AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Daily Thoughts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Windows 8 has even taken over smartphones... and Nokia no longer makes anything that's not touchscreen. My eyes are kinda watery. This feels like the end of all good things...

FUCK YOU WINDOWS 8!!

LadyLuna said:
Windows 8 has even taken over smartphones... and Nokia no longer makes anything that's not touchscreen. My eyes are kinda watery. This feels like the end of all good things...

FUCK YOU WINDOWS 8!!
I just installed windows 8 last night, apart from the killling of the start menu it seems okay, what don't you like?

Tigresslily said:
I know I'm a dork, but this pic makes me happy every time I look at it. I now have it set as my wallpaper on Twitter. If anyone finds a shirt with this on it online (that I can buy) I'd love to own it! I can find shirts, but no prices. :-D

Have you thought about trying to make one on a site like zazzle.com?

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Jupiter551 said:
LadyLuna said:

FUCK YOU WINDOWS 8!!
I just installed windows 8 last night, apart from the killling of the start menu it seems okay, what don't you like?

To be honest, I haven't touched it. My partner used the developer's preview, and I looked over his shoulder. The start menu deal is exactly what I don't like. I also don't want my computer and my phone to act the same way. Then again, I'll never really get over the symbian os going under...

Shaun__ said:
Tigresslily said:
I know I'm a dork, but this pic makes me happy every time I look at it. I now have it set as my wallpaper on Twitter. If anyone finds a shirt with this on it online (that I can buy) I'd love to own it! I can find shirts, but no prices. :-D

Have you thought about trying to make one on a site like zazzle.com?

Shaun__, you've given me something that I shouldn't have...thank you! :p

If the world around us is a sensory construct, and the mind is the regulatory system for these senses, and can easily be upset and modified, as well as controlled through hypnotism and psychological trickery, and the only proof you exist in your own presence (if you are questioning your exists, then you must exist or you would not be able to pose the question)...

...Then how do we know anything other than ourselves exist?
We could be floating in an infinite void, and the world around us is just our imagination passing the eons by.

And no; I've never smoked pot.

cupcakeattack said:
If the world around us is a sensory construct, and the mind is the regulatory system for these senses, and can easily be upset and modified, as well as controlled through hypnotism and psychological trickery, and the only proof you exist in your own presence (if you are questioning your exists, then you must exist or you would not be able to pose the question)...

We could be floating in an infinite void, and the world around us is just our imagination passing the eons by.

Well actually, it's been postulated that if in the future we have more advanced computer technology than we do now that it's very likely humans would be running super-realistic simulations of the past - both for learning and pleasure - and that there would be many of these, and then it follows that it's far more likely we're actually in one of the simulations than the actual singular "real" earth.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Jupiter551 said:
cupcakeattack said:

Well actually, it's been postulated that if in the future we have more advanced computer technology than we do now that it's very likely humans would be running super-realistic simulations of the past - both for learning and pleasure - and that there would be many of these, and then it follows that it's far more likely we're actually in one of the simulations than the actual singular "real" earth.

Ah yes, I believe this is called "Simism" (A pun on Maxis' "The Sims" series, and short of "Belief of the Simulation"), as seen in "The Matrix". I always enjoy actually questioning existence.

If we're going to talk about possibility of the state of existence, we need to consider all the various forms of the universe; maddeningly massive, but bizarely finite.
Every single possible configuration of matter in the universe has a point in the sixth dimensional plane, which forms the fourth dimensional strings we know as time.
If we take every possible configuration of the matter in a single person, we wouldn't have enough computer power in the world to store this information. Now imagine how much matter is in the entire universe, and all the vacant space it could possible be in. For ever configuration there is another sixth-dimensional point.
This leads to an impossible big number. Due to the share nature of it, there is no way we could EVER record that number while inside this universe.
And that's just matter's position, what about energy, sub-atomic paticals, dark-matter, anti-matter, dark-energy, anti-energy, and so?

The share number of possible configurations is unbelievablly large. But as it is finite, we can actually asign probablities to each state. But we're not talking about a single state, we're talking about a range (all the possible states in which the world we are in is a simulation). Still, this is a tiny fraction of possible states of the universe.

So while the simulation theory may be one of the "most likely", we're still dealing in the order of 10^-(∞-0.0.....1)

I've had that problem a few times. I usually look it up, but I still don't post cause my first thought was "I don't know that one".

I sometimes wonder if it is trendy to thank some members and not so much others, and then figure that's just something I tell myself when I don't feel I have been getting the thanks I deserve. Though, if there is any truth in that, then Lady Luna doesn't concern herself with what is fashionable in this. (You're a great uplifting force Luna!)

LadyLuna said:
I've had that problem a few times. I usually look it up, but I still don't post cause my first thought was "I don't know that one".
I am lazy and don't look it up more then I do, but skip even when I do for the exact same reason. What has happened a time or two, that really sort of erks me is when the word appears to be not a word at all, but just some letters clumped together. :angry4: (Prolly some word in a different language, or some asinine part word like 'prolly')

Jolene said:
Old kindles will probably never smell good :-D

I bet they never mildew, take up as much space, get infested with paper eating insects, yellow because of low quality paper, or fall apart either. The last time I bought a new hard cover book I had to check dozens to find one with a good spine. Books I got used as a child are in better shape than many new books I see now, and that is why e-books are my future. I want something that can last.

Reactions: Rose and LadyLuna
They also don't collect dust, and hence dust mites, which I happen to be allergic to. But I still love the smell when I go into an old bookstore. mmm

Cons to kindles/e-books: how do you pass it on if you're not going to read it anymore but you know someone who will? e-book readers don't work so well in sunlight, I can't read the screen. Touchscreens don't like me, never have, never will. Some authors don't want to put their books into ebook format because of the trouble with pirating, so some of my favorites I will have to have hardcover. And a wall of books looks so impressive. One of these days I will have enough money to buy shelves with glass fronts which can reduce dust.

Other pros to kindles/e-books: the screen creates light, so I don't have to waste electricity on lights bright enough to read it. I can change the text size so my bad vision doesn't get much worse. I can put it into an editable format and get rid of typos and grammar errors, as well as the occasional character-name mixup. (I always want to take a red pen to Anne McCaffrey's pern books, at least, all the early ones. And the later ones occasionally mix up which dragon goes with what rider.) And change the formatting to have the extra enter between paragraphs that I have grown used to reading (thanks to forums). Most applications let you transfer your placemarks across electronics. When I'm close to finishing a book, I don't have to carry extra weight to bring another book to read. When I'm on a trip, I can bring enough reading material to last the whole trip without breaking my back.

My goal is to have all the books I love as both a digital copy and a paperback copy (and I don't want the edits that weren't done by the original authors, unless it's a translation. I want to read it how the author wrote it, not how someone thinks it should be changed to be more "modern".) Working on digital copy until I have the money to buy the shelves for paperback.

LadyLuna said:
They also don't collect dust, and hence dust mites, which I happen to be allergic to. But I still love the smell when I go into an old bookstore. mmm

Cons to kindles/e-books: how do you pass it on if you're not going to read it anymore but you know someone who will? e-book readers don't work so well in sunlight, I can't read the screen. Touchscreens don't like me, never have, never will. Some authors don't want to put their books into ebook format because of the trouble with pirating, so some of my favorites I will have to have hardcover. And a wall of books looks so impressive. One of these days I will have enough money to buy shelves with glass fronts which can reduce dust.

Other pros to kindles/e-books: the screen creates light, so I don't have to waste electricity on lights bright enough to read it. I can change the text size so my bad vision doesn't get much worse. I can put it into an editable format and get rid of typos and grammar errors, as well as the occasional character-name mixup. (I always want to take a red pen to Anne McCaffrey's pern books, at least, all the early ones. And the later ones occasionally mix up which dragon goes with what rider.) And change the formatting to have the extra enter between paragraphs that I have grown used to reading (thanks to forums). Most applications let you transfer your placemarks across electronics. When I'm close to finishing a book, I don't have to carry extra weight to bring another book to read. When I'm on a trip, I can bring enough reading material to last the whole trip without breaking my back.

My goal is to have all the books I love as both a digital copy and a paperback copy (and I don't want the edits that weren't done by the original authors, unless it's a translation. I want to read it how the author wrote it, not how someone thinks it should be changed to be more "modern".) Working on digital copy until I have the money to buy the shelves for paperback.

Modern e-books use something called E Ink. It looks a lot like paper and emits no light. You can read it with no problems in direct sunlight, but have to some source of light to read at night. I actually like it better than paper now. I own a third generation version Kindle, not the most current one.

The White Dragon was my favorite.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
camstory said:
I sometimes wonder if it is trendy to thank some members and not so much others, and then figure that's just something I tell myself when I don't feel I have been getting the thanks I deserve. Though, if there is any truth in that, then Lady Luna doesn't concern herself with what is fashionable in this. (You're a great uplifting force Luna!)
Yes, Luna is the Thankfairy :pray:

LadyLuna said:
Cons to kindles/e-books: how do you pass it on if you're not going to read it anymore but you know someone who will?
I just send the file through sneaker net to my sister. :) I usually delete stuff off my kindle once I've read it anyways so that I can make room for new stuff, but I save everything to my hard drive and/or computer just in case I want to re-read.

I have one of the older versions of the kindle (not exactly sure which one) that uses E Ink but doesn't have a light up screen. When I plug it in to charge it it lets me view all of my files and I can save/transfer/delete as needed. I was dead set on books only until my grandpa just didn't give me a choice and sent me his old kindle for my birthday. Now I'm hooked and reading loads more free books from my library and Amazon than I was before.

Speaking of e-books, I read something on FB about Sweet Valley High e-books. :) I used to LOVE the Sweet Valley High book series and t.v. show!

Reactions: RyanneMarie
I was just on MFC, and it was laggy as hell in the only room I cared about. Other people had no problems at all, and my internet was good when I checked it. I have no idea how the hell that site works.

Reactions: MrRodry