AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

De-mystifying camscore and the Miss MFC contest?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Apr 5, 2013
Twitter Username
@xocinnabelle
Hello! I have been camming on Chaturbate and known of these forums for years, but I don't believe I have ever posted anything. This seems like a really knowledgable and helpful community, so I'm wondering if someone will be able to sate my curiosity regarding MFC's big contest and page rankings.

I was having dinner with a cam couple last night discussing MFC. They told me that they watch MFC pretty closely, and said that they think they have figured out how Miss MFC and the camscore works.

They said that the higher your camscore, the higher you place in the Miss MFC contest, though I've never seen any indication that Miss MFC is based on anything other than earnings. I thought that, hypothetically, you could be ranked #5 in the Miss MFC contest, but still have a higher camscore than #4. I've been under the impression that your camscore only influences your placement on the main page, meaning if your camscore is low it will negatively impact your ability to get noticed. I've also been under the impression that camscore some sort of formula based on your time streaming vs the amount of tokens you've earned per minute (earn money faster online = higher score).

The couple I was dining with told me that my impressions regarding how the camscore works are true, but additionally your camscore lowers more rapidly/does not go up as quickly if you are being explicit in public. When I asked how the site could possibly know when you are being explicit in order to nerf your score as such, they said that MFC employs a ton of people to manually monitor streams. They also said that camscore will not be subject to this more rapid decline if you just do explicit things in club shows.

Anyway, these things don't seem altogether sound to me, but I don't pay as much attention to MFC as they seem to. Any thoughts? Lately, I have wondered if I should give MFC a fair shake because I've only tried logging on maybe 2 times or so (once back in 2012 and again back in 2017). I remember thinking the UI was too clunky.

Solution
Hello! I have been camming on Chaturbate and known of these forums for years, but I don't believe I have ever posted anything. This seems like a really knowledgable and helpful community, so I'm wondering if someone will be able to sate my curiosity regarding MFC's big contest and page rankings.

I was having dinner with a cam couple last night discussing MFC. They told me that they watch MFC pretty closely, and said that they think they have figured out how Miss MFC and the camscore works.

They said that the higher your camscore, the higher you place in the Miss MFC contest, though I've never seen any indication that Miss MFC is based on anything other than earnings. I thought that, hypothetically, you could be ranked #5 in the...

They said that the higher your camscore, the higher you place in the Miss MFC contest, though I've never seen any indication that Miss MFC is based on anything other than earnings. I thought that, hypothetically, you could be ranked #5 in the Miss MFC contest, but still have a higher camscore than #4. I've been under the impression that your camscore only influences your placement on the main page, meaning if your camscore is low it will negatively impact your ability to get noticed. I've also been under the impression that camscore some sort of formula based on your time streaming vs the amount of tokens you've earned per minute (earn money faster online = higher score).

The couple I was dining with told me that my impressions regarding how the camscore works are true, but additionally your camscore lowers more rapidly/does not go up as quickly if you are being explicit in public. When I asked how the site could possibly know when you are being explicit in order to nerf your score as such, they said that MFC employs a ton of people to manually monitor streams. They also said that camscore will not be subject to this more rapid decline if you just do explicit things in club shows.

Anyway, these things don't seem altogether sound to me, but I don't pay as much attention to MFC as they seem to. Any thoughts? Lately, I have wondered if I should give MFC a fair shake because I've only tried logging on maybe 2 times or so (once back in 2012 and again back in 2017). I remember thinking the UI was too clunky.
Hey there! Your cam couple friends are miss informed!

Miss MFC is based on earnings - this is very clearly spelled out on the site. The more tokens you make each month the higher you rank! You're correct that camscore influences your placement on the main page only. They are incorrect about the explicit in public thing - Camscore is calculated based on tokens per hour averaged over 60 days (rolling) and then averaged against the other camscores on the site. As such, the "TPH" - tokens per hour needed to maintain a 1000 camscore may fluctuate over time but it always stays ROUGHLY the same. So to get a high camscore the best thing you can do is make as MUCH tokens in as small a time as possible. Offline tips are great for this obviously! If you have a fantastic earnings shift and your camscore goes up significantly watch 60 days from that day you'll see a big drop as that 'good day' falls off your rolling average.

There are a few other factors that can make camscore do some weird things - if you don't log on for over 60 days I believe it gets a bit funky when you come back? @AmberCutie I think had explained this better than me somewhere.

But yeah your model couple friends are spreading misinformation... hope this info helps!

Upvote 0
Solution
Hey there! Your cam couple friends are miss informed!

Miss MFC is based on earnings - this is very clearly spelled out on the site. The more tokens you make each month the higher you rank! You're correct that camscore influences your placement on the main page only. They are incorrect about the explicit in public thing - Camscore is calculated based on tokens per hour averaged over 60 days (rolling) and then averaged against the other camscores on the site. As such, the "TPH" - tokens per hour needed to maintain a 1000 camscore may fluctuate over time but it always stays ROUGHLY the same. So to get a high camscore the best thing you can do is make as MUCH tokens in as small a time as possible. Offline tips are great for this obviously! If you have a fantastic earnings shift and your camscore goes up significantly watch 60 days from that day you'll see a big drop as that 'good day' falls off your rolling average.

There are a few other factors that can make camscore do some weird things - if you don't log on for over 60 days I believe it gets a bit funky when you come back? @AmberCutie I think had explained this better than me somewhere.

But yeah your model couple friends are spreading misinformation... hope this info helps!
Thank youso much! I appreciate getting a response from an actual MFC model!

Upvote 0
Thank youso much! I appreciate getting a response from an actual MFC model!
I haven't been an mfc model (besides content) in a Long ass time BUT i stay fairly up to date on the site and nothing has changed significantly as far as I'm aware since I stopped going live!

Reactions: Cinnabelle
Upvote 0
I haven't been an mfc model (besides content) in a Long ass time BUT i stay fairly up to date on the site and nothing has changed significantly as far as I'm aware since I stopped going live!
This is exactly how it works . I'm still camming. Just for me I feel the cam score drops faster then it rises. I had a pvt with lots of tips the other day n made 20,000 in tokens it only raised my cam score 350 points or close to it.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Upvote 0
Camscore affects visibility on the main page and Miss MFC ranking, but it's not everything. Earnings matter too. About explicit content and camscore, it's plausible, but specifics are unclear. If you're reconsidering MFC, check out any UI updates.
The cam score has nothingness to do with miss mfc. The contest is only based on how much money you make. The cam score is what determines your placement on the site homepage.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Upvote 0
Camscore affects visibility on the main page
correct. Default settings for viewers have models sorted by camscore.
and Miss MFC ranking,
no. Only earnings affect Miss MFC ranking.
About explicit content and camscore, it's plausible
it's not. What kind of shows you do have no impact on how MFC calculates camscore and Miss MFC ranks.
If you're reconsidering MFC, check out any UI updates.
This comment has me puzzled.

Upvote 0
To address the explicit camscore claim-
I have twice tried doing explicit in PVT/club only...and both times it absolutely tanked my camscore due to there being less random tippers stopping by.
In fact I had my lowest camscore in 5 years this February while trying to do non nude for awhile.

Lacey already explained everything perfectly, I just wanted to add my personal experience for extra info.

Upvote 0
I have twice tried doing explicit in PVT/club only...and both times it absolutely tanked my camscore due to there being less random tippers stopping by.
In fact I had my lowest camscore in 5 years this February while trying to do non nude for awhile.

Lacey already explained everything perfectly, I just wanted to add my personal experience for extra info.
Yeah for sure, more viewers come into the room when something spicy is going on, and more people hopefully = more tips and raising cam score.

I hope I was clear with my wording above just stating that MFC itself doesn't use your show type to calculate it.

Upvote 0

Hi miss seeing you on the boards. Are u still on streamate.com

Upvote 0