AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate - what gives?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2017
Started modelling a couple months ago, have done probably about 15 shows in that time.

Tonight I just became really frustrated at the lack of viewers + tips and logged off in a bad mood (hid well from viewers of course)..
The lack of progression is becoming so frustrating. It seems that I can either make a couple of dollars or a couple hundred dollars per stream and there's no way of knowing which. But more often than not, it's like, 15 dollars, which feels like such a waste of time.

My stream was perfect - 1080p, 5000 kbps through OBS. No lagging. Using a professional mic, professional lighting kit. Using Lovense. I was smiling a lot, talking to everyone in the room. I'm cute, definitely above average, 100% satisfaction score. The guys that do stay in my room seem to REALLY like me and have even commented on the lack of viewers.

I decided to check my placement on the pages (the Trans section) and I was on.. page 4? Even though I had more viewers than most of the models on the previous pages. What gives here?? I can't tell if it's a technical issue or something that I need to improve on.

Reactions: XbambiX
4th page after 15 shows only and camming not frequently... seems not a bad beginning.

Then, never expect any constant progression. More : whatever you do or learn (Google "learning curve") don't fear regressions.
And take in account that you don't have anymore the label 'new'.
And yes : constant schedules and long shows help much. 2 weeks are really a long time for a break.

Yikes I was in a bad mood when I wrote this! The whole thing can just get so disheartening sometimes when you put so much work in to it.

My current schedule only allows me to work 3 - 4 hours per broadcast, 2 - 3 times a week. I now realize that is a small amount, but I just kind of have to work and adapt to those restrictions. It's a long learning process but I'm committed to it.

I need a little more consistency with my shows I think - I've been trying something new and different every show to see what works and what doesn't. Do viewers generally appreciate changing it up or is consistency key?

• Hugs
Reactions: QuinnLane
If you are unable to be consistent with camming, look at clip making too.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Camming fluctuates a lot, it's inevitable. Yesterday I had my best day EVER (so far) on cam, it was amazing, today I made literally $10 lmao.

I've been camming since Sept/October, semi-exclusively on Chaturbate since December, and my income is just starting to become more consistent/balanced as of April.

All you can do is keep doing your best, and constantly evaluating your shows to see what's working/what's not, coming up with new ideas, etc.

As a side note, I took a month off of CB after my first week and when I came back it was even busier than my "new" week so I dont think taking breaks makes a huge difference (my perspective tho).

Little update - things are kind of worse, I seem to be making less now, namely $30 over the past 3 shows which is just brutal, if I'm not making anything then what is the point ya know? Not having so much of a problem with viewer count, but just nobody is tipping. Like, aggressively. I logged off tonight like "I'd love to do a show guys but it's quiet in here so I'm gonna call it a night".

I'm giving Streamate a try, because it seems more reliable and honestly most users on Chaturbate seem freeload-y and / or maybe it's just not working for me.

Little update - things are kind of worse, I seem to be making less now, namely $30 over the past 3 shows which is just brutal, if I'm not making anything then what is the point ya know? Not having so much of a problem with viewer count, but just nobody is tipping. Like, aggressively. I logged off tonight like "I'd love to do a show guys but it's quiet in here so I'm gonna call it a night".

I'm giving Streamate a try, because it seems more reliable and honestly most users on Chaturbate seem freeload-y and / or maybe it's just not working for me.

Have you tried doing any ticket shows?

I split cam to 2-3 sites each time I go on. It has definitely helped keep income a little more stable and I have regular tippers on each site. I also tend to cam the same time each day during the week so I have a regular schedule. I am not camming the last few days due to health so it’ll be rough coming back as it always is slower when taking a few days break. You need consistency and perseverance. Only 15x over a few month period (assuming 3 months) is not consistent enough to expect really good results IMO

Get more eggs in your basket definitely will help. Do multiple sites. Do clip sites. Do PSO sites. Do sexting sites. Do indie Skype sites

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I logged off tonight like "I'd love to do a show guys but it's quiet in here so I'm gonna call it a night".

Camming successfully is about figuring out what your audience is thinking. Why aren't they tipping and what you are going to do to make them tip. This can only be learned through trial and error. When things aren't going your way you can either try a different approach or quit for the night. Since there is nothing to lose anyway you might as well stay and try your best to find a way to get the tokens you wanted. If you've been trying for a goal, remove the goal and do a game like keno. If that doesn't work then tease and try a hidden show. Sold only 3 tickets? explain your users that's not enough to do a ticket show, compensate the tippers with content and stay in public, try using an interactive toy. You know, switch it up, and don't quit until you've used all your cards. Eventually with experiencel you will learn to tell what users are thinking and will err less when fixing a shit day.

I’ve been camming on CB full time for couple years and it’s definitely true the more youre on the more you’ll earn. It’s kind of like going to a restaurant,if its never open or is only open a few hours here and there then it’s gonna be hard for that restaurant to keep regular customers.

I don’t put in as many hours as I should but even if it’s only for an hour I’ll sign on at my regular time 4+ nights a week. If I miss a few days in a row it takes a couple days for thing to pick up again.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Status
Not open for further replies.