AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaterbate vs MFC.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bots are awesome! Especially for people new to camming. They make the room run very smoothly. I also agree that no cam score makes for a stress free room!

So for a model, CB seems to operate smoother, but as a member to avoid ads and other unpleasant items it is a worse experience. So why would a member switch to CB? It does not make any sense.

I love this site! This post is helpful to me because I recently joined MFC, but I'm looking to try out others as well. Very useful info in this thread :)

So for a model, CB seems to operate smoother, but as a member to avoid ads and other unpleasant items it is a worse experience. So why would a member switch to CB? It does not make any sense.

If they prefer the models or the site culture, or if they dislike the atmosphere or features on mfc? Everyone will have different reasons but not everyone will value the same things, I'm sure some dudes don't care about ads if they like the models or the site enough.

. They don't require that their performers produce I.D before they perform (only before they're paid) and I'd rather not run the risk of catching even a second of an underage girl's live sex show. .

I had to produce an ID before I performed (registered in November of 2015). Even after I was registered, I was camming with another girl on her page and she got a notice about an unregistered performer (me). The kicker is, I wasn't even nude; I was fully clothed and decided to say hi to her room before she signed off.

• Helpful!
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Forgot to add-I also like the many apps CB has to offer. I play Token Keno a lot, where you can assign random numbers members can tip to win a prize. I also use tip in sequence a lot and will do tip the numbers 1-20 for topless, 1-30 for naked, etc. This is easier to accomplish and a lot less overwhelming to members than having one large goal to cumshow that might not get completed. Other apps include Wheel of Fortune, Roll the Dice, Ohmibod, and many more.

I also like the lack of camscore on CB. You can stay on for long periods of time without worrying about tanking your camscore.
Wow as a guy who goes to both sites I think you did a great job of explaining the differences. My 2 cents, CB has a lot more members and rooms are busier. It is more common for models to let greys chat (Like non premium on MFC) The mods can take care of the rude comments and let the girl get on with entertaining. Seems to be a lot more monster tippers on MFC and top girls seem to do a lot better than those on CB. From what I have seen, on MFC the models beg for tips more or act upset if they are not making their goals quickly. I think camscore and rank have a lot to do with this but it seems a lot of guys buy into this and want to keep their favs high on the Miss MFC rank. Personally I have no idea why I should care if a girl finishes the night ranked 247 or 251 :haha:. MFC with it's internal email and tons of options to look up chat logs, tip logs etc gives the member much more control over his over all experience. I think CB's apps are very helpfull for models. I think cam image quality was better on CB but seems recently it is very close to the same. CB is a much better site if you like action, MFC is much better if you want to form friendships with the models. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth:wondering:

• Helpful!
Reactions: Tomtom197
Chaturbate is cluttered, has a mess of ads and pop-unders (I mean, seriously? can you BE any more annoying than that?) and is frustrating to navigate. I don't care to watch anything but cam girls, so the possibility of clicking through to a couples or male cam is not appealing to me. I'm sure CB members enjoy the apps and integrated tip games, but they make the rooms look very messy and confusing.
I started as a member on CB first. When I first tried MFC I found it hard to navigate till I became familiar with it. I don't think I have ever had a pop up ad on CB (not sure what a pop under is) and you sorta get used to the ads and don't even notice them. There is a tab on the main page that allows you view girls cam only. As for the rooms looking messy because of apps and notices, you get used to that, I found MFC's room strange because they were missing them when I was new there :h:

• Helpful!
Hey just joining the thread and read through a few of the posts and have some questions about MFC
I've been on CB since August and have done very well but agree with people here that the ads are too much, clutter, somewhat unprofessional and their customer support is pretty atrocious.
I've been looking at other cam sites because of this and it seems MFC is really the only good other option considering traffic. Unfortunately MFC does not allow masks so I haven't looked too much more into it.
I am curious about MFC though, I was told you can't go nude unless you're in private. I would assume most of the tips to be made would be in private then?
I would like to try other cam sites and obviously I can't do MFC but I'd like to get a feel for how other sites are doing it.

Personally I do great on CB even though it can be frustrating. I get a lot of traffic and about 5-10 people tipping a lot to keep the show going. Biggest advantage of CB is TRAFFIC, more than any other site I've seen. I have anywhere from 1-3k in my room but even when it's only 1,000 there are quality tippers and I do just as well.
I do disagree with how they have things set up, there server, too many adds, but I have yet to find another site where I would do better

Hey just joining the thread and read through a few of the posts and have some questions about MFC
I am curious about MFC though, I was told you can't go nude unless you're in private. I would assume most of the tips to be made would be in private then?

That's not true about MFC-lots and lots of girls get nude and masturbate in public chat lol. Maybe you're thinking of Streamate? I haven't worked on Streamate in a long time, but I think one of the rules is no showing pussy in free chat, only in premium, exclusive, or gold shows?

That's not true about MFC-lots and lots of girls get nude and masturbate in public chat lol. Maybe you're thinking of Streamate? I haven't worked on Streamate in a long time, but I think one of the rules is no showing pussy in free chat, only in premium, exclusive, or gold shows?
That's probably it then, thanks for clearing that up!

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Unfortunately MFC does not allow masks so I haven't looked too much more into it..
That might be a little out of context; MFC don't allow models to hide there face permanently and that includes masks, in such a case I imagine that would be full masks not the brief mask shown in your AFC avatar and some twitter pics. Some MFC models do wear a mask similar to yours, although I don't know of any that do it all the time.
Perhaps email MFC model support with some pictures and ask.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Molly Kat
Personally I do great on CB even though it can be frustrating. I get a lot of traffic and about 5-10 people tipping a lot to keep the show going. Biggest advantage of CB is TRAFFIC, more than any other site I've seen. I have anywhere from 1-3k in my room but even when it's only 1,000 there are quality tippers and I do just as well.
I do disagree with how they have things set up, there server, too many adds, but I have yet to find another site where I would do better

I guess the few times I have been on CB the traffic does not seem that good either.

I guess the few times I have been on CB the traffic does not seem that good either.
Well there are definitely prime times, every couple of hours it varies and what I do is see how many rows of rooms have at least 1,000 viewers in them. 6-7 rows is pretty good and the first row will have 4,000-8,000 viewers.
For me there are only about 10-20 tipping the whole show and they tip a lot so even on days I have less than average amount of viewers it works out.

• Helpful!
That might be a little out of context; MFC don't allow models to hide there face permanently and that includes masks, in such a case I imagine that would be full masks not the brief mask shown in your AFC avatar and some twitter pics. Some MFC models do wear a mask similar to yours, although I don't know of any that do it all the time.
Perhaps email MFC model support with some pictures and ask.

Yes, MFC allows small eyemasks (like the one in her avatar) to be worn all the time. They just don't allow FULL facemasks to be worn all the time since they have no clue who might be under the mask. I think it's just one of their safety precautions so that men/underage children can't get on cam. There used to be a very popular model who wore masks everyday, all day. It was her thing. But I think she made the switch to showing her face permanently. Her name (is/was?) LeiaDown.

Yes, MFC allows small eyemasks (like the one in her avatar) to be worn all the time. They just don't allow FULL facemasks to be worn all the time since they have no clue who might be under the mask. I think it's just one of their safety precautions so that men/underage children can't get on cam. There used to be a very popular model who wore masks everyday, all day. It was her thing. But I think she made the switch to showing her face permanently. Her name (is/was?) LeiaDown.
That makes sense, really good to know thank you

From a members perspective I like mfc
  1. No monthly Fee. I prefer to buy tokens and use accordlingly.
  2. Notes Feature, helps alot of ways
  3. Freind's list and Bookmarks help alot to sort out favorites and the ones you really like
  4. PM controlled by the model
  5. Flexibility in settings, you can have gals listed by cam score, New model, new log on, number of people, alphabetically and random. Let alone by country/region. Just way better
  6. Weaknesses of MFC are the style but it has more substance imho.

From a members perspective I like mfc
  1. No monthly Fee. I prefer to buy tokens and use accordlingly.

CB doesn't have a monthly fee either. The $20/month Supporter fee is optional and you only pay it if you want to be able to initiate PM's to models and not see ads. You are not required to pay it though, you can buy tokens as you please. The rest of the features, I agree with you though. I hate it that people who never tip me can start PM's with me on CB. I just ignore PM's unless they are from tippers or someone inquiring about what I do in private shows.

CB doesn't have a monthly fee either. The $20/month Supporter fee is optional and you only pay it if you want to be able to initiate PM's to models and not see ads.
For me, the pm feature is not to chat with models, but other members. With a precious few delightful exceptions, pm's with models tend to be tedious affairs imo...

Model: Hi bb
Me: Hi
Model: hru?
Me: good
Model: nice

I feel CB is made better for a boy/girl crowd. When my boyfriend @Th3Roomi3 and I go online we will have a packing room with active chatters
I go on CB alone T-T get 100-200 people. Ghost town no one is typing
~~~~~~~
MFC is where Serina_ does best :cat: but I love my couple crowd on CB and SOME of them have followed me over to mfc and vice versa. That feeling is so good as lovely Camgirls know :h:

Having worked both of the sites for only about a month each, at the moment as a new model, I prefer CB as I've made more money there. I get way more people in my room that STAY (I could never hold more than 40 on MFC) & I always reach my goal when I stay on. I will say though I think my lack of success on MFC had a lot to do with my inexperience with camming & it being the first site I started on. Also I was never consistent with a schedule which I know is vital in seeing success there.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
I think it's very subjective, but I started on CB and found the MFC interface very confusing and a bit overwhelming. I topped up once, spent most of it but haven't been back since. There are several things I don't like about CB, random banning of models being at the top of the list, but I still hang out there most of the time.

Focusing on the overall energy and overall experience I prefer mfc both as a model and as a browsing member/guest.Always a good time.
I find it annoying that many people point out that some features are out of date on mfc or not as good visual as skype or whatever (but then they also admit mfc is the site they spend most of their time on so..if you don't like it why you always there... )

You'd probably be amazed at just how many members log in out of habit/boredom. Even if favorites aren't on, they'll be logged in, often in one of the lounges, even if not really watching any cams. If I'm online at home, and I'm not recording or editing videos for my YouTube, I'm generally on MFC, even if the tab isn't my main focus. I might have a model or two open in different windows just for sound that isn't music while I write or read things, when favorites aren't on. Hell, ask any model who's known me for years, half the time I'm sleeping while on MFC. :p

That doesn't mean that the video quality complaint isn't valid, though. I did a Skype with a favorite, today, and even she commented how much better the quality and aspect ratio is on Skype over MFC. She mentioned she hates how MFC crops to 4:3, so she has to be further away from her cam to have all of her in frame (and she's all of 5' to 5'1"), as an example. So, it's not just members who think MFC has to enter the 21st century in terms of video codecs and aspect ratios.

While I don't often visit CB, it does have 16:9 aspect ratios and at least 720p video, if the model's internet can support it. Streamate, though, has the overall best quality of video of any cam site I have visited.

There are multiple display options on MFC. Avatars are default, but there are different sized room previews also available, which move when you mouseover them.

Yeah, the new preview is the "non-live" mobile feed. So, if models aren't set up to use the mobile feed, it will still just be a static image that refreshes every 30-ish seconds. One model I know says she doesn't use the mobile feed because it messes up her normal feed. You would know better than me, but I'm pretty sure if the model has the "HD" option enabled on her feed, she automatically is also set to the mobile feed, now.

Mobile users can switch to a "live" setting, which has sound and full video, if their phone and connection support it (WiFi is best, it rips through data, otherwise), but that is generally 30 or so seconds behind the actual video... oddly enough, a bunch of us have noticed the same thing about PM cams, recently; they're also a good 30 seconds behind the main room, now, for some reason. Mobile users, though, have other limitations, too, like not being able to go group or private (not that I think the "go private" option in PM windows has ever worked on the desktop site, either), or view their archived privates.

If you're one of the fellas who doesn't like the feel of contributing a chunk of a countdown that a bunch of freeloaders get to see as well, that's another perk for Streamate, since joining a gold show requires a minimum pay-in, so everyone watching has contributed. I'm personally not bothered by this, but I know a lot of guys are.

I don't mind the gold shows on SM. If I'm in the mood to just spend a few bucks, I'll sometimes look for a gold show there that is a decent length with something I'm looking for. Generally most buy ins are only $3-$8, so it's nice when I just want to spend a few bucks, and not have to spend $20+ buying tokens.

That doesn't mean that the video quality complaint isn't valid, though. I did a Skype with a favorite, today, and even she commented how much better the quality and aspect ratio is on Skype over MFC. She mentioned she hates how MFC crops to 4:3, so she has to be further away from her cam to have all of her in frame (and she's all of 5' to 5'1"), as an example. So, it's not just members who think MFC has to enter the 21st century in terms of video codecs and aspect ratios.

While I don't often visit CB, it does have 16:9 aspect ratios and at least 720p video, if the model's internet can support it. Streamate, though, has the overall best quality of video of any cam site I have visited.
I'd love to see 720p, but not sure I agree about the aspect ratio. Pretty much all the models I visit are at least a little bit taller than they are wide, so they'd only fill that width lying down side on. For g/g (or b/g in CB) I can kindof see the advantage, but even then it's either just a smaller (vertically) window, or you have to have to make the chat super-skinny, which doesn't really fit with a social site. For a private based site like SM, I 100% agree that HD and full screen (or nearly so) makes perfect sense. Maybe if MFC added a 16:9 option for privates that would add value.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I'd love to see 720p, but not sure I agree about the aspect ratio. Pretty much all the models I visit are at least a little bit taller than they are wide, so they'd only fill that width lying down side on. For g/g (or b/g in CB) I can kindof see the advantage, but even then it's either just a smaller (vertically) window, or you have to have to make the chat super-skinny, which doesn't really fit with a social site. For a private based site like SM, I 100% agree that HD and full screen (or nearly so) makes perfect sense. Maybe if MFC added a 16:9 option for privates that would add value.

Maybe get a real monitor if the cam size seems too big for the chat? :p

But, seriously, the size of the cams doesn't seem to impact the chat as much as you might think. I'm only on a 24" 1080p monitor and the chat size on SM look fine. Large enough to read. Even the 4:3 CB cams are a better quality than MFC, in most cases (since I didn't feel like searching for 16:9 cams on there). The following screens are examples of being inside rooms on each site, with the cams at their default size, with the browser fullscreen (do people use browsers in non-fullscreen mode normally?); they're large, so I'll make them thumbnails (note: Chrome's download bar was up, so I didn't add that in, so the ratio might seem off):
smcam.PNG
cbcam.PNG
mfccam.PNG

Yes, the SM chat window is smaller, but it's hardly unreadable/too small, even with a 16:9 cam.

But, you can really see where MFC's 640x480 "HD" resolution falls apart if you make the cam fullscreen by double clicking on it. Way too pixelated. Of course you can't chat on any of the sites if their cams are in fullscreen mode, so that might be a moot point.

Now, for people on older 4:3 monitors, yes, I could see where SM's larger cams, and even CB's widescreen cams might be a bigger issue in regards to the chat size.

Status
Not open for further replies.