AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Account got hacked

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2020
Chaturbate Username
Ben_dover10
Hello!

I recently got my chaturbate account hacked. I never thought I would be one of those people that would fall for a phishing scheme. But here I am :( I got an email saying I had been reported by multiple users and that I need to verify my account. The thing is, I never have gmail open but I just randomly had it open this time. I was also smoking a handrolled cigarette on cam and thought maybe that was the reason I got this email. (and it was super late at night, so I wasn't thinking straight) But anyways, I clicked the link and typed in my username and password AND one of my backup codes. In hindsight, I can't believe I was that dumb haha.

The hackers got access into my cb account and my gmail account. Luckily, that gmail account is only attached to my chaturbate account and only that. I'm still a little worried they somehow could gain access to my other gmail accounts but I don't think they did yet as far as I know. I have changed all my passwords but I am still locked out of my chaturbate account. I'm just a little panicked because my banking information is on there for direct deposit, so I really hope they can't gain access to my banking information. I'm sure they took all my tokens out of my account (just a little over $100 dollars worth) and chaturbate support has been rather slower than usual with responding to me. I'm just a little paranoid with each passing day if there is anything more that they are going to try to get out of me. I removed them from my email account and took all the security steps within my gmail. I'm just paranoid that they can still somehow see my gmail messages like when I verify my ID to cb support (actual support).

Sorry for all the rambling, I guess I just want to know how many people have had experience with this and how it turned out for them? I'm hoping the worst has already happened and they just wanted to steal my tokens. But I'm a little worried about identity theft as well. Do you think chaturbate support will be able to help me and get my tokens back at least? I'm pretty broke right now so I could use all the help as I can get. And yes, I definitely learned my lessons about not falling for those damn emails :( Thanks for reading, and again, my apologies for the rambling. I'm still a little panicked and not thinking straight...

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
I got one of those emails a few days ago. I could tell it was fake because the email address was @ chaturbate-info.com instead of @ chaturbate.com. By hovering over the verification link on the follow-up email i could see some strange website with the word chaturbate-verification in it and it sounded anything but legit. I double checked my profile and it was still active so I screen-shotted both and sent them to support.

These scams are designed to make you panic and rush in without taking the time to think or do your research.

• Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou and DoD404
Upvote 0
I got one of those emails a few days ago. I could tell it was fake because the email address was @ chaturbate-info.com instead of @ chaturbate.com. By hovering over the verification link on the follow-up email i could see some strange website with the word chaturbate-verification in it and it sounded anything but legit. I double checked my profile and it was still active so I screen-shotted both and sent them to support.

These scams are designed to make you panic and rush in without taking the time to think or do your research.
Thanks, yeah I can’t believe I fell for that. I keep thinking of all these excuses to why I did but now I just have to think of damage control. I’m just a little worried about what the hackers are capable of. I hope it was just for a token grab but it’s easy to think of worst case scenarios. But yeah I can’t stop kicking myself how I reacted so quickly without noticing the signs.

Upvote 0
Hello!

I recently got my chaturbate account hacked. I never thought I would be one of those people that would fall for a phishing scheme. But here I am :( I got an email saying I had been reported by multiple users and that I need to verify my account. The thing is, I never have gmail open but I just randomly had it open this time. I was also smoking a handrolled cigarette on cam and thought maybe that was the reason I got this email. (and it was super late at night, so I wasn't thinking straight) But anyways, I clicked the link and typed in my username and password AND one of my backup codes. In hindsight, I can't believe I was that dumb haha.

The hackers got access into my cb account and my gmail account. Luckily, that gmail account is only attached to my chaturbate account and only that. I'm still a little worried they somehow could gain access to my other gmail accounts but I don't think they did yet as far as I know. I have changed all my passwords but I am still locked out of my chaturbate account. I'm just a little panicked because my banking information is on there for direct deposit, so I really hope they can't gain access to my banking information. I'm sure they took all my tokens out of my account (just a little over $100 dollars worth) and chaturbate support has been rather slower than usual with responding to me. I'm just a little paranoid with each passing day if there is anything more that they are going to try to get out of me. I removed them from my email account and took all the security steps within my gmail. I'm just paranoid that they can still somehow see my gmail messages like when I verify my ID to cb support (actual support).

Sorry for all the rambling, I guess I just want to know how many people have had experience with this and how it turned out for them? I'm hoping the worst has already happened and they just wanted to steal my tokens. But I'm a little worried about identity theft as well. Do you think chaturbate support will be able to help me and get my tokens back at least? I'm pretty broke right now so I could use all the help as I can get. And yes, I definitely learned my lessons about not falling for those damn emails :( Thanks for reading, and again, my apologies for the rambling. I'm still a little panicked and not thinking straight...
I'm very sorry to hear about this. Support has advised that they've been able to assist with your ticket. As mike_aussie mentioned, if Support ever contacts you via email, it will be from the support@chaturbate.com email address.

Upvote 0
I'm very sorry to hear about this. Support has advised that they've been able to assist with your ticket. As mike_aussie mentioned, if Support ever contacts you via email, it will be from the support@chaturbate.com email address.
Yeah looks like they took care of it! All of my tokens are still there as well. Which makes me wonder what they even did. Do you think it’s worth changing my email? Or should two step security be enough? I’m definitely going to be more cautious. Thanks for the help

Upvote 0
Yeah looks like they took care of it! All of my tokens are still there as well. Which makes me wonder what they even did. Do you think it’s worth changing my email? Or should two step security be enough? I’m definitely going to be more cautious. Thanks for the help

Better to be safe than sorry and change as much as you possibly can.

Upvote 0

OMG yes it's worth changing every piece of information they had any access to. Information is much more valuable than $100 in tokens. Scrub everything.

And stop clicking links in emails. Chaturbate doesn't give out warnings. They just ban with impunity.

Upvote 0
Unless I'm mistaken, smoking on cam isn't an issue. Drugs and alcohol are (and includes weed).

In any event, you should change everything. Make a new gmail account and delete the old one. Needless to say, change all your passwords.

Upvote 0
OMG yes it's worth changing every piece of information they had any access to. Information is much more valuable than $100 in tokens. Scrub everything.

And stop clicking links in emails. Chaturbate doesn't give out warnings. They just ban with impunity.

Haha... If I was drinking coffee at the moment, I'd be spitting it out.

• Funny!
Reactions: Ben_dover10
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.