AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Deleting Snapchat after selling Forever Subscription

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeKate

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 3, 2012
What does everyone think about models who sell their Snapchat as 'Forever' and then delete people who don't continue to tip? What if she deleted you off of it because you hadn't tipped her in 6 months? One year? Two? Does it make a difference in how long it's been, in your opinion, or is it all equally bad business?

What does everyone think about models who sell their Snapchat as 'Forever' and then delete people who don't continue to tip? What if she deleted you off of it because you hadn't tipped her in 6 months? One year? Two? Does it make a difference in how long it's been, in your opinion, or is it all equally bad business?
I dont use Snapchat, but a member may feel ripped off because the model sold it to him as a forever subscription. It could be that the member left MFC because it just wasn't for him anymore and joined another camsite.

If it was any other business it would be wrong... but it’s a girl and her naked body so I think there is leniency there. It isn’t crazy to expect some level of engagement from the users who follow you there. Maybe a way around it would be to only post SFW things to the story and create a separate group for your NSFW stuff where you only send it to people who actually visit and tip. I don’t know if that’s something you can do... the last time I used Snapchat was 2014 for like a week, and sending them direct snaps is a pain if you have a bunch of people.

Kind of interested in the replies to this question myself. I don't use Snapchat so I don't really have a personal opinion one way or the other. I can see a member being upset because of the term 'Forever' like @Guy said but on the other hand I think it is perfectly reasonable to delete members that don't tip after a certain length of time. I think probably the wording would have to be changed to 'forever as long as you are contributing/valued member of my community' or something like that.

Forever is too childish a term to be contractual really. I doubt anyone who purchases that stuff thinks it's forever. I'd leave anyone that still comes around/responds and delete anyone who doesn't bother to acknowledge they're still receiving your snaps. Tough call though. Now might be the right time to do it if you're going to. The nervousness created by political stuff is a good reason to clean out anyone who might no longer be enjoying the snaps. I think any paid personal service can be revoked if both parties aren't behaving as expected. You can pay for entry to a club and be kicked out if you act up. You can pay for school and be kicked out. Of course, my landlord just took away my lease agreed to, free lawn service, and I'm so grouchy about that I picked at all the little things wrong with this place that he needed to fix this month and skipped him when I gave my white chocolate macadamia nut cookies to neighbors. I'd probably expect some pettiness, and stop using the word "forever" for the snapchat.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Forever is too childish a term to be contractual really. I doubt anyone who purchases that stuff thinks it's forever. I'd leave anyone that still comes around/responds and delete anyone who doesn't bother to acknowledge they're still receiving your snaps. Tough call though. Now might be the right time to do it if you're going to. The nervousness created by political stuff is a good reason to clean out anyone who might no longer be enjoying the snaps. I think any paid personal service can be revoked if both parties aren't behaving as expected. You can pay for entry to a club and be kicked out if you act up. You can pay for school and be kicked out. Of course, my landlord just took away my lease agreed to, free lawn service, and I'm so grouchy about that I picked at all the little things wrong with this place that he needed to fix this month and skipped him when I gave my white chocolate macadamia nut cookies to neighbors. I'd probably expect some pettiness, and stop using the word "forever" for the snapchat.
You give your neighbors white chocolate macadamia nut cookies? I count myself as lucky if my neighbors wave at me once in a while.

He took away your lease? Why?

He took away your lease? Why?
Not the whole lease. Just the part where I get free lawn service. His son is taking over landlord duties I guess, and didn't want to honor that part. I'd make a big deal about it, but 4 years of free lawn service with the tiny rent I pay for the house I live in is pretty good. I might even resume sharing baked goods with him in the near future. :haha:

Seems to me if the promise made was for a one-time payment enabling indefinite access to content, then taking a retroactive "what have you done for me lately?" attitude toward that deal is indeed bad business. If a "forever" subscription has turned out not to work out well in the long run, I'd grandfather in anyone who has already paid for it, mark it in the red column if I had to, and discontinue the offering going forward.

I mean, if a model is charging say, $20-$50 for a lifetime of content... whether that lifetime be a year or whatever, she's really not making much at all.
I've had people get angry at me because I was selling my Snapchat for $5-$20 and due to mental health, had to stop working for a while, including updating my snap- but I kept them updated & even sent videos etc (totalling more than the Snap subscription cost) as an apology, and still they bitched at me.
While I'm not running a subscription snap anymore, I do have a "private" lewd story on my public snap that I've added old members, close friends, and those who purchase my content now, and if I feel like getting naked I'll post there instead of to my public story. I don't feel any pressure to post and it's great.

I've bought a models' Snapchat before and she barely posted, and then a month later she decided she was discontinuing her snap, and at the time I was pissed off but now I look back and a) I got a huge discount and b) I definitely got the content I paid for.

I think it is bad business practice unless the terms and conditions has been clearly stated before the customer bought the product. I don't think models should sell things that they are not going to follow through on. If the customer have harassed the model or something like that she can and should delete them, but otherwise they are entitled to what they paid for. What this comes down to in the end is consumer rights and the kind of buyer beware approach that some models run is going to hurt business for every model, not just the ones doing it in the end. Selling forever snapchat is a huge commitment and shouldn't be done in my opinion.

I sell my Snapchat as a Forever subscription because I don't want to have to delete and re-add people each month. Just seemed so much easier to offer it as a bulk thing. I've started thinking about it because when I have my baby I feel weird sharing certain parts of my life, going forward, with people who have not spoken to me in years. I don't want the people I do talk to and care for to suffer a loss because of my discomfort with posting so I am considering making a list of people who I know really well who will receive additional, private snaps. I don't plan on deleting my snap until I'm no longer a cam girl. That will make my lifetime snap at least 5 years running. I think that realistically qualifies as lifetime.

I think you need to add a disclaimer. Forever, but still being active in contributing towards room goals and tipping here and there. Basically valued customer.

I would also grandfather anyone you have now, just ignore their messages if they stop tipping.

For myself, I look at "Forever" or "Lifetime" Snapchat as something which lasts as long as someone is camming. But, I also understand that it may go away due to the model changing something for whatever reason such as stop camming, job change, marriage, kid, etc. Or, just on a whim.

You'll always have complainers. But, I think you're fine changing it. Especially with having a baby. Even companies allow for changes they normally wouldn't due to it being a "life changing" event. ;)

It's a tricky one. I feel like communication is key. A friendly message saying "hey, I haven't seen you around in a while and I want to keep my snapchat for active members" would be nice.

I've been deleted with no warning when I hadn't been in a room for 6 months and while that's her choice, I won't be tipping her again. Other models have gone the seesnaps or onlyfans route and just stopped posting, likewise that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

One model switched from forever to yearly, but communicated ahead of time and gave credit to those who had tipped for 'forever' recently. She also regularly discounts renewals. I feel like that was more than fair of her and thus will always support her.

There's also a model I hardly see because she mostly cams when I'm asleep now, but she has added me back whenever she's changed snap accounts and even checks my story every day, so I offline tip her now and again because I appreciate her so much.

Of course nothing is forever in this business but how the provider handles the change makes a lot of difference to how her supporters will take it.

Edited to add: changes in circumstances/health issues are also understandable and while of course the model doesn't owe members an explanation it might make any future return go more smoothly.

I think members just expect to be deleted at the models discretion

I think it's more iffy when you buy snapchat, then they make new variations of snapchat later on
  • Premium story snapchat
  • Holiday Snapchat
  • Convention Snapchat
  • B/G Snapchat
etc

Because it's a bit like ok, I bought your snapchat, I see your daily "I'm coming online snaps" great, thanks, but then if you actually do something a bit unusual that would be more interesting I don't get to see any of that?

^ The above is not always true of course, some models put a lot into their snapchat and that's always really nice, especially when they use it quite vlog style and you get to know more about them and then you have more to talk to them about and ask when they are on cam

On the flip side of moaning, I can totally understand it from a models perspective that if they can make some extra money out of something then it would almost be wrong not to capitalize

I think if there's a chance the model will be deleting people, the model needs to specify the conditions of the membership. Only advertise it as "lifetime" if it really is.
I feel the same way about any business and their promises, not just this.

I think if a member hasn't been around in a while to your room, it's probably safe to say that he is not really interested any more. I'd be surprised if he actually notices or makes a stink about it. But if he does come back to your room at some point, starts engaging, tipping, and asks about it, it would be reasonable to add him back at no additional cost.

I think 6 months is more than enough time. I'd refrain from going lower than 3 months though because life happens and perhaps he's not been able to visit your room for whatever personal reason.

Yeah, i'd be annoyed. If it's lifetime, I expect people to honor the deals they make. That said, if it was mentioned on the profile there were conditions of any sort, that would be fine. Valid only for active members, lifetime defined as so many months/years, whatever. If I understand the limitations going into the deal, then that's an informed decision. Changing the deal after the transaction, I'd probably not tip her ever again.

The reality is I recognized 'lifetime' subscriptions were not possible back when snapchat first started being used by camgirls. So, I was never really interested in paying for it. To be honest I think it's an incredibly stupid media. If I'm paying for pictures, then I demand the right to keep the pictures. I don't like paying for something that disappears after a few seconds. Hell, most of the ones I've seen I couldn't even tell what all was in the picture before it deleted. Add to that I really do not like the permissions the app itself has just to install it.

Free snaps and a few months paid here and there for special reasons, only from models I really like. That's all I've ever had. And when those were over I uninstalled the app.

Usually purchasing 'Lifetime' of SnapChat means for the lifetime that the model is a cam model... but some models will keep the SnapChat going for as long as they wish or sometimes they may even transfer some users to their personal SnapChat if they trust you enough so you can still keep in contact with them.

I think if a member hasn't been around in a while to your room, it's probably safe to say that he is not really interested any more. I'd be surprised if he actually notices or makes a stink about it. But if he does come back to your room at some point, starts engaging, tipping, and asks about it, it would be reasonable to add him back at no additional cost.

I think 6 months is more than enough time. I'd refrain from going lower than 3 months though because life happens and perhaps he's not been able to visit your room for whatever personal reason.
Even if the member hasn't been in the model's room in a while but does interact with the model on the snapchat account, they should not be deleted unless the model specifies there's a monthly "minimum fee".
If you want tips from them, don't promise "lifetime" deals, have monthly/quarterly renewals. Fake "lifetime" subscriptions seem a little scammy.
Maybe calling it a "cam career length" subscription is a clearer option (because I'm not saying lifetime should be until death do they part, just the life of the camming career).
But as long as the model is active on cam, honor the promise.

Reactions: weirdbr
I wonder sometimes whose lifetime the term is referring to. Is it mine? Hers? Can I will the snapchat account to a favorite nephew? I was burned once, gift cards for lifetime snap. After a few months, poof and her snap account was gone. I was not happy but I moved on. Never spent another dime with that model though.

• Funny!
Reactions: Lunasha
Firstly, this is why I've never even considered doing a forever/lifetime subscription. At most I have to put up with someone for a few months while they go into freeloader mode, then they either pay the multi-month resubscription fee (I don't do discounts anymore for this reason) or they get deleted. It really helps avoid all the kerfuffle.
switched from forever to yearly, but communicated ahead of time and gave credit to those who had tipped for 'forever' recently. She also regularly discounts renewals. I feel like that was more than fair of her and thus will always support her.

If I was feeling really awkward about the amount of "strangers" lingering on my snapchat, I'd probably take the above input into consideration and likely do this. Give warning/notice very politely that since there has been a life-altering event, I'd be running things different from here forward. But to also make sure the people who paid still got a good chunk of time on the snap already.
Even if the member hasn't been in the model's room in a while but does interact with the model on the snapchat account, they should not be deleted
I may agree with this to some extent, but this may be one of the reason models WANT to clean up their snap friend list. If someone who tipped a mere $20 a whole 1.5 years ago was constantly needy of my replies and attention on the chat feature on there, I'd feel he owed me more to continue that. (Emotional labor, yadda yadda.) You can't turn off chat for just one person, it's all or nothing, unfortunately.

I may agree with this to some extent, but this may be one of the reason models WANT to clean up their snap friend list. If someone who tipped a mere $20 a whole 1.5 years ago was constantly needy of my replies and attention on the chat feature on there, I'd feel he owed me more to continue that. (Emotional labor, yadda yadda.) You can't turn off chat for just one person, it's all or nothing, unfortunately.
If you quote me, please use the full sentence.
My argument is with the terminology used. Just specify ahead of time what's expected.

My argument is with the terminology used. Just specify ahead of time what's expected.
ok

Even if the member hasn't been in the model's room in a while but does interact with the model on the snapchat account, they should not be deleted unless the model specifies there's a monthly "minimum fee".

(Noting that doesn't change anything in my answer. If I failed to mention it 1.5 years ago and am feeling slighted now, I'd still do the same thing.)

Time limit ran out while I was typing an edit.
I was adding...
If you promise a "lifetime snapchat" with no qualifications (except the obvious "lifetime" meaning "career"), honor it. Otherwise specify conditions that may apply.

Time limit ran out while I was typing an edit.
I was adding...
If you promise a "lifetime snapchat" with no qualifications (except the obvious "lifetime" meaning "career"), honor it. Otherwise specify conditions that may apply.
I won't disagree it can be seen as "bad business" but sometimes getting flak for not honoring something like this is worth it, like in the case that Kate describes above.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.