AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate - 2020 Year In Review

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Them saying the models who used the promote feature earned more in that next hour, is very unfair and I think saying that 1 hour is very wrong - too much time. I mean, from what models have told me from using that feature, all the users who come to them from it soon go. They don't stick around for up to an hour and don't tip.
So I don't think they are basing that result from the actual people who have clicked you during that 5 minute promo period, although i'd love more stats on that specific - earning during that, i would say during the promo period + an additional 10 - 15 minutes

Upvote 0
I have to admit that almost all of the results seem unexpected or strange to me, for example the tags-statistics or the visitors by age or by device type (but I assume that the average age would have been higher and the percentage of mobile devices would have been lower if not all logged in users but only paying users had been counted). And when I see the browser statistics, I understand why Chaturbate-support gives a low priority to fixing bugs with Firefox and just says to use Chrome...

But what seems really strange to me is the spy-statistics. "Broadcasters who use spy shows earn 13x more on average from private shows than those who don’t."

Really??? I would really like to know what the calculation basis for this value was...

Since nearly all models request less tokens per minute for spying than for privates, an average of about 20 spyers would have to spy to a pvt. Inconceivably. If also the tips a model receives during a pvt are counted, it becomes even more unimaginable, because in my experience almost no one who spies on a pvt gives big tips during spying. The only thing I can imagine is that the percentage of models who have activated the spy function is higher of models with high pvt-rates per minute than of models with lower pvt-rates per minute. And that the difference comes from the fact that models with activated spy function have a significantly higher basic price per minute for privates than models without activated spy function. But even if this interpretation would be correct, the factor 13 is still unimaginably high.

"Broadcasters who do private shows, have fanclubs, or sell pics/videos earn 10x more in tips on average." That sounds plausible to me because I have the impression that most of the successful models have fan clubs or sell pictures/videos, while small rooms with few spectators often don't offer this.

Upvote 0
Them saying the models who used the promote feature earned more in that next hour, is very unfair and I think saying that 1 hour is very wrong - too much time. I mean, from what models have told me from using that feature, all the users who come to them from it soon go. They don't stick around for up to an hour and don't tip.
So I don't think they are basing that result from the actual people who have clicked you during that 5 minute promo period, although i'd love more stats on that specific - earning during that, i would say during the promo period + an additional 10 - 15 minutes
And hour is not too long because if new users come in they aren't necessarily going to just start dropping tokens immediately. Also you can't rely on anecdotal evidence over whatever stats they have available to them. Of course they could be making things but but we dont know for sure.

The tag data is interesting.

I rarely have anyone spy on my pvt shows and hardly make anything from pics/videos/fan club... but my follower count is low and my room is rarely busy. I used Promoted several times but it never bought in users that stuck around and tipped.

I think it's not that they make more from those features, just that models who have them earn more. It could be an external factor, like perhaps models with those features are the more likely to cam more or put more effort into camming etc. I will say in my own case however videos have always been a large part of my earnings, at one point up it was 20-30%.

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
I earn most of my money on CB thru privates...always have since I started. I make a little thru the spy function but not that much. Interesting to see how the majority of users are in the youngest age category by far.

Upvote 0
I check my private shows . usually got like 3.-5 people spying , so yeah good extra money , in fact this way i double the private price at least double . Usually i wait till the room is busy lots users , then i start telling that private show is open , im ready, to be sure ill get lots spy, in the beggining till everyone show up tell them i need to worm up first ,) so yes , if i get 90tk per min per pvt , i also get 90.150 more from spy per min ..

Upvote 0
Visitors by age would be shocking if there were some other way to verify it but clearly what it really means is there are a lot of older guys saying they're younger. If it had data on average penis size I'm sure it would be 7.5" or something equally skewed.
True, I mean I think a lot put a false location too. Too bad there is no way to get the real age or location. There should be, since I’m sure there is a large underage(illegal) population on their too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.