AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Depressive period

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel1

Cam Model
Sep 7, 2021
Chaturbate Username
Shy_mel
Hi, having some personal problems, I'm going through a pretty depressing period, and it's hard for me to work. I also had to change my schedule overnight, and it's a drastic change in earnings, not good. I wanted to ask you when you have the same moments, how do you motivate yourself? What can I do to get over this period?

I would love to know the same. I've been putting on makeup (a huge step in itself for me) the past few nights without making any content. I'm getting so frustrated with myself. Keeping your cam/content room clean and putting your makeup on are solid tips, because it helps you get in the momentum by taking these baby steps. You may find yourself, after having gotten everything set up and ready to cam/film, that you're able to do it.

I personally need more help than that. Lately I've been searching "accountability buddies," even trying here without much luck, and now I'm happy to learn that accountability coaches that check in on you daily are a thing, so I'm considering to hire one soon. I'm not sure if this will help, I will report back in if it does.
Therapy worked until it didn't, because my therapist ran out of ways to say "just do it/just start working," haha.

Something that has helped keep my mood stable is going to the gym to lift weights. I've basically made a couple of vids and a few 10s of pics taken in the past 2 months- that's it, and my income reflects that. But I've been going the gym 3x/week in that time, and have gotten physically stronger. I can at least find some solace in not looking at the past 2 months as wasted because of that, even though a lot of time has been lost to me holding myself back.

I hope the first tips helps. My head would be under water if not for the passive income from Manyvids/Onlyfans, so I always highly recommend pushing for passive content like clips/pics to help you through those lows financially.

Hi, having some personal problems, I'm going through a pretty depressing period, and it's hard for me to work. I also had to change my schedule overnight, and it's a drastic change in earnings, not good. I wanted to ask you when you have the same moments, how do you motivate yourself? What can I do to get over this period?
I would love to know the same. I've been putting on makeup (a huge step in itself for me) the past few nights without making any content. I'm getting so frustrated with myself. Keeping your cam/content room clean and putting your makeup on are solid tips, because it helps you get in the momentum by taking these baby steps. You may find yourself, after having gotten everything set up and ready to cam/film, that you're able to do it.

I personally need more help than that. Lately I've been searching "accountability buddies," even trying here without much luck, and now I'm happy to learn that accountability coaches that check in on you daily are a thing, so I'm considering to hire one soon. I'm not sure if this will help, I will report back in if it does.
Therapy worked until it didn't, because my therapist ran out of ways to say "just do it/just start working," haha.

Something that has helped keep my mood stable is going to the gym to lift weights. I've basically made a couple of vids and a few 10s of pics taken in the past 2 months- that's it, and my income reflects that. But I've been going the gym 3x/week in that time, and have gotten physically stronger. I can at least find some solace in not looking at the past 2 months as wasted because of that, even though a lot of time has been lost to me holding myself back.

I hope the first tips helps. My head would be under water if not for the passive income from Manyvids/Onlyfans, so I always highly recommend pushing for passive content like clips/pics to help you through those lows financially.

Hello dears, i would love to say that i am sorry to know that you are going throw rough times. But believe me it wont take long, you should believe in yourself, no matter what bad things happening with you now a days, you will go throw them, what you need to do is to do your best to be happy, hangout with your friends, buy stuff, travel, meet new people, all that will make you change your routine that your mindset got used to.

That's what i was doing when i faced such issues, it's not going to be easy nor hard, you just need to know that you CAN DO IT, and you are the best in this world. I keep tell myself, i am great man, and great person, and i should "Always Smile" .

I hope i gave you what you maybe needed to know. Please let me know if you need to chat or to talk whenever you feel down. i am a good listener, which is something we all need in our lives.

• Hugs
Reactions: bearman and Mel1
Depending on how much this state covers you. When it's just blues, apathy, low mood - walking in the park, outdoors (especially now in spring), shopping, visiting interesting places (cinema, museum, exhibition), be guided by your preferences. The presence of sports and what you eat can affect mood, sports are often recommended in the fight against depression in addition to therapy. Normal sleep. A contrast shower is also a useful thing.
If it is really bad, it is advisable to consult a therapist. You can consider Pineapple Support - they work in different directions but specialize in working with people from the adult industry.
Personally, I did not apply to them, but I saw a couple of positive reviews about them.
Make sure that the level of vitamins and hormones is normal.
Best wishes dear, take care! 🤗

are we aloud to be "accountability buddies" even tho were on here? like are we aloud to share out social media and try to message each other to try to motivate each other to get on cause i literally am dealing with this same thing you are i get all ready clean up my cam area and i just dont want to get on like im just not feeling it

@nanners Yes, we're allowed. It's up to the individual if they want to, obviously.
I don't think I've been reliable enough to be anyone's accountability buddy; I had to cancel my subscription on coach.me since I would end up not visiting the site to avoid the daily check ins. Putting my head in sand is my biggest weakness.
If you can't find someone here, try looking up accountability check ins on coach.me or similar sites. I think the average prices were like $25/week, which is a worthy investment if it actually gets you working.

Good luck, I hope you're able to find what works for you.

First of all, I'm sorry you're going through this . If you can afford it, weekly therapy sessions can be very helpful. It's what really good me through it last year.

The other thing that I learned that sounds obvious but was a game changer is to treat yourself like you'd treat a friend. Don't beat yourself up. It's ok not to work for one day. It's ok not to reach a goal once. You're still a good model and a good person.

@nanners Yes, we're allowed. It's up to the individual if they want to, obviously.
I don't think I've been reliable enough to be anyone's accountability buddy; I had to cancel my subscription on coach.me since I would end up not visiting the site to avoid the daily check ins. Putting my head in sand is my biggest weakness.
If you can't find someone here, try looking up accountability check ins on coach.me or similar sites. I think the average prices were like $25/week, which is a worthy investment if it actually gets you working.

Good luck, I hope you're able to find what works for you.
alright awesome thanks!!!!! if u want me to be there to hit u up and be like" damnit girl u better get online lol" i got u just hmu!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.