AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
PetitGatinha said:
Rant about reasons for not camming
JerryBoBerry said:
Options to help Petit start camming

Jerry is right. Maybe not entirely, and he could have responded in a less-abrasive way, but in this aspect, he is.

Guys on cam will NOT notice if you have had a recent mani/pedi. Hell, they usually can't even tell if you've gotten your hair done recently (unless they're long-time regulars and see you EVERY day). They will not care about your eyebrows. And if body hair bothers YOU that much, then buy a home-waxing kit. You can get them for about $4. Otherwise, get on cam with a hairy bush. Quite a few men like that. You can go out and get yourself dolled up and feeling pretty again once you have made a few bucks.

If you're using these excuses now to NOT get on cam (and being so defensive and irrational to helpful options), there's probably an underlying cause. It's normal to feel nervous before starting a new job. It's normal to feel SUPER nervous before camming in front of 100s of people. And that is ok. Decide if you seriously, honestly want to do this. If you don't, then get another job. Fast food and retail are always hiring. But if you DO want to cam, don't make excuses, just LOG ON! You're probably the only one judging your eyebrows and long toenails. See how silly those reasons are? Just log on, and TRY. You can't make money if you don't. And if you keep prolonging the logging on portion of everyone's advice, your excuses will soon change from "I haven't had a pedicure" to "I don't have electricity."

I_Am_Iris said:
PetitGatinha said:
Rant about reasons for not camming
JerryBoBerry said:
Options to help Petit start camming

Jerry is right. Maybe not entirely, and he could have responded in a less-abrasive way, but in this aspect, he is.

Technically that was the less abrasive way. You should have read what I sent in DM to someone else.

Growing up we had to grow a garden every year just to have food to eat. Had to raise rabbits and chickens too. We canned and dried to preserve food so we could keep eating during the winter. When a shirt I was wearing would wear out my mother would rip all the seams apart to use it as a pattern on material to make me new shirts. We'd collect cans to be able to buy bread at times. Blah blah blah you get the idea. 12 miles one way in the snow barefoot and so on. Basically we made do with what we had and did whatever was necessary to keep going.

So when I see someone today complain she's going hungry because she can't get a manicure, a wax job and her eyebrows done I laugh my mother fucking ass off at the absurdity.

I took too long, my post is no longer relevant x.x

JerryBoBerry said:
Technically that was the less abrasive way. You should have read what I sent in DM to someone else.

Growing up we had to grow a garden every year just to have food to eat. Had to raise rabbits and chickens too. We canned and dried to preserve food so we could keep eating during the winter. When a shirt I was wearing would wear out my mother would rip all the seams apart to use it as a pattern on material to make me new shirts. We'd collect cans to be able to buy bread at times. Blah blah blah you get the idea. 12 miles one way in the snow barefoot and so on. Basically we made do with what we had and did whatever was necessary to keep going.

So when I see someone today complain she's going hungry because she can't get a manicure, a wax job and her eyebrows done I laugh my mother fucking ass off at the absurdity.

Get off my fucking lawn, you don't know me or my life. One rant doesn't define who I am and doesn't give you the SLIGHTEST idea what I go through every day. You want to go batshit on someone you first make sure your arguments are valid.

Godiva420 said:
PetitGatinha said:
Godiva420 said:
Ok, whoa...just want to stop ya there. First off he didn't lump all of anyone together into a stereotype...he used reason (in my opinion). No, they may not "all do them at a "professional level" but many people have to learn how to do these things on their own, whether they go to a professional regularly or not, since one day they may have to do it on their own. I have never been able to afford to go to professionals, the closest I've ever had was a local beauty college where I'd pay 10 bucks to get my hair (which is VERY thick and past my butt in length) styled. My hair takes roughly 2-3 hrs to style, and I'm talking a simple straightening just so I can brush it, not anything really fancy. Since I moved I've had to do this on my own. All of this I do while working on cam stuff 6 hrs a day plus a vanilla job for about 4-6 hrs.

Another part of your statement about your statement...how could people from long ago just not have an allergy, and now they do? They probably did have the allergy then, but we don't hear about it. Personally, I can't use wax. I don't know why, but no matter if it's professional, or when I try it myself, about two hairs get removed only.

Also, please don't make it sound like stay-at-home moms have nothing to do, but primp while feeding a baby all day. I'm not a mother, but if I were (especially a stay-at-home mom) I'd be more than a little offended. Even if you argue that you're only talking about in times of old...something tells me they actually had more work. For instance, try washing things without soap, try cooking meals without kitchen appliances. Yes, they may have had tools, but nothing like now.

Ok, sorry if that offended, but be careful about your words next time please. :/

I don't need anyone telling me what I should or shouldn't be able to do myself. If I don't do my own manicure/pedicure it's because I can't, and people need to accept that not everybody can do what everybody else does. Not everybody can cook, not everybody can drive, and not everybody can do something as well as others can. His response to my genuine rant was uncalled for and deserved mine. If he can be a sarcastic twat I sure as hell can too. I don't find it acceptable to make fun of someone's distress when you know absolutely nothing about them. Or ever, really, because seriously... what kind of jerk does that?

Sorry if it seemed like we were. I understand not everyone can do everything. I was merely suggesting taking time to try to work on those skills (again no offence intended), again coming from someone who had to learn these skills because otherwise she wouldn't have had these treatments not being able to afford professionals.

Oh, and about the allergies, I have allergies to razors so I can't shave, hence why I mentioned wax. But since our friend knows me so well, he thought I could use them! So this "he just used reason" excuse... yeah, no.

I never doubted your allergy, I asked why you thought they didn't have the allergy back in the day. I have heard of such allergies before. My mother actually has one similar...a metal allergy specifically.

Posting my rant here was a mistake that I now regret, and shall not be looking into this thread anymore.

Fair enough, I wasn't meaning to offend you, but if you need to go that far so be it. Jerry is a pretty ok dude, and I doubt you really bothered either of us. I was just trying to make sure no one got upset, when they didn't need it. *shrug

I am definitely not offended by your comment. I just see no reason to defend a person who was clearly attacking me without so much as a valid reason. Thank you for the support.

I_Am_Iris said:

Guys on cam will NOT notice if you have had a recent mani/pedi. Hell, they usually can't even tell if you've gotten your hair done recently (unless they're long-time regulars and see you EVERY day). They will not care about your eyebrows. And if body hair bothers YOU that much, then buy a home-waxing kit. You can get them for about $4. Otherwise, get on cam with a hairy bush. Quite a few men like that. You can go out and get yourself dolled up and feeling pretty again once you have made a few bucks.

If you're using these excuses now to NOT get on cam (and being so defensive and irrational to helpful options), there's probably an underlying cause. It's normal to feel nervous before starting a new job. It's normal to feel SUPER nervous before camming in front of 100s of people. And that is ok. Decide if you seriously, honestly want to do this. If you don't, then get another job. Fast food and retail are always hiring. But if you DO want to cam, don't make excuses, just LOG ON! You're probably the only one judging your eyebrows and long toenails. See how silly those reasons are? Just log on, and TRY. You can't make money if you don't. And if you keep prolonging the logging on portion of everyone's advice, your excuses will soon change from "I haven't had a pedicure" to "I don't have electricity."

Likewise, thank you for being actually helpful. I understand how my rant may have come off as self-pitying, but I am sure it would have been better to ask me about it than attacking me for what I said.

I'm not going hungry so I can go to the salon get dollied up. I made investments for a decent place to live and for things I will need to start camming. These extra expenses have had a final effect on my budget a lot greater than I anticipated, and now I can barely eat until my next pay. So getting dollied up is not the big issue here even though I mentioned it because I really need it, not only for camming but for my JOB, which I do have. Our friend said I procrastinated, oh well that must be what it means nowadays to work 48hrs per week.

So yeah I regret making my first post here. I will refrain from doing so again.

Reactions: WickedTouch
PetitGatinha said:
JerryBoBerry said:

Get off my fucking lawn, you don't know me or my life. One rant doesn't define who I am and doesn't give you the SLIGHTEST idea what I go through every day. You want to go batshit on someone you first make sure your arguments are valid.

O_O now calm down!

You sure you can deal with members on MFC? Like...jerry is a active member on MFC that vists ACF girls often, if you are treating him like that...can you handle trolls and clueless members on your room? You should ponder your feelings towards camming. Also, like i say on models only: You are posting something on the internet, at the moment you press "submit" you are making your rant available to comments to internet people. If you don't want people trying to help out/comenting...just don't post.

I know you are venting and all, but as Iris said, log on. If you don't get online you wont make a single token, and that's for sure, or do you think offline tips shower out? Careful on how you are showing yourself here. Camming can be stressful but you don't need to make it harder by blocking non-model comments. :twocents-02cents:

PetitGatinha said:
I'm not going hungry so I can go to the salon get dollied up. I made investments for a decent place to live and for things I will need to start camming. These extra expenses have had a final effect on my budget a lot greater than I anticipated, and now I can barely eat until my next pay. So getting dollied up is not the big issue here even though I mentioned it because I really need it, not only for camming but for my JOB, which I do have. Our friend said I procrastinated, oh well that must be what it means nowadays to work 48hrs per week.

First time I cammed all I had was a $20 logitech cam and horrendously bad lighting. I was furry down there, had no makeup, nails were cut really short because I hated that extra clicking feeling when I typed for long periods of time(PC gaming with long nails=bananas). If it weren't for showers I would have hardly even seen my toes in years. Hell I cam regularly now and I have never gotten a manicure or pedicure in my life.

I agree with the comments saying just go for it. Be comfortable in your own skin and just have fun with it! It's your room and your rules, there's no reason to put undue stress on yourself!

You have another job but you insist you're hungry and struggling. As you said
At least I can keep learning and getting ready, but getting ready only isn't going to give me any extra money at the end of the month
This is all the more reason to say fuck it and go for it! If you want the dolled up thing for your 9 to 5 as you said above then even more reason to cam and help fund it! Most of us on this site wish the best for fellow models and members. We mean well and don't want to see someone else suffer needlessly.

PetitGatinha said:
I had many extra expenses this month and now I'm so broke I can barely eat. I want to start camming once for all but I need a manicure, pedicure, wax job, do my eyebrows... and obviously I can't do any of that now. It's so frustrating. At least I can keep learning and getting ready, but getting ready only isn't going to give me any extra money at the end of the month.

Let's break this down:
~Doing a mani/pedi at home takes 30 min. and if you use cheap nail polish/remover the overall cost is around $1 each time, if that.
~Waxing? Don't worry about that, just go on cam with your pubes/underarm hair/leg hair whatever and rock the hell out of it. Some guys absolutely LOVE that sort of thing (many of my regs are because of my bush!) If you really feel the need, you can get cheap wax kits at any drugstore and do it at home. Or you can use sugaring, which you can make at home.
~Eyebrows can be done with a cheap eyebrow pencil and some tweezers from the Dollar Store, OR you can use concealer to change their shape and then fill them in with a pencil.

But really, you don't need to do anything special to get on cam. I rarely have polish on my nails, have a full bush, and nobody has ever mentioned my eyebrows on cam (they're really light though, and I do fill them in.) There's no reason to not get on cam and make the money you need because you're a little hairy and don't have perfect nails. Seriously, most guys on camsites won't notice it anyway, so you're really wanting it done for you... not for them.

I understand that need to feel pampered, and that it might soothe your anxieties about camming to think you look 'perfect', but... the only thing that will really ease that is getting on cam and getting used to the environment. And if you're this antagonistic about someone making a comment that was well-meant, I can only imagine what you'll do when a troll comes in and actually tries to rile you up. Camming is one of those things that requires you to have a thick skin, and you're going to have to learn to roll with the punches sooner rather than later if you want to succeed.

PetitGatinha said:
JerryBoBerry said:

In Jerry's defence, you didn't give him the slightest idea what you go through every day, other than that you're somebody who can't go to work on a cam site until you've paid someone to give you a manicure, a pedicure, wax you and do your eyebrows for you. For most people (cam girls included), these aren't valid reasons to not work, especially when you're struggling to find the money to feed yourself. Maybe you're special in this regard and maybe these are valid reasons not to work, but if that's the case, then nothing in your original post shone any light on that, hence the reaction you got from Jerry (which, as has been mentioned, is nothing compared to some of the comments you'll have to deal with on cam).

Sue_Lovely from MFC a model's model if ever their was one, forget the games, the tricks, all the prizes, and even exceptional beauty, she teases, members spend, simple as that. She always looks so vulnerable, and it is all illusion (fall for it every time).

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
I took too long, my post is no longer relevant x.x
Yes, I know this so well.

I watched Black Butler, and kind of read about it and spoiled myself I guess.
So I'm sad I spoiled it.

But I like it now that I know what's going on.
But I'm conflicted.

Also: For just some psychological understanding:

Why are the lights being on or off a point of contention between lovers?
I don't understand.... :?

LilLitaRose said:

Are they turning the lights off because they are self-conscious, or because they are pretending they are with another person?

Shaun__ said:
LilLitaRose said:

Are they turning the lights off because they are self-conscious, or because they are pretending they are with another person?

That I don't know. I saw a show called Baggage where a woman was like, "I'll only sleep with the lights on because I wanna make sure I'm diddling the right person"...
I just, never felt the need to have them off or on. I've been kind of confused.

After being treated extremely badly and unjust, I appreciate the great models of MFC which most are from ACF. You lifted me up when I was at my worst and got me to trust again. I am so thankful for the great models on here. Without this forum, I would have turned into a bitter troll by now.

I love young Harrison Ford. UNF. Like GOD DAMN. Rewatching Last Crusade and DAMN DAMN DAMN. He can get it.

MegansDude said:
After being treated extremely badly and unjust, I appreciate the great models of MFC which most are from ACF. You lifted me up when I was at my worst and got me to trust again. I am so thankful for the great models on here. Without this forum, I would have turned into a bitter troll by now.

We have anti-bitter troll spray by giving you lots of hugs and support. :h:

He was one of very few ppl I had met in life that I never cared anything for. To me he always seemed like the type of guy who drank his own bath water and bit hair from his knees.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
Note to self.
Spew BS, it's fun for you & others if done right. Don't lie - spin fanciful transparent colored yarns & pitch tom foolery. Loose yourself in mirth & silliness, and laugh when the alterative is to cry. but also take time and sober up in truths honest examination.

GallifreyGal said:
I love these cats, but they remind me of him.
Heart felt, I am sorry, but it will get better.