AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Demon Rum

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2011
Is alcoholism an occupational hazard of cam modeling?
Do you use it to get in a partying mood or cope with the bullshit?
We've all seen models online who were trashed or stoned witless, and who still managed to perform. So how much is too much?
What's your experience been like?

-- (all too) Human

I'm more prone to abuse caffeine than alcohol... Alcohol leaves me feeling so damn depressed the next day that it's not really worth it. Caffeine at least just leaves me exhausted, without having to deal with depression too :p

I'm very careful not to get drunk. But I do believe that whatever camgirls use to relax or get in the mood is a danger of becoming an addiction, whether it be alcohol, drugs, caffeine, or video games (that's my guilty right now x.x)

That is a really good question. When you work a job (like cam modeling) that lets you drink whenever you want, it must be a lot easier to get into an unhealthy rhythm with it. I know I've noticed certain models who seem to have a drink on way too many nights of the week; I'd be curious to see if any models on here are willing to open up about it.

Reactions: camstory
If you guys were allowed to drink at your jobs, would you? Wouldn't your workday seem much more relaxing if you were able to kick back with a few beers while you worked?

While yes, there are tons of girls who overdo it, drink to the point of incoherence, idiocy and vomiting...I don't think there should be anything wrong with models who have a few drinks to relax and enjoy the day. Keep in mind that to alot of us, our job is still a JOB...especially since a large part of our job is to deal with douchelords on a daily basis. Alcohol sometimes makes that shiz easier to deal with. A few drinks can also make things really fun, especially on a friday night when other members are relaxing and having a few drinks at home too. And I'm sure alot of girls, especially new ones, appreciate a glass or two of wine to be able to relax and not be nervous about exposing their bodies to random men. Some girls still get nervous doing that.

Myself personally, while I can't drink at all right now because of medications I'm on, before I was sick, I loved having a few beers, or a couple glasses of wine a night or two a week. It just makes for a more fun evening, especially on the weekends when everyone else is done their jobs and the general atmosphere is "YES ITS THE FREAKIN WEEKEND". I rarely got actually drunk...never wasted...but a few drinks just makes the evening enjoyable. Not something I NEED to enjoy my evening, but hey, beer makes everything better. Kinda like how bacon makes everything better. Know what I mean? :)

Reactions: SNATCH
I've drank all of 3 times on cam. They all ended really badly and were the first times I'd ever had more than one drink and was unsupervised. It was awful and a really good learning lesson; nature kicked my ass all 3 times. Since then I've never had more than one drink, never without a sober supervisor and I no longer cam while on my meds either. Some nights are super stressful and I'll have a glass of wine off cam after my shift but that's it. I don't look so pretty when I'm rolling around on the floor naked, drunk and scared.

LoL after watching 3 seasons of Mad Men I feel less bad about drinking on the job as much as I do. But still I do feel like I drink too much, and I'm willing to be open about it...

I drink VERY frequently, both before I get on cam for a shift, and during. Why? Because it takes a certain state-of-being for me to be ready to put myself out there for so many people at one time. It's overwhelming on most days to try and adjust from the homebody who only talks to her husband and dogs to the girl who is giggly, fun, sexy and outgoing on cam with MFC members. No member will EVER understand that adjustment, no matter how much they try.

I'd probably be a few pounds lighter as well as a bit healthier if it wasn't for my habit of wanting/needing some alcohol to get into the camming mindset. If I am not watching my eating and drinking habits, I'd drink 7 days a week. During the week for camming "looseness" and during the weekend for fun carefree times with my hubby and our friends. It's not a healthy lifestyle and I DO believe I'd drink a significantly less amount if it wasn't for MFC.

Even after over 2 years as a popular MFC girl, I don't know if it will ever get easier. I can't imagine doing this 5 days a week without at least a few days a week being made easier by loosening up with a drink. I joke about being an alcoholic, but it's not something to be proud of, really. I CAN go on MFC without loosening up, but it's not usually as easy or fun without. It's something that I'm very aware of but I'm not sure if I'm willing to put forth the effort to be an MFC girl without it.

Hope you don't judge me. Too harshly, at least.

ETA: Also I can't help but feel I was the one who inspired this, since it was rum i was drinking today on cam... :think:

I can acknowledge that I drink too frequently in a week. However, when I am drinking on cam, I tend to pace myself and drink water with it and cut myself off. I have had a couple slip ups (when I first started camming, for example) with drinking on cam, but I have learned my lesson and know when enough is enough.
Like Amber said, its just easier to kind into my camming groove when I have a couple drinks and I like being relaxed! I rarely go out with friends and have friends who get wasted/incoherent/messy 4 or 5 times a week so I don't feel as bad about it.
I also cam late nights so sometimes if I don't have a couple drinks, I just get tiiiired. I'm trying to set up a more consistent schedule to include some day shifts. I know that if I go on during the day, I'll be less likely to drink.

I've drank maybe 3 times on cam and I didn't get drunk either time. I like to drink, but I don't like drinking alone, although I guess when I'm on MFC I'm technically not "alone". Sometimes I consider having a couple drinks but being too lazy to go to the liquor store stops me :lol:

Reactions: Sia Green
drinking for me is bad on cam.. first of all when i drink i dont feel loosened up at all. if anything i feel more self conscious and depressed. also i am a huge slut when drunk and i get really overheated so i end up taking off my clothes for free lol. however its a super easy habit for those who enjoy drinking to pick up. my friend who would occasionally cam with me had to drink just to flash. i only know of one ahem chemical that loosens me up and would probably drive me into more success than i have now but ive never done it because i know how habit forming that would be.

I drink very little. I have only had a glass of juice with a half shot in it 3-4 times to make me feel less nervous about getting on cam. I dont like to party or go to bars either. I just dont have the money for liquor or pot. If someone else buys Ill enjoy it some but left to my own devices I just dont have much interest in being intoxicated, at least not enough to spend my money on it.

I do drink wine on cam fairly often. It's not necessary, and I don't do it every night, but it is one of my favorite ways to relax whether I am camming or not. It does make me feel friendlier and sexier, but I very rarely drink enough to make me feel more than a buzz. I am terrified of being a trainwreck rather than someone the guys like to talk to/think is sexy, so I avoid over-doing it at all costs.

I will say that I chain smoke while I'm camming. I had all but quit before I started and now I'm almost up to a pack a day again. I can't imagine doing a shift without cigarettes, the thought terrifies me. Smoking has been the habit I've had the hardest time with, and in many ways camming enables it. I don't know what people who don't smoke do.

Speaking of sloppy drunks... Love4u2See is getting sloppy drunk AGAIN, this time the supposed winner of her latest raffle on cam. Last time I saw her this way she was running around the apartment complex naked and fucking herself on top of people's cars in the parking lot.

Attachments

• MOCL4U2.jpg
    MOCL4U2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 511
I wouldn't say it's an occupational hazard. I don't feel compelled to drink. I have gotten drunk on cam, however, and it's okay. I do tend to open up since I'm one of those 'fun drunk' types, but the feeling I get in my stomach is not always worth taking the edge off. My GI tract is delicate like a flower.

I do enjoy a glass of red wine on most nights, but that tends to be either after a big meal or after camming so it doesn't bother my stomach as much. As far as other models drinking, I tend not to butt in. It's none of my business. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes so stepping in is just going to be trouble. Who knows if it's fake liquor and all an act? Or if she gets drunk super quick (like me!)? Maybe something is going on in her personal life and that is how she deals with it. I don't know! I don't see myself as the 'savior' of all things bad and I refuse to put that kind of social pressure on myself.

My experiences with getting drunk on cam have normally been positive. Like I said, I'm a fun, happy, outgoing drunk. There was one time I over did it and it has not happened since! :)

Reactions: ScarlettLeigh
While I was on MFC, I found that I drank more "on cam". MFC is much more of a "lets hang out and get nakkie with friends" sorta place.. You hang out with good friends, regulars, whatever, it kinda just goes with it.. Having a drink with some friends.. I had quite a few friends/fans/regulars that would drink with me, especially on the weekends.. Just to relax, let loose, have a good time.. If it was slower, the drink would help make it not so bad or stressful and put me in a more carefree state.

Since I have been on Streamate, I have drank on cam once, and it was just a glass of wine because I was going out with some friends afterwards.. Streamate is a much more "here is some money, let me see you cum" sorta thing, where as in my opinion MFC is not.. MFC is a lot more about community and all..

:twocents-02cents:

ive only got completly smashed on camera twice. and that was when i let YOU men, hahaha, buy me shots :p so yea. any other time i have drank ive only gotten tipsy though. just enough to loosen me up.
im not much of a drinker really. i dont like getting drunk much. im a light weight and i usually end up gettign sick if i drink to much but a couple drinks does help loosen you up a little to be more carefree i guess.
i dont think i could ever drink on cam daily but itd be nice if i did it a couple days a week. i usually do it maybe a couple days a month.
:shifty:

I am loving the responses here. I have never had alcohol on cam or before camming and have often wondered what it would be like. I don't think I will ever drink or do drugs on cam. It kinda freaks me out to think of people watching me that way. I do have to say I use caffeine as a pick me up to get my mood right before I cam, but I am very sensitive to it so I usually only drink a glass of hot tea.

There are times where it has freaked me out a bit to have so many people watching me. Really, I have only had about 400 in my room tops so I can't imagine what it'd be like to have thousands watching you. I imagine that is when the "something to take the edge off" really helps.

Im right there with you Amber, that's why recently i gave up drinking. Today is my 24th day without it Unfortunately it wasn't making me a "happy drunk" either i was up to at least 1 bottle of wine a night and wanted more. Once i start it was hard to stop and i always begged for more. I'm not and will never be the social drinker, i love the taste and like getting buzzed none is easier then 1 or moderate for me. I was spending $300-$400 a month on it too. So all reasons were pointing to stop for me. I do feel much better but it has been hard when i have 200 peeps in my room and noones talking or tipping makes me want a drink real bad!

I've really only drank a few times on cam and vowed never again! I'm not the nicest drunk and I get super needy. I always feel embarrassed the next day so I stick to my coffee or sprite. I also don't really drink off cam often so it isn't very hard for me. I like a few beers from time to time but months pass between them often.
Now you threaten to take away my coffee and you'll likely be found in a shallow grave in the desert.

Edit: Amberdawn... super proud of you lady! It takes a damn strong person to break a habit like this!

Reactions: spankamber
:clap: Amberdawn. Good for you.

Reactions: spankamber
SpexyAshleigh said:
If you guys were allowed to drink at your jobs, would you? Wouldn't your workday seem much more relaxing if you were able to kick back with a few beers while you worked?
:)

Short answer, no. At least in my experience, its not needed or acceptable if you have any responsibilities at all at that job. I used to be partners in a bar/ restaurant and it was there, easily available and frequently given by customers... "let me buy you a shot" kind of thing. I will say what you already know.. it dulls the senses, makes you do things you normally wouldn't do. In camming, thats pretty common and sometimes is desired but in the 'regular world', its not really desirable... As far as "making the workday seem much more relaxing"... lol. Relaxed workers tend to fuck things up and not give a shit which is uber bad for business. :twocents-02cents:

and also. Kudos to you Amberdawn :thumbleft:

SoTxBob said:
SpexyAshleigh said:
:)

Short answer, no. At least in my experience, its not needed or acceptable if you have any responsibilities at all at that job. I used to be partners in a bar/ restaurant and it was there, easily available and frequently given by customers... "let me buy you a shot" kind of thing. I will say what you already know.. it dulls the senses, makes you do things you normally wouldn't do. In camming, thats pretty common and sometimes is desired but in the 'regular world', its not really desirable... As far as "making the workday seem much more relaxing"... lol. Relaxed workers tend to fuck things up and not give a shit which is uber bad for business. :twocents-02cents:

and also. Kudos to you Amberdawn :thumbleft:

Yes but the not giving a shit is good for our jobs because were not focused on how much tokens are rolling in, and not seeming needy for them. I guess it can obviously work against you though cause then you lose focus and of your goal too! - speaking from experience lol!

A small side note... I was just reading another thread about using marshmallows with sex toys and AmberCutie predicted a yeast infection. That got me to thinking about the aforementioned model imaged above because she asked the guy (supposedly her previous raffle winner) to pour champagne in her vagina and lick it out, which he did. The way he did it though was a little disconcerting to me. He used a about a 1/4 full bottle of champagne and basically slow fucked her with it while she was horizontal on the couch. She said something like "Are you aware of how drunk that will get me?"

No comment on his part, but she apparently knew it was basically mainlining alcohol into her system. Not sure she was aware of the sugar which causes yeast infections though. She is supposedly a nurse, so I'd like to think she knew but just didn't care for one reason or another.

Which brings me to the conclusion... methinks the vast majority of models, especially on this forum, will be fine. They are obviously well aware of the possibilities and problems. So, until a member starts a thread titled Rump Rum, where models start dousing tampons with Captain Morgan and anally inserting them, I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Good conversational topic though. :thumbleft:

P.S. I'm bummed that I missed JoleneJolene drunk on cam. :p

Bocefish said:

No, trust me, It's not fun. I just get up to pee a lot and beg for groups...

Reactions: LailaBaise
Bocefish said:
A small side note... I was just reading another thread about using marshmallows with sex toys and AmberCutie predicted a yeast infection. That got me to thinking about the aforementioned model imaged above because she asked the guy (supposedly her previous raffle winner) to pour champagne in her vagina and lick it out, which he did. The way he did it though was a little disconcerting to me. He used a about a 1/4 full bottle of champagne and basically slow fucked her with it while she was horizontal on the couch. She said something like "Are you aware of how drunk that will get me?"

No comment on his part, but she apparently knew it was basically mainlining alcohol into her system. Not sure she was aware of the sugar which causes yeast infections though. She is supposedly a nurse, so I'd like to think she knew but just didn't care for one reason or another.

Which brings me to the conclusion... methinks the vast majority of models, especially on this forum, will be fine. They are obviously well aware of the possibilities and problems. So, until a member starts a thread titled Rump Rum, where models start dousing tampons with Captain Morgan and anally inserting them, I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

Good conversational topic though. :thumbleft:

She is a nurse and putting alcohol in her vag? I know that alcohol up your ass can actually KILL you, so I'm thinking it would be the same for a vagina. :naughty:

It's really interesting to see such a varied set of responses.

For me, I hate drinking on cam. I drink when I need to let loose and be carefree, so as soon as some dummy comes in the chat asking "fist titss bb" it ruins my buzz and I want to get off cam, quick. It only took me about 2 times to figure this one out and never drink on cam again. I honestly do think I drink a little too often, but I keep it off cam. Recently I've been keeping it to twice a week, one night to visit my favorite bartenders, and another is when all my friends get together for drinks and boardgames. But if I'm having a particularly bad week, I only live a block away from a grocery store, so I can just get a bottle of wine on a whim.

I am horribly turned off by people drinking on cam.

Well... 'drinking' in the sense of trying to get drunk. Not the casual beer every now and again. Drunkenness to me is an unattractive state, both in myself and others, and so I rarely let myself get to that stage. I find that people end up unpredictable, prone to mood swings, and often just nasty, and unless I want to watch a train wreck, I don't wanna see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.