AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Colin Kaepernick: I'm not anti-American

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
Personally, I think this guy is a clueless, overpaid, Castro supporting, millionaire drama queen.

Only recently, after all the unwarranted (IMO) media attention he's received, he is willing to donate money so he doesn't look like a complete douchebag trying to save his reputation.

What say you?

I think we have the right to sit, stand or do the hokey pokey during the national anthem if we so please and making a big deal about anyone choosing to remain seated or use that to cal them unAmerican, as so many have, is silly.

There is absolutely no doubt he has the right to do so, it just seems to me that he is using his protest to draw attention to himself instead of the cause. Dozens and dozens of professional athletes spend their time and generous money for causes they believe in, behind the scenes, because it is NOT about them, unlike Kaepernick.

ETA: Just the other day I saw Shaq saying how bad he wants to be a Sherriff because he believes he can make a difference to narrow the racial divide. I respect that far more than I do some bench sitting protest, money donating, after the fact.

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: Ariadne O!
There is absolutely no doubt he has the right to do so, it just seems to me that he is using his protest to draw attention to himself instead of the cause. Dozens and dozens of professional athletes spend their time and generous money for causes they believe in, behind the scenes, because it is NOT about them, unlike Kaepernick.
Spending time and money isn't visible though. I can definitely see the purpose of what he did. Public protest draws more attention than silent support

I feel like he's totally within his right as an American to sit during the anthem, and while people are within their rights to feel offended (I personally don't get it, because I'm not American and I can't wrap my head around that level of patriotism where you get offended by something like that) I feel that its not right that he's getting so much abuse. Disagreeing with someone else's choice to sit or stand does not give you the right to harass someone, throw racist slurs at them, threaten him and his safety or publicly humiliate him. Its ridiculous.

I also think its kind of funny how most of the people who are freaking out about this whole thing are also the same people who whine about America being too politically correct and bitch about people being too "sensitive" and "easily offended." Kinda makes me chuckle from up here in Canada lol.

I don't think the fact that he's a millionaire makes his protest any less valid. Those who are actually poor or suffering usually don't have a voice. He's not speaking for himself, he's speaking for them.

Granted, I don't totally agree with everything he's done (like the Castro shirt) but the backlash against him has been way over-the-top too. One general manager said the last time he saw NFL front offices dislike a player this much was for Rae Curruth in the late 90s. Curruth hired someone to kill his pregnant girlfriend. It's absurd to put Kaepernick and Curruth in the same sentence.

Last edited:
One time in the 1990s I was at baseball game and I was wearing a hat during the National Anthem and some drunkish guy told me to take it off (probably a future Trump supporter if his liver held out). I looked at him with the best "wtf are you talking about" I could with my eyes and took it off for the best interests of the crowd, but it totally ruined my day that I was reprimanded by a drunk fool. These rules are dumb. They have no relevance in this day and age (come on, if we are gonna be archaic why not reprimand dudes for wearing hats inside a house?). I didn't think it was a big deal to even have a hat on during the national anthem (in the olden days I guys I probably could have been hanged).

I don't know this football guy, but, I don't really care. I just wanted to vent about drunk patriots making me feel uncomfortable because I didn't care about America's traditional social norms.

Last edited:
I don't think the fact that he's a millionaire makes his protest any less valid. Those who are actually poor or suffering usually don't have a voice. He's not speaking for himself, he's speaking for them.

Granted, I don't totally agree with everything he's done (like the Castro shirt) but the backlash against him has been way over-the-top too. One general manager said the last time he saw NFL front offices dislike a player this much was for Rae Curruth in the late 90s. Curruth hired someone to kill his pregnant girlfriend. It's absurd to put Kaepernick and Curruth in the same sentence.

My main issue is that he has not done anything himself prior to this protest, that we have been made aware of anyway, despite him being exceptionally able to do so.

One time in the 1990s I was at baseball game and I was wearing a hat during the National Anthem and some drunkish guy told me to take it off (probably a future Trump supporter if his liver held out). I looked at him with the best "wtf are you talking about" I could with my eyes and took it off for the best interests of the crowd, but it totally ruined my day that I was reprimanded by a drunk fool. These rules are dumb. They have no relevance in this day and age (come on, if we are gonna be archaic why not reprimand dudes for wearing hats inside a house?). I didn't think it was a big deal to even have a hat on during the national anthem (in the olden days I guys I probably could have been hanged).

If it's archaic to show respect to all that have died fighting for your right to be a moron, we are indeed doomed.

Reactions: LuckySmiles
I think he's allowed to do and say whatever he wants but completely disagree with him. And I don't see it as some big noble statement.

What's the place that kills soccer (football) players for losing? Is that just a rumor?
Or the Ethiopian guy Feyisa Lilesa from the olympics where it was especially risky for him to speak out and he won't go home now.

He fell off so completely horribly last season Its amazing that he's still playing at all. Regardless, professional athletes have ethical standards that they are contractually obligated to uphold on and off the field, I'm not sure if this would fall inline with that. It's quite possible it's just a simple attention grab or whatever.

If it's archaic to show respect to all that have died fighting for your right to be a moron, we are indeed doomed.

If you say so. It is a nice "show" to have to take a hat off or not sit. I guess it is the LEAST a person can do...which seems really really dumb if one thinks about it. It is nice to give respect symbolically, but, America is a country that changes; because I don't change with you in social norms is not my problem if you don't like it and I shouldn't expect you to like my nuances to the social norm and how I pay respect.

Tradition isn't everything.

Just read on NBC that the Santa Clara Police Union sent the 49ers a letter saying they may stop working at games unless "changes are made" with Kaepernick. So that's...concerning.

But why do we have to show our patriotism or respect for the troops at a sporting event? If you go to a war memorial or something then yeah, totally. But for the Cubs vs Yankees?

I see what you're saying... but for most people outside of kids in school saying the pledge of allegiance, it's the only time people gather and have that bit of patriotism. And sports and Americanism have always been super intertwined. If you want to get all your American sports propaganda at once Might I suggest the documentary 9 innings from 9/11. I remember it really well as a Yankee fan and sports that year were the only thing (remember baseball was delayed after the attacks and the world series went all the way into november) But even people I know that hate the yankees like that one. (I live in Tiger territory these days... theYankee hate is real lol.)

And it was the only semblance of normalcy in NY at the time. People were scared to go to the stadium and gather in large numbers or would freak out if a plane flew too low. I think anytime americans gather in large numbers its nice to appreciate america for a couple minutes.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_ and Gen
Just read on NBC that the Santa Clara Police Union sent the 49ers a letter saying they may stop working at games unless "changes are made" with Kaepernick. So that's...concerning.

Oh WoW. I remember when certain Rams players here did the "hands up" thing live in support of Michal Brown on the field--I'm pretty sure the police just took it and kept working the games. This
seems crazy.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
But why do we have to show our patriotism or respect for the troops at a sporting event? If you go to a war memorial or something then yeah, totally. But for the Cubs vs Yankees?

Ya know, I think you make a really good point.

However, showing respect for the national anthem and a sporting event are two different things.

Perhaps it is indeed time to remove the national anthem from sporting events, especially since a good percentage of players are from other countries.

Good luck convincing the Canucks during hockey season though.

Reactions: jemi
Forcing someone to remove their hat, stand, put their hand over their heart, w/e is more insulting to the troops than simply choosing to do it.

They died for our rights, not so we could be forced.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
It's America, you can do whatever the FK you want. I'm tired of all these butthurt fake patriots trying to force ppl to give AF about the military, the flag and the anthem. I'm also tired of hearing that soldiers fight for our freedom, no, they fight for rich fkers and to obtain the best geopolitical positional chess spot.

The most unAMerican thing is to try and shutdown protests.

Who cares if you don't know what he's been doing, he's taking action now and using his platform because he knows that the poor do not have a voice. I've heard so many idiots over the past week complain that he shouldn't stand-up because he's rich, half-black and was raised by white ppl. The history of political and social change in America has come from people on the outside of these issues giving a fk about those who suffer.

Happened once in Columbia 22 years ago. It wasn't like the government did it or anything though. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...20-years-ago-still-resonates-in-colombia.html

I know it's probably exaggerated. I just used to know a professional soccer player that had some stories or heard some things but... that was another lifetime ago.

Oh also the documentary I meant to say was 9 innings from ground zero my bad. It comes on tv a lot though this time of year.

OK, now I'm confused... how have I led you to believe anything I said has forced anyone to do anything?
I'm on cam, sorry my phrasing was bad.

What I'm saying is that choosing not to stand isn't disrespecting to our soldiers. But hijacking soldier's sacrifices to say that someone is unAmerican/disrespecting our soldiers by not doing xyz is disrespectful to their sacrifices.

I'm on cam, sorry my phrasing was bad.

What I'm saying is that choosing not to stand isn't disrespecting to our soldiers. But hijacking soldier's sacrifices to say that someone is unAmerican/disrespecting our soldiers by not doing xyz is disrespectful to their sacrifices.

Hmmm... I'm rather interested how you think I'm hijacking soldier's sacrifices?

Please explain!

It's also though not like people take it that seriously as it is... the 7th inning stretch when they play god bless america is when everyone usually goes to pee lol. But I like the special events like when they have the fighter jets on opening day it's fun.

Reactions: Gen
Hmmm... I'm rather interested how you think I'm hijacking soldier's sacrifices?

Please explain!
I don't so much mean you specifically (though in my opinion if standing, removing your hat, putting your hand over your heart = showing respect the implication is that you feel the opposite is disrespect). But when people try to use "the soldiers died for you! You're unamerican for not doing xyz!" they're hijacking their sacrifice to make a point that the soldiers they speak of wouldn't stand by.

It's also though not like people take it that seriously as it is... the 7th inning stretch when they play god bless america is when everyone usually goes to pee lol. But I like the special events like when they have the fighter jets on opening day it's fun.

Happy to FINALLY admit I'm a Cub fan... some 7th inning stretch songs are historical, lol.

Reactions: LuckySmiles
Status
Not open for further replies.