AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Decoding Computer hardwire requirements for cam sites

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnie

Banhammered
Feb 26, 2014
Canada
Twitter Username
@_minnieriley_
Tumblr Username
minnieoncam
MFC Username
MinnieStClair
Streamate Username
minnie
Chaturbate Username
Minniestclaire
I am doing research for an article (Basic guide to buying a computer for being a cam model) www.thecamgirlexpert.com (Yes the site is back on I moved everything over to tumblr). The goal is to have on it articles, interviews, and video tutorials. Something that can pretty much be updated twice a month.

Cams.com says the following for hardware requirements
The hardware requirements are simple:

We support any Operating System that can successfully run the Flash browser plugin including Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
USB or Firewire Webcam
This is highly recommended! We suggest the Logitech line of Webcams.
Video Camera
Any newer digital camcorders ( Sony, JVC, etc. ) with USB 2.0 or Firewire connections are highly recommended. Digital camcorders will provide the best video quality.
Broadband Internet Connection
DSL, Cable modem, or better (You will need to show proof of your connection).

This basically translated to any computer you have can work on cams/streamray as long as you can broadcast in flash broadcaster. Where it gets annoying to decode and definitely confusing for someone with basic computer knowledge is running your computer to broadcast in webcam sites version of HD the adobe flash encorder.

If you haven't already checked in streamatehelp.com page they claim you need the basic requirement to run HD. is
You’ll need a Mac or PC with an i5, i7 or equivalent (AMD, etc.) processor.
I am in the market for a new computer and right now I Got my eye on a ACER desktop (quad core or a i3 or i5 machine depending on where I get it from online or some electronics stores.) price point about $500. now I am wondering just by looking at it's specs if it will run Adobe encoder from everything I've been reading for the sites I work on it will run it. no problem, but as some of us know that doesn't really mean anything. We can do everything the sites tell us and still some how get into technical problems. sometimes I wish I could be in a computer and download adobe encoder and test sample a cam site before I buy one.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... d8eba4en02

Status
Not open for further replies.