AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB "NEW" tag rules/mystery...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2018
Behind you
Chaturbate Username
catscratch_and_moose
I have a been following this model for very long time by now (few months at least).
suddenly , today I have noticed he/she/it has a "NEW" tag under him/her/it's cam (you know the "NEW" on the Cam preview on the model cam list),
while I know he/she/it is not a new cam model I have been following him/her/it for months and also has ~15k followers.

The only difference I noticed is that now he/she/it broadcasts on HD (720p) while before it was up to 576p.

I was wondering if any one of you could help me solve the mystery of how a relatively senior model that been broadcasting for moths suddenly has a "NEW" tag?
what are the "NEW" tag rules on CB?
how does the system decides who to apply it to? based on what criteria?

Last edited:
Does she really have the same user name like before?

What I know can happen, is that a broadcaster makes a new account, transfers followers from the old account to the new one and still has the new label on the new account. A very popular cb model just did this but in her case she completely changed all her online persona to the new name.

CB used to be more restrictive here, now they seem to be more lax again. I can only speculate why but one reason could be that studios can always just make a studio account (with new tag) under the studio main account, while independent could not for a while (no "master" studio account for independent girls). So that was an advantage for studios that is now more even again.

Unlike independent girls, studios can make new models accounts on mfc too, so there this studio advantage still exists.

Generally broadcasters get the "new" tag for seven days starting with the day the account was age verified.

Reactions: AudriTwo and Mila_
Upvote 0
that was the 1st thing that crossed my mind, but I overruled this, because if it was a new account/name,
he/she wouldn't appear on my following list..his/hers old account would had.
but he/she was on my following list and online...

Upvote 0
If she transferred her followers she would appear in your followed list, just with the new name.

you can do that on CB ? I think it's not possible :/
And i'm puzzled like catscratch : "new" stands for a newly created account only, as far I could see.

It can be caused by a CB bug, some crash during a site modification.

Upvote 0
Yep, I've transferred my followers to a new username on Chaturbate before, and it works as @dark_mermaid said :)
I had the new tag for a week, all followers were transferred to the new account, and my old account was automatically unfollowed as a result.
(So, only the new transferred account would appear in the followed list of those who previously followed the former account)

Upvote 0
here is the reply I got from CB support
The “New” tag is only available when a user age verifies their first account on our service. The user you’re referring to no longer has the tag available. Please let us know if we can provide any further clarification.
they did not elaborate what was the glitch, but they implied it was a glitch in the system it appears. and it was indeed removed the NEW tag after that from that model.

Upvote 0
Yep, I've transferred my followers to a new username on Chaturbate before, and it works as @dark_mermaid said :)
I had the new tag for a week, all followers were transferred to the new account, and my old account was automatically unfollowed as a result.
So that's what's happening! Many times I've seen "NEW" models with tens or hundreds of thousands of followers and figured it was a bug. Now it makes sense.

Reactions: gddp
Upvote 0
This "new" feature has been discussed in other threads. Seems a lot of models change names. There may be good, valid reasons to change a name/account. But many of us old-time users don't like it. Makes it seem like the "old" model had something to hide. Methinks models considering changing their name should do so with great consideration.

Upvote 0
I've seen several models change their name because they want to change their "brand", and want all their site's names to match up, especially when they started with names like 'sexy_girl69' but go by a "real"name now (as in a made up but real sounding name haha). And if they email CB they can have their followers transferred to the new acc. Although I tried to do this and just got a reply saying they don't transfer followers unless its a safety issue whatever that means haha. Guess it either depends which staff member gets your email or they only do it for higher earning models aha

Upvote 0
I've seen several models change their name because they want to change their "brand", and want all their site's names to match up, especially when they started with names like 'sexy_girl69' but go by a "real"name now (as in a made up but real sounding name haha). And if they email CB they can have their followers transferred to the new acc. Although I tried to do this and just got a reply saying they don't transfer followers unless its a safety issue whatever that means haha. Guess it either depends which staff member gets your email or they only do it for higher earning models aha

I have seen lots of models with low member count etc do it too, so it isn't just high earners. Some models that I have spoken with, do it because they think they are on a bad server and think changing NAME will change server. I think in these circumstances, CB honestly facepalm and just move hem to try to help them instead of repeating the same things over and over.

If you're on multiple sites, I would actually recommend NOT using the same name on all since if you do, you're very easy to find and guys WILL watch you on each of the sites at the same time, trying and waiting to get a free show. Maybe they will sit in silence doing this, but many will be rude and trolling and causing problems on both/all accounts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.