AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Ban Setting Up OBS???!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2019
United States
Twitter Username
@KaraMorningstar
MFC Username
Kamorningstar
Streamate Username
karamorningstar
Chaturbate Username
morningstar__
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/12/karamorningstar/
So I've been camming for a year and a half and never had any warnings or bans, nothing. I haven't broken any rules and today I bought a new webcam and microphone and finally decided to try out this OBS Software. Well, since I don't know wtf I am doing I kept clicking a million different things and it's not working and then suddenly CB gets all glitchy. Low and behold, I am now seeing the screen that says I am banned. What in the actual fuck? If my ineptitude is the problem, please, I will own it, but if someone or something on CB's end thinks I'm doing something shady...no, I'm just stupid. I have no idea what the ban was for, but that's when it happened. I've e-mailed support and judging by what I've read, won't get anywhere. I have a good amount of tokens that I need to cash out, so tell me are you going to at least let me do that??? I'd really like to get my account reinstated, as I've put considerable time and effort into redoing my bio and making new social media to promote my CB page, but anything beyond a generic e-mail and theft would be nice at this point.

So I've been camming for a year and a half and never had any warnings or bans, nothing. I haven't broken any rules and today I bought a new webcam and microphone and finally decided to try out this OBS Software. Well, since I don't know wtf I am doing I kept clicking a million different things and it's not working and then suddenly CB gets all glitchy. Low and behold, I am now seeing the screen that says I am banned. What in the actual fuck? If my ineptitude is the problem, please, I will own it, but if someone or something on CB's end thinks I'm doing something shady...no, I'm just stupid. I have no idea what the ban was for, but that's when it happened. I've e-mailed support and judging by what I've read, won't get anywhere. I have a good amount of tokens that I need to cash out, so tell me are you going to at least let me do that??? I'd really like to get my account reinstated, as I've put considerable time and effort into redoing my bio and making new social media to promote my CB page, but anything beyond a generic e-mail and theft would be nice at this point.
Support will take 3-5 days to reply... be a little bit patient, they do reply to most emails in the end. If you didn’t do anything wrong it could just be an auto-ban and they will lift it. The tokens will be there when they do for you to cash out.

Upvote 0
Support will take 3-5 days to reply... be a little bit patient, they do reply to most emails in the end. If you didn’t do anything wrong it could just be an auto-ban and they will lift it. The tokens will be there when they do for you to cash out.
Thank you for your response. I hope it is sooner than that. I have all new equipment to use for this weekend and I have time off from my full time job right now. This is terrible timing. It's very frustrating. Hopefully I hear sooner than that. Mostly, I just hope it was an auto ban like you said and it can be fixed.

Upvote 0
A wild guess from my side. Possible that you accidentally broadcasted and something or someone appeared in the stream? Using OBS you'll not see your own stream in the cb interface, you can even be logged out from cb and still stream through obs. Happened to a friend of mine (boyfriend appeared using the laptop, didn't know obs was streaming to cb).

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
A wild guess from my side. Possible that you accidentally broadcasted and something or someone appeared in the stream? Using OBS you'll not see your own stream in the cb interface, you can even be logged out from cb and still stream through obs. Happened to a friend of mine (boyfriend appeared using the laptop, didn't know obs was streaming to cb).
I had the camera pointed at the wall and was the only one here...it legit was on for maybe 10 minutes tops. I wish that was the problem because then it would make sense. Maybe they don't like my wall? First 5 minutes I didn't even know it was broadcasting and then i put it on password. Then it said it wasn't broadcasting so I kept generating a new token. After that, I got banned.

Upvote 0
@karamorningstar

CB banned you? WTF? I've been in your room many times and have not seen you do anything or say anything to even blink as much as a warning. Let alone a ban?

@punker barbie

Yes, I have now tried to create a new account, verify my age under my old account (minxmarie) and send 3 emails to support. Every single account has been banned. The error I am getting is this: our cam has been blocked as a result of concerns regarding compliance with our terms and conditions. Please note that we have zero tolerance for underage participation on our platform or any failure to comply with applicable law. If you believe this action is in error, you may appeal this block by sending us age verification.

or

We have reason to believe that you may have violated our terms of service.

Earlier I tried to install and do a test setup of that OBS thing because i JUST bought a new camera and mic...then my morningstar__ account got banned. It wasn't broadcasting correctly so I kept hitting that generate token button, maybe that did it? I mean i don't know how to use OBS....first timer here. Now no account that I try to create or recycle will work. Not going to say how old I am, but that "underage participation thing".....lol i'm way past that. Cute though.

I have tokens from last night I didn't get cashed out. I'll have been with CB 2 years in January. I went over their terms with a fine tooth comb today. Damn skippy, I'd like to know what I violated. If this is some glitch in a system doing a crazy auto-ban, some human PLEASE fix it. How can anyone work with this stuff happening? CB is by far the best site for broadcasting so I'm pretty upset today if I can't ever get back because no one pays attention.

Upvote 0
@punker barbie I hear you are the person to talk to. I'm rather disheartened at all the posts I am reading about CB being ban-happy. This is my first time dealing with that in almost 2 years of camming. The 6 hours of aggravation I've dealt with today trying to reach someone is not as bad as life's problems could get, but if you have any insight into why this is happening then I would appreciate at least getting my tokens cashed out. It is blatant theft to ban with tokens converted to cash, but not paid out to me yet and for not violating any terms of service. If CB does not want my patronage, that's not a problem, but I earned everything fairly. I'm sure my followers would be upset to hear that CB is stealing more than their take from the models. Again, I hope this is remedied.

Upvote 0
@karamorningstar to be honest, it sounds like a case of someone maybe reported you as just streaming no content (as you say you were streaming the wall). Some guys may have said it was longer than the 5 or 10 minutes, which resulted in this. It could be something else, of course, but it sounds like that is the most likely problem here. CB do generally have a rule against leaving a live cam streaming "nothing" for more than 20 minutes (I think that is what @punker barbie said in another post I recently saw).

Reactions: karamorningstar
Upvote 0
You get a message to your screen when there is no movement on the screen for a while that you have to acknowledge by clicking "understood" or something. If you don't do that, cb ends the stream. I haven't heard of a ban for that.

Some of cb's algorithms must have mistakenly detected something resulting in an auto ban.

I think it will get sorted out but I understand the stress it causes.

Upvote 0

This right here is why I always, always, always unplug my cam after a broadcast. If I had a laptop I would cover the cam with a piece of cardboard or something so no accidental broadcasting.

Upvote 0
I hope things are resolved for you quickly Kara. Whenever I need to play around with settings I password the room with no one else in it. Obviously, it's too late now but I understand your frustration.

Upvote 0
I have not heard back from anyone yet. The password was on it so that i didn't have viewers coming in. I had a friend text going to my site and the password is still there, but on my end I'm still banned. I probably only streamed a couple minutes and was unaware of it, then pointed cam at wall and set PW. Still nothing back from CB. I'm pretty bummed. Bought all this new stuff and I can't work so ugh

Upvote 0
I have not heard back from anyone yet. The password was on it so that i didn't have viewers coming in. I had a friend text going to my site and the password is still there, but on my end I'm still banned. I probably only streamed a couple minutes and was unaware of it, then pointed cam at wall and set PW. Still nothing back from CB. I'm pretty bummed. Bought all this new stuff and I can't work so ugh

Understandably so. Did you buy a new cam? If so, which one? My Brio stopped working so I'm on the hunt. The 922 is ok but not as clear as the Brio is.

Upvote 0
Understandably so. Did you buy a new cam? If so, which one? My Brio stopped working so I'm on the hunt. The 922 is ok but not as clear as the Brio is.
I had used the C920 and just got the 922. Never used the Brio. How did you like that? So far I think this is better than being in 720, but I'll probably upgrade again at some point. I got one of those Snowball mics to see how it does, but I am not sure how good/bad the webcam mic is to compare. I can't ever hear myself to really judge.

Now I'm googling Brio lol thanks...probably gonna want that now

Upvote 0
I had used the C920 and just got the 922. Never used the Brio. How did you like that? So far I think this is better than being in 720, but I'll probably upgrade again at some point. I got one of those Snowball mics to see how it does, but I am not sure how good/bad the webcam mic is to compare. I can't ever hear myself to really judge.

Now I'm googling Brio lol thanks...probably gonna want that now

I loved the Brio because you can adjust the field of view to 60 degrees or 90 degrees unlike the 922 where you have to zoom in to crop out parts of the room you don't want anyone to see. The problem is the cord is completely removable and I think constantly unplugging the cord at the cam head instead of at the computer somehow damaged it. It's 4K so the 922 looks awful to me now.

Upvote 0
@punker barbie I hear you are the person to talk to. I'm rather disheartened at all the posts I am reading about CB being ban-happy. This is my first time dealing with that in almost 2 years of camming. The 6 hours of aggravation I've dealt with today trying to reach someone is not as bad as life's problems could get, but if you have any insight into why this is happening then I would appreciate at least getting my tokens cashed out. It is blatant theft to ban with tokens converted to cash, but not paid out to me yet and for not violating any terms of service. If CB does not want my patronage, that's not a problem, but I earned everything fairly. I'm sure my followers would be upset to hear that CB is stealing more than their take from the models. Again, I hope this is remedied.

I'm sorry for the delay, I'm also sorry to hear that your account is currently banned. I've reached out to support and your account is currently under review. Please expect a response to your email within the hour. Please feel free to DM me if I am unable to respond immediately to any of your posts in the future.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry for the delay, I'm also sorry to hear that your account is currently banned. I've reached out to support and your account is currently under review. Please expect a response to your email within the hour. Please feel free to DM me if I am unable to respond immediately to any of your posts in the future.
Thannk you @punker barbie It is all sorted out now!!! :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.