AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Colin Kaepernick: I'm not anti-American

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I call bullshit on these overpaid athletes that choose to make a personal statement while wearing a team uniform.

Sure. While I don't think he is anti-American, as the thread title asks, I know the NFL has measures to deal with conduct they don't find acceptable: Article 46 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...icle-46-has-been-present-since-the-first-cba/)

Not sure if Goodell's head is explodin'! One looks at his decisions on Brady with the deflating a bunch of footballs and then compare that sentence to that one guy that punched out his wife in the elevator and dragged her across the floor, and one has to wonder if Kaepernick gets a lifetime suspension or a slap on the wrist (for whatever he did wrong lol). Football is soooo weird to me. But a bunch of guys hitting each other in the head with their helmets should be weird (it's just not normal behavior). So, I'm guessing this all makes sense if one has ever played football because it makes no sense to a guy (me) that never played.

Last edited:
That Lil Wayne video is good. He is speaking from his worldview and sometimes people want to treat blacks like a monolith... even black people treat blackness as a monolith.

Not every black person has experienced racism on any level. I can't say that but I know that plenty of black ppl can speak that truth.

I know that some butthurt conservative types are going to love this video for all the wrong reasons! You know the idiots who claim that Colin Kaepernick can't speak about racism because he has white parents...

Also there's a book and a few interviews called the tanning of America about how hip hop culture has socially stained America for the better. That is Lil Wayne's world!

Reactions: Eve_Hoover
That Lil Wayne video is good.

Honestly I do not know anything about Lil Wayne. I did think that he stood out from the other people in the room which was hilarious (I get a kick out of people in ties and dressed up trying to be "real") but that is cool. He can have is own opinion, like everyone else, ain't nothing wrong with that. I loved his opinion in that interview.

I never have figured out how people are chosen as representatives of movements or ideologies. It often seems like networks try to get a person they can pin a whole movement or revolution on. I love that Lil Wayne wasn't playing and was more "i" as opposed to "we." I love opinions though--everyone has one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eve_Hoover
In case anyone had doubts about the predominate military's view of kneeling during the national anthem.

Here is the video from the keynote address on the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The speaker is Admiral Harry Harris the 4 star Japanese-American Admiral in charge of all the US military forces in the Pacific (52% of the earth). I was there and the line got a standing ovation, and almost as enthusiastic reception as the honoring of the WWII survivors.

Nor was this an isolated comment. The night before at 1200 person gala honoring the Greatest Generation. Another 4 Star admiral John Richardson said "the boys of 41 would have never taken a knee during the star spangled banner." He then went on to describe how during the attack the band on the USS Arizona continue to play on only stopping after flying bullets and shrapnel forced them to seek cover. Meanwhile on another battleship the USS Nevada the band finished the song before manning their battle stations. Richardson said that is the type of respect the national anthem deserves.

In case anyone had doubts about the predominate military's view of kneeling during the national anthem.

Here is the video from the keynote address on the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The speaker is Admiral Harry Harris the 4 star Japanese-American Admiral in charge of all the US military forces in the Pacific (52% of the earth). I was there and the line got a standing ovation, and almost as enthusiastic reception as the honoring of the WWII survivors.

Nor was this an isolated comment. The night before at 1200 person gala honoring the Greatest Generation. Another 4 Star admiral John Richardson said "the boys of 41 would have never taken a knee during the star spangled banner." He then went on to describe how during the attack the band on the USS Arizona continue to play on only stopping after flying bullets and shrapnel forced them to seek cover. Meanwhile on another battleship the USS Nevada the band finished the song before manning their battle stations. Richardson said that is the type of respect the national anthem deserves.

I think that's great for the military. I don't even really have a problem with it being promoted/encouraged among the civilian population sparingly.

I don't like the way a segment of our society seems to insist upon it, especially when it comes to frequent gatherings like sporting events. Smacks of compulsory patriotism to me. That is un-American in my book, and I urge any delicate snowflakes who need society to become their militaristic safe space to move to a country more suited to that; say North Korea for instance.

"We cannot rest content with the charge from Washington that this peaceful protest is unpatriotic...The fact is that this dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/31/veterans-for-kaepernick

Reactions: n_i_c_u

The military does not own the national anthem because it's the national anthem. Civilians are also part of this nation and make up 99.5% of the population. Our first amendment protects our rights to free speech and protest. While legally this doesn't apply to private organizations, it is, indeed, one of the founding principles of this nation that's woven into our country's culture.

Yes, it was disrespectful. I got news for you: that's kinda the point.

Reactions: Gen and Val Vega
I love what Colin Kaepernick did. And in my view it was the most American thing a person can do and that is exercise their right to free speech in an act of protest against one of this country's many, many issues. Americans have every right to voice their grievances with this country in any and every venue, whether that's burning the flag or not going along with the national anthem.

Smacks of compulsory patriotism to me. That is un-American in my book, and I urge any delicate snowflakes who need society to become their militaristic safe space

Not really directed at you JJTP but I loved the "delicate snowflake" characterization. That is awesome (I'd poo you for the greatness but, poo emotes, like kneeling, means one thing to one person and another to someone else)~

It is odd to me that in this day in age a person kneeling on purpose during the National Anthem or wears their hat in the wrong situation (not just me, a vet was hassled at chili's for wearing his hat indoors on Memorial Day: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chilis-apologizes-veterans-day_us_58297fe7e4b0c4b63b0d47d1 ) is faced with a reprimand from those with a certain voice in society. Come on people. So a person isn't following the rules of society without hurting anyone. Why shame them? You people are turning on yourselves and it just looks dumb.

From Dylan:

At midnight all the agents
And the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone
That knows more than they do
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
Is brought down from the castles
By insurance men who go
Check to see that nobody is escaping
To Desolation Row.

Last edited:
Yes, it was disrespectful. I got news for you: that's kinda the point.

Being disrespectful in order to make a point occasionally works, but only during a brief window of time, and never while wearing a team uniform unless you are speaking for everyone on the team.

Not only that, he sucks as a QB!

Last edited:
Reactions: ga5457
us-dollar-flag-400.jpg

guard-against-the-impostures-of-pretended-patriotism-403x403-nk4ro7.jpg

nationalist.jpg

I think that's great for the military. I don't even really have a problem with it being promoted/encouraged among the civilian population sparingly.

I don't like the way a segment of our society seems to insist upon it, especially when it comes to frequent gatherings like sporting events. Smacks of compulsory patriotism to me. That is un-American in my book, and I urge any delicate snowflakes who need society to become their militaristic safe space to move to a country more suited to that; say North Korea for instance.

"We cannot rest content with the charge from Washington that this peaceful protest is unpatriotic...The fact is that this dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/31/veterans-for-kaepernick

I didn't hear a single person proposing that his protest was illegal or shouldn't be allowed. So precisely where is the compulsory patriotism you are talking about? From the blog you linked to.

"Sure, Kaepernick's protest has offended many veterans and their families, and their feelings are not to be discounted. Kaepernick's right to freedom of speech does not grant him the right to be free of criticism."

I think it is very similar to the confederate flag controversy. For decades supporters of the Confederate flags gave a variety of reasons why it should be preserved, and they kept insisting that it was not offensive to blacks. They even would trot out a few token blacks who would say, I'm fine with the Confederate flag. But the reality is the flying of the Confederate flag is highly offensive to some blacks, and mildly offensive to the vast majority of blacks and many other Americans.

People are still free to fly the Confederate flag, and plaster their pick-up trucks with them. But they should expect that blacks will be upset with them and some call them racist. Free speech is not without consequences. Do you think that black who find the Confederate flag offensive are delicate snowflakes?

Colin, is free to make any claims about why he refuses to stand for the national anthem, but he doesn't get to pretend that his action isn't offensive to current and past members of the military, and he should expect to be called unpatriotic by them. There is absolutely nothing "un-American" about some Americans urging others to act patriotically. It has literally been a part of the traditions of this country since 1776 and Thomas Paine.

I didn't hear a single person proposing that his protest was illegal or shouldn't be allowed. So precisely where is the compulsory patriotism you are talking about?
Did you hear me say anyone called his protest illegal? No. I said their view smacks of compulsory patriotism. That is exactly the mindset they are encouraging.

Baby steps. Today we disparage his actions. Tomorrow we demonize him. Then we legislate. Then we bring force to bear. Then we mourn when we realize what we have become. But that can't happen here, right?

To be fair though, my response to you was made with louder voices than yours in mind; specifically, a certain pasty-faced faux patriot I listen to regularly on Clear Channel.
Colin, is free to make any claims about why he refuses to stand for the national anthem, but he doesn't get to pretend that his action isn't offensive to current and past members of the military, and he should expect to be called unpatriotic by them. There is absolutely nothing "un-American" about some Americans urging others to act patriotically. It has literally been a part of the traditions of this country since 1776 and Thomas Paine.
I am going to quote one of those "boys of 41" who never took a knee during the anthem, and went to his reunions until the last year of his life. He said he never would have served if he could have seen what the USA was going to become. I share in much of the disgust I heard him express.

Acting patriotic does not mean rote observations of ritual and ceremony, any more than going on an emotional jag in a church building means you are moral. Anyone who tries to pass off a fraud to the contrary under the guise of "encouraging patriotism", and then further incriminates themselves by using military service as a shield, does not deserve to live in a free country.

If we cannot dare to offend, then we cannot be honest.

Oh, this old topic. Let's get me some more downvotes, they tingle. What was he protesting though? Most get that wrong.

At last check I said he was a washed up player who was doing this for personal aggrandizement. Let's see. Since then he has posed for pictures, and played some losing games for the job he is paid well to do.

About the election though - he didn't vote and he couldn't have if he wanted.

Nice of him to make my case, I owe him a beer for being such a bud.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I find him ridiculous. It seems like the ppl who benefit the most complain about things that are safe and trendy to complain about but any real crap they're silent. Then again I don't put a ton of stock in most celebrities so *shrugs*

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Status
Not open for further replies.