AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Could I have some clarification on this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2022
So, my favorite model returned after a two-week holiday.
We had a great conversation until she said one thing. She said she was overcharging some customers.
She charges 8 tk a minute on SC. I think that is the lowest rate.
I said, NO, you undercharge. (Once again, I know, I know, not my business!)
She says because she doesn't use toys, and only shows her naked body in pvt, she will be charging less. This is especially for what she called "beginners".
She says she will take 200 tk.

Can someone tell me how this works? I thought SC and CB, (she is on both), charge by the minute. Does she negotiate for a flat fee of 200 tk? (I didn't know this could be done)?
As a side note, I am pissed. I have a feeling this is her studio, and not her personal choice. Why would she do this? Why would she cut her rates, when she says she is struggling?
Not a huge deal. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

We had a great conversation until she said one thing. She said she was overcharging some customers.
She says because she doesn't use toys, and only shows her naked body in pvt, she will be charging less. This is especially for what she called "beginners".

Can someone tell me how this works? I thought SC and CB, (she is on both), charge by the minute. Does she negotiate for a flat fee of 200 tk? (I didn't know this could be done)?
As a side note, I am pissed. I have a feeling this is her studio, and not her personal choice. Why would she do this? Why would she cut her rates, when she says she is struggling?
Please recommend she come here for advice from other models on how to price herself. I hate to hear about models underselling themselves.

I am puzzled too, SC private shows are per minute and 8 tokens is the minimum.

Please recommend she come here for advice from other models on how to price herself. I hate to hear about models underselling themselves.
She doesn't speak English at all. The only language she knows is Russian. She uses a translator to communicate on the sites she streams on. Is there a Russian equivalent of this forum? lol!

She streams on 5 sites. I know CB and SC are two, and Live Jasmin is a 3rd. I am not sure what the other two are. I am pretty sure they are FlirtForFree and CamSoda, but I am not sure. I am not even sure what sites are "white labels" of other sites. Her studio does not take kindly to questions about her work, even in pvt chat, so I don't ask. I just wait for her to volunteer information. Anyway, this 200 tk might be for one of the other sites she streams on.

Reactions: Ozzie_
She doesn't speak English at all. The only language she knows is Russian. She uses a translator to communicate on the sites she streams on. Is there a Russian equivalent of this forum? lol!
Hotel Transylvania Reaction GIF

Reactions: Nienna
There is of course nothing from stopping her from using a translator to read in Russian and post in English here.
I will suggest it! Having said that, her studio won't like it at all. I am forever using euphemisms and skirting around topics. I know for a fact the studio admins read our conversations. I don't want to get her, (or myself) in trouble.

I will suggest it! Having said that, her studio won't like it at all. I am forever using euphemisms and skirting around topics. I know for a fact the studio admins read our conversations. I don't want to get her, (or myself) in trouble.
Well.. be very careful then. After all, it is really up to her what (if anything) she does.

If you're talking about private show rates, yes, 8 tokens/minute is extremely cheap, and she should definitely raise that rate. I could understand that maybe being the rate for a group show. On MyFreeCams the show rates are already set by the site itself (Not us models), and I like it that way. MFC group shows are 10 tokens/minute...private is 60 tokens/minute...true private is 80 tokens/minute. When I was on SC, I used to set those show rates as close as possible to how they are on MFC.

Now I am curious. What site could offer a pvt show for a flat rate of 200 tk? She used the word "take" "I take 200 tokens". Could be the translator. Again, I am even more curious because I dare not ask.

Now I am curious. What site could offer a pvt show for a flat rate of 200 tk? She used the word "take" "I take 200 tokens". Could be the translator. Again, I am even more curious because I dare not ask.
My favorite model on CB charges a flat rate of 999 tk for an hour of private. What she does is she password locks the room, and PMs you the password. The only downside is that it doesn't save a copy of the private show for you like it normally would.

Some models may charge an additional amount of tokens to do specific acts within the private show, so you got the base rate of 8tks per minute, then if - for example - you also pay the 200 tks, you get her to use toys.
Or on CB you can obviously tip 200 and go for a password show.

Some models may charge an additional amount of tokens to do specific acts within the private show, so you got the base rate of 8tks per minute, then if - for example - you also pay the 200 tks, you get her to use toys.
Or on CB you can obviously tip 200 and go for a password show.
I was not aware of the password show option on CB. Thank you. I know she is not doing extra stuff on these shows, in fact, she told me they get less. For 200 tk, I should hope so. I am getting angrier because I know her studio is using her and I have no way of letting her know. Does SC have a password show option?

I made a post about this last year, which detailed how the studio was controlling my favorite model's per minute rate to 8-tokens per minute.

I can't speak for Russian based studios, but it is definitely a thing that occurs in Colombian studios.

I made a post about this last year, which detailed how the studio was controlling my favorite model's per minute rate to 8-tokens per minute.

I can't speak for Russian based studios, but it is definitely a thing that occurs in Colombian studios.
It is just weird. She comes back after a two-week absence and says she has been overcharging guys. Apparently, because she doesn't use toys. I know from past conversations that she would not have made that decision herself. The studio obviously did, but she doesn't seem to be too upset about it. I want to tell her that she is already charging the lowest she can on SC, probably CB too, but I can't because the studio would definitely ban me and probably fine her. Now she is going even cheaper, apparently for "beginners". I think maybe the studio is trying to get more traffic for her. That is the only thing I can think of. Another thing, how did they come up with "overcharging"? Did someone complain? It is a Russian studio, and therefore de-facto illegal. How could someone complain? I should just let it go, but it is bugging me.

It is just weird. She comes back after a two-week absence and says she has been overcharging guys. Apparently, because she doesn't use toys. I know from past conversations that she would not have made that decision herself. The studio obviously did, but she doesn't seem to be too upset about it. I want to tell her that she is already charging the lowest she can on SC, probably CB too, but I can't because the studio would definitely ban me and probably fine her. Now she is going even cheaper, apparently for "beginners". I think maybe the studio is trying to get more traffic for her. That is the only thing I can think of. Another thing, how did they come up with "overcharging"? Did someone complain? It is a Russian studio, and therefore de-facto illegal. How could someone complain? I should just let it go, but it is bugging me.

According to some posters in my thread, the studios stick with what works for them. In my case, my model told me that price increases are reserved for the best performing models, and that they are encouraged to ask for extra tokens during the private if the member asks for something beyond just nudity. Luckily, my model was able to leave that studio and went to a much better studio with a much higher payout percentage and was allowed to control her own per-minute rates.

I am going to be blunt here, although I mean no disrespect to you or your model friend.
I know she is not doing extra stuff on these shows, in fact, she told me they get less. For 200 tk, I should hope so.
Unless she is clueless, she should be aware of things like rates etc and how she compares with others. It is not your worry/responsibility. Just make sure you tip her well when YOU take her private. ;)
I am getting angrier because I know her studio is using her and I have no way of letting her know.
There really is no point in you getting angry.

Does she seem like she is being used? Does she appeared cowed or unhappy when she is online?

Don't project your own feelings onto her situation. Surely if the situation was intolerable she would be looking for other options. And you said she just returned from a two week holiday. If the studio was so "evil", would she be "allowed" to take holidays?

I have (genuine) concerns for your own emotional welfare. You seem to be overly invested in the well-being of someone whom you cannot really know, as by your own admission, your interactions are monitored by her employers .Maybe some of the interactions are even with an agent of the employer and not her?

I understand caring for others and becoming overly involved, It is something I had to keep in check when I first visited SC, and I know that true online friendships are possible, but you do have to keep perspective for your own well-being .
Does SC have a password show option?
No.

Unless she is clueless, she should be aware of things like rates etc and how she compares with others. It is not your worry/responsibility. Just make sure you tip her well when YOU take her private. ;)
This. Guys come here all the time to ask how they can "help" performers they think are struggling in some way. Money. It's money. We all show up to make money. The way to help is to spend more money on her.

If you can't do that, I guess it's nice to want to help but there's not a lot to be done. It's her job, money is the goal. Your job is not to worry about her money.

I am going to be blunt here, although I mean no disrespect to you or your model friend.

There really is no point in you getting angry.

Does she seem like she is being used? Does she appeared cowed or unhappy when she is online?

Don't project your own feelings onto her situation. Surely if the situation was intolerable she would be looking for other options. And you said she just returned from a two week holiday. If the studio was so "evil", would she be "allowed" to take holidays?

I have (genuine) concerns for your own emotional welfare. You seem to be overly invested in the well-being of someone whom you cannot really know, as by your own admission, your interactions are monitored by her employers .Maybe some of the interactions are even with an agent of the employer and not her?

I understand caring for others and becoming overly involved, It is something I had to keep in check when I first visited SC, and I know that true online friendships are possible, but you do have to keep perspective for your own well-being .

No.
Fair enough.

This. Guys come here all the time to ask how they can "help" performers they think are struggling in some way. Money. It's money. We all show up to make money. The way to help is to spend more money on her.

If you can't do that, I guess it's nice to want to help but there's not a lot to be done. It's her job, money is the goal. Your job is not to worry about her money.
Understood. Thank you.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Understood. Thank you.
I don't mean to be harsh either, just honest. I find that so many well-meaning people get too involved when it should just be a bit of fun to get on cam, do what I came to do, and be done with it.

With your experiences specifically, I totally get that you are concerned with the bigger picture of workplace conditions and performer wellbeing. But I do think that you are letting yourself get caught up in elements of it that you can't have any impact on, and it might keep you from enjoying yourself fully during your cam site time.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I don't mean to be harsh either, just honest. I find that so many well-meaning people get too involved when it should just be a bit of fun to get on cam, do what I came to do, and be done with it.

With your experiences specifically, I totally get that you are concerned with the bigger picture of workplace conditions and performer wellbeing. But I do think that you are letting yourself get caught up in elements of it that you can't have any impact on, and it might keep you from enjoying yourself fully during your cam site time.
Not at all. I really value your input, and I am genuinely appreciative. I am asking myself more and more frequently if I am deluding myself in thinking that I can be a real friend. Sorry for the introspection, it is something I do to a fault. You are correct, the best way I can help is just to support her, with kind, sincere words and of course, tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.