AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Charity Events

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayboyMegan

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 15, 2011
I was thinking about how some girls have been criticized for only giving a "small" percent to donation. With MFC taking 50% and taxes taking up to another 35% after that, a "small" percent seems fair to me and better than nothing. I believe helping out AT ALL is great!
How do you feel about it?
What percentage do you think a model should give to charity from her tokens earned?

I think it's awesome any time someone is considerate enough to donate a percentage of the money they've earnt to charity. They don't have to do that but they've done it anyway. Which is awesome.

The only reason I can fathom for somebody criticizing a model doing a charity event is if she lies about the percentage she'll be donating or implies she'll be donating more than she actually intends to. If someone tips a model a large amount specifically because it's a charity event and they're being led to believe that the entirety of their tip (minus MFC's cut) will be going to charity and then the model takes a cut for herself before donating whatever's left, then I can kinda see why someone might take issue with the thing.

But so long as the model is upfront about the percentage of earnings that she'll actually be donating, then I see literally no reason for anyone to get their panties in a twist. Altruism should be encouraged, not shat on, ya know?

I agree that as long as the model is upfront and does not make it seem like she is donating all of it instead of taking part of the donation for herself then it should not matter. I believe in helping others and giving what I can, when I can. Sometimes that is more than other times. But anytime someone is willing to donate money to a cause is great!

I think it should be up to the model what percentage she can give to a charity. A member definitely doesn't know a model's situation. Even if she states a portion of the proceeds will go for this charity, the model shouldn't be criticized for it. Giving something is better than giving nothing IMO. It's the same thing with anyone, give what you want to give and don't worry about it. I don't want someone to look over my shoulder when I'm writing a check. I think everyone deserves the same respect.

A cheerful giver brings positive energy to oneself. An ungrateful giver brings negative energy to oneself.

my charity nights are usually 50% of the proceeds and I usually get a few people criticizing me for only doing half or accusing me of scamming. last time I did a charity day, I did 100% of the proceeds (plus a couple extra hundred!) only because I had a fantastic month and could afford to donate all of it and I STILL had people criticizing me. people are going to hate regardless.

In my opinion, it makes more sense to just donate the money myself regardless of what percentage the model is giving. Not only would the charity get a larger cut, but it would be more beneficial for me as well as I’d get to use the charitable contribution deduction on my taxes.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s great that models are donating. But if the ultimate goal is to give as much as possible to a charity it would be better to encourage people to donate directly, rather than encouraging people to tip you so that you can donate what is left after everyone else got their cut.

ThePioneer said:
In my opinion, it makes more sense to just donate the money myself regardless of what percentage the model is giving. Not only would the charity get a larger cut, but it would be more beneficial for me as well as I’d get to use the charitable contribution deduction on my taxes.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s great that models are donating. But if the ultimate goal is to give as much as possible to a charity it would be better to encourage people to donate directly, rather than encouraging people to tip you so that you can donate what is left after everyone else got their cut.

I totally understand that! although I do think a lot of guys like the group effort and helping the model get her charity goal. but if someone decided to donate directly than tip me, I'd totally be cool with that.

ThePioneer said:

That definitely applies to the guys who are only tipping because it's a charity event. But there are gonna be plenty of guys tipping for countdowns and privates and groups and videos and whatnot, regardless of whether they know, or even care, if the model is donating some of that night's earnings to charity. For the tips that come from those guys, no matter the percentage the model is donating, it's all money that the charity wouldn't otherwise see.
But yeah, I'd agree that if you want to donate to charity, the best and most effective way to do it is to deal with the charity directly.

As others said well sorry it’s a hard world at times sure people will call Artists out on a charity gig, numbers, who, what where?, but a true heart and a genuine interest and a profile and room topic will just make all haters look stupid. Go for it as every thing think it out, be up front, be transparent............but lots of luck to you and publicise it and put it up here.

Not white knighting but talk to Miss Lolly she works away quite for little animal charity’s where a few $$$ will make a difference so no targets a chat in room about why you like the charity you support, why you like it and your motivation with a catchy topic and (cough) a name drop now and again that they might have a web site you could Google.

Eh of course you never told them to go to that site as per MFC rules but say they did?.........and donated online or bought you some merchandise from there store and proved it to you would they say get a fan sign or a photo set?. I am a law abiding person and love MFC and do like people getting behind causes but washing it through MFC is not the best way. I do think you can raise great awareness and highlight issues it’s one of the great social sides of MFC so if you support some thing to me be you wear a sexy big tee shirt with the name of charity on it home made is fine...........direct traffic to there web site, of course in rules. Research who you support promise that treats will come to anyone that can prove they support it or as has purchased from them............fan sign, free member cam for a day but you got to wear and show me tee shirt you bought etc.................or combination of all of the above gets me in believe and with you wanting to come back to your room. Sorry Megan don’t hang out with you wrong time zone so don’t know how you run your room or how you roll. Just ideas I have hugs your great from posts and pics. Every little bit helps is a short answer!

poca_ said:
my charity nights are usually 50% of the proceeds and I usually get a few people criticizing me for only doing half or accusing me of scamming. last time I did a charity day, I did 100% of the proceeds (plus a couple extra hundred!) only because I had a fantastic month and could afford to donate all of it and I STILL had people criticizing me. people are going to hate regardless.
Have you thought about posting some kind of proof?
I made crystal-clear proof graphics after my charity nights on Thursday/Friday (lilymariemfc.tumblr.com/post/49019643489), and also after my charity night in December '11. I don't want to have to deal with douchebags accusing me of not donating the money I said I would!

Why is it anyone's business how much the model gives to charity? Or do you mean the model is specifically asking for tokens to give to charity?

If the latter, which now that I think about it makes the most sense since the question is being asked here. :doh :lol:

Whatever the models says she will donate should be perfectly acceptable. I will say, that while it is admirable to do I can see where it could cause criticisms. I don't want to hurt feelings or be too cynical about things like this, but it can be seen as being a bit self serving or another angle to up camscores or tip amounts. I feel giving to charity should be a personal thing. I know people have causes they like to help with but I am not sure that an adult entertainment site is the best place for that since money is already involved. That being said, as long as it is completely upfront even a small amount should not be criticized.

When I give to charity, I like to check how much of my money would be going to actually help. The very best are in the 90% percentage area. Good ones will not be spending over 30% towards their operating costs. But, they are non-profit so their overhead will be lower due to not having to pay federal income tax.

LilyMarie said:
poca_ said:
Have you thought about posting some kind of proof?
I made crystal-clear proof graphics after my charity nights on Thursday/Friday (lilymariemfc.tumblr.com/post/49019643489), and also after my charity night in December '11. I don't want to have to deal with douchebags accusing me of not donating the money I said I would!
I always post proof! I usually just tweet it though instead of adding them to my profile

Just Me said:
Why is it anyone's business how much the model gives to charity? Or do you mean the model is specifically asking for tokens to give to charity?

If the latter, which now that I think about it makes the most sense since the question is being asked here. :doh :lol:

Whatever the models says she will donate should be perfectly acceptable. I will say, that while it is admirable to do I can see where it could cause criticisms. I don't want to hurt feelings or be too cynical about things like this, but it can be seen as being a bit self serving or another angle to up camscores or tip amounts. I feel giving to charity should be a personal thing. I know people have causes they like to help with but I am not sure that an adult entertainment site is the best place for that since money is already involved. That being said, as long as it is completely upfront even a small amount should not be criticized.

When I give to charity, I like to check how much of my money would be going to actually help. The very best are in the 90% percentage area. Good ones will not be spending over 30% towards their operating costs. But, they are non-profit so their overhead will be lower due to not having to pay federal income tax.

I always cam a lot more hours on charity days so my camscore isn't helped.
I get where naysayers come in but I always just make it clear that they don't have tip to me, I'm not forcing or begging them to.
I usually don't do nudity countdowns or groups but I always do them on charity days so that their tokens still get them something as well

Whatever money a model receives from her work is hers to do with as she likes, so giving any part of that to charity is great. No, it's not the most efficient way to get the money to the charity, but every little bit helps. The only suggestion I would make is to donate directly to the organization supplying services, funding research, etc, so that your donation is not further diluted by some for-profit fundraising organization with a high overhead.

There are a lot of sites now where you can research how well various organizations manage your donation. I would suggest making sure that your hard-earned money is well spent.

Here's one, for American charities:
http://www.charitywatch.org/toprated.html

PlayboyMegan said:
I can't afford giving my tax money away to charity right now, but I'd love to help with anything I could do. I wanted to do a 30% donation day, but I'm afraid of the backlash.
Would it be possible to set up a dual method of donating for your charity?

So if someone wanted to donate 'all' of their money for the charity you could have something else set up. Like they could send you the code for an amazon gift card. All of that would be used to buy food or supply's for a local food shelter. Or you could also have a direct link to a Red Cross or Cancer Society for them to make a donation directly. I'm not sure what charity you're thinking of so I'm not sure if this could be set up like the examples above exactly, but maybe something along those lines.

But at the same time also let it be known any they tip to you in tokens will be donated at the 30% due to mfc's cut and taxes, etc. Maybe just bill it as a 'Megan Takes a 30% Cut in Pay Event' instead of a charity day. So they get that idea right off the bat. :think:

That way if they even mention you trying to 'scam' them for money you can throw it right back in their face and tell them to donate directly. Oh and make sure you ask for proof of donation, like you'll be posting, so you can post an image of it in a special gallery of donaters on your profile. That should either get more donations or shut them up fairly fast. :-D

PlayboyMegan said:
I was thinking about how some girls have been criticized for only giving a "small" percent to donation. With MFC taking 50% and taxes taking up to another 35% after that, a "small" percent seems fair to me and better than nothing. I believe helping out AT ALL is great!
How do you feel about it?
What percentage do you think a model should give to charity from her tokens earned?

I agree with you that helping out at all is great. Anyone who criticizes a person for giving "too little" to charity is being an ass, and should mind their own business. No one should ever guilt-trip a person into making a donation. Make the donation because you want to and because you can.

PlayboyMegan said:
How do you feel about it??

I think it's awesome. I would just give straight to the charity, but what a model does with her money ain't my business. 1% is better than nothing. Even if the model is doing it in a attempt to get more tips or raise her camscore, at least that grimey bitch is donating something.

PunkInDrublic said:
I think it's awesome. I would just give straight to the charity, but what a model does with her money ain't my business. 1% is better than nothing. Even if the model is doing it in a attempt to get more tips or raise her camscore, at least that grimey bitch is donating something.
:? :roll:

Reactions: LilyMarie
JerryBoBerry said:
:? :roll: How would that not be grimey? Or did bitch offend you? I call dudes bitches sometimes so it's not a sexist thing. Anyone can be a bitch.

PunkInDrublic said:
JerryBoBerry said:
:? :roll: How would that not be grimey? Or did bitch offend you? I call dudes bitches sometimes so it's not a sexist thing. Anyone can be a bitch.

Dont worry about Jerry. He just posts to call people trolls/vlads etc. I just ignore all his posts now.

I think members are critical perhaps because they simply see as it as means of getting money out of us.. I don't see why models have to advertise how much they are giving. You can simply say I support this charity. I don't know. PErsonally I don't care, its your money you do what you want.

People will be critical of everything. Donating is a personal thing and kinda doesnt make sense to pay someone to donate for you..when you could do it yourself which is why there are screams of "scam", hence the reason why I said most would see it as just getting more tokens from us.

Like members would probably assume you just increase all your countdowns and prices by 30% or something like that to pay the 30% for charity. Nothing wrong with this of course. Just that members are not really on mfc to donate for charity thats all I suppose.

Especially if you get a knock on the door from a the red cross asking for a donation just before...

And fuck I hate Lance Armstrong + all celebs who use their fame to create their own charity to maintain their shitty image, so that they can get away with shit.

Why can they just join an existing charity? We have soooo many charities its not funny.

sorry for rant everytimei think charity he pops up in my head.

PlayboyMegan said:
I can't afford giving my tax money away to charity right now, but I'd love to help with anything I could do. I wanted to do a 30% donation day, but I'm afraid of the backlash.

I would be upfront and inform them that you want to raise money to give to a charity, you will give 30% of whatever is earned, because of the cut that is taken from MFC as well as needing to put money back for taxes. Just explain.

I understand this to be you are still wanting to make money as well? If so, could you run a promotion that if they want to donate directly to the charity, so that 100% of the proceeds goes to the charity, if they give you a screen shot to prove it was done, they could get some content of yours for a discounted price?

I think the guys need to understand that this is a job, so even though you want to donate to a charity, you still need to be able to survive. That is like asking them to take their whole paycheck and give to a charity. No taking out for bills or spending money or anything.

I kinda agree what you are saying but these charities do benefit massively from the affiliation or creation by celebrities, The Livestrong brand is a poor example of the point you are trying to make as it went absolutely global when its name was changed from The Lance Armstrong Foundation to "Livestrong" I mean you couldnt move for the yellow wristbands and the millions upon millions that must have made for the charity, In fact according toWiki (not the most reliable of sources but hey..) revenues were up even after Lance Armstrong was outed as a cheat and a liar

A better example of "celeb" doing good without trying to further his own name would be Bill Gates and his work with polio, not all celebs are bad!

sweetiebatman said:
I kinda agree what you are saying but these charities do benefit massively from the affiliation or creation by celebrities, The Livestrong brand is a poor example of the point you are trying to make as it went absolutely global when its name was changed from The Lance Armstrong Foundation to "Livestrong" I mean you couldnt move for the yellow wristbands and the millions upon millions that must have made for the charity, In fact according toWiki (not the most reliable of sources but hey..) revenues were up even after Lance Armstrong was outed as a cheat and a liar

A better example of "celeb" doing good without trying to further his own name would be Bill Gates and his work with polio, not all celebs are bad!

I just didnt like the ones that start their own charity..when they could support an existing one. Bill Gates can start his charity if he wants and support other chairties at the same times he is loaded. He is a philanthropist.

Though i can understand that some people want to start their one project etc. Just dont like people using charity as a means of making themself look good.

trotskyleon said:
Dont worry about Jerry. He just posts to call people trolls/vlads etc. I just ignore all his posts now.
I simply call it like I see it. You've pretty much trolled since you got here. You make stupid ass inflammatory statements about subjects you obviously know nothing about or have nothing to do with the thread (like your posts in this one for example). Then when people reply angrily to your posts you come back with a spin on what you 'actually said' pretending that's not what you really meant. Then you get to tell off people for daring to be so mean to newcomers.

Well how about this for mean. I hate your ever loving fucking guts. I wish you would go away so I don't have to have the displeasure of seeing you respond to anything I post ever again. So far not much of it has even made sense anyway. You've contributed practically nothing to this forum via decent conversation. By very definition I know you to be Troll. I don't know for sure if you are Vlad, but you sure as hell are A Vlad.

Please, feel free to put me on ignore so you are never tempted to reply to anything I say again. You'd make my day!

User Control Panel - Friends & Foes - Manage Foes - Add me. Seriously, do it. Do it now. Please.

First off, giving anything to a worthy charity is a plus, so I'm not one to criticize someone for giving less than 100%. As long as a model is upfront about how much goes to the charity, I'm fine with whatever amount she chooses to give. Even if she benefits from the event too, that's okay as long as she is clear about what's being given and isn't judgmental about what people tip for the event. Of course, she could just decide to make a donation and not make it a public event at all. Presumably the hope in making it public is that there will be more tips, allowing her to give more.

On to a couple side points.

The people who say that, from a member's point of view, giving directly to the charity is a more effective way of donating are absolutely right. All you spend that way goes directly to the charity (their operating expenses still apply, but you can't avoid that short of choosing a more efficient charity) as opposed to your token cost over 5 cents going to MFC. If you intend to spend time with that model anyway though, tipping her on a charity night still does the charity some good, and you get to support her doing something she believes in.

MFC's cut of how much of the model's earnings goes to charity is actually 0%. The model earns the same 5 cents per token as always. Donating 100% from a charity night will not cost the model more than 100% of the earnings unless, for some reason, the full amount can't be deducted from taxed income (also, I have no idea how non-U.S. taxes work). That said, I'm certainly not saying it's wrong not to give all 100%. This is still how the models make their livings, and giving away part of your paycheck is still generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.