AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Click2See.xxx - New on the block

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Click2See said:
If there are 1,700 performers online and you can't find ONE that tickles your fancy then YOU might have a problem lol :mrgreen:
lol word

So if you hope for about 20 girls online at a time with a rotation of 5 per day - that is your entire 100 models online every day for 5 hours each (small rounding upwards). This means every single girl needs to be active and working every single day of the week - giving a 35 hour working week.

mycamgirl could probably give you an "average hours" calculation fairly quickly for how long the average model stays online at MFC (discounting anything under 10 minutes perhaps) as to whether you are likely to hit that.

However, after some simple maths - I'd strongly suggest you increase the number of models, or alter expectations. For starters, the idea that all 100 models will work every single day is extremely far fetched. Either you'll have less online at any one time while maintaining the 100 figure, or need to increase the 100 figure - probably to 200. You'll quickly see how your model churn will be - I expect at the start it will be bad - simply because you won't have the traffic yet. Of course you could always email the models each week to give them some simple statistics - such as average number of visitors per day of the week, average length of stay per visitor - and ratio of visitors to paying members (and even numbers who tipped, average tip etc).

Giving models as much data as possible may give a very nice niche and be useful for models. I get the impression no site is open with such data to the models - yet it is easily collected and could be really useful for all parties involved.

Reactions: LadyLuna
If I were starting a new website I would have a period where the models get 100% payout.

Think about how things like facebook started, it was free, no advertising etc. They didn't make any money off it, eventually they brought in advertising and look how well it does. If they'd started off about the money, it may not have done nearly as well.

If you start it off knowing you won't make profit for say 2 months whilst you're gathering members/cliental you will have more models interested and enthusiastic about working. Also it means your models won't be losing out as much working on a new site with so much less traffic. If you let the models be aware that it is going to start off as that for the first few months and then you will start taking 40% they will understand. Whether they decide to leave afterwards doesn't really matter as you will have more regulars to the site and more models will be willing to work there.

Just an idea. Fact is, I won't leave mfcs to work a 5 hour shift on a site that chances as I'm going to be paid very little.
Also members knowing that the models will get 100% for the first few months may make members more interested and bring them in. Once that goes they already like the models working etc and enjoy the site. I don't know how much it costs to keep a site up and running, I can't imagine it's much, and like any business, you spend money at the beginning to make money.

Zoomer said:
mycamgirl could probably give you an "average hours" calculation [...]
That would be me :-D

Code:
MFC... In the last 30 days...

Models online ......................... 23,240

Avg. of models in ...
Free chat ............................. 912
Private chat .......................... 23
Group show ............................ 91
Away .................................. 12

Models with at least 1 private chat ... 11,564 (min. 5 minutes)
Models with at least 1 group show ..... 5,724  (min. 5 minutes)

Avg. of time in Private ............... 9m 10s
Avg. of time in Group ................. 16m 01s

>> Again, numbers relative to the last 30 days

Models known .......................... 81,504 (all models seen online since Mar 2011)

Other sites

Code:
Models online in the last 30 days...

LiveJasmin ..... 18,646 (*) (models are allowed to have two accounts online at same time)
Streamate ...... 11,822 (**)
ImLive ......... 9,510  (*)
Chaturbate ..... 9,493
XLoveCam ....... 4,891  (*)
Cams.com ....... 4,416  (*)
Flirt 4 Free.... 2,979  (*)

* Not counting boys and TS
** For privacy reasons Streamate excludes models from the feeds, so the number should be higher

See, interesting stuff :cool:

The average models online is (for simplicity) 1000, against an average total online in a period of 24000. That's 24k of active models, not the entire number of models - but does indicate you need 24X more models active than you'd like as the average online number.

Which means you'd need about 480 models to maintain 20 online... and it may be safe to say about 30% of models are active... which would mean you'd (over a year) need 1440 models.

But maybe you will be different - only one way to find out :) But I'd just urge to not be too fixed about numbers ;)

I work about 4 hours a day, 5-6 days a week. These have been my hours during the time in which I was the sole person making money and doing housework in a 2-person home, because the other person couldn't find a job that was willing to work with a school schedule.

Keep in mind, everybody needs days off. As models, we need days off to plan shows, thoroughly clean the camroom, do laundry, and give our lady-bits a break. Not to mention in order to keep our anger/frustration in check, come up with conversation topics, and experience life. And of course, email our fans/friends, and run errands. That doesn't include the 3-7 days a month (or once every 3 months) for our lady-time, and sick days, and taking days to go visit family and friends.

If you really want to have 20 models on all the time, you're going to need more than 100 models, EVEN IF they work 5-hour shifts.

Personally, I like to split my days up into 2-hour chunks, but I work on a site which focuses on making money in private and I've found that I need a break every few shows or my body starts to complain.

Thanks for all the good feedback and info!
As I stated before, our ULTIMATE goal would be to have 20 on at all times.
Considering we have girls that will be coming in everyday locally, that takes care of almost half.
We're starting that next week and anticipating the Sex on the Beach expo!
Stay tuned as I will be updating this thread daily =)
And for those who want to know how many hits we've been getting daily heres a screenshot from google analytics.
Now we just need online performers :hello2:
Follow us on twitter @click2seexxx
Have a splendid weekend all, I know ill be getting some much needed TLC beach time :dance:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-14 at 11.40.32 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-09-14 at 11.40.32 AM.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 232
Also don't forget that women aren't machines and for most women there is 1 week a month where doing certain things is not on the cards, those times we tend to be a lot more stressy too and many girls don't cam then because of it. I like your idea of having less girls, but I think you're still going to need quite a few working for the site. It's very easy to think numbers, but in practise you're dealing with real people who get ill/get other issues when they need to take time off. Many camgirls also cam because they're students/have kids/have a second job but need a bit extra. One of the main reasons I do it is because I can choose my own hours whenever I like. If you had 1000 girls signed up, chances are you'd still never have more than 20-30 girls online at the same time.

Of the first 100 models that sign up, how many will do 1 or 2 shows and never come back? How many will only do only 1 or 2 shows a week? I just don't see the 100 model limit working. When most members sign on and only see 5 or so models online thay won't stay long. As a member, why would I want to join a site that only hopes to have 10 models online at any given time when I can go to MFC or any of the other sites and have hundreds of rooms to chose from?
James

SrAwQ.jpg

:dance:

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Hey! you took my idea! :) I'm glad.

With the tokens the members get free, will the models still be paid for them? (just asking because on mygirlfund they give free messages to members and the models don't get paid for them (or informed they won't be before answering)

Isabella_deL said:

With the tokens the members get free, will the models still be paid for them? (just asking because on mygirlfund they give free messages to members and the models don't get paid for them (or informed they won't be before answering)

Why yes of course! Its just another investment on our behalf :whistle:
So for the record YOU WILL BE PAID REGARDLESS OF PAID OR BONUS TOKENS!!! :thumbleft:

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Do you accept models from the Philippines? since chaturbate appears to have banned them.

Isabella_deL said:

It was a good idea to get models interested, Isabella. :thumbleft: If they have the money to start the site, then they should have the money to afford the 90 day 100% payout to models as a business expense. After that 90 days, then it will go to the X/Y split. But that should be enough time for models to see if they want to stay there. Plus they also directly state it is only for 90 days and only if models sign up before October 1, 2012.

So it gives the models a small window to think it over while they are still in beta.

nzhere said:
Do you accept models from the Philippines? since chaturbate appears to have banned them.

Yes, we don't have a problem with that. We have two performers from the Philippines already. :-D

Well after some research I see they have passed a ban in the Philippines on Cybersex sex cams work.
So I guess we will not be able to accept any performers from there anymore :woops:

Click2See said:
Well after some research I see they have passed a ban in the Philippines on Cybersex sex cams work.
So I guess we will not be able to accept any performers from there anymore :woops:

So I assume you also won't be accepting models from Thailand, China, Romania, Colombia? etc etc

:think:

Reactions: Click2See
Aslong as there aren't any laws against cam work in the country of residence, then we'll accept.
Looks like its time to research some more. :handgestures-salute:

Reactions: LacieLaPlante
I guess really it depends where your site is registered if it comes down to it.

Most contracts in sites state that the model is NOT employed by the site and is merely a 3rd party using their service.

The models location shouldnt really come into it.

Has ANY site tried to ban Romanian models? or Colombian models? is there actually ANY legal reason to do so? :think: and cam modeling has always been illegal in the Philippines it didn't stop MFC and other sites allowing them....

The only legal issue could be sending payments offshore to bank accounts. Payoneer seems happy to allow Phiippines models to use their card service.

Question. 90 days before 1st of October?

Do you mean "100% of revenue until 1st January 2013 for all signing up", or do you mean "100% revenue for 90 days if you sign up before October 1st, but if you sign up from that date forward you get 50%" (or whatever the base is)?

Only ask as whilst it gives a strong incentive to sign up before that date, wasn't sure if it's a hard cut off or they get x days instead.

Isabella_deL said:
According to the model from the Philippines who had been on Bongacams it isn't illegal there, just a lot of people think it is because of the church.

No, it is illegal. They consider it about the same as prostitution. Link

Zoomer said:
Question. 90 days before 1st of October?

Do you mean "100% of revenue until 1st January 2013 for all signing up", or do you mean "100% revenue for 90 days if you sign up before October 1st, but if you sign up from that date forward you get 50%" (or whatever the base is)?

Only ask as whilst it gives a strong incentive to sign up before that date, wasn't sure if it's a hard cut off or they get x days instead.

Just to clarify, performers that sign on BEFORE October 1st can take advantage of our 100% for 90 days offer. :thumbleft:

My questions:

First of all, can I sign up with the name I use on other sites? Or does it have to be unique to your site?

Second... your contract doesn't have a place to sign.

Third, and this is more of me nitpicking... but it looks like your rules were taken directly word-for-word from the MFC model wiki. If that's not the case, I apologize. I don't have the best memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.