AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Could this method work for camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
Haven't been on cam in quite a while, needing to get "work" done being a freelancer, and sitting in front of cam wasn't being cos effective.. but kinda getting the "itch" to give it another go. Should be moving next month and will have my own place, making it easier. The moving is also making a need for extra income important.

Anywho.. here is what I was thinking.

Set up, go on cam, etc.. like usual. But do the work* I need to get done. Members come in room, etc.. give them some attention, but focus will be on work. They want my full attention, pay for it. If not? Leave! Granted, I would have to balance that in a way to make it seem like it'd be a (privilege?) to get that attention and not that I was a jerk or something. Kinda like playing hard to get.. I dunno.

*I do consider webcam modeling real work.

No idea if that would work, and if it'd be different between women and men.

Models thoughts? And uhh.. the men who watch the women's thoughts whose thoughts may or may not apply here? Thanks!

Though that sounds good in theory and all, that method doesn't work for any camgirls--so I'm definitely thinking it's not going to go well for a camboy. I'd think that being a guy, you are already being put at a disadvantage. As nice as it would be to be able to get your other work done on cam, I believe you'd do quite a lot better engaging with anyone who comes into your room with genuine interest/interaction and heavy flirting and teasing. :twocents-02cents:

Yeah.. that would be the problem. Other choice could be to be on cams.com, in nude chat, and just work nude. :lol:

Maybe blend it, so when a member comes in, stop and give him or her full attention. I did have stretches of 30+ or more minutes without a member even entering if I recall corrected. So doing something useful with that time would be nice.

^ I've done that when I used to work on AdultWork and would turn on paid chat only. I'd just do my homework while I waited for shows. I'd usually make a bit less than what I'd make if I had free chat on, but it was nice to get multiple things done at once.

Yeah, paid chats do bring in less.

One goodie I thought of. On cams.com, you can set yourself to be on skinvideo (I think) and there is an option that you can have your nude chat go in to their featured section and they pay you $30 an hour while on camera (if selected). I believe you can also make tips. So that'd be even nicer, to get that, be paid even if no one ever comes in while you work!

Kalb said:
Yeah, paid chats do bring in less.

One goodie I thought of. On cams.com, you can set yourself to be on skinvideo (I think) and there is an option that you can have your nude chat go in to their featured section and they pay you $30 an hour while on camera (if selected). I believe you can also make tips. So that'd be even nicer, to get that, be paid even if no one ever comes in while you work!

Sorry this is cams.com that has hourly pay? Or skin video? While hourly pay is cool most that do it only continue to give the hourly if you are making like more than double that in pvts. But it would be cool as shit to have for a bit even if they yank it later on over earnings:)

RainbowBryte said:
Sorry this is cams.com that has hourly pay? Or skin video? While hourly pay is cool most that do it only continue to give the hourly if you are making like more than double that in pvts. But it would be cool as shit to have for a bit even if they yank it later on over earnings:)
Cams.com or streamray.

There are several options for Nude Chat. One you can set yourself to Nude/Tipping, but I believe that means even free members can come in. The other is Nude Only, which I believe is a paid chat. That is under Nude Broadcast Options, and they don't tell you this.

But there is also this option:

Reading it now.. the "fine" print makes it sound like they take some of the $30 or just from tips. Not sure. They do have a live support chat now, to answer questions. But if it is the full $30 then plus tips, could be really profitable for you gals who know how to get tips. I have no experience doing that lol.

Nude Chat Bonus Program
Want to earn up to $30 per hour, plus tips, on StripShow.com while making money in nude chats on Cams? If so, sign up and be eligible for a paid spot. When a spot becomes available, you may be selected based on your Nude Chat WON ranking.
Yes, sign me up!
No, thanks.
If you're in the Nude Chat Bonus Program and are one of the chosen models:
A message will appear on your broadcaster that says, "You are now earning $30 an hour plus tips on http://StripShow.com"
You will appear to be in "Tipping chat" on StripShow.com and nude chat on Cams.com at the same time.
You will earn $0.50 per minute plus tips. (Cams.com deducts 10% credit card fees and 25% for marketing fees from all charges prior to the earnings percentage being calculated.)

I am curious about how makeup/hair affects camscore/popularity/income
I have always found that I do a lot better on nights where I put more "effort" into getting dolled up, not sure if its my looks OR if when its just making me act more confident/happy, or both.

Kalb, have you tried Chaturbate or streamate? I think they both accept male cams as well and you might find more success on there. Hope you figure out what works for you. :thumbleft: Good luck.

blackxrose said:
Kalb, have you tried Chaturbate or streamate? I think they both accept male cams as well and you might find more success on there. Hope you figure out what works for you. :thumbleft: Good luck.
No I haven't, Chaturbate kinda scares me when I go to their male page, hahaha... and stream mate, had an account, but never really gave it much try. Only place I've really put effort in, was on LJ. But I've put camming on hold until I move in to my own place. Trying to work around other people's schedule's I realize was going to make it too hard to develop regulars. And usually the times I could go on cam, I was finding were awful for getting traffic.

Kalb said:
blackxrose said:
No I haven't, Chaturbate kinda scares me when I go to their male page, hahaha... and stream mate, had an account, but never really gave it much try. Only place I've really put effort in, was on LJ. But I've put camming on hold until I move in to my own place. Trying to work around other people's schedule's I realize was going to make it too hard to develop regulars. And usually the times I could go on cam, I was finding were awful for getting traffic.
Streamate is the only site that's worked for me when I didn't have a regular schedule. It can be worth it if you stick out the bumpy first couple weeks. Plus if you get to where you can get gold shows that really helps. You could always try closing your old account and then signing back up with DailyPay.

Status
Not open for further replies.