AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Clicked on a streamate recruiting link by accident, am I fucked

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2023
This is horrible timing because I was just going to delete and re-sign up to streamate to change my username. Reading industry articles and accidentally clicked on a streamaterecruiting.com link, am I going to be trapped in a studio now -.-

I'm no expert but I really doubt just clicking on this, or any, link will make you tied to the studio as long as you didn't fill anything out on the linked site. Signing up throught the link yes, sure. But one click? I don't think so. They don't have you signing their contract. The "worst" that I believe can happen is signing under someone's affiliate link that you werent plannig to use, but from what I understand that's also possible to fix by removing cookies before signing up.

Please someone smarter than me confirm so @redsilk can stop making these posts about accidentally clicking on something 😉

Upvote 0
Mika is correct. Clicking on links arent going to screw you. You filling out their forms is. If clicking on links was the case i would have been fucked years ago. The only links you never wanna click are links users sends you. I think you are being overly cautious. I also recommend using additional virus and security program instead of basic windows firewall for extra protection in case you do click on a suspicious link.

If you go to a site and you no longer want their site coming up into your history, clear your cache/history. Mind doing so will log you out of all your logged in accounts like social media or shopping.

Also streamaterecruiting is streamate im pretty sure. But when you are ready to sign up for streamate again with streamatemodels.com

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I am definitely extremely suspicious of those studio links and I tend to be paranoid (could probably even get a dx for it, but not 10000% certain!), when I VERY first started streamate years ago, before I really committed, I signed up with a studio with my best friend and had no idea what a studio was. I'm always worried about stuff not being able to clear from my cache and like stuff. What anti-virus do you guys use? I only use is ublock origin and I sometimes pay for the pro version of malwarebytes but I don't think it's enough. I do use Firefox as a browser but that's obviously not going to protect from much

Upvote 0
What anti-virus do you guys use? I only use is ublock origin
i could be wrong but i think ublock is an adblocker. i use bitdefender antivirus pro. there are probably better ones, but that's the one i recently downloaded after googling best anti virus 2023.

Upvote 0
Oh hell, now I accidentally clicked on some link that brought me to sexfriendfinder, this fuckme .io site, and some other sketchy shit. That fuckme one looks like a white label for sex panther, is it? Some of the really weird ones were like rightdesigion, Longstreet, st1net, crmeantjg

Am I going to have issues now

Upvote 0
Oh hell, now I accidentally clicked on some link that brought me to sexfriendfinder, this fuckme .io site, and some other sketchy shit. That fuckme one looks like a white label for sex panther, is it? Some of the really weird ones were like rightdesigion, Longstreet, st1net, crmeantjg

Why not just sign up on a known site. Stop clicking random shit lol…

But like .. other then maybe getting some adware you’ll be fine?

Upvote 0

Just stop clicking on random links. How many of these threads are you going to make? 😛

If you know that SextPanther is the real deal (which it IS), then fuck all those really weird SextPanther "lookalike" sites that you named. If it's SextPanther that you want, just sign up directly on SextPanther. Stop doing this to yourself. Lol.

Upvote 0
This is horrible timing because I was just going to delete and re-sign up to streamate to change my username. Reading industry articles and accidentally clicked on a streamaterecruiting.com link, am I going to be trapped in a studio now -.-
Hello,

Streamaterecruiting.com is actually one of our official websites, so no studio involved. :) I'd love to help you out with the new account, could you please drop me a private message in regards to this?

Many thanks,

Izabela

• Hugs
Reactions: redsilk
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.