AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Condiments, sauces and gravies.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Funny!
Reactions: MDouble00
Here are my fridge door sauce compartments. I also have low sodium soy sauce in the pantry.

4F981E0E-0163-489D-AC67-79E245092F45.jpeg 0D6B200D-5413-41DF-A1E8-19ABF49E6B68.jpeg

@AmberCutie is that LaVictoria hot sauce behind Sriracha? If so, it's my favorite hot sauce because it's full of flavour. Doesn't go on everything, just Mexican food. But, love that stuff. Just can't find it

I keep seeing you spell it like this. Is it a Canadian thing?

Not her, but a lot of people in Canada do spell it that way. I feel like it might be a more British thing (not sure on that, though--someone from the UK might let us know how they spell it?) Canadian spelling is somewhere in between British and American, with the history of the specific place sometimes making a big difference. I'm forever confused these days, having moved around between both countries.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Useful-Title
@AmberCutie is that LaVictoria hot sauce behind Sriracha? If so, it's my favorite hot sauce because it's full of flavour. Doesn't go on everything, just Mexican food. But, love that stuff. Just can't find it
Note the one on the right has been combined with the one one next to it. Lol. Plain green is too mild (as is the red one it’s so bland) and the jalapeño is too spicy but together it’s perfection.

C0E4B17D-0879-46C4-83F3-EECF36B67BBC.jpeg

Note the one on the right has been combined with the one one next to it. Lol. Plain green is too mild (as is the red one it’s so bland) and the jalapeño is too spicy but together it’s perfection.

View attachment 78034
I grew up on the hot sauce, not the taco sauce. Didn't care for the taste of the green. But, their Salsa Bravo is my favourite. A little sweet. But, the flavour is good with a tad bit of spice. I'm still trying to source it locally, as most places no longer carry it here. Might have to go online... :(

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Dang sorry my images are probably huge on the screen. Was using my phone for all my posts in the last couple hours.

By the way I usually have buffalo wing sauce in my sauce section, too. Been trying to cut down my sodium intake, so haven't had my favorite chicken strips that are perfect in buffalo sauce for a long while so I keep forgetting to restock it. :)

I keep seeing you spell it like this. Is it a Canadian thing?

Apparently it is.

Screenshot_20180830-192058~2.png

The bottle currently in my fridge.

IMG_20180830_192347.jpg

Edited to add I normally buy the stuff my favorite sushi place sells not this brand but that one apparently does say soy sauce.

So, now the "fun question" for all of you condiment lovers...

How many of them are not expired? ;)

Since I stopped eating a lot of food with condiments, I started going through the stuff I had and found much of it had expired a number of months back because I only used it a few times every month or so.

Since I stopped eating a lot of food with condiments, I started going through the stuff I had and found much of it had expired a number of months back because I only used it a few times every month or so.

I'm a freak about sell by/expiration date so currently none.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Reactions: MDouble00
I'm really fussy about not only not eating anything expired but not eating it if it's been open in the fridge too long.

I guess I'm not a real goat afterall. Goats would eat the expired condiments.

*Bleats anyways*

IMG_20180830_233738.jpg

You'd probably love the wings at Hooters but perhaps not the stink eye you may get from the waitresses because yer boobs are way bigger than any Hooters' waitress I've seen.

Franks hot sauce is vinegar based and not overpowering if you haven't tried it yet, one of my favs.

I've been to hooters. My boobs weren't an issue and I tipped well.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
As long as its not mayo based is refrigerated and isn't starting to separate ill still eat it a couple months after it has expired. I would probably be more picky about this if it wasn't for my days managing a grocery store. We used to keep a drawer full of condiments in the office, unrefrigerated, and I asked the store manager about it one day. He told me the expiration date and the refrigerate after opening is merely a suggestion and if it's refrigerated it should last longer. But I also eat leftovers for week after they are cooked so maybe Im just a weirdo.

Well there's that 2004 ketchup. Mustard never lasts more than a month, but "hot sauces" do. They're mostly vinegar and salt anyway so very shelf stable.

As for expired - yeah.... so many. Love good BBQ, but my fridge BBQ sauce voted for Obama.

Meat, cheese, veg - they expire when exposed to oxygen for microbial growth. In the mid1990s researchers pulled up viable meat discards from a NYC dump - they even tracked that layer back to when there had been a deep discount sale followed by a lot thrown away in the coming weeks. In the absence of oxygen the meat still looked shelf fresh, buried, unrefrigerated, after nearly 30 years. Potentially even edible. Or so was stated, nobody on staff was willing to try it. As one who loves jerky I would have tried a piece.

Condiments revert into tasteless nothing most of the time since they're acidic. Oil based separate and the non oil part can be sketchy much sooner. Read a WWI vet ate a can of chicken he brought home on his 100th birthday. Like his mates, most of the cans had long expired and rotted. But that one held a seal and he was just fine. There's even a guy on YouTube who eats WWII MREs - weird channel topic, but to each their own.

No wonder we throw out so much with food safety guidelines. When we look up "is this safe" it's always "NO". I'm bad as anyone with food waste though: few tomatoes that visit my fridge ever get eaten. They look so yummy in the store, but never hit the spot at home.

Looks up at the wall of text.

Wow, I'm way too interested in this topic. Must feel guilty about those tomatoes.

As long as its not mayo based is refrigerated and isn't starting to separate ill still eat it a couple months after it has expired. I would probably be more picky about this if it wasn't for my days managing a grocery store. We used to keep a drawer full of condiments in the office, unrefrigerated, and I asked the store manager about it one day. He told me the expiration date and the refrigerate after opening is merely a suggestion and if it's refrigerated it should last longer. But I also eat leftovers for week after they are cooked so maybe Im just a weirdo.

Not weird by any means, as that's kind of how I was viewing things as well. If it's unopened, shelf life is a long time. Once opened, they vary based on what they are. Mostly though, it was more of a "out of sight, out of mind" type deal since I only used certain condiments once every couple of months. Since my diet has changed, I used that as a means of just clearing the clutter and removing things I no longer use.

I will come out as the weird one here, but since we're vegan AND my girlfriend is intolerant to a huge bunch of stuff AND we're trying to eat more healthy (no oil, no sugar, less salt), most of our condiments are homemade or really simple.

We make ketchup by adding some balsamic vinegar (a good one) to tomato paste. It's crazy delicious! And if we eat enough I'm pretty sure that tomato paste counts as a portion of fruit/veggie! :p
I used to find mustard to be meh, but it grew on me and now I love Dijon mustard and grain mustard! It's good everywhere, especially on potatoes!
Instead of using mayo in homemade dressings, we use tahini (sesame butter) most of the time. Yum yum!!
We love to eat Asian food (mainly Korean and Japanese), so we use soy sauce A LOT, also gochujang (Korean red chili paste) and a tiny bit of sesame oil everywhere!
As for gravies, my girlfriend makes one with portobello mushroom, it's really good and full of umami flavor!
Ohhhh also, this nacho sauce is really nice, especially for a sauce made of potato and carrots! :D https://simpleveganblog.com/vegan-cheese/

Mayo - Has its place. Integral in pimento cheese, chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad/deviled eggs and potato salad. But if you're slathering it on a sandwich or burger, it's the equivalent of eating sadness.

Mustard - Underrated and versatile. Perfect for a sandwich or burger. I prefer brown, but even the standard yellow provides enough tang to make your meal better. Great also with seasoned potatoes (fries). If any of the aforementioned salads that you make taste like crap, you're not adding enough mustard (and/or pickle juice, which is another thread). Also a key ingredient in BBQ sauce.

Ketchup - As a stand alone, only belongs on potatoes (fries, hash browns, etc.). Ketchup is best used as an ingredient in making something awesome.

BBQ sauce/Steak sauce - Only useful if you have bad BBQ or steak and are trying to compensate.

Hot sauces (Tobasco/Sriracha/Chiluala/etc.) - For heat junkies. Usually only mask the flavor of what you are eating. Put tobasco on a chip or piece of cardboard, it's gonna taste like tobasco.

Salsa - The king of condiments. Put it on your burger, dog, sandwich, burrito, taco. Dip your chips into it. And the cooking options are endless.

Except I'm pretty meh about ketchup. Burgers only or as a last resort because nothing else is available.

Even on burgers, there's better things to put on them than ketchup. Like caramelized onions and bbq sauce.... mmmmm....

But toum... Toum is what makes life worth living. Honestly, if it contains garlic I'll spread it on everything. Does it have so much garlic it burns a little to eat? Put it in my mouth. I might not be able to taste anything later but that's ok.

I've never heard of that before, but now I need to get or make some. The amount of garlic that gets eaten in my house - it's a lot. Gimme all the garlicy things.

And it is almost always used on steaks alone.

And yes I am a snob and turn my nose up at people who eat their steak with A1.

When I was waitressing, some people would eat their steaks with KETCHUP. I'm not much of a steak person but even I know better than that.

If a steak is cooked and seasoned properly no sauce should be needed at all.

The like three times I've had steak, I made it very raw and ate it with my hands. I'm part barbarian. It was freaking good.

My roommate and I mainly eat seafood and poultry, with the occasional pork. Beef is rare, because the environment. A lot of this also gets used on sauteed veggies
Two half-bulbs of garlic, we use sooo much garlic it's delicious. My roommate recently got a garlic press and OH MAH GAWD where has this been all my life?
LIme juice
lemon jouice
bbq sauce
mayo
ranch
balsamic dressing
Three mustards: regular yellow, spicy brown, and and honey dijon avocado mustard
siracha
sauerkraut
marinara
soy sauce
sesame oil
coconut oil
olive oil
canola oi
peanut oil
apple cider vinegar
rice vinegar
white whine vinegar
pink himalayan sea salt
steakhouse seasoning - we put it on fish and pork chops and it's amazing
garlic powder
rosemary
thyme
dill
cayenne
tabasco - pretty much just for deviled eggs
turmeric & curry powder - I will put these in fucking everything, they are soooo good
onion salt
literally three different honeys
blackstrap molasses
a few other things, they don't get used as much

I also have a gigantic bottle of vanilla extract from Mexico, but that's for mosquito repellant, I don't bake enough to use it in food. My grandpa says it's really good on ice cream, but my brain rejects that concept. If I'm eating vanilla ice cream, it's a good vanilla that doesn't need anything on it

Status
Not open for further replies.