AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Definition of a "shift"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2013
Hope this is the right place to post this.

I am still kicking myself for sabatoging my camscore by spending a reckless amount of time online making no tips because I was PMing a bunch of freeloaders. And when I wasn't hanging out for free... I was getting scammed into doing free shows(skype).... but I digress. I went in thinking a "shift" meant spend 8-10 hrs a day camming. More hours=More Money right??? not for me.... I burned out in 8 days and my cam score is less than 500. but all of this was before I found this little treasure here with you ladies. Okay so my question is what is a smart shift,(length) for starting out and what is your average shift look like(how long)?? and a bonus question HOW do you structure your shift around your show. like do you hang and let the crowd before starting the countdown, how long do your countdowns/ games last,and how long do you stay on before of after? I hope that made sense... Thanks in advance.

Reactions: FeliciaClover
Just to interject from a members view, I have no problems with models logging off if its terrible, A "shift" should not be a set time IMO as theres a lot of variables, If its slow going you are betting getting the hell out of there than persevering through the hours you have allotted. Ive seen models set a goal AND a time limit, which is fair enough in my opinion!

and I now can't get this song out of my head :lol:

I used to work MFC. The way I wish I did it was make a shift on my profile that only lasted an hour, stay if it's busy. Then every idk week or two add an hour to it. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: RoseCavilla
Every model is going to have a different answer to your question but a general rule of thumb that I use is if there hasn't been any tipping in 30-45 minutes, I log off. For me personally I only do 2-3 hour shifts at a time. Any longer than 3ish hours and feel like I'm starting to burn out. Every model is different though. Some do long shifts (8+ hours) other do shorter. It all depends on what you feel comfortable doing. The length of time your countdowns last will be determined by how much is being tipped. Some days it'll take longer than others.

mfc is about working smart not just hard.

My shifts vary from 1h to 14 hours.

My first hour is relaxed, I work on getting the room comfortable and get things started. If things are super slow by the second hour I leave.
My rule is stay until the tokens run out or until I am not physically able to cam anymore.
Once I had to end a group of 15 people because I could not cam anymore after hour 14....
There are times however when I stay on even though I am not getting a lot of tips because I might be in the mood to chat with them more than usual, I am doing something that draws traffic and might get me more regulars in the future.

I always plan to be on cam for 2 - 3 hours, however if I've been on for a full hour and haven't even made my topless goal yet (or close enough to it), I'm putting up the ten minute timer emote :)tenmin) on the screen to let people know I'm fixin' to go.

Sorry, I just wanted to say 'fixin' one time because it's funny. LOL! Now I'm fixin' to blow my nose.

For me, a four hour shift usually ensures that one hour will bring a nice flow, and the other three feel wasted but the truth is, the hour that is lucrative tends to change for me. Sometimes it's the first hour, sometimes the second, sometimes the third, and rarely it waits until the fourth. (I don't like to log off directly after the tokens end, but that's just me.)

Also, a four hour shift allows me to work four hours, break for two, work for four on the days when I'm working all day.

Lately though, I've been doing three hour shifts because I find that I can't stay on for four hours.

Try a five-hour shift for a week. If that's not working for you, try four hour shifts for a week. If that doesn't work, try three hour shifts for a week.

This is really important. You should only be live on camera 30 or less hours a week. The other 10 should be off-cam stuff that relates to it and you find tires you out if you engage in it for more than 15 minutes.

I tend to do better when I'm on a short "shift". Like, days where I'm only on for an hour or two before work and I'm fully dressed. It seems like everyone and their mother wants to take me to group or private and make me late!

I find that having a "schedule" makes it harder. I wake up late and still have to get ready. Then when I finally get on cam, I'm stressed out about getting in past my scheduled time. Though, I do tend to stay on later if I get on later...

Log off and take a break if you feel like it's slow or you're not making anything. You can always get back online. I keep telling myself that, but I seem to forget that you actually have to be on cam to make any money.

Hope I wasn't rambling too much, I've had a decent amount of coffee haha.

xo

Reactions: RoseCavilla
I consider a shift to be the time I sign on to when I sign off. (although I work on networking, content, etc outside that)
I work anywhere from 1-3 hours. Camming is 100% commission, DONT think of it as shiftwork. You aren't being paid a wage, so why should you work like you are? Especially on MFC, if you feel like you're not seeing a turnaround sign off. Generally speaking if I dont see a significant amount of my countdown done within the first half hour, I'll leave.

My shifts depend. I'm usually on until I meet my nightly goal. I do typically put my goals in the topic at the start of the night... that way people coming in can see what to expect as the night progress (Topless, Full Nude, Cum Show, etc.). However, if just tips are slow in the starting, I try to spur things on with a game that allots to small token pledges... Something like Hangman. (Tip 10 to guess a letter, if you guys can guess the word, I flash, or something to that affect) Then once I get a bigger crowd in my room, we progress where the night will go. :)

I'll be honest, if I'm having a bad night, but have had other good nights that week, I'll go off early. It can be really frustrating and draining to be on for hours if you have a bunch of lurkers sitting there, not talking, not tipping, and basically being douches. If I have a few of my regulars or other chatters on, it can be easier to tough it out... but honestly I feel like camming is a gamble.

You could be on for four hours and not make a dime... so you sign off, but little do you know, if you had stayed on ten more minutes, some new guy or gal could have come in and given you your longest standing private ever. [shrug] It's the name of the game and nothing is set in stone. It just depends on how long you can stay on when the going gets tough. And when you get a whole room of "show ur tits bb", it's very easy to just sign off and say "Fuck it". xD

And my ramble is done.

I do that too much.

Ramble, that is.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I'm new... so take my style with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila....

For MFC-- A "shift" for me there is 2 hours-- but I will stay on as long as the tips are flowing. I blew my camscore at first and am slowly rebuilding it, so I can't stay on too long there with no action.

For Streammate--- that is my camathon site right now. I have been known to do an 8-12 hour shift there, depending on my mood and how I feel.

SaralynSweets said:
For Streammate--- that is my camathon site right now. I have been known to do an 8-12 hour shift there, depending on my mood and how I feel.

Whaaat??? You're amazing!

yummybrownfox said:
SaralynSweets said:

Whaaat??? You're amazing!

Lol--- bitch gotta eat :D

I'm new, so I'm not incredi-busy there yet. I didn't realize that my "new model" tag there would go away so quickly, so I never even logged in there when it was still active. I had assumed it would be like MFC and stay until I actually logged in. Had to wait until I could get set up and get equipped with decent laptop and what not-- since there are no worries about camscore there-- I will stay online until I hit my daily goal there. Sometimes I hit it in 4-6 hours... sometimes closer to 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.