AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Comedically bad sound - causes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2010
Anyone aware of what's causing comedically bad sound for some models?
Sounds sort of like an autotuned R2D2 down a well.

Models with the issue
Melsfinally18, Melsfinally18.
Any easy solution to point them to?

FifthElephant said:
Anyone aware of what's causing comedically bad sound for some models?
Sounds sort of like an autotuned R2D2 down a well.

Models with the issue
Melsfinally18, Melsfinally18.
Any easy solution to point them to?

I do not know if it is the same sound, but I have had models who sound like an inhuman speeded up chipmunk. They fix it by changing the mic to another source then switching back.

Are those 2 different models? The names are exactly the same.

It could just be a mic issue. She could be having feedback issues, it could be dying, it could be that she has some sort of rightsound feature turned on or off. I would guess that it's just dying if it's making her sounds like a robot.

Doh.
Second model should be Harmony420xox.
It's definitely not feedback - the sound quality is actually OK - for the .2 seconds at a time it plays clearly.

I've heard a_cute_mew and a few others sounding like a chimpunk on crack recently too, but i don't know what causes it... just mentioning it because it's spreading. The chipmunk. Beware.

I've had this problem recently - but ONLY on Chrome. When I use Safari, it's fine - so it's not my mic.

The chipmunk I think is from a not great connection - big lags, then it tries to speed up to compensate to get back to real time.

If you see this sort of thing happening, let the model know!! I'm pretty sure the robot voice is an issue with the Model Web broadcaster on Chrome. I say this because we can't tell if there are issues like robot voice or big lags unless one of y'all tells us. Otherwise, on our end it seems like everything's hunky dory.

Reactions: LilyEvans
I agree with Lucy. It doesn't seem to be a mic issue, it's a problem with Chrome. Something about how Flash works with that browser. Any other browser I use and my audio is perfect.

I have been having issues signing in with Safari sometimes, though, so I have to use Opera. But when I use Opera my PM windows are all fucked... :woops:

What I have learned is that when there are 2 versions installed on the browser. 1 being the flash in the PC and the other in the browser, it will make you sound like R2D2 the way to fix this is by disabling the google flash and using the one on the pc instead. Instructions here: http://www.ghacks.net/2012/09/16/fix-th ... n-problem/

It helped me. I fixed my issues with Chrome by doing this^.
Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.