AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate account hacked and deleted - possible to restore?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2016
Hello,

In the night of new years eve my account was hacked. All my token were sent to a seemingly random broadcaster from the philippines. When I found out immediately contacted the support about it and changed my password.

A lot of back and forth with the chaturbate support and was going on and in the meantime my account was hacked again and the password changed. The account page was still available, but the password recovery was not working. I tested the password recovery on another account I had full control with, but it wasn't working there as well. Seems like the password recovery of chaturbate has issues.

I contacted the chaturbate account about this as well.

Today chaturbate recovered my token on a new account I made and verified. I was so glad. But unfortunately no news about my lost account.

Little did I know, the hacker seemed to have deleted my main account. When I tried to celebrate my restored token with a show, the password was still not working and the account page https://chaturbate.com/rebelmilkshakekitten was not available anymore. I lost all my followers and there for a lot of my work of the past months. My channel was finally getting big and I was on the first site regularly before this all happened. I feel crushed. I immediately contacted the support again, but they seemed not to understand. I only got an answer not related to my problem. No answer since then. It is hard for me to wait for the support again in this state. I already had a lot of off time already.

Is it possible to restore my account, once it was deleted? Is their somebody who knows a similar case?

People tell me to move on and use another cam service, problem is I love the site. I love the apps and the design and all the users that support me regularly and hang out with me.

I would really appreciate any answer, especially from shirley who seems to care for the broadcasters.

Sorry for the long post.

I hope your
password is not password

I am not sure about how common this is or how to fix it. But if someone did hack into your account I would try to see how that happened whether it was from a bad password or phishing attack, etc.

Aah I see the old Chaturbate school of customer service has another satisfied patron.

Seriously they seem to be run by total amateurs or clowns or maybe amatuer clowns. I wish you all the best but judging by previous threads I wouldnt hold my breath on any kind of detailed response.

Thanks for the replies. My account was restored today, unfortunately without my followers. Only 5 followers left.

I contacted support again about this. Let's keep our fingers crossed it is possible to get back my followers.

xx rebel

On a distantly related note, I had a member account on Chaturbate. Had not logged in for some months and had not bought tokens in about 6 months or more and those were long gone. When I went to log on, there was a note that my account was cancelled for violating their rules. I emailed them and they said it was because I had done chargebacks. I have never done a chargeback anywhere and had not even spent any tokens in months. They never responded when I wrote them and told them. I know I was not a big spender there but that could have changed in the future but now, never.

They told me they are working on a way to restore my followers. I hope that is true.

Maybe your user dates were hacked too. My boyfriends password with a HUGE and safe password was hacked and deleted recently too.

Problem is, they have no options to secure your accound additionally (via handy app or login code list or something) with accounts that holds thousands of dollars. You can even change the password and delete the account without a verification e-mail. Maybe they even have a security leak in their system. I can only take a guess.

This weekend I will reset all my computers und passwords again. Hopefully I am safe then. If not I have to change the cam site because this guy is harassing us non stop.

Website is an abomination. Boyfriends account still not recovered, followers not restored, no answer from their customer support for a week. Instead my account is losing upvotes on a daily basis. So many security issues with this website and they do not even try to improve it. Nobody who cares for you and the thousands of dollars you made for this website or tells you he is sorry. Well time to move on to a better site.

Reactions: Osmia and Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.