AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

creepy stalkers ...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
schlmoe said:
Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
Ignorant_Slut said:
Sucks because now you can't trust anyone and most of us aren't creepy stalkers. Don't give out personal info.

So sad, because it's so true...

95% of the population is DEFINITELY not out to get you. But the 5% that are maybes ruin it for the 95% because it's impossible to tell the maybes from the definitely nots.
Yes, and the scary part is, a small percentage becomes rather enormous when considering our overpopulated world. 5% of the U.S. is like having EVERYONE in Scandinavia "after you." :(

Let's not get too excited here. Even though 1 or 2 stalkers is too many, it's no where near 5% of the US population or "1 in a 1000" of the US population. Narrow it down to late teen to adult age. Further narrow it down to the percentage of that group who have constant internet access AND browse cam sites (or who are members).

To say that is the equivalent to the population of Scandinavia or the size of medium-large military unit is pure hyperbole, and patently false.
We all know that 95% of the time people just make up statistics. And at least 75% of those are just based on some wrong bit of info people have heard and the other 15% of that 95% is just out and out lies

Jessi said:
Here are some statistics about stalking that might be useful

http://crime.about.com/od/stats/a/stalkingstats.htm

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2011/tables/11s0315.pdf

http://www.haltabuse.org/resources/stats/index.shtml

Like one of the pages says, this can be a difficult thing to report, especially if its cyberstalking.
I also feel like camsites aren't just a free sample of the general population but that they might have a tendency to attract people who are a bit...off. JUST speculation though.
See? trying to throw facts in to a convo when they are clearly not needed.

In the US we have to constitutional right to keep and arm bears. So get a bear and give it a gun you'll be completely fine.

schlmoe said:
Nordling said:
LadyLuna said:
Ignorant_Slut said:
Sucks because now you can't trust anyone and most of us aren't creepy stalkers. Don't give out personal info.

So sad, because it's so true...

95% of the population is DEFINITELY not out to get you. But the 5% that are maybes ruin it for the 95% because it's impossible to tell the maybes from the definitely nots.
Yes, and the scary part is, a small percentage becomes rather enormous when considering our overpopulated world. 5% of the U.S. is like having EVERYONE in Scandinavia "after you." :(

Let's not get too excited here. Even though 1 or 2 stalkers is too many, it's no where near 5% of the US population or "1 in a 1000" of the US population. Narrow it down to late teen to adult age. Further narrow it down to the percentage of that group who have constant internet access AND browse cam sites (or who are members).

To say that is the equivalent to the population of Scandinavia or the size of medium-large military unit is pure hyperbole, and patently false.
Ahem, I can't speak for Nordling but I was stating that 1 in 1000 of the population of the USA is equivalent to the size of a medium-large military, and therefore is a highly unrealistic amount of stalkers.

In fact according to the 2009 census the USA has 307,000,000 people, so one in one thousand is just over 300,000 - that's equivalent to the militaries of the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada (combined).

Neudiin said:
In the US we have to constitutional right to keep and arm bears. So get a bear and give it a gun you'll be completely fine.
If you do not use your rights you may as well let the government take them from you.

gtKiD.jpg

Jessi said:
Human said:
Let's keep things in perspective. This kind of Internet harassment is scary, but it's rare that someone will have the perseverance and resources to really come after you in person.

While I agree, they can still be destructive/malicious even if they're too poor to get to you physically. They could send screenshots of you camming to family members they found via your facebook, or blackmail you with the threat of doing so.
This is another reason I decline family connections or tags on facebook.

Absolutely, agreed. I had a client who was screen-cap'd by someone who knew her and her family and who tried to blackmail her. She had her home state blocked, but he had moved somewhere else. He posted videos of her on his youtube channel (blue video-dots to cover bathing-suit parts, but it was clear she was nude) and gave out her real name. She had the videos removed, and she went after him for extortion. She was strong enough and sensible enough to handle the situation in a way which left her okay with herself. But it sure as hell hurt. It could have been even worse than it was.

One of my male dancer clients, who is straight, works in a gay club. He had a very macho-oriented day job, and one of his co-workers took a job as a bouncer. It was more than difficult for him when rumors started flying at work.

There have also been vicious and untrue rumors spread about local high school and community college girls, pushing them to the brink.

I really don't think you can keep camming or any other kind of adult performance secret forever. I know it's easier said than done, but it's best if you've prepared for the day you have to deal with being 'outed' to friends, co-workers, or family.

On the positive side, most people who know you will say nothing to anyone, out of embarrassment for having watched you. Your parents and other relatives may go into shock if told, but you can hope they'll be more hurt than angry, and angrier at the tattle-tale than at you.

I hope this helps. I realize it's a controversial topic.

Stalking someone seems like a lot of work, and I am just too damned lazy to put in the effort necessary to succeed.

A lot of guys can act stalker-ish so becareful. Don't give any email addresses out, stick with MFC mail. I have learned my lesson.

SoftMochi said:
A lot of guys can act stalker-ish so becareful. Don't give any email addresses out, stick with MFC mail. I have learned my lesson.
Thread necro? Last post was in 2011. :think:

Rose said:
SoftMochi said:

I have to admit, this is the first forum I've ever been on. When I found it, I immersed myself for literally 5+ hours every day. When I finally gathered the courage to start putting in my own 2 cents, it turned out that the threads hadn't been used in a long time. I had NO IDEA that it was bad forum etiquette to revive a dead thread unless it's really important. So, don't worry, Mochi. I've been there too. :)

I_Am_Iris said:
Rose said:
SoftMochi said:

I have to admit, this is the first forum I've ever been on. When I found it, I immersed myself for literally 5+ hours every day. When I finally gathered the courage to start putting in my own 2 cents, it turned out that the threads hadn't been used in a long time. I had NO IDEA that it was bad forum etiquette to revive a dead thread unless it's really important. So, don't worry, Mochi. I've been there too. :)

It's often not the fact that an old thread is dredged up, but the fact that it's done without a clear reason that is the problem. It's one thing to add a new insight to a discussion that ended (or was given up on) in ages long past, it's quite another to do this when all you're going to say is something that is common knowledge/sense or something that was already covered in the thread.

If you're just going to add something generic, why not just make a new thread about that? It'll take less time AND make sure you won't have the thread derailed with "OMG NECRO!" responses.

Reactions: SoftMochi
Leon_Omega said:
If you're just going to add something generic, why not just make a new thread about that? It'll take less time AND make sure you won't have the thread derailed with "OMG NECRO!" responses.

But if you're going to add something generic, there's NO REASON for a new thread. For example, one bot/stupid person posted on a shitload of threads just random dumb things. Like the "models with pretty eyes" thread, he would say, "Yeah, those are pretty." Or on a thread about funny tv shows, they would add something like, "Yeah, I liked that too."

Don't encourage new threads for generic/often talked about things!!!

Shaun__ said:
dilligaf0 said:
Aren't all stalkers "creepy"?

Seems a little redundant. :twocents-02cents:

Only the ones you know about. The non-creepy ones are much scarier, and are a very good reason to keep things locked down.
I think he means the act of stalking is creepy in itself. Even if the guy doesn't come off as creepy, the second he starts stalking someone, he becomes creepy.

Reactions: Nordling
PlayboyMegan said:
I think he means the act of stalking is creepy in itself. Even if the guy doesn't come off as creepy, the second he starts stalking someone, he becomes creepy.

Sometimes I get a feeling about people, something in my subconscious just starts screaming at me. Often I learn later they were bad. That is what I would consider creepy.

Other times people slide in close, and put the blade in my back between my ribs. They are always such nice people, lots of fun to hang out with. They might be horrible scum, but they never made my skin crawl. They still don't to be honest.

Reactions: LadyLuna
PlayboyMegan said:

The Dobler Domer theory from How I Met Your Mother states If both parties like each other mutually, a romantic gesture becomes “charming,” but if only one person likes the other, the same romantic gesture becomes “creepy”

I_Am_Iris said:
Leon_Omega said:

But if you're going to add something generic, there's NO REASON for a new thread. For example, one bot/stupid person posted on a shitload of threads just random dumb things. Like the "models with pretty eyes" thread, he would say, "Yeah, those are pretty." Or on a thread about funny tv shows, they would add something like, "Yeah, I liked that too."

Don't encourage new threads for generic/often talked about things!!!
Well, yeah, I think I mayhave picked the wrong word. I meant that if they were going to add something that had no value to the discussion that was going on, it was more pointless to dig up an ancient thread than it would be to create a new one. Ideally they wouldn't have said anything, but clearly this person wasn't in the mood to not talk

Status
Not open for further replies.