong? What is this whole DNS thing about? I don't actually understand this.

What can I do so that I can go onto Chaturbate, and MyFreeCams?

DNS is basically an address book for the internet. When you type in a URL, like http://www.google.com, your computer first connects to a DNS server to get the IP address for that site.

I suggest that you contact your VPN provider.

If the block of IPs used by the VPN is identified as a source of fraudulent activity, the site may have simply shut them down. I had my SM account banned after using PIA to access it a year or two ago.

The account was determined to be a security risk and has been closed permanently. The card has also been blocked from our services.

As a frequent user of VPN (on both mfc and CB), mainly Private Internet Access I have never encountered any of those issues. My guess is that you must've changed the servers so many times that the CB system redflagged it. That may happen especially if you have tried buying tokens with your CC registered in one country and your IP jumping ship from server to server in different other countries than the one your card was registered with.

FYI never use VPN with Streamate ( model or member), they will ban you!

JordanBlack said:
As a frequent user of VPN (on both mfc and CB), mainly Private Internet Access I have never encountered any of those issues. My guess is that you must've changed the servers so many times that the CB system redflagged it. That may happen especially if you have tried buying tokens with your CC registered in one country and your IP jumping ship from server to server in different other countries than the one your card was registered with.

Interesting. Do you mind sharing which VPN you use? I'm currently having the same issues as OP.
I'm using Freedome and MFC or CB won't load for me when I attempt to broadcast.

Do most of you use free VPN or?

Lilith said:
Why do you want to use a VPN with Chaturbate in the first place? Can you turn it off to broadcast?

I use one to avoid DDoSing crisis's. Skids will be skids.

MFC doesn't have one server. There's the streaming server and the chat server, and perhaps others. Chaturbate likely works the same way. If your VPN uses one IP to log into one, and then another IP to connect to the other one, that may be interpreted as fishy. I had this issue with an MMORPG, and that's how it was explained to me.

camwithkitten said:
JordanBlack said:

Interesting. Do you mind sharing which VPN you use? I'm currently having the same issues as OP.
I'm using Freedome and MFC or CB won't load for me when I attempt to broadcast.

Do most of you use free VPN or?

I mentioned that I use Private Internet Access. I've tried others in the past, but I've been with this company for 1.5 years now. It's not a free VPN, but rather cheap in comparisons with others on the market ($39.95/ year aka 3.3$/ month).

• Helpful!
Reactions: Guy, Gen and Sevrin
Here is an update. As I recall, it was an issue with the antivirus service that I had had on my computer. (I used multiple anti virus, pay-for softwares on my computers). I'm not exactly sure how to explain in words, and it was a little while ago. From what i remember, I had to go into the software, go into the firewall settings and alter the program rules. This order of things to do may have been different, depending on the software, but I remember that it followed that general pattern with all of the software's that I used. In order to alter the program rules, I had to find the folder on the computer where the PIA installer thing was located. I had to click on it, and put it into the program rules as something that should not be blocked by the software's firewall. I think that I had to reinstall the PIA installer thing before doing that , because I think that for some reason it had disappeared from sight in the folder that I downloaded it to. I was going crazy with this for, like, a month.
The guy at PIA who I contacted was really nice, and he helped me to figure what to do with my pay-for anti-virus software. That was really nice of him, because later on, I contacted another guy, and i asked for help with PIA and another anti-virus software that I had, and the guy just bullshitted me ( I got this "it's not in my job description" kind of vibe about him)

Going through your posts, I understand that you wish to soon become a camgirl. It seems you want to protect yourself, and that's fine. However, maybe we don't need a ton of threads about VPNs and IPs. I'm not saying the topic isn't important, but maybe have them all in one easy to follow, non-redundant thread. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.