AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate rankings - how get to front page - is it $$$ or users or ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2020
I do not understand the rankings of Chaturbate. I think MFC is pretty much by $$$$ but again not sure if that gets them front page or not ? At chaturbate - If I am only big tipper in the room and am tipping lots - lets say 2,000 tokens in about 45 minutes - rankings seem to not move much. So its for sure not just $$$ at CB - the more registered users the higher the model page rank? Are the "anonmyous" accounts helping them? I think those accounts are sometimes supplies by a studio or something as I see models all of a sudden have 100 anonmyouse users and are zero registered users - seems too weird to be real. Anyways - how to get higher page rank at CB - anyone?

Anons have 0 impact.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
I do not understand the rankings of Chaturbate. I think MFC is pretty much by $$$$ but again not sure if that gets them front page or not ? At chaturbate - If I am only big tipper in the room and am tipping lots - lets say 2,000 tokens in about 45 minutes - rankings seem to not move much. So its for sure not just $$$ at CB - the more registered users the higher the model page rank? Are the "anonmyous" accounts helping them? I think those accounts are sometimes supplies by a studio or something as I see models all of a sudden have 100 anonmyouse users and are zero registered users - seems too weird to be real. Anyways - how to get higher page rank at CB - anyone?
chaturbate rank is not about the earnings , is about the registered users in the room ., so usuall models with a lot of followers are in first page , so is not you who can do something about it, is your model .. she need to do her best to have new and lots folowers daily .

There are many on this forum who know a lot more about this than I do, but my understanding is that CB is not very transparent on exactly how their ranking systems function.
Unsure if this is to try and avoid manipulation by software or other means, or just for commercial reasons.
But to many who have tried to figure it out, there is no clear pattern of number of users, number of tippers, total tokens earned, tokens earned per hour online, etc etc that seems to impact on page position.

There are many on this forum who know a lot more about this than I do, but my understanding is that CB is not very transparent on exactly how their ranking systems function.
Unsure if this is to try and avoid manipulation by software or other means, or just for commercial reasons.
But to many who have tried to figure it out, there is no clear pattern of number of users, number of tippers, total tokens earned, tokens earned per hour online, etc etc that seems to impact on page position.
I gave up trying to figure out CB's ranking system. I'm just chopping it up to being a favored room/rooms with CB itself based on registered region and the looks of the model that is appealing to CB staffers..
Please note that this is solely my opinion and my opinion alone. There is no proof of this. The ranking system will remain a mystery to many including myself.

chaturbate rank is not about the earnings , is about the registered users in the room ., so usuall models with a lot of followers are in first page , so is not you who can do something about it, is your model .. she need to do her best to have new and lots folowers daily .
yes I think you are right - as soon as they login - many registered come and they are top of page. I thought maybe length of show as some with 4.5 hours seems to make it to first page BUT that may only be the registered users. Cheers and thanks!

• Hugs
Reactions: anabeauty37
yes I think you are right - as soon as they login - many registered come and they are top of page. I thought maybe length of show as some with 4.5 hours seems to make it to first page BUT that may only be the registered users. Cheers and thanks!
Followers and registered users in the room are quite different, but I understand what @anabeauty37 means is that a large following receiving online notifications is likely to bring a reasonable number of those into the room.
It's a very interesting concept, given all the variables that could be applied, and as the analytics would be trended over time rather than a snapshot at a moment in time, you can't just look at absolutes;
For example, this model is at the top of page 1 right now, because she has 12,000 users in her room, has been online for 5 hours, and has received 30,000 tokens this show.
What happened yesterday, last week etc will likely be a ratings consideration surely?

EDIT: also wondered if the CB feedback (approval) rating has some impact on all this too, since a couple of idiots like to enter my friend's room, tip 25 and then leave thumbs down with annoying regularity. Grrr.

Last edited:
Just checked out the CB 'Top Cams' listing page. This is about a contest that assigns points to the top 10 rooms every minute, and then every hour a $10 prize goes to the number 1 room.
Unsure if the criteria for winning points (and therefore the contest) also apply to the overall site room ranking system, but this is a copy/paste from that page, stating how CB defines the 'Top Cams' contest:

How do points work?
Points are awarded every sixty (60) seconds, so it's easy to quickly get in on the action! If you are one of the top ten most viewed broadcasters in a given minute, you'll earn points! You can earn anywhere from 1-10 points per minute based on the amount of unique registered viewers that watch your cam for at least a minute. More viewers equals more points!

Reactions: Herein2020
Contest and position are different.

The core algorithm to CB position is simple, number of colored names in the room, if positional score is identical the tie breaker is who's online the longest. That's the core and will probably always be the core, they obviously like it (I know I do), if they wanted to go camscore they would have done it a long time ago and saved themselves the headache. In an attempt to curve abuse they have added additional factors and there's probably a lot of those by now. Maybe some make certain colored names not count, maybe some temporarily pull back the position of rooms considered stale, who knows? Lots of theories out there.

The core algorithm to CB position is simple, number of colored names in the room, if positional score is identical the tie breaker is who's online the longest. That's the core and will probably always be the core, they obviously like it (I know I do), if they wanted to go camscore they would have done it a long time ago and saved themselves the headache. In an attempt to curve abuse they have added additional factors and there's probably a lot of those by now. Maybe some make certain colored names not count, maybe some temporarily pull back the position of rooms considered stale, who knows? Lots of theories out there.
So true - one will never know - which is good - can't game the system. In the end if the model works consistently she will gain followers and position on the pages. I have known some models now for over a year and they do get first page for their main tag if they stay on long enough - usually over 3 hours - and once they get on that page they get more and more followers and more tippers and they make decent money. And for the most part they usually have 1 "whatle" that comes almost daily and pay for a good show AND yes that whale changes probably every 2 months but if they keep working the next whale will come AND for sure no whale comes if they aren't working =)

For example, this model is at the top of page 1 right now, because she has 12,000 users in her room, has been online for 5 hours, and has received 30,000 tokens this show.
What happened yesterday, last week etc will likely be a ratings consideration surely?
I would have to think so - if was my business I would promote the models that make the site the most money over a certain period - maybe its based on last 2 weeks as that is how they judge the colors of the users - dark purple being the biggest spenders.

I’ve seen speculation that regulars may not count as much, either as a “colored name in the room” or when they tip (meaning if a new visitor tips 1,000 and an established regular visitor tips 1,000 in the same room, the new guy’s tip will improve the models’ rank more than the regular’s will).

As other said, no idea if this is a true part of the algorithm or not. But just observing over weeks and months, it does look that way IMO. You can be a purple username with a large tipping history, but if it’s for the same few models every day, you’re not boosting the rank much (if at all).

Actually weird to think I could walk into a new models room, drop a huge tip and improve her rank, but can’t do the same for a model I visit all the time. If that’s really part of the algorithm, it sort of penalizes models for being able to establish loyal followings.

Actually weird to think I could walk into a new models room, drop a huge tip and improve her rank, but can’t do the same for a model I visit all the time. If that’s really part of the algorithm, it sort of penalizes models for being able to establish loyal followings.
Well it would open doors for heavy abuse i'm sure. It does seem to be the case that new people help you rank. Even afk purples make you lose rank it seems. Loyal regulars would provably make CB front page never changing thus leaving no room for new talent. Models wont be encouraged to work their asses off if they constantly had to compete against the same front page which kinda is already 50% like that but still a chance to be page 1 model if you break through

chaturbate rank is not about the earnings , is about the registered users in the room .

Which is so weird to me, because you would think it'd be about earnings. Lol. I remember when on MyFreeCams, models aiming for one of those top spots would be like "Come on, guys! We're almost at # ___!" And the pressure would be on for those tokens to come rolling in.

Reactions: odioso and Smoothie
I'm probably in a minority in this regard, but while I am fascinated on how the site rankings are determined, they don't tend to mean much to me personally.
On the rare occasion that I do go browsing around, I am unlikely to even look at page 1, because it typically has all the well-established and familiar performers on it.
The 'new' and 'promoted' tags barely last any time, so they don't draw me in either.
I'd be really interested to know if users who have been around for a while are the same, and if the whole page/ranking position debate is more intended to engage with new(ish) site members.

I'm probably in a minority in this regard, but while I am fascinated on how the site rankings are determined, they don't tend to mean much to me personally.
On the rare occasion that I do go browsing around, I am unlikely to even look at page 1, because it typically has all the well-established and familiar performers on it.
The 'new' and 'promoted' tags barely last any time, so they don't draw me in either.
I'd be really interested to know if users who have been around for a while are the same, and if the whole page/ranking position debate is more intended to engage with new(ish) site members.

I am the same way. Rarely look at the first page, usually skip directly to the middle pages (anywhere from 8-20 but there’s no rhyme or reason to which page I begin on, other than disregarding the top of the ranks). Nothing against the top ranked models, but it’s usually the same group or very similar from day to day. If I like those models, I probably already follow them.

A model’s rank has zero impact on whether or not I’ll visit her page, but the discussion about the algorithm fascinates me anyway. I’m the type of person that likes to figure things out. Some people do brain-teasers or jigsaw puzzles. I try to identify how things work. This mindset serves me well in my career. But I understand people who say “why do you care,” too. Because my own behavior as a CB member shows that I don’t care about rank, yet I still wonder how it works.

Which is so weird to me, because you would think it'd be about earnings. Lol. I remember when on MyFreeCams, models aiming for one of those top spots would be like "Come on, guys! We're almost at # ___!" And the pressure would be on for those tokens to come rolling in.

CB is making money from advertising, which is revenue they do not share with or disclose to the models. You would guess that this gives CB a reason to prioritize the number of bodies in a room who advertisers will pay for, over the revenue being generated to the model directly,on which CB is taking a smaller margin.

It would be interesting to see the real numbers there, which of course no one outside of CB is likely to have.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
To get to front page is based on how many viewers u have in a room. Ofc if ther are others that roughly have the same amount as you then u might end up on the second page. Seen girls on the front page with a few thousand viewers but few to no tippers.

If u only got a couple of people watching you but someone tipped 100k then u will still stay back in the lower pages.

• Wat?!
CB is making money from advertising, which is revenue they do not share with or disclose to the models.
If you register on exoticads you can actually see the stats (at least i think you can, i have money deposited in there so maybe thats required but i doubt it).

Granted the stats include some non-cb pages but we know the vast majority is going to be from CB, you can subtract any of the ones labeled "cam site" as those cant show up on chaturbate. Anyway if you go to "Buy Traffic" on the sub menu you can see "Top Ads Today" and "Network Stats" using those 2 items you might be able to get a decent idea but it would take some work because you'll have to go through the country options, at the least the "All of Tier" options.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
If you register on exoticads you can actually see the stats (at least i think you can, i have money deposited in there so maybe thats required but i doubt it).

Granted the stats include some non-cb pages but we know the vast majority is going to be from CB, you can subtract any of the ones labeled "cam site" as those cant show up on chaturbate. Anyway if you go to "Buy Traffic" on the sub menu you can see "Top Ads Today" and "Network Stats" using those 2 items you might be able to get a decent idea but it would take some work because you'll have to go through the country options, at the least the "All of Tier" options.
Make a wild guess, and if you are off by 100% your opinion is worth what we paid for it. :)

For example, assume there are 500 registered viewers in a room. How much advertising revenue might CB make from that over the course of an hour? You can use any assumptions you like, just make them explicit so others can improve on it in the future.

I click women - then the tag I like and I browse all the pages starting at 1 and going to the end - is usually 6 pages - and I can follow any I like just by clicking the star. I think the page 1 girls get the new money and that is the best money. I would guess the lifespan of 95% of the users is 2 months - the first credit card bill and lack of money stops them coming back. I can count on 1 hand the regulars i see in any room after 4 months (unless they found new tag they search but I think is unlikely as we are attracted the girls we are attracted to). I have been on the sites 16 months but I have $$$ - am in the 1% in life and in the sites =)

If I owned it then it would be about earnings for sure BUT MFC does also use camscore and I am not sure how that works - maybe its based on $$ too hahaha. But ya - who cares how many in a room - its how much they spend - that should put the top $$$ models front page in any normal world.

If I owned it then it would be about earnings for sure BUT MFC does also use camscore and I am not sure how that works - maybe its based on $$ too hahaha. But ya - who cares how many in a room - its how much they spend - that should put the top $$$ models front page in any normal world.
Is good this way , if you know how to entertain your room and to keep users in, you are in front page . In my opinion sites with camscore like mfc are painfull for models , you must stay on a lottt, beg for tokens to keep camscore, no life only camming and stress of camscore going down . . Also , what i saw in stripchat wich got camscore also , but in my opinion is kinda like chaturbate the users in the room decide the place u ranked not the camscore . I am not top earnings on stripchat and camscore isnt that big but when im on im still one of the first 3 ranked places , only becouse people wanna watch me and they following my room, so users rock ! :) And for sure sites need models to keep users on site and make them wanna spend , , i give you an example there was a top earnings model in cb , she was sitting all night watching telenovelas, bored ignoring everyone, and she got a french rich guy tipping her like 50k tks a day, she type bored thanks and back to tv :)) so she should be front page but whorst show ever )) so better this way keep users happy and manny of them will buy tokens sooner of later if the models are fun and not only lucky to get good $$ somehow . Also models will work like slaves non stop to keep up with earnings to stay up on page , again not good, lots part time models are doing great this way , will never have a chance if was ranked everyone becouse of earnings ., especialy studio will push models to stay on 24 h a day ..

Last edited:

Yes, MFC uses camscore, and you need to be receiving tokens to get your camscore up. Members using the "rate and admire" feature because they like you is a nice gesture, but tbh it's a useless feature that does absolutely nothing for your camscore or earnings. Spending tokens is the key. Having hundreds of members in your room means nothing if they're not spending, and just typing "BEST ON MFC, BOO!" and "Wut dat azz look like, ma?" :p

Is good this way , if you know how to entertain your room and to keep users in, you are in front page . In my opinion sites with camscore like mfc are painfull for models , you must stay on a lottt, beg for tokens to keep camscore, no life only camming and stress of camscore going down . . Also , what i saw in stripchat wich got camscore also , but in my opinion is kinda like chaturbate the users in the room decide the place u ranked not the camscore . I am not top earnings on stripchat and camscore isnt that big but when im on im still one of the first 3 ranked places , only becouse people wanna watch me and they following my room, so users rock ! :) And for sure sites need models to keep users on site and make them wanna spend , , i give you an example there was a top earnings model in cb , she was sitting all night watching telenovelas, bored ignoring everyone, and she got a french rich guy tipping her like 50k tks a day, she type bored thanks and back to tv :)) so she should be front page but whorst show ever )) so better this way keep users happy and manny of them will buy tokens sooner of later if the models are fun and not only lucky to get good $$ somehow . Also models will work like slaves non stop to keep up with earnings to stay up on page , again not good, lots part time models are doing great this way , will never have a chance if was ranked everyone becouse of earnings ., especialy studio will push models to stay on 24 h a day ..
very good point - expecially about studios - they have a lot of goals for the models - daily and weekly - most not last 3 months.

More shows how liked u r. Although if u get more negatives than positives then tippers will get a warning come up before they tip to know that the girl has a bad rating.

Always felt like with the eastern European studios that they have a sink or swim attitude towards the models, no real attempt to prepare them.

Reactions: bamdicted
very good point - expecially about studios - they have a lot of goals for the models - daily and weekly - most not last 3 months.
Also you said should be ranked by earnings, well years ago cb was posting weekly top earnings models and girls started to complain, they dont want others to know that they do lots money .. if they ranked by earnings mafia will come after them or taxes lol so better keep it secret . :giggle:

Reactions: Herein2020
Status
Not open for further replies.