AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did I do something wrong here?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMFAO and here I thought saying “hello” or greeting someone was common courtesy 🤣🤣🤣 not desperation.

I’d rather greet someone and get a conversation started, even if it’s just superficial, than to sit there and say nothing.

By human nature, people are social and like to interact. Members are more likely to leave a cam models room on Streamate if she does not greet or is just silent. Members are also more likely to engage back with models back when they do address them in their room OR when a model is highly active or visibly typing. Again, members are more likely to stay because they see that interaction is happening with other members which means that model is attracting members in some way.

Btw, cam sites are more like window shopping anyways. You browse through rooms till you find something that catches your eye and then you stay a bit to see if you like what you see. There is nothing desperate about models saying hi to members (they are potential customers) but what happens after that initial greeting is up to the model and how you react to it.

If anything, if a model says hi and you dip out of their room, it’s comes across that you have social or buyers anxiety and assume they are going to spam you with tip menus and immediate call to action buying scenarios. So you leave and judge on that without giving that model an opportunity to see if they are a good fit for you. (I say this as a former sales rep and a former cam member with my boyfriend at the time.)

Also to add, the advice and comments that models are giving on this thread, are streamate models.

The op stated that his experience was on streamate.

Streamate is not a token site so it’s not good to compare member and model interactions to ones on a token site.

We only mentioned token sites as an alternative to visit because the interaction and set up is so drastically different on streamate, that it may have been a good alternative to someone who is new to cam sites or they’re interaction style.
Customer care and courtesy still apply to token sites as well, and a large number of models on Chaturbate, the site I now, rely on privates.

And just last night it worked out for me and a model I came across, when I entered all she had in the room was a handful of anonymous, so no one talked to her, well she greeted me, I greeted back, noticed 5 items on her menu priced the same, we laughed at that, I thought why not take her pvt 10-15 minutes, I said goodbye to her 1 hour 15 minutes later, after one of the best pvts I had

Customer care and courtesy still apply to token sites as well, and a large number of models on Chaturbate, the site I now, rely on privates.

And just last night it worked out for me and a model I came across, when I entered all she had in the room was a handful of anonymous, so no one talked to her, well she greeted me, I greeted back, noticed 5 items on her menu priced the same, we laughed at that, I thought why not take her pvt 10-15 minutes, I said goodbye to her 1 hour 15 minutes later, after one of the best pvts I had
sure. i agree customer care and courtesy can be important, but

streamate is a total different camsite. models are more likely to push hard for tips, and with the high fetish traffic we get, models can get away with being a bit harsher about it. been on the site for almost 8 years, i have come across a good amount of streamate models who this is their exact hustle, and they are successful at it.

there are nights where i will be the biggest bitch because im in a mood, and i bank.

I never said that customer care and courtesy didn’t apply to token sites as well. I work on both private and token sites and the experiences as a model are drastically different in both traffic, customer base, and interactions.

I am glad it worked out for you though. Sorry, I was walking my dog when I had made my responses, but my window shopping statement was in agreement with yours. I should’ve stated that. That said you are an example of what I just mentioned that you gave the model a chance after she greeted you and had a great time as opposed to leaving and missing out.

I bring up the difference between token sites and private sites because the way models conduct themselves is entirely different and it’s important to note that difference.

Idk if you have ever visited streamate before but there is a clear difference between models on there vs sites like MFC or chaturbate.

Which really is a shame, because for us models it's like we're "damned if we do...damned if we don't." There are members who will sit there until we greet them first, and there are members like you who don't like it when we greet them, and will probably leave the room...even though we might've been just trying to be friendly.

You are probably missing out on some cool rooms by leaving abruptly like that.
i think the models that say hi make more - if people leave then that means they not spending $$$ and were not planning on it BUT the ones that were thinking of spending - a Hi will get a tip for the model

Reactions: yummybrownfox
i think the models that say hi make more - if people leave then that means they not spending $$$ and were not planning on it BUT the ones that were thinking of spending - a Hi will get a tip for the model

I sure wish that was the case for me. Lol.

This....Sometimes if I go to a retail store I am just there to browse and pass time, then I tell the staff approaching me that I am just windowshopping, sometimes I am out looking for something specific, then I appreciate guidance.

The same applies to cam sites, I think, and it is not always 'pushy sellers', depending on the room count the model might just be bored and seeking interaction.

One downside to this though, maybe, based solely on my experience on token sites, I have developed a theory that maybe a lot of those users asking for pm in the public chat is actually users that normally get a pm from models when they enter rooms, and when that doesn't happen they get confused.

Yeah, I never PM the MFC guys when I see them come online on my friends list (Even though I'm happy to see them, and hope they come to my room), because I'm not into telling a guy "Hey, come to my room, bb!" and pressuring him like that. And those users asking for PM in public chat are obnoxious to me. They don't wanna say hello, but right off the bat they're complaining "Why can't I PM you?" Um...because I have my PMs set to "friends" only, and you can chat with me right here in the CHAT room. Why are you trying to get private attention out of me for free anyway...unless you wanted to discuss a private show (And that's almost never the case).

The only thing about your retail store analogy is that (And I'll use Payless as an example, even though they went out of business)...when I walked into a Payless store and was greeted by an employee, I didn't just stare back at them and say NOTHING. That would be rude. I'd smile and say hi, and then walk over to the size 7 shoe section, hoping that person isn't gonna keep bugging me every 5 minutes with "You still doing okay?" :giggle:

I guess having some kind of manners/common courtesy still matters to me (Yes, even on a "sex site"), and if I was going to just browse cam models' rooms 'til I find one I liked, I'd do it in guest mode because otherwise I'd feel like a jerk logging into my account and just sitting there ignoring a nice girl's "Hi, *my-member-name*!" greeting. 🤷‍♀️ But that's just me.

@rylarosexo right?!

The question was specifically about the etiquette on Streamate. Experienced SM models give OP explanation.
Non-models chime in to share their personal preferences whether its relevant to the topic or not :haha:
This ^^^^^.

SM is a different beast. A lot of dudes can’t hang there, it’s too serious and to the point for them to handle. So they get bitter on it. Usually dudes who are used to token sites I’ve noticed. Depends what they are looking for. It’s a less social site.

It’s a good site for dudes who work a lot, are super busy and successful, and want to get straight to getting their rocks off. It’s a bad site for guys who are bored and want to socialize and hang out for hours, without paying highly for that 🤷‍♀️

I feel like it caters more to type A personalities than the token sites do. Just a different beast.

That being said common courtesy should still be a given IMO. However, ultimately, how each individual model runs their own room is really their own business.

Last edited:
Streamate is different. I used to be nice on SM and I made the same as a serving job. Now I am rude and kick and taunt allowing my naturally dominant personality to shine. I make more money than most people I know IRL, about 5x as much as I made a year ago.

Do I think the original poster may have been booted to quick? Possibly, but if his username was unoriginal like "Matt" or "Ben" he was kicked for having the same username as a troll. Maybe his username was "callmeDaddy" or any fetish that the model doesn't cater to, he got kicked because she isn't wasting her time with that nonsense. Ain't nobody on SM got time for that shit.

Or yeah, poor girl was having a bad day, maybe her studio forced her to stay on.

Whatever the reason for kicking him, coming here to ask what you did wrong rather than moving on to a model who is more your speed is a weird waste of time, especially with all the bad advice from token users. Trying to pick apart one model's hustle is bizarre and will only confuse you more. Go get your rocks off in a different chat room. Problem solved!

Or stop by my room, I would be happy to kick and block an entitled man. It's kinda my fetish. Spend enough time on SM and you will get kicked by hundreds of us :)

Last edited:
Though I don't like at all when the model initiates the conversation. Even a "hi, hru" sounds like hooking the client in a cam room you visit for the first time, and a chat full of "hi" to clients passing-by with no response looks so desperate that I can't stay there.
And here I thought saying hello was proper manners. Better go tell my mom she taught me wrong :haha:

OP you did nothing wrong at all, even for SM. We all run our rooms in different ways. Feel free to come by my room and get greeted. I will point you towards my gold menu which includes a lot of hang out type choices like song picks and smoking and stuff. I have a personal tip menu which includes stories, telling jokes, and other hang out stuff too. Many girls have their things. For me if you said these things you’d get a response and walked through how I run things in a friendly eay. You just came across a room that wasn’t your vibe.

This was an interesting thread to read through. I’m a super social person on SM I greet pretty much every one who comes in (unless I’m swamped). I ask how you are and if you’re hanging out , window shopping, or looking for a show. If you’re ha going out I point you to my gold menu which has options for free chat, if you’re window shopping I point you to my profile and list the things I have available. If looking for a show I ask what kind.

I’m often told I’d be “better” on a more social site but haven’t really seriously tried it (I’ve been on a few but never really put in the work due to health reasons, maybe after my last surgery this year) I have grown a nice little group of regulars and enjoy my own brand of hustle. And I do rather well on SM though it took me a bit longer than most to make similar goals. But I really love it. And I really love the shows I do and the people I cater to. I now have cosplay nights, reading nights, ukulele shows, and a bunch of nerdy games. On top of my regular sexy shows. I don’t think I would have built up those customers for some of my extra stuff if I wasn’t as social.

The original poster doesn't mention reading the model's profile, her room topic or what was on her menu (tip for type?). She has a very basic SM Domme hustle that is most likely blatantly obvious even before she said it: tip or get kicked. Instead of reading her profile and understanding the type of model, he stared for what, 5 minutes? Yeah, I woulda kicked you too LOL.

Streamate is different. I used to be nice on SM and I made the same as a serving job. Now I am rude and kick and taunt allowing my naturally dominant personality to shine. I make more money than most people I know IRL, about 5x as much as I made a year ago.
This is exactly my experience too. My first year I wasted my time not kicking and being overly friendly to broke guys and cheapskates, then I said "fuck it" and stopped that. I immediately started making roughly 4 times more in my case (per hour). In my opinion, the many guys who have good money, and are ready to play, want us to be available to do so quickly.

However, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong w greeting someone if they say Hi first, or greeting whoever you want in your own room, whenever you want. Or not greeting whoever you want in your own room Models.

I am meaning more about getting into extended conversations in free chat. I think any SM model will know what I mean. My first year I would often get in situations where a guy was nice enough, and even fun to talk to, but wanted to waste 10-20 mins "getting to know me" in free chat first, only to buy a short show I made like $8 off of eventually. I learned that those guys might be nice people (or not in some cases) but they bring my hourly down on that specific site. So I learned to brush them off, although I do it in a less direct way than I would in other situations (unless they have been outright rude).

During Covid I felt more social myself and tried to be a bit more social, and my hourly never dipped, but it took some skill like NerdyZoey is saying to kind of build that vibe up, and include lots of GOLD shows etc to get it to translate to money. It did work out, but it took some planning and strategizing. To the point where I've been starting to think that I should sign up for token sites for nights when I'm feeling more social like that. Because the longest count down for a group show that SM allows is only 30 mins.

Anyways yeah OP, probably best just to move on to another model, and not to worry about it.

I am meaning more about getting into extended conversations in free chat. I think any SM model will know what I mean. My first year I would often get in situations where a guy was nice enough, and even fun to talk to, but wanted to waste 10-20 mins "getting to know me" in free chat first, only to buy a short show I made like $8 off of eventually. I learned that those guys might be nice people (or not in some cases) but they bring my hourly down on that specific site. So I learned to brush them off, although I do it in a less direct way than I would in other situations (unless they have been outright rude).
Yep, I'm very brief with free chat conversation because all of that time spent chatting is driving away other viewers who may have wanted a show, but saw me as "busy" and moved on to another model. I may have missed out on a much longer show that's more worth my time if I spend too long talking. I'll answer a couple basic questions in free chat, like "do you do x", "do you get nude", but anything too specific, or any getting-to-know-you type stuff, I direct them to either tip or take me private, depending what it is.

Yep, I'm very brief with free chat conversation because all of that time spent chatting is driving away other viewers who may have wanted a show, but saw me as "busy" and moved on to another model. I may have missed out on a much longer show that's more worth my time if I spend too long talking. I'll answer a couple basic questions in free chat, like "do you do x", "do you get nude", but anything too specific, or any getting-to-know-you type stuff, I direct them to either tip or take me private, depending what it is.
Yeah, they have gotta remember we make 35% on that site. It's not worth our time to talk and be overly friendly, looking for everyone's approval and liking.
We have to actually make money to be able to pay for food and bills.
If that offends certain egos, then so be it. Coddling every stranger online but starving to get groceries isn't really fun, trust me I tried it. Just business.

The thing that gets me is how honest that is. I feel like they get mad at us on SM for basically being honest. Should we be trying to do love cons and suck up everyone's asses with lies instead? I feel like getting offended because people are being real with you, is kind of immature. No reference to OP there, but just talking in general, about these nit-picky model behavior threads, and the multitude of men who just can't hang on SM. I'm just shite w people who have weak egos I guess.

If you just want to browse Streamate, do not log In.
Those models on streamate are just straight up rude if you don't tip within a couple of minutes.
That website is now so toxic, I no longer browse it while logged in.
You will also notice that most models do not last very long on streamate , within a couple of months they will be gone because they don't make any money after chasing off many of the viewers.
In that case I would never talk to anyone, I engage with just about everyone if I don't it's because I am writing notes about a show or experience with a member - even then even though I cannot see the person's name for the pop-up box I will say "Hi there, I am just writing notes I will be with you in a moment, thank you for waiting for me".

The only time I am purposely cagey is with a member who has pushed boundaries in the past, by being particularly mean or stalkery. By mean I mean aggressive, pushy, demanding. For the OP sounds like there was something wrong, not with you - with the human being who is the performer.

Also be aware the typed word can be interpretted differently especially with lack of bodylanguage, tone, inflection. Move on and find someone you do engage with, or on the off chance it was an off day try again. There have been moment when I am taken up with dealing with someone difficult, often in invisible mode so others cannot see what the person is typing at me - but I have to suss out what is going on, get them blocked/reported/or told. Basically take control of my room. In that time I may miss people, or not be able to give them any attention.

This, yes. Thanks, young girl :*

And no, I don't tell *you* what to do and definitively don't give lessons to anyone, I only confirm how this could be perceived for who (like OP) maybe hardly imagine it. I thought it was said just like did other models in this thread and it was addressed originally to OP

I don't know how I'm just now seeing this post directed to me, but I'm a soon-to-be 39-year old woman...definitely not a "young girl." 👍

I don't know how I'm just now seeing this
Sometimes when a thread is really busy I've noticed that not all posts show up right away for me. Most will but then random ones can take a few days, I think it's a mini glitch. That might have been what happened there to you too.

ETA; And yeah everything that 7-inch rabbit fucker said was a pile of over-generalized tripe. But what can we expect of someone who so blatantly lies about their height, for so many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.