AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so lost in this thread, kind of like I missed an important thread before and have no clue what the argument/debate was all about. I miss all the good stuff.

Kudos to y'all that posted pic's of your desks. @Excella_4Fun if that's cluttered and messy I'm so glad you haven't seen mine.
I read the whole thread of convo that led to this and I'm still very confused.

I work from home 2-3 days each week and I find it horribly distracting if I have anything on my desk that I'm not using at that exact moment so my desk is normally very tidy when I'm actually working, I'll dump stuff on it when I'm not working or on the weekend though so because it's a sunday right now its covered in crap I threw down when I came indoors earlier. Also there are two bags of old clothes stuffed behind it I still haven't found the time to take down to the clothing bank to donate,

desk.JPG

I guess I have a desk like those world leaders who apparently don't do anything but well I do actually make a living from this desk.

Edit to add my desk in the office is pretty much exactly the same, if I'm not using whatever it is at that moment I have to get it off my desk or I get too distracted by it.

I feel so lost in this thread, kind of like I missed an important thread before and have no clue what the argument/debate was all about. I miss all the good stuff.

It started in the president trump thead, read on from here if you actually care enough. https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...-time-capsule-thread.26578/page-6#post-816369

Last edited:
Dude I was apart of that conversation, and I am still confused. lol

Hey @BlairLuxe How many intelligence agencies report printed briefings to you daily? How many reports and daily summaries of the Middle East do you have to read each morning? Is your signature required to kick national policies into effect? How many phone calls with national leaders have you scheduled for this week?

And since we are at this and your actual job is camming would you mind showing us pictures of your camroom/camdesk/toychest?

Edit: thanks for illustrating my point though, from your desk I can tell your responsibilities are that of a 5 year old. A cartoon pencilcase and a sketchpad. Sad!

How much time do you spend pondering all these thoughts? Seems like a lot

Oh thank God I'm not the only one. Now I can watch the Super Bowl with a clear conscience.

Here's the desk I bought for my SO a few months ago. I didn't realize him having a clean desk meant he never did any work! And here I was thinking he was running multiple businesses from home...

Here's the desk I bought for my SO a few months ago. I didn't realize him having a clean desk meant he never did any work! And here I was thinking he was running multiple businesses from home...

Nice set up! Tell him I'm envious. I need to get a second monitor shortly. Only one when working my day job is driving me nuts.

Nice set up! Tell him I'm envious. I need to get a second monitor shortly. Only one when working my day job is driving me nuts.

I'm super jealous of it! I have a pretty nice laptop, but man when I do photoshop and video editing stuff on his, it's so freaking nice! Being able to stand and work is pretty neat, too. He's said it's helped him stay more productive.

I will say this, sad to see someone was left super bitter and felt they had to insult someone's hobbies and interest. Seems a bit childish?

That entire debacle can be summarised thusly:

"I'm worried about how Trump's discriminatory policies might affect me"
"I'm worried that Trump will take the country backwards"
"I don't like how Trump is blatantly lying to us"
"I don't like that Trump is ignoring important issues to push his own dangerous agenda"
"The parallels between Trump and history's biggest fascists are alarming"
"I don't like that Trump's rhetoric is leading to a divisive culture within America"
"I like Trump's desk"
"I'm not so sure that Trump's desk is really the issue here--"
"Apologise to me, hobbyist!"

I need a new trash can--that is from when I was a kid (but it still works). I eat at my desk and that is why the napkins are there (seriously). I also should fill up that book shelf with stuff but for now it hides my antenna for my free tv (I can't get it together to pay for tv and I have a real bookshelf with books). :)

Attachments

• 20170205_181516.jpg
    20170205_181516.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
"I don't like that Trump's rhetoric is leading to a divisive culture within America"

That was me! I think. Maybe. I don't know man. Nowhere near high enough to be this confused but I'm strangely enjoying seeing peoples setups so thanks to those that are sharing.

That said, my writing station at my house- @EspiKvlt I'm a published writer too! :D I do horror, what do you do? - is an utter mess because my creative process is completely different from my work process. I can take a picture of that!

I'm a horror writer, too! I was the only one in my college writing workshops who had any interest in it, and I'm pretty sure they all thought I was a goddamn weirdo, but yay! Finally someone else who enjoys the darker side of life haha

(And yes, I write gross, gorey shit in Lisa Frank notebooks using cute pens with animals on them. The true horror, obviously.)

I'm a horror writer, too! I was the only one in my college writing workshops who had any interest in it, and I'm pretty sure they all thought I was a goddamn weirdo, but yay! Finally someone else who enjoys the darker side of life haha
Same!! I lucked out because my professor was a true crime writer, so when I did a story about a serial killer he loved it and even praised how dark it got. I remember asking him "how okay are you with... like... visceral and slightly gorey detail? What is your limit?" "None." "SWEET!" One of my first pieces I'm still actively very proud of.

einstein.jpg

To answer Albert Einstein, an empty desk is the sign of a philosophical (or zen) mind. No wonder he never quite understood quantum mechanics, it is not for the cluttered mind. I think someone of equal genius such as James Clerk Maxwell would have had an uncluttered desk to focus on the work at hand. I guess whatever works is fine, so long as it does work, it seemed to for Einstein. There is a lot of comfort in keeping your work close, especially when you love it.

I like a wide/ deep desk so I can keep the centre clear (around an arm span from sitting position I need clear). I usually have piles of stuff accessible or in shelves, I wouldn't call it tidy.
My computer desktop and email inbox is similar, I file everything (files within files) to keep the main work area clear. [For example my inbox has no emails in it unless it is related to that day, it is broken down into 'critical communications' and 'regular' for mail that must be kept, the rest is junked.]

Hey, I'm actually currently in the process of writing and illustrating a horror anthology! Horror buddies, @Excella_4Fun & @EspiKvlt ! Woo!

I have a couple of desks in my life. First, I have my computer workstation.

0a2BSN8.png

Not pictured is the giant Wacom Intuos tablet I use for digital art. Obviously, I also write and procrastinate there. You can see my task board. Mostly, I wanted to show off my cool Lego Ninjago mechs figures. They took a long time to put together. The desk itself is not actually dirty. It's an old drawing table of mine, and that's all paint and water stains.

I have a different drawing table that I do most of my work at.

yRmHhbg.png

As you can probably guess, my entire world is nothing but clutter -- though I do work to maintain an organized clutter. In fact, the only place that I do not allow to get cluttered is the work area on my drawing table. It stays tidy and available for use at all times.

And since it seems to be such a point of contention, here is the bed I work from, along with my drawing pads, a pencil case, and an even more ghetto Ziploc bag full of pens.

I8OHeo1.png

I've been a working artist for 20 years -- making money, doing shows, and even winning awards -- and most of my work has been done from a bed, using little more than a pad of paper and a few pens. I've wised up in recent years, and have placed a drawing table at the edge of my bed, and that makes the work go faster, even if it does make my room hard to navigate. Maybe one day I'll get a dedicated studio space, but I've managed most of the time to make do without it.

And if working from a cluttered bed is good enough for Hugh Hefner, it sure as hell is good enough for me.

G4BQaOU.jpg

I love creeping on people's personal lives like this, in a consensual way haha. Thank you, everyone who has shared/will share in the future. I find this so entertaining and interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.