AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB favoring US models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
Hi!

So I've been discussing this with some people and wondered if you guys have oppinions/insight.
Do you think that CB favors US models in terms of page placement/promotion?
This could be through algorithm, add traffic or social media exposure for example.

I'd like to think that it's a fairly even platform where you have a chanse no matter where you come from.
But at the same time I've heard some people saying that CB favor US models.
In some ways it might make sense for the site to do that.
  1. For example it's reassonable to asume that US models knows good English.
    And that it's a good look for the site to present first time site visitors with models that talks English well.
  2. It's also possible that CB would asume that the general quality of the broadcasts from US are good (equipment , technical knowledge, presentation)
  3. If US viewers are, on average, the best tippers (which I guess they are) they might asume that the US viewers are more likley to enjoy US models
  4. This is controversial to say...but if they consider the average income in many none US countries CB might argue that none US models will be more than satisfied even tho they don't make the top money.
Again, I hope none or at least as little as possible of this is true.
I am a European person myself.
Just thought it'd be interesting to see what you think about this.

Reactions: Lucy_
One room I used to visit a year ago was doing a "promo" for members to become fan members and stay in the room all day.
The "rules" were:

- Join the fan club (it's the cheapest rate)
- Login to the room when the model starts her broadcast and then send a token tip with a message saying "hello".
- Stay until the end of the broadcast (or for as long as possible) and when you leave or the model leaves, send another 1 token tip with a tipnote saying "bye" - this way the "hello" and "bye" messages are timestamped.
- Then, once the fan member has reached XX hours spent in the model's room per month, they get a 10-minute free skype show

So this all ties in with what you also say with the fan club, and it's been known for a long time, yet some models still don't activate the fan club in their room
When I say used to be based solely on number of followers I am talking about almost a decade ago. I wish I still had the announcement email where they let us know the algo was changing to boost lower rooms up the rank with active tipping being the largest factor. I remember because I was about to quit forever and when I read it I got really excited that I finally had a chance to move up.

As soon as I get an active tipper or a couple of fan club members in my room I get moved up on the page.

The list I commented with is in no certain order and only the development team knows the actual percentages but all of those factors are logged in users.

A room with 50 fan club members logged in is going to rank higher than a room with 50 regular members logged in, so forth and so on.

Can you guys help me understand how the fan club works on CB? I've had an account there for ages but started broadcasting consistently on cb this month and I'm having somewhat good results...meaning I see lots of potential now that I took the time to understand (a part of) the site. If having a fanclub there helps, I might try it! But I don't really understand if I'm supposed to do club shows, or have content in such club, or something else. I don't even know where to go to open one...might be getting ahead of myself since I have only one regular there still, but I guess it can't hurt

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
Can you guys help me understand how the fan club works on CB? I've had an account there for ages but started broadcasting consistently on cb this month and I'm having somewhat good results...meaning I see lots of potential now that I took the time to understand (a part of) the site. If having a fanclub there helps, I might try it! But I don't really understand if I'm supposed to do club shows, or have content in such club, or something else. I don't even know where to go to open one...might be getting ahead of myself since I have only one regular there still, but I guess it can't hurt
Go to your settings & privacy tab when you log in. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see areas for Fan Club Pricing & Private Show Pricing with or without spying.

Pick your price and then you can decide whether you want it to serve as a "premium" PM service only or if you want to add additional benefits like hidden ticket shows as a part of the fan club price. You can sell videos/pictures to members but let Fan Club members access them for free if you want. They can buy it as a one off subscription with a credit card or use tokens to buy a 3 month subscription.

Upvote 0

I think no matter what, you will have certain expectations from some guys where they want too much (free entry to ticket shows or discounted tickets, new photos/videos weekly, etc).
But I think it will really all depend on what kind of pricing you want to put the fan club at each month. You will see the big names having the fan club price at the lowest ($5.99), for the reasons that have been shared in this thread and also, it allows for more people to join it because a lot more can afford it (and you can really say "it's ONLY $5.99 per month)..

But the best thing would be to start off with just adding a few little things. I wouldn't offer too much especially not to begin with. To start, don't make too many promises, but offer a few little things. No matter how much or little you offer, you can always use that simple line "it's only 5.99 per MONTH", and can always say you will add more, or heck, ask for ideas from users who join it.

Not sure if people offer fan club shows to be honest, maybe larger rooms might? But I think unless you have lots in the club, or you are charging high enough, then they would not be worth doing to begin with.

Upvote 0
Fan Club.jpg

Mine is set at $15.99. Their only perk is PM. No videos, no pictures, no ticket shows. Just PM. If they're paying CB $20 to PM everyone because they bought a supporter account, they can pay $15.99 a month to support me and bug me in PM.

Reactions: Yep_Nope_Maybe
Upvote 0
Do you think that CB favors US models in terms of page placement/promotion?
This could be through algorithm, add traffic or social media exposure for example.
I really doubt this is true. For me, most the people I see in my first page are Russian, Colombian and rooms that seem to match my most recent watched or most used tags.

Upvote 0
By adjusting your CB settings you can select more-or-less by continent and see how that impacts the first page. For example by dropping South America you'll eliminate about two-thirds of all cams on CB. North American cams are a relatively small group.

Upvote 0
By adjusting your CB settings you can select more-or-less by continent and see how that impacts the first page. For example by dropping South America you'll eliminate about two-thirds of all cams on CB. North American cams are a relatively small group.
I do this very thing.
Visible Regions: North America [checked], All others [unchecked]
Settings: Show Recommended Cams [unchecked]

Upvote 0
In my experience as a member, fan club membership gives me access to a model's uploaded videos and photos on CB I would otherwise have to purchase independently, and the ability to PM her without paying the PM tax or having her PM me first. It also usually gets me a little special attention from the model (nothing major, but just that she'll greet me and chat with me a little bit when I enter the room.) None of the models I subscribe to do club shows or anything besides the things I just mentioned.

Upvote 0
Start A CB Fan Club: https://support.chaturbate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048893511-Start-a-Chaturbate-Fan-Club

I would add that some CB apps/bots have the ability to identify Fan Club members in order to facilitate additional perks, like getting a special tag (text or icon) that precedes their messages, bypassing chat auto-moderation and graphics posting restrictions that could be imposed on non-members, and giving them discounted or free access to hidden/ticket shows.

Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0

In a way it's kinda like a built in Onlyfans, you pay a subscription, get access to videos/pics. In practice though it's more commonly used as a differentiator between regulars and more casual members in community oriented rooms. You will notice that most models either have no fan club members or a large amount, but rarely anything in between for that reason.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.