AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Command /archive

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean my friend was checking and it doesnt do literally nothing, but what could be this guy intention to write it in my room? Anybody is good in IT and can have idea?

Upvote 0
it looks like it's a bot command so it would only work on that single bot. As for what it does, could be a lot of different things, just depends on what that bot developer set it up to do. Some of the most likely options I would set up for /archive would be things like tip leaderboard, previous winners on dice or wheel, or anything else that would be noteworthy thats happened in the room, without knowing which bot the command is for thats just a guess though.
If you dont have the bot running then it's not going to do anything though.

Upvote 0
it looks like it's a bot command so it would only work on that single bot. As for what it does, could be a lot of different things, just depends on what that bot developer set it up to do. Some of the most likely options I would set up for /archive would be things like tip leaderboard, previous winners on dice or wheel, or anything else that would be noteworthy thats happened in the room, without knowing which bot the command is for thats just a guess though.
I had tipmenu, lucky number and notifications. Anyway its the guy who alwats has maaany tokens but never ever tippd nothing. I banned him in the past for none activity becauyse he was lurking for hours 10000 times with the most tokens in room but after ban expired he was back and did same lurking. I wrote to him in pm few times that if he will still lurk i will ban him again but totally 0 reaction: he never did nothing, tipped nothing , neither responded. Last time i gave up and just let them be:D So few times he was siting for hours and then leaving and today he came and after few minutes sent this command. I was curious maybe he was trying to do something with record as long he is soo busy and quiet, maybe he do illegal records or i dont know . Weird

Upvote 0
Okay i got some idea:D This guy is GREAT LURKER ,in the past he could see how much i earned and how long lets say he need wait untl i show something. From lst time i turned off all bots which are showing how much i earned. Maybe he wanted to check how much i earned already , to know if its worht to stay and wait for the show :D

Upvote 0
Okay i got some idea:D This guy is GREAT LURKER ,in the past he could see how much i earned and how long lets say he need wait untl i show something. From lst time i turned off all bots which are showing how much i earned. Maybe he wanted to check how much i earned already , to know if its worht to stay and wait for the show :D
This would be my guess too, I think he just assumed that you had whatever bot that command was for running, like you said trying to see if there was a free show coming anytime soon.

Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
How fucking sneaky!

• Funny!
Upvote 0
I hate that, I don't keep a leaderboard or a goal count in the room. More than once I have had potential whales go swimming by because they saw I was doing well.

What they don't know is I didn't make a dime for three days in a row, that boon is actually make up tokens for goals missed. Can't stop them from deciding as they do but it still sucks on this side of the camera.

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
I hate that, I don't keep a leaderboard or a goal count in the room. More than once I have had potential whales go swimming by because they saw I was doing well.

What they don't know is I didn't make a dime for three days in a row, that boon is actually make up tokens for goals missed. Can't stop them from deciding as they do but it still sucks on this side of the camera.
I never do goals just go with the flow. I think is better if we are not in first page, to make them dont know how much we earned:
- if they come and see almost no tips ,they wont tip and leave because probably "she is so bad that nobody tipped her"
-if they come and see many tippers then: why couldnt we just sit and stare, she is happy and getting already tokens from others

No information about earnings helped me a lot! for now i have best month from many months. nobody see how others tip, they just tip for theirselfs:)

Upvote 0
I never do goals just go with the flow. I think is better if we are not in first page, to make them dont know how much we earned:
- if they come and see almost no tips ,they wont tip and leave because probably "she is so bad that nobody tipped her"
-if they come and see many tippers then: why couldnt we just sit and stare, she is happy and getting already tokens from others

No information about earnings helped me a lot! for now i have best month from many months. nobody see how others tip, they just tip for theirselfs:)
And it's honestly none of their business anyway. :D

Upvote 0
I also dont ever show my token intake - its bad when its very low and its bad when its very high, so better they just dont know.

I feel having a low token count visible opens a door to people bargaining with you, and like Vixxen said, when its high, the "knights in the shining armour"- type whales go rescue someone else with their tokens.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
One guy entered my room and wrote command /archive . What does it do?
My guess would be that he is the author of one of your bots and it has a back door that allows him to collect information about your room (e.g. PM's and tip note messages you received). There was a Ticket Show app/bot that contained a backdoor that allowed the author and a few of his friends free admission to ticket shows. I would be very wary of running bots that didn't have the source code available for inspection.

Either that, or he is just trying random shit.

Upvote 0
My guess would be that he is the author of one of your bots and it has a back door that allows him to collect information about your room (e.g. PM's and tip note messages you received). There was a Ticket Show app/bot that contained a backdoor that allowed the author and a few of his friends free admission to ticket shows. I would be very wary of running bots that didn't have the source code available for inspection.

I use only tipmenu, rotating notifier and lucky number and lovense lush levels but bot lovense lush not app, which is only showing levels,without my earnings

Upvote 0

The CB API does not let a coder interact, record, read, etc, anything to do with PM's. You would need to run a browser add-on to collect such data. However, you could store and display tip-notes.

I have 5+ years of work into my all-in-1-app, Synergy. I have 30 years of coding experience and all of my CB apps/bots were self taught endeavors. I will never give away my experience (source code) for free. In the end, judge by the coder and not by the option to hide our hard work from coders who claim they write their own code.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
The CB API does not let a coder interact, record, read, etc, anything to do with PM's. You would need to run a browser add-on to collect such data. However, you could store and display tip-notes.

I have 5+ years of work into my all-in-1-app, Synergy. I have 30 years of coding experience and all of my CB apps/bots were self taught endeavors. I will never give away my experience (source code) for free. In the end, judge by the coder and not by the option to hide our hard work from coders who claim they write their own code.

Cheers,
Cexmental
Im curious what you think he could achive with this command? You said about store and display tip-notes. Maybe this is he wanted to do. This day when he use this command i had regular who always first tipping me a lot for the show and then he stays for very long time and we chill and talk and all his messages are in tipnotes. Maybe he was curious what they are abput. Anyway is weird- this guy coming to my room for sure for over 1 year,aways has the most tokens in room, he never ever tipped just never. Few times i was writing to him in PM that i will ban him for non activity, and finally I did, then ban expired and again he came and lurk, so me again ban and so on and so on , but never heresponded to me nothing and finally after time i gave up and let him stay so he just comes and staring long time from time to time and then leave and last time he used that command ,which was literaly his first activity in my room

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It has been awhile since I worked on an app/bot and I thought PMs were available to them as well. I think I was thinking of this .

Im curious what you think he could achive with this command? You said about store and display tip-notes. Maybe this is he wanted to do.
We are just speculating; but reading tip note messages, tracking your total tips, and logging chat messages is about all a bot can do. At least the ones you are running. But the behavior of lurking for so long, and then only entering a chatbot command certainly looks suspicious. If I was paranoid I might think that the account itself might be a bot.

However, if that is true the solution is simple; just find different apps. There are plenty of tip menus, rotating notifiers, and lucky number apps available. When looking for replacements:
  1. View the app's description page. If there is no Source Code tab be wary. Unless you know the author I would avoid.
  2. If there is a Source Code tab then click on it. You don't have to know how to read code, but if it looks like this you can be fairly confident the code is ok. You can read words and there is a pattern to the spacing and indentation.
  3. If there is a Source Code tab, but the code looks like this be just as wary as you would be with #1. Other than the notice at the top of the file the rest is a blob of gibberish.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
I specifically demanded my source code for my app be hidden. It's MY app, not anyone else's. I've spent 7 years working with my developer. I was okay with an open source clone that did not include the things I specifically "invented" for my room. I don't have many weapons in this fight but that is one of them.

Upvote 0
It has been awhile since I worked on an app/bot and I thought PMs were available to them as well. I think I was thinking of this .

We are just speculating; but reading tip note messages, tracking your total tips, and logging chat messages is about all a bot can do. At least the ones you are running. But the behavior of lurking for so long, and then only entering a chatbot command certainly looks suspicious. If I was paranoid I might think that the account itself might be a bot.

However, if that is true the solution is simple; just find different apps. There are plenty of tip menus, rotating notifiers, and lucky number apps available. When looking for replacements:
  1. View the app's description page. If there is no Source Code tab be wary. Unless you know the author I would avoid.
  2. If there is a Source Code tab then click on it. You don't have to know how to read code, but if it looks like this you can be fairly confident the code is ok. You can read words and there is a pattern to the spacing and indentation.
  3. If there is a Source Code tab, but the code looks like this be just as wary as you would be with #1. Other than the notice at the top of the file the rest is a blob of gibberish.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
I specifically demanded my source code for my app be hidden. It's MY app, not anyone else's. I've spent 7 years working with my developer. I was okay with an open source clone that did not include the things I specifically "invented" for my room. I don't have many weapons in this fight but that is one of them.
Absolutely, but that is your source code and your developer. You are entitled to keep that private. I was thinking about models that have to select from the apps available on the app store. You obviously have a great deal of trust with your developer.... people installing random apps from CB maybe not so much.

Upvote 0
Absolutely, but that is your source code and your developer. You are entitled to keep that private. I was thinking about models that have to select from the apps available on the app store. You obviously have a great deal of trust with your developer.... people installing random apps from CB maybe not so much.
Very true. And he did tell me at one point he was really tempted to put a back door in and that's why I trust him because as soon as he saw I felt like my privacy was being violated he backed off of the idea. I mean he probably could have done it anyway I'd never be the wiser, and if he did he has certainly kept it to himself.

I don't really understand why men want to violate women so badly, whether it be with knowing things they aren't privy to to make decisions on how to proceed or just outright being gross to them in general. We don't get that advantage in most cases.

Reactions: Slapstick
Upvote 0
Im curious what you think he could achive with this command? You said about store and display tip-notes. Maybe this is he wanted to do. This day when he use this command i had regular who always first tipping me a lot for the show and then he stays for very long time and we chill and talk and all his messages are in tipnotes. Maybe he was curious what they are abput. Anyway is weird- this guy coming to my room for sure for over 1 year,aways has the most tokens in room, he never ever tipped just never. Few times i was writing to him in PM that i will ban him for non activity, and finally I did, then ban expired and again he came and lurk, so me again ban and so on and so on , but never heresponded to me nothing and finally after time i gave up and let him stay so he just comes and staring long time from time to time and then leave and last time he used that command ,which was literaly his first activity in my room

An app/bot can only do what it was coded to do. There are no secret commands or hidden aspects of CB that would allow someone to gain access to your account information. However, if you run an add-on (like a Chrome Extension) that collects (scrapes) data, then that piece of code could contain other commands or nefarious bits. If the person who typed that command was also an author for one of your apps/bots, then yes, that person probably has some type of backdoor. If it was just a random person who typed it, then perhaps they were hoping that command existed for whatever reason. Sort of like how all users assume '/menu' is a command supported in all CB chat rooms.

With that said, you can only really record basic statistical information. You could store tipper info, tipping stats, money earned stats, how often you went private (and how long), ticket show stats, goal related info, info about users who enter/exit the room, their CB color and tipping habits, follower information, media purchase information, etc. In the end its all mostly just info about how the tokens move/flow and how you have collected/earned. I don't even know what you would want to do with that info except maybe blackmail or pressuring a model into making a financial decision because you knew their history??

With my all-in-1-app, Synergy, I wrote a command '/users?' and this command formats active users stats and displays them. This command and its output is available to the model and the active mod(s) (or special users with app-mod command privileges). I use this command while I am modding for studio models who have switched to being independent so that I can help to keep them informed. I tell them things like when a big tipper has entered/left the room or how much they earned from random chat tips versus goals, etc. This command allows me to stay informed so that the model I'm helping can concentrate on the show and flow of chat.

Here is an example...

userscommanddefaultexplination.png

This command will also show info for users who have been moderated by app-specific commands/tools.

Here is an example...

userswindow-09.png

With the Legacy CB API all data is purged when the app/bot is closed or the model goes offline (15min - 1hr). With the new app system, all data could be stored indefidently, which could either benefit or hurt you depending on the intentions of those who have access.

To further add-on to this thread, a coder could give themselves or anyone they want free access to a ticket show for their own app/bot actively running in a model's room. Synergy allows the model to add users by typing /ticketshow+username, however, this command is unavailable to mods with app command privileges. I've personally witnessed mods adjusting goals, giving free tickets, etc, and I wrote Synergy to enhance the already existing CB mod tool-set without providing any means to tap into anything financial. I did this because I truly believe a mods job is to help only and not manage/control financial aspects of a room that is not their own.

I always tell my CB clients/friends to double check the coder. Most CB apps/bots are copy/pasted clones and this includes a lot of the 'popular' lovense/goal apps. If someone says they will write you an app from scratch for a very cheap price, be weary. That's a red flag because I know how much time and effort it takes to code from scratch.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
An app/bot can only do what it was coded to do. There are no secret commands or hidden aspects of CB that would allow someone to gain access to your account information. However, if you run an add-on (like a Chrome Extension) that collects (scrapes) data, then that piece of code could contain other commands or nefarious bits. If the person who typed that command was also an author for one of your apps/bots, then yes, that person probably has some type of backdoor. If it was just a random person who typed it, then perhaps they were hoping that command existed for whatever reason. Sort of like how all users assume '/menu' is a command supported in all CB chat rooms.

With that said, you can only really record basic statistical information. You could store tipper info, tipping stats, money earned stats, how often you went private (and how long), ticket show stats, goal related info, info about users who enter/exit the room, their CB color and tipping habits, follower information, media purchase information, etc. In the end its all mostly just info about how the tokens move/flow and how you have collected/earned. I don't even know what you would want to do with that info except maybe blackmail or pressuring a model into making a financial decision because you knew their history??

With my all-in-1-app, Synergy, I wrote a command '/users?' and this command formats active users stats and displays them. This command and its output is available to the model and the active mod(s) (or special users with app-mod command privileges). I use this command while I am modding for studio models who have switched to being independent so that I can help to keep them informed. I tell them things like when a big tipper has entered/left the room or how much they earned from random chat tips versus goals, etc. This command allows me to stay informed so that the model I'm helping can concentrate on the show and flow of chat.

Here is an example...

View attachment 96539

This command will also show info for users who have been moderated by app-specific commands/tools.

Here is an example...

View attachment 96540

With the Legacy CB API all data is purged when the app/bot is closed or the model goes offline (15min - 1hr). With the new app system, all data could be stored indefidently, which could either benefit or hurt you depending on the intentions of those who have access.

To further add-on to this thread, a coder could give themselves or anyone they want free access to a ticket show for their own app/bot actively running in a model's room. Synergy allows the model to add users by typing /ticketshow+username, however, this command is unavailable to mods with app command privileges. I've personally witnessed mods adjusting goals, giving free tickets, etc, and I wrote Synergy to enhance the already existing CB mod tool-set without providing any means to tap into anything financial. I did this because I truly believe a mods job is to help only and not manage/control financial aspects of a room that is not their own.

I always tell my CB clients/friends to double check the coder. Most CB apps/bots are copy/pasted clones and this includes a lot of the 'popular' lovense/goal apps. If someone says they will write you an app from scratch for a very cheap price, be weary. That's a red flag because I know how much time and effort it takes to code from scratch.

Cheers,
Cexmental
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0

That is CB's longpoll feature, similar to but very different from apps. Apps run on CB servers. Longpoll runs in a web page on your own computer. To use it you would have to give the webpage a token found on your settings page when broadcasting, then open the page in a browser. Since you are not doing this, there's no risk at all.

Longpoll could be very very useful, strangely there's no discussion about it anywhere that I can find.

• Wat?!
Upvote 0
I mean my friend was checking and it doesnt do literally nothing, but what could be this guy intention to write it in my room? Anybody is good in IT and can have idea?
Ideas? Sure :)

1. there is a backdoor in one of your apps
2. there is a backdoor in some app that the guy has heard about and is trying in random rooms
3. there is a legitimate command in some app somewhere, but the guy was drunk, tired, or just in the wrong room
4. bad autocorrect, was supposed to be /arse

Upvote 0
Ideas? Sure :)

1. there is a backdoor in one of your apps
2. there is a backdoor in some app that the guy has heard about and is trying in random rooms
3. there is a legitimate command in some app somewhere, but the guy was drunk, tired, or just in the wrong room
4. bad autocorrect, was supposed to be /arse
Shit. Til yesterday I didnt even know about backdoors :D You so smart guys and changed my way of thinking haha I wont sleep calm anymore using cb apps :bag:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.