AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate New Tag issue & possible bug

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2021
Greetings, I hope you're all doing great! I find this forum to be extremely helpful and I'm grateful it went under my radar.
Here's the story,

I signed up and got age verified on CB a couple of months ago, I wasn't aware of the new tag's advantages so I lost the opportunity to use it (since I started streaming about a month later). When I was ready, I started broadcasting for the first time and I had almost zero viewers in my room for about an hour. I stopped the streaming. Then I was informed about the new tag and the initial promotion that it can provide so I contacted support, explained the situation, asked it back and they gave it to me (as viewers confirmed).

The issue is that even if I technically had the new tag on, I could NEVER get more that 7 viewers in my room! They were around 4 the whole time. This wasn't a total disaster since I could get some PVTs out of them, but still, having such a low amount of viewers was so damn frustrating. Especially when other models with the new tag on have hundreds or thousands of viewers in their room! In my opinion, I had a very appealing appearance and an interesting background so I'm not quite sure if this was the problem.
After reading a post here about a model (not only one actually) complaining that her/his account had some kind of "glitch" that was affecting viewers' traffic, I contacted support asking for them to check it out. They confirmed that they found no issues with my account. The problem continued, I got desperate (never showed it online) and took a break from camming.

Yesterday I created a new account and I'm planning to ask for my old username back. I haven't got verified yet and I hope to be provided with a new tag as soon as I do this.

What are your thoughts on that? Any ideas on what's going on? Have you ever encounter anything similar? Is there anything I could have done or do to handle it better?
Your help would be very very appreciated.

Reactions: blayze_noir
@Tia_Raine I had the same thing happen when I signed up as a new model. I never was assigned the new tag. It definitely would have helped! I hope they can get this fixed for you.

@Tia_Raine I had the same thing happen when I signed up as a new model. I never was assigned the new tag. It definitely would have helped! I hope they can get this fixed for you.
They gave it to me eventually, the problem is not only that it never worked, but also that my account had some kind of "shadowban"!
Thank you, I hope you did great without it anyway

Reactions: blayze_noir
They gave it to me eventually, the problem is not only that it never worked, but also that my account had some kind of "shadowban"!

Out of curiosity, did they actually tell you your account was “shadowbanned?” I’ve never heard of that on CB and I’m curious what scenarios would cause it.

Glad you got it sorted out.

I started out ok. But now, not-so-much. I am reading on so many forums that things are tough all over for male cammers. I haven't made much of anything in weeks. Reading all the stories from other male cammers is disheartening. I'm trying different things to see if I can get an audience back... more precisely a *tipping* audience

Out of curiosity, did they actually tell you your account was “shadowbanned?” I’ve never heard of that on CB and I’m curious what scenarios would cause it.

Glad you got it sorted out.
No, they kept insisting that everything was working appropriately. Other models that faced the same problem are talking about some bug, that the only way (beside asking CB for bud check) they could get rid of it, was deleting their account and creating a new one

I started out ok. But now, not-so-much. I am reading on so many forums that things are tough all over for male cammers. I haven't made much of anything in weeks. Reading all the stories from other male cammers is disheartening. I'm trying different things to see if I can get an audience back... more precisely a *tipping* audience
I see. I can't imagine how much willing and patience it takes to keep fighting for it as a man. Wish you the best!

No, they kept insisting that everything was working appropriately. Other models that faced the same problem are talking about some bug, that the only way (beside asking CB for bud check) they could get rid of it, was deleting their account and creating a new one

The bug where you don't show up on model list is super super rare and i've never seen it constantly happen to the same model. You can search for your model name at https://www.cbhours.com/search.php and scroll down so the session details and see if you didn't show up on the list during your broadcast. There are a lot of new tag models, sometimes things just don't go well, right now i see 3 on first page, 4 on 2nd page, but there are about 350 models broadcasting with a new tag.

If you decide to start over and you feel like somethings wrong just DM me the CB name and I can take a look and see if I notice anything that may explain it.

The bug where you don't show up on model list is super super rare and i've never seen it constantly happen to the same model. You can search for your model name at https://www.cbhours.com/search.php and scroll down so the session details and see if you didn't show up on the list during your broadcast. There are a lot of new tag models, sometimes things just don't go well, right now i see 3 on first page, 4 on 2nd page, but there are about 350 models broadcasting with a new tag.

If you decide to start over and you feel like somethings wrong just DM me the CB name and I can take a look and see if I notice anything that may explain it.
Yes, I'll probably start over tomorrow...Thank you, I'll keep that in mind!

Yes, I'll probably start over tomorrow...Thank you, I'll keep that in mind!
Best of luck to you, having the new tag is a bit of 'luck of the draw', but from the look of your old account and it (and you) does look very nice.

IMO one thing you should consider is; how do I present myself in the thumbnail on the homepage, this is your selling card, and what tempts users to take a closer look.

If I see a performer sitting in a chair, looking uninterested or checking her phone I will probably skip her room, but if I see someone smiling seeming to have a good time I will take a closer look.

Best of luck to you, having the new tag is a bit of 'luck of the draw', but from the look of your old account and it (and you) does look very nice.
Thank you, it was a lot of work q:
IMO one thing you should consider is; how do I present myself in the thumbnail on the homepage, this is your selling card, and what tempts users to take a closer look.

If I see a performer sitting in a chair, looking uninterested or checking her phone I will probably skip her room, but if I see someone smiling seeming to have a good time I will take a closer look.
Yes definitely! I never check on my phone when show is on and I always use all my excitement and positive energy.
I think this is part of why I had pvt requests every time, even if there were only two or three viewers watching.
I just dream bigger, you know...More people, more fun ; )

UPDATE

Last week I started with my new account. I did get the new tag and everything seemed to work fine. I never exceed the amount of 200 viewers in my room, I'm generally satisfied though. Now that new tag ended I have dramatically lower number of viewers, but I'm steadily building a really nice community!

UPDATE

Last week I started with my new account. I did get the new tag and everything seemed to work fine. I never exceed the amount of 200 viewers in my room, I'm generally satisfied though. Now that new tag ended I have dramatically lower number of viewers, but I'm steadily building a really nice community!
Hi! So would you recommend me to make a new account? Did you get the new model tag with the new account?
I started July 8 but didn’t use the new model tag I only cammed for 2 of the 7 days and now almost 3 months later my room average is between 10-30 people.

Hi! So would you recommend me to make a new account? Did you get the new model tag with the new account?
I started July 8 but didn’t use the new model tag I only cammed for 2 of the 7 days and now almost 3 months later my room average is between 10-30 people.
Hello! You could ask Chaturbate support for the new tag first, explaining the situation. I did and yes they gave it to me for 7 days. I don't think it actually worked tho so I created a new account. Now, 2 almost 3 months after the new account creation and a whole week using the new tag, I still have around 10-20 viewers in my room. So I believe everything is relative and you should do as you feel. However , if you have no more than around 1000 followers and you can handle a week of full time streaming (at least 6 hours per day) then yes I would recommend you to make a new one, otherwise keep your already existing account and try to grow your community with your current schedule. I hope you figure this out and be successful!

Thank you! I emailed chaturbate support and no email back so I hope they give me the new tag or if they don’t I hope when I make a new account they will give me the new tag!

Status
Not open for further replies.