AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did Cammodeldirectory and skyprivates merge?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2016
CMD looks like it's now just a white label for skyprivates. When did this happen?

CMD looks like it's now just a white label for skyprivates. When did this happen?
Afaik they're using the same technology, the pay per minute app, and have remodeled their site accordingly. Personally it makes no sense for me to use CMD any more and I'm just sticking with skyprivate since you can't be online in two sites at once with the app.

Yes, SP bought CMD last year iirc. I think that there are 2 different CMD sites and some models chose to remain on the old one without the pay per minute app. I don't think the old site gets any traffic (members automatically get sent to the new site) and is just there for the "grandfathered" models. They can send a direct link to their clients and members can access the old site that way. Again, this is all based upon things I've read and have no idea how accurate any of the info is since I'm not and never have been on CMD.

Is mark still involved with CMD?

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I don't think so. IndieBill bought CMD a few years ago and I guess Skyprivate did a year ago?
neat because mark was the biggest reason why i dropped cmd. even if he's in the background, i would never ever trust that man with my docs.

allegedly: he hired other cammodels who were still actively working his site to do admin work. one of those models ended up taking the information she learned about other models and went on a batshit crazy harassing stalking quest that lasted years. allegedly he had a sexual relationship with that model too.

If the two sites are now merged does that mean they both get the same traffic or are they both advertised differently still? CMD traffic is very slow I was wondering about switching to Skyprivate to see what that's like. Although there are so many people priced at $1/min, how do you guys price yourselves there??

Reactions: LauraSP-CMD
If the two sites are now merged does that mean they both get the same traffic or are they both advertised differently still? CMD traffic is very slow I was wondering about switching to Skyprivate to see what that's like. Although there are so many people priced at $1/min, how do you guys price yourselves there??
I think skyprivate's traffic is slightly higher than CMD's, but because of the pricing I ended up getting the same amount of customers - which is not a lot. I'm $4 a minute there and see that most girls are way cheaper, but it is what it is, I won't lower my rate. It's more of an extra $50 every now and then thing which is fine by me.

Besides the plugin thing, I don't want to do CMD anymore because the way they advertise themselves as having "true all American models" and shit results in occasional racist assholes making stupid remarks. I mean just do like sextpanther and only allow Americans then instead of letting us all in and then leaving the latin/eastern European girls at a separate, "not as good but cheaper" girls area.

To be fair that's how I see it with CMD, little extra when I'm having a slow "cba to get on cam" kinda day isn't too bad.

Oh shit that sucks you get racist remarks even from guys who are literally paying to do a show with you wtf. Anything "all American" like their advertisement screams white supremacy tbh. I get maybe 50% british guys from there though so I don't think its entirely US focused

Reactions: Lilly_____

No clue if they get the same traffic or not, but from what I've read, CMD traffic has decreased. This makes me think that they aren't pushing CMD as much as SP; though perhaps they were waiting until things were more smoothed out for the transition. Maybe things are different now?

I've been on SP for a bit. I charge 5.99, which is significantly higher than most people on there, but it's a price point I'm comfortable with. I mainly use SP for my regs and haven't really put much effort into attracting new people. Ime, dommes should do extremely well on there. Nearly every single random person who has contacted me on there wanted me to domme them in some way - humiliation, financial, blackmail - all the "hard" domme kind of stuff, which is very much not me. I do some sensual domme things, but I just cannot tell someone that they're a terrible person, no one loves them, and they're not worthy of anyone, especially me. Tried it once and cried afterwards because I felt bad. Anyway...if you're a hard domme or think you can get into it, highly recommend raising your rates on SP. Apparently higher rates = domme and while you still may not get as much traffic as the $1 people, the traffic you will get will be higher paying and if they like your style, they'll continue to pay you. I think I shared some of this and more awhile ago in the MO section here :)

neat because mark was the biggest reason why i dropped cmd. even if he's in the background, i would never ever trust that man with my docs.

allegedly: he hired other cammodels who were still actively working his site to do admin work. one of those models ended up taking the information she learned about other models and went on a batshit crazy harassing stalking quest that lasted years. allegedly he had a sexual relationship with that model too.

Shady people like that is one reason that we have a hard time trusting many of these people who come to this forum, trying to persuade us to sign up for this and that new site of theirs. Gotta be careful about these people we're giving our photo ID, banking info, etc. to.

That Colin (or Collin?) dude who used to go by the name "Princess Jenny" and had that daily pay service some years ago...was another one who'd snapped, and was threatening to leak models' personal info.

cammodel lore/off-topic:

That Colin (or Collin?) dude who used to go by the name "Princess Jenny" and had that daily pay service some years ago...was another one who'd snapped, and was threatening to leak models' personal info.
OMG the only time when "that's a man maury" was appropriate.

the hot tea right before princess jenny was revealed to be colin the owner, he was posing as a female he hired to post on the female-only section of stripperweb. this went on for years. when he got outed as a man was yeeted out of the main industry section. models were pulling out of his studio because obviously not gonna trust someone catfishing. then it went off the fucking rails. he would offer early pay loans that would then come out of the next paycheck, and some models were unable to or didnt earn money went into debt with him. guess he was hurtin for cash and went full loanshark/pimp. it was so bad camsites allowed models to leave and go independent immediately.

cammodel lore/off-topic:

OMG the only time when "that's a man maury" was appropriate.

the hot tea right before princess jenny was revealed to be colin the owner, he was posing as a female he hired to post on the female-only section of stripperweb. this went on for years. when he got outed as a man was yeeted out of the main industry section. models were pulling out of his studio because obviously not gonna trust someone catfishing. then it went off the fucking rails. he would offer early pay loans that would then come out of the next paycheck, and some models were unable to or didnt earn money went into debt with him. guess he was hurtin for cash and went full loanshark/pimp. it was so bad camsites allowed models to leave and go independent immediately.

I remember when she/he posted on SW, and we had thought "Princess Jenny" was so amazing. Lol. I was one of the models signed up with the daily pay service. But as soon as I'd read about his threats to leak models' info, I was disgusted and calmly contacted him to ask him to please remove me from their daily pay service.

Hi Sasha!

They are both advertised differently, and you can be on both sites (SkyPrivate and CMD) at the same time without the need to switch, :) Although there are a lot of models priced at $1min is not the recommended price, you can choose your price and Im sure you can charge way more than that.

If you need any assistance with it, dont hesitate in contact me :D

Reactions: Sashacurves
Hi Sasha!

They are both advertised differently, and you can be on both sites (SkyPrivate and CMD) at the same time without the need to switch, :) Although there are a lot of models priced at $1min is not the recommended price, you can choose your price and Im sure you can charge way more than that.

If you need any assistance with it, dont hesitate in contact me :D
Is it possible to be online at both at the same time again? Because I remember when CMD changed to 2.0 and started using the app that stopped me from being able to show up on both sites at the same time.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sashacurves
Status
Not open for further replies.