AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CoD Black Ops - Not fit for purpose

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2010
Teesside, UK
have just spotted this on the yahoo home page, is an interesting development for the game. also what does this mean for MFC?
BLACK OPS REPORTED TO OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING [PS3]
Tuesday January 25, 02:54 PM
Issues affecting the biggest-selling videogame of 2010 have prompted lobbyists to haul Activision before the authorities.

‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ was the biggest game of last year, the latest in a long-line of highly polished first-person shooters. As with its predecessors that include the ‘Modern Warfare’ off-shoot series, ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ was highly praised for its gripping solo campaign, but most important of all one of the best online multiplayer experiences on console or PC.

Since launch, however, the PlayStation 3 and PC versions of ‘Black Ops’ have suffered technical problems relating to online gameplay. Indeed the ongoing bugs and connection difficulties have become such an issue for users that gaming lobbyist group Gamer’s Voice has decided to report ‘Black Ops’ publisher Activision to the Office of Fair Trading.

Gamer’s Voice, an independent pressure group formed by Labour MP Tom Watson in 2009, is contesting that ‘Black Ops’ fails to function as advertised. Indeed the problems affecting ‘Black Ops’ online are such that this aspect of the game is “rendered almost useless.” The list of highlighted problems in an open letter to the OFT reads:
"Sudden disconnections from online multiplayer game sessions"
"Inability to join servers that play host to multiplayer game sessions"
"Freezing of PlayStation 3 console, forcing the user to reset it"
"Main menu freezing as the game is started on the PC version"

After establishing that ‘Black Ops’ simply is “not functioning as intended”, the open letter presented to the OFT closes by saying “It is clear that Call of Duty: Black Ops for the PlayStation 3 and PC is not ‘as described’; of a satisfactory quality or fit for purpose i.e. to entertain, which was stressed at the time of its release.”

You can read “An open letter from Gamers' Voice to the OFT regarding Activision” on the Gamer’s Voice website, found at http://gamersvoice.org.uk/

It will be interesting to see how Activision responds, and ultimately find out where the responsibility lies.

If you want the original article it is here http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.co...eported-to-office-of-fair-trading-21be16.html

Fenix001 said:
have just spotted this on the yahoo home page, is an interesting development for the game. also what does this mean for MFC?
What does that mean for MFC? I was thinking it meant more for the gaming world than the camgirl world. :think:

And yeah I think Black Ops sucks and if I was to pickup an FPS game I'd be on Modern Warfare 2. All the issues described above make it not worth playing.

And this is why Treyarch have always been the inferior CoD developer. Yes MW2's multiplayer is unbalanced at times but at least the game itself functions properly.

It's a shame real Infinity Ward got dismantled. :sad10:

gotta admit i have made a determined effort not to buy any more games until i clear the backlog (including witcher enhanced edition and bioshock 2)

in reply to amber, in respect to mfc surely it can be claimed that mfc is not for purpose. although i don't fancy taking it to court exactly.

AmberCutie said:
Fenix001 said:
What does that mean for MFC? I was thinking it meant more for the gaming world than the camgirl world. :think:

And yeah I think Black Ops sucks and if I was to pickup an FPS game I'd be on Modern Warfare 2. All the issues described above make it not worth playing.

Blacks Ops doesn’t suck it worth playing for campaign mode and extra like Zombie mode as for Modern Warfare 2 the same problems was happening to them just like Black Ops and now with Infinity Ward got dismantled just like BloodRed87 said they in the boat as Black Ops. If you buy a game just for multiplayer mode than your just wasting your money.

theend757 said:
AmberCutie said:
Fenix001 said:

Blacks Ops doesn’t suck it worth playing for campaign mode and extra like Zombie mode as for Modern Warfare 2 the same problems was happening to them just like Black Ops and now with Infinity Ward got dismantled just like BloodRed87 said they in the boat as Black Ops. If you buy a game just for multiplayer mode than your just wasting your money.
I would bet that a good portion buy the CoD games for multiplayer. Even if most do finish campaign, that wasn't the purpose of their purchase. The issues that Black Ops has on multiplayer do suck, hence the masses being so disappointed. I'm not alone on my feeling, and others have also reverted back to MW2 for great multiplayer FPS.

I’m not disappointed and my friends not either because your just reading what people said. We are playing the game and seeing what problems there are in the game. People complain this and that Im still watching them playing the game black op. I even ask if they wanna play wm2 and they decide not too. The same thing in the past when WM2 first come out. Complain and everybody reverted back to cod4. I gave a chance to WM2 and Im going to do the same for Black Ops. If I had to reverted back I rather play cod4 modern warfare than mw2.

I played it myself, not just reading what others are saying. Aside from adding the Zombie missions and a token system for buying gear instead of just leveling into it, it's the same thing as MW2, just with new maps and lots of glitches. I also don't like the CTF matches on BO because it's capped. I want to be able to cap over and over again if I'm kicking the other team's ass. Things like that aside from the connectivity issues will keep me with MW2.

It's great that you're giving it a chance though. I'm sure you'll continue to like it. Some of us are just picky about the product. To each their own.

Anyone here actually play Blackops for pc lemme know.
Vid a clanmate made.

Websire is XRGamers.com we do blacksops,bfbc2 and are gonna be doing bf3 andcrysis 2

Yea second chance is kind of annoying when you shooting them and think they dead but they on the gound and %95 they end up killing you because of that second chance crap. But it ok I piss them off using a Tomahawk when they on the ground. I only have two class that has a tomahawk equip.

this game was just annother indication of why the call of duty series should be put to rest.
FAIL, FAIL and oh yeah!! FAIL.

Divine said:
this game was just annother indication of why the call of duty series should be put to rest.
FAIL, FAIL and oh yeah!! FAIL.
Liking you more and more with every post I read. ;)

Out of the CoD series I've only played the first Modern Warfare. It's fun enough as a sorta cinematic experience, but sweet jesus I hate the game mechanic of "never-ending enemies until YOU reach that magical checkpoint". Meh. The way I see it, the only reason the series is so popular is, well, because it's so popular. Power of marketing and all that jazz.

As for recent FPS games, I found Bulletstorm to be damn great fun.

COD4 is mah FAVORITE! :)

Black Ops and I had our differences, and ended up hating each other for a minute....butwe got over it and now it's become like a marriage...we both sit there and fight sometimes, but we've come to love and accept each other. lol

i love me some COD :h:3

In fact....I'm gonna go play right now!! MUAH!

I like MP for black ops and cod mw1&2 were the best tho. and black ops new map packs made it better imo and plus there has been patchs etc as well recent.

Cod4 wm1 was the best one. MW2 wasn’t good it was ok. Black ops was good because of the storyline I like took me back to the cold war. Multi player I never had a problem if I did just let it pass.

i gave up on Black ops .. i felt like it wasnt as sharp as MW2 ..all the perks that i had going for me has been reduced or taken out which made it a less fun game...

I perfected the RPG-7 and all its perks and achieved like 3000 kills and nearing 500 multi kills with it on MW2 ...not as much fun in Black ops ...also running and gunning sucked compared to MW2 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.