AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Condiments, sauces and gravies.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even on burgers, there's better things to put on them than ketchup. Like caramelized onions and bbq sauce.... mmmmm....

I've never heard of that before, but now I need to get or make some. The amount of garlic that gets eaten in my house - it's a lot. Gimme all the garlicy things.

When I was waitressing, some people would eat their steaks with KETCHUP. I'm not much of a steak person but even I know better than that.

The like three times I've had steak, I made it very raw and ate it with my hands. I'm part barbarian. It was freaking good.

My roommate and I mainly eat seafood and poultry, with the occasional pork. Beef is rare, because the environment. A lot of this also gets used on sauteed veggies
Two half-bulbs of garlic, we use sooo much garlic it's delicious. My roommate recently got a garlic press and OH MAH GAWD where has this been all my life?
LIme juice
lemon jouice
bbq sauce
mayo
ranch
balsamic dressing
Three mustards: regular yellow, spicy brown, and and honey dijon avocado mustard
siracha
sauerkraut
marinara
soy sauce
sesame oil
coconut oil
olive oil
canola oi
peanut oil
apple cider vinegar
rice vinegar
white whine vinegar
pink himalayan sea salt
steakhouse seasoning - we put it on fish and pork chops and it's amazing
garlic powder
rosemary
thyme
dill
cayenne
tabasco - pretty much just for deviled eggs
turmeric & curry powder - I will put these in fucking everything, they are soooo good
onion salt
literally three different honeys
blackstrap molasses
a few other things, they don't get used as much

I also have a gigantic bottle of vanilla extract from Mexico, but that's for mosquito repellant, I don't bake enough to use it in food. My grandpa says it's really good on ice cream, but my brain rejects that concept. If I'm eating vanilla ice cream, it's a good vanilla that doesn't need anything on it
The best steaks are rare-med rare.... otherwise you may as well eat some leather lol.

The best steaks are rare-med rare.... otherwise you may as well eat some leather lol.
Are we looking to start another argument here?

Because I prefer my steak mid-well. Give me a Filet Mignon, Delmonico, or Rib-Eye mid-well with garlic parsley butter on it and I am a happy man.

Are we looking to start another argument here?

Because I prefer my steak mid-well. Give me a Filet Mignon, Delmonico, or Rib-Eye mid-well with garlic parsley butter on it and I am a happy man.
I use to prefer med well too, then I grew up and learned what a real steak is suppose to taste like lol. Seriously though, if it ain’t still mooing, I don’t want it.

You are right about the ketchup! Only a seriously demented person ruins a perfectly good steak with ketchup.

I use to prefer med well too, then I grew up and learned what a real steak is suppose to taste like lol. Seriously though, if it ain’t still mooing, I don’t want it.

You are right about the ketchup! Only a seriously demented person ruins a perfectly good steak with ketchup.
We will have to agree to disagree on how steak should be cooked.

But we completely agree that ketchup will ruin a good steak!

Ketchup on steak!? What in the world!? Were they five years old!? Why would you do that to a steak!? I am just flabbergasted at this...

Nope, grown-ass adults. Midwesterners just have some weird food habits, like thinking a bowl of iceberg lettuce swimming in ranch dressing is a salad. I'm talking more ranch than lettuce, I see it so much. I like ranch myself, but damn, that is TOO much. And throw some romaine or spinach or something in there, ugh.

Yep! A properly cooked steak is cooked on the outside, and transitions to cool on the inside. It should be that there's plenty of juice on the plate when eaten. I prefer mine very dark, almost purplish on the inside. Rare/med-rare is best. Anything more, and it's shoe leather. Thus, why people need to mask it in things such as A1, and other sauces.

Reactions: ElaySmith
Broil your steaks. #lifechanger

I hated steak my entire life. My boyfriend who can barely make toast wanted steak and said to broil it a couple months ago. He can't cook so I was hesitant to take his advice but I tried it. We've eaten hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of steak since then. He recently asked me to stop buying steak before we both die of heart attacks we've eaten so much.

I had no idea steak could be so delicious. I've seriously refused to eat fried or grilled steak my entire life. I've always found it terrible. Even with expensive cuts it basically had to be raw enough to cry out in pain when I cut into it or it was basically an old tire. Neither appealed to me. This way I cook them until medium or medium well and they are amazing.

Reactions: Useful-Title

I hated steak my entire life. My boyfriend who can barely make toast wanted steak and said to broil it a couple months ago. He can't cook so I was hesitant to take his advice but I tried it. We've eaten hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of steak since then. He recently asked me to stop buying steak before we both die of heart attacks we've eaten so much.

I had no idea steak could be so delicious. I've seriously refused to eat fried or grilled steak my entire life. I've always found it terrible. Even with expensive cuts it basically had to be raw enough to cry out in pain when I cut into it or it was basically an old tire. Neither appealed to me. This way I cook them until medium or medium well and they are amazing.

Grilling is all about flame control, and searing the outside on the hot grates. I loved using my Weber charcoal grill, as the flavour was great. But, where I live now, they only allow propane or electric. So, I have a two burner Weber propane grill. Reminds me, I just ran out a couple days ago. Need to refill the tank

Grilling is all about flame control, and searing the outside on the hot grates. I loved using my Weber charcoal grill, as the flavour was great. But, where I live now, they only allow propane or electric. So, I have a two burner Weber propane grill. Reminds me, I just ran out a couple days ago. Need to refill the tank

No, you won't convince me. I dated an amazing chef for two years and I couldn't even eat his steak. #broil4life #Idon'twanttoeatoldtires

No, you won't convince me. I dated an amazing chef for two years and I couldn't even eat his steak. #broil4life #Idon'twanttoeatoldtires

If you were closer, I'd offer up a meal so you could try it. Same with chicken, grilled to where it is done, yet still very moist on the inside.

If you were closer, I'd offer up a meal so you could try it. Same with chicken, grilled to where it is done, yet still very moist on the inside.

I'm not a huge chicken fan either but that's simply because back when I was having health issues I ate a plain, skinless chicken breast for supper with some type of veggie every night for about 6 months. Unless I was feeling energetic (which is rare when you're sick) and cooked an entire Turkey. I used to like chicken cooked in any manner.

Broiling steaks should be the go to cooking method for cold weather months. You are able to get an even sear on all sides, and you can finish the steaks to your preferred doneness in an oven. I believe this is how most steakhouses prepare their steaks.

Also a thumbs up on liking your steaks mid to mid-well. Seems there are a bunch of people who will “agree to disagree” with our preference in how steaks should be cooked.

Broiling steaks should be the go to cooking method for cold weather months. You are able to get an even sear on all sides, and you can finish the steaks to your preferred doneness in an oven. I believe this is how most steakhouses prepare their steaks.

Also a thumbs up on liking your steaks mid to mid-well. Seems there are a bunch of people who will “agree to disagree” with our preference in how steaks should be cooked.
I've made many steaks on the grill outside while it was snowing.

But did you put ketchup on them? LOL!

And you are a braver man than I.
I have to draw the line somewhere for standing outside and tending the grill, and snow on the ground is a bit further then I would like go there.
Snow on the ground? It was snowing. Heavily.

Although when I don't have a deck or patio to grill on I'll cook a steak with the iron skillet method. Start it on top of the stove, then into the oven under the broiler. Makes a glorious amount of smoke.

Bringing this back around to sauces and such, no ketchup but I do like a nice Bearnaise sauce on occasion...

I think a pretty common practice at steak houses is sous vide and finish under broiler or sear on hot pan.

It all depends on the quality and cut of meat. I prefer good quality marbled steaks like ribeyes on the rare to medium rare scale. If you need steak sauce or ketchup, then it's either overcooked or a lower quality meat.

Costco's tri-tips are usually a good buy and rather tasty.

I prefer top sirloin for homemade burgers and will often make a hand-rolled meatball sized sampling of it with salt and pepper and eat it raw. It's delicious!

Reactions: dilligaf0
I miss tri-tips. The Midwest butchers around here don't know what they are. :(

I miss tri-tips. The Midwest butchers around here don't know what they are. :(
Yeah I've had some conversations in my MFC chat about "WTF is a tri-tip?" I guess it's mostly a west'ish coast thing?

Yeah I've had some conversations in my MFC chat about "WTF is a tri-tip?" I guess it's mostly a west'ish coast thing?

Yep, here they do it as a shoulder roast. But, what's funny is that the back straps on wild game are huge in terms of tastiest part of the animal. Would figure someone would know about it then...

Have you tried their pre-seasoned ones? Delishhhh.
A little sea salt, fresh ground pepper with a bit of garlic spice is all I like on steak and pork chops. Not a big fan of paprika and all that other stuff they put in those mixed seasonings.

Now sauteed shrooms & onions atop a good steak are always a good addition afaic.

What do backstraps have in common with tri-tip cuts?

I got my cuts mixed up. I was thinking the tri-tip came from the shoulder area, and was thinking how people go crazy over backstrap cuts on deer and ruin the tritip by doing a different cut. But, tri-tips are a select cut from around the tenderloin area.

Status
Not open for further replies.